Finding insecure people quotes might be a difficult task for some.
If you are one of them, we have got you covered.
Here, we have created a compilation of the best insecure people quotes.
So, you can choose from a wide range of options.
Also, we have discussed the major causes of insecurity.
So, without any further ado, let’s start!
What Makes People Insecure?
Insecurities are associated with the standards that we have set in our society.
It involves interactions with other people, including friends, family members, colleagues, etc.
In simple words, insecurities find their way into our lives when we compare ourselves.
Many insecurities are driven when we face unpleasant experiences of being different.
For instance, if a child is overweight, every other child at school will probably tease him for the child’s different physical appearance.
Below are the most prominent causes of insecurity:
Rejection or Failure
Insecure people usually have lost their confidence or self-esteem because of a recent event.
These events can affect our mood and our morale.
Similarly, our happiness level is based on recent events in our lives.
For instance, if a person faces rejection or failure, chances are that he/she might start feeling insecure.
Apart from this, people with lower self-esteem are more prone to insecurities.
In most cases, insecure people lack confidence when participating in family gatherings, parties, interviews, etc.
The success of the people around you leads to social anxiety.
It increases the chances of developing insecurities.
Hence, insecure people avoid social gatherings and events to prevent themselves from the pain of damaging their self-esteem.
Experiences can continue to haunt you, conveying that you are unimportant, or belong to a particular part of society.
Usually, this kind of insecurity relies on false beliefs about a person’s self-worth.
Most interestingly, those who are judging others are actually covering up their own insecurities.
We are in the habit of choosing higher standards for ourselves.
For instance, we want to score the highest exam marks, find the best job, and carry a perfect figure.
All these are examples of perfectionism, which ultimately fuels insecurities.
Especially when things don’t go as planned, we feel insecure.
Besides, when you face constant disappointments, you blame yourself and feeling insecure.
Top 10 Insecure People Quotes
Let’s start with the top 10 best insecure people quotes.
1. “Only the insecure strive for security.” — Wayne Dyer
2. “Insecure people seek answers in all the wrong places.” — Robert Black
3. “Secure people share the credit; insecure people steal it.” — Alan H. Meyer
4. “Insecure people put others down to raise themselves up.” — Habeeb Akande
5. “We have an epidemic of insecure people in our society today.” — Joyce Meyer
6. “Sometimes people are mean because they feel insecure about themselves.” — E. Lockhart
7. “Insecure people often falsify the past in order to make the future pure.” — Shannon L. Alder
8. “Insecure people try to make you feel smaller. Confident people love to see you walk taller.” — Jazz Zo Marcellus
9. “Insults are the last resort of insecure people with a crumbling position trying to appear confident.” — Dustin Woodward
10. “Insecure people have a special sensitivity for anything that finally confirms their own low opinion of themselves.” — Sue Grafton
Factual Insecure People Quotes
Intellectual people quote some of the bitter facts about insecure people and insecurity as follows.
11. “Most bad behavior comes from insecurity.” — Debra Winger
12. “Insecurity, for me, feels like the sensation of suffocating.” — Tyler Joseph
13. “A lack of transparency results in distrust and a deep sense of insecurity.” — Dalai Lama
14. “Insecure people often perceive mistreatment when that is not the case at all…” — Unknown
15. “It’s insecurity that is always chasing you and standing in the way of your dreams.” — Vin Diesel
16. “Insecure people play with someone else’s feelings. Secure people respect the feelings of others.” — Karon Waddell
17. “Most men have an insecurity of some sort. But we’re brought up to believe that we can’t show them.” — Luke Evans
18. “Anger is a manifestation of a deeper issue… and that, for me, is based on insecurity, self-esteem, and loneliness.” — Naomi Campbell
19. “I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification.” — Lady Gaga
20. “People who feel insecure in social situations never miss a chance to exhibit their dominance over close, submissive friends, whom they put down publicly, in front of everyone—by teasing, for example.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Sarcastic Insecure People Quotes
Want some irony and sarcasm?
You can avoid the unpleasant air that insecure people spread by reading these quotes.
