These blonde quotes will make you question everything you think you know about hair color!
Sadly, we have all heard the ‘dumb blonde jokes’ or the theory that men prefer blondes to brunettes, and even that blonde-haired women have more fun.
While men do not bear the brunt of these types of comments, they do occasionally encounter the ‘blondes are less intelligent’ stereotype with dumb jock and surfer dude comments.
There are many blonde quotes here about ‘gentlemen preferring blondes’ and blonde jokes. However, just where did this all start from?
Let’s start with the first of these stereotypes; are blondes less intelligent than their darker-haired counterparts?
The flighty and flirty blonde bombshell developed from Hollywood roles, and there are several quotes from some of the most famous blonde actresses. However, is it based on any kind of fact?
Well, science says no; and, in fact, argues that blondes might actually be smarter. Just how could science figure this out, you might ask?
Just keep reading through these blonde quotes to find out, and question everything you think you know about hair color!
Don’t forget to also check out these stylish hair quotes that will boost your confidence.
Blonde quotes from some of our favorite and famous blondes
1. “I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb… and I also know that I’m not blonde.” ― Dolly Parton
2. “I like to feel blonde all over.” ― Marilyn Monroe
3. “It takes a smart brunette to play a dumb blonde.” ― Marilyn Monroe
4. “I’m such a blonde. It just doesn’t make sense for me to have dark hair.” ― Jessica Simpson
5. “I’m very intelligent. I’m capable of doing everything put to me. I’ve launched a perfume and want my own hotel chain. I’m living proof blondes are not stupid.” ― Paris Hilton
6. “There’s nobody in the world like me. I think every decade has an iconic blonde, like Marilyn Monroe or Princess Diana and, right now, I’m that icon.” ― Paris Hilton
7. “Being a Southern person and a blonde, it’s not a good combination. Immediately, when people meet you, they think of you as not being smart.” ― Reese Witherspoon
8. “Going blonde is like buying yourself a light bulb!” ― Heidi Klum
9. “My hair got lighter, and I gradually went blonde. I liked it. Had more fun. But my image of myself in my head is this dark-haired person.” ― Lisa Kudrow
10. “It’s great to be a blonde. With low expectations it’s very easy to surprise people.” ― Pamela Anderson
Blonde quotes about being an actress
11. “As a brunette, I had previously been this serious actress. Then I became a blonde and got to play a completely different, comic role.” ― Loni Anderson
12. “I never get the tall, blonde, glamorous roles because I’m not tall, blonde and glamorous. I’m more the wee, disturbing characters because of the way I look or sound.” ― Shirley Henderson
13. “You have to be smart to play a dumb blonde over and over again and keep the audience’s attention without extraordinary physical equipment.” ― Judy Holliday
14. “You know, just because you’re a blonde type doesn’t mean you can’t suddenly do serious parts.” ― Cleo Moore
15. “I personally prefer being a blonde, but whatever it takes for the character.” ― Peta Wilson
16. “Yes, I’m blonde. When I started as an actor, because of the accent and my body and my personality, it was not what the stereotype of the Latina woman in Hollywood is, so they didn’t know where to put me. The blond hair wasn’t matching. The moment I put my hair dark, it was better for my work.” ― Sofia Vergara
17. “I enjoy flitting around between hair colors. I find it fascinating when people think I’m naturally blonde, as I’ve only been blonde for about two seconds. People pay more attention to you as a blonde; it’s also easier for people to assume you’re a ditsy young actress. Of course, I am a ditsy young actress – well, maybe not ditsy.” ― Holliday Grainger
18. “Stand-up is a weird animal. There are people who really want to know what you think about things, your opinion on life. But then there are people who think you’re just that beautician in ‘Legally Blonde,’ who doesn’t have opinions on anything. Or that I’m Stifler’s mom and hot for it all the time.” ― Jennifer Coolidge
19. “I’m sorry, but I can’t make a movie with the blonde from ‘ER’ who is starring in every single bad romantic comedy.” ― Matthew Fox
‘Dumb blonde,’ ‘blondes have more fun,’ and other blonde quotes
20. “Blonde is dumb comedy, red hair is smart, sexy comedy.” ― Lisa Kudrow
21. “I may be a dumb blonde, but I’m not that blonde.” ― Patricia Neal
22. “The myth of the strong black woman is the other side of the coin of the myth of the beautiful dumb blonde.” ― Eldridge Cleaver
23. “The best part of being blonde is forgivable momentary lapses of common sense.” ― Caity Lotz
24. “I don’t think it’s true that blondes have more fun… Trust me, it is not true!” ― Mila Kunis
25. “People keep asking me if I am having more fun, being blonde, but I always have fun! Whether I’m blonde, redhead, or brunette! I always have fun.” ― Kelly Clarkson
26. “If I have only one life . . . let me live it as a blonde.” ― Shirley Polykoff
27. “When I’m a blonde, I can say the world is purple, and they’ll believe me because they weren’t listening to me.” ― Kylie Bax
28. “Blonde or brunette, this rhyme applies, happy is he who knows them not.” ― Francois Villon
29. “The thing that bugged me the most about the blonde women was that they just smiled and nodded and smiled and nodded. I could never tell what they were thinking.” ― Ellie Lofaro