21. “Approval is for insecure people.” — Unknown
22. “I don’t need your approval, darling; that’s for insecure people.” — Unknown
23. “Insecure people seek attention; confident people are given attention without trying.” — Unknown
24. “Only insecure people need to speak badly about others as an underhanded way of praising themselves.” — Unknown
25. “An insecure person is always chasing the spotlight. A confident person is always being chased by the spotlight.” — Unknown
26. “The need to make sure everyone knows all of the great stuff about us is usually an insecurity in itself.” — Matthew Hussey
27. “Insecure people only eclipse your sun because they’re jealous of your daylight and tired of their dark, starless nights.” — Shannon L. Alder
28. “The most insecure people always have the most to say about somebody else. So don’t let insecure people make you feel insecure about yourself.” — Trent Shelton
29. “Never succumb to the provocation. Remember that all those who are trying to hurt or offend you are weak; they are inferior or insecure people.” — Kawaljit Singh
30. “Cheaters often accuse you of cheating. Liars often accuse you of lying. Insecure people often crumble your security. Behavior speaks… How someone treats you may have nothing to do with you; but can be a reflection of who they are.” — Steve Maraboli
Insecure People Quotes that are Motivational
Each of us struggles with insecurities.
31. “I think insecurity does drive people. I know it’s what drove me to push for the work I’ve got.” — Sarah Parish
32. “The task we must set for ourselves is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.” — Erich Fromm
33. “I have had the fortune of seeing very glamorous and beautiful women close up, and I have seen their fears and insecurity.” — Vikram Bhatt
34. “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself.” — T. Harv Eker
35. “I have my moments of insecurity and figuring out what’s going on and what I’m supposed to do, but if you don’t push yourself, you’re not growing, so where do you go?” — Selena Gomez
More insecurity quotes to ponder
36. “An exciting and inspiring future awaits you beyond the noise in your mind, beyond the guilt, doubt, fear, shame, insecurity and heaviness of the past you carry around.” — Debbie Ford
37. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” — Stacy London
38. “At the level at which I work with people, their great talent is paired with great insecurity. Self-doubt is literally the twin of self-confidence. And I have to be there for both.” — William Ivey Long
39. “I think we are all insecure, and there is nothing wrong in accepting that. But the problem arises when we try to counter this insecurity by cultivating this illusion of control, and we start taking ourselves and everything we know too seriously.” — Sushant Singh Rajput
40. “I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did. And I get the sweats. I go in and start working, I’m not sure where I’m going. If I knew where I was going I wouldn’t do it.” — Frank Gehry
Insecure People Quotes that are Funny
Here is a selection of hilarious quotes from some of our favorite celebs to add fun.
41. “I have a strange combination of fearlessness and massive insecurity.” — Penny Marshall
42. “It’s my insecurity that makes me want to be a comic, that makes me need the audience.” — Ray Romano
43. “Vanity can apply to both insecurity and egotism. So I distance myself, because I feel everything.” — Taylor Swift
44. “I think my biggest flaw is my insecurity. I’m terribly insecure. I’m plagued with insecurities 24/7.” — Madonna Ciccone
45. “Me not finishing school – in my head, I still have this insecurity when I’m talking to someone educated.” — The Weeknd
46. “I used to have insecurity about my finances, then I announced that I had debt, and now I don’t have any insecurities.” — Kanye West
47. “I think anybody with an insecurity, which is everyone, appreciates the fact that it’s much easier to be a predator than it is to be prey.” — James Van Der Beek
48. “I have a very positive attitude in life. My insecurity, fear, and need to know about tomorrow have fortunately eased. What is going to happen will happen anyway. So why break my head over it?” — Katrina Kaif
49. “Trump, in the crinkling of an eye, senses better than anyone the insecurity of people, that nobody knows whether anything is good or bad until they are told, and he is quite willing to tell them immediately.” — Jimmy Breslin
50. “We’re all our own worst critics and so hard on ourselves, but for me, my biggest insecurity is my arms. I just hate the tops of them. I work out, and they still never look good enough for me. So, over the years, I’ve learned to dress to make myself feel better.” — Khloe Kardashian
Which One of these Insecure People Quotes is your Favorite?
The insecure people quotes collection provided above can give you an idea about people’s insecurities.
We have included the most relevant quotes when creating our insecure quotes compilation.
Hence, this would make it easy for you to find your favorite quotes.
Besides, we have included short and long quotes to meet your preferences.
If one of our insecure people quotes is your favorite, comment in the section below.