Blonde quotes about ‘gentlemen prefer blondes’
30. “God is a gentleman. He prefers blondes.” ― Joe Orton
31. “Gentlemen prefer blondes.” ― Anita Loos
32. “That gentlemen prefer blondes is due to the fact that, apparently, pale hair, delicate skin and an infantile expression represent the very apex of frailty which every man longs to violate.” ― Alexander King
33. “It isn’t that gentlemen really prefer blondes, it’s just that we look dumber.” ― Anita Loos
34. “It is possible that blondes also prefer gentleman.” ― Mamie Van Doren
35. “Being blonde is definitely a different state of mind. I can’t really put my finger on it, but the artifice of being blonde has some incredible sort of sexual connotation. Men really respond to it.” ― Madonna Ciccone
36. “I really enjoyed being a blonde. Men were more friendly and flirtatious. My face looked more worldly. It took the innocence away. It could be the new me.” ― Stephanie Zimbalist
37. “I always say now that I’m in my blonde years. Because since the end of my marriage, all of my girlfriends have been blonde.” ― Hugh Hefner
38. “Picasso had his pink period and his blue period. I am in my blonde period right now.” ― Hugh Hefner
39. “You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you’ll never get any sleep with a redhead!” ― Jamie Luner
40. “The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.” ― Alice Cooper
Blonde quotes about ‘what it is like being blonde’
41. “Some women are born blonde. Some achieve it. Being blonde doesn’t have anything to do with your natural hair color. It’s an attitude.” ― Elaine Viets
42. “I was never a dangerous woman. I’m not the prissy blonde woman that could take your husband away.” ― Catherine Deneuve
43. “I have always liked the contrast between being blonde and having dark features.” ― Rita Ora
44. “Being blonde now doesn’t mean Marilyn Monroe’s vulnerability. Blonde in the Eighties means being in control.” ― Kim Wilde
45. “I love blonde hair but it really does something different to you. I feel more grounded when I have dark hair, and I feel more ethereal when I have light hair. It’s unexplainable. I also feel more Italian when my hair is dark.” ― Madonna Ciccone
46. “Just because I’ve got blonde hair and haven’t been to Bosnia doesn’t mean I’m a bimbo. I am still a serious journalist.” ― Jill Dando
47.” Being blonde means people decide on sight that you are much prettier and nicer than you really are, just as Americans automatically add 10 points to someone’s IQ when they hear an English accent. Fact.” ― Rachel Johnson
48. “When I was blonde I was perceived as an innocent and sweet young girl.” ― Samantha Mathis
49. “I’m not the stereotypical blonde vixen girl but rather the blonde freckled girl from Kentucky.” ― Maggie Lawson
50. “When you’re not blonde and thin, you come up with a personality real quick.” ― Kathy Najimy
More fascinating blonde quotes
51. “It was a blonde. A blonde to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained-glass window.” ― Raymond Chandler
52. “I had a dream that I had brown hair…I woke up and ran to the mirror…Phew! I’m still a blonde.” ― Starley Ard
53. “My first job as assistant director was to make sure he didn’t cast the talented blond dancer who had so easily stolen my boyfriend the summer before. I accomplished this with the persistent and skilled manipulation of a grade A bitch.” ― Tina Fey
54. “Leo thought of blondes as much too smart and much too dangerous.” ― Rick Riordan
55. “A blonde woman, be she dull or anything else, appears superior to any brunette.” ― Albert Memmi
56. “These blondes, sir, they’re responsible for a lot of trouble.” ― Agatha Christie
57. “Blondes are like white mice, you only find them in cages. They wouldn’t last long in nature. They’re too conspicuous.” ― Margaret Atwood
58. “There was only one blonde in the room, and she didn’t even have a tan.” ― Francine Pascal
59. “There’s only one sort of natural blonde on earth – albinos.” ― Marilyn Monroe
60. “She was what we used to call a suicide blonde– dyed by her own hand.” ― Saul Bellow
What did you learn from these blonde quotes?
So, just how does science go about disputing every dumb blonde joke? Simple, the answer is research. Good old-fashioned research.
As it turns out, the government has been conducting a longitudinal study for nearly 60 years. The survey, called the National Longitudinal Surveys, has been asking the same group of people the same questions for decades.
Part of the demographic information was natural hair color, height, weight, etc. This survey also gathered the IQ of participants, and, you guessed it, there was no significant evidence that proved blondes were “dumb.”
That leaves only two questions left: “Do gentleman prefer blondes”, and “Are blondes more fun”? Well, science comes to the rescue again, but this time the research supports the claim. As a brunette, this really saddens me, but my husband seems to like my dark hair so I will not get too sad…
This study found that men view blondes as ‘significantly’ younger and healthier-looking than brunettes. There is also this perception from men that blondes are more promiscuous, and they believe women with darker hair make better mothers. Let’s be clear that just because men believe something does not make it true…
As for whether blondes have more fun, I beg to differ again, but you can share your thoughts in the comment section below. What did you learn from these blonde quotes and sayings?
April 20, 2022 5:00 AM EST