We can all relate to these homework quotes, so take a few minutes and enjoy the quotes!
Homework is a set of school tasks to be completed outside of classroom time.
Over the course of the last few years, homework has been hotly debated as to whether or not it is an effective way to teach students.
You might also like these related articles:
Some of the discussion points are:
- Health and Daily Life – There is no doubt that homework is stressful, and although some homework teaches discipline, too much can have negative mental and emotional effects.
- Effectiveness – For younger kids, homework does not seem to affect their classroom scores, but as children get older, those willing or able to spend more time on homework generally have higher grades.
- Best Use of Resources – Not only is it argued if homework is the best use of a student’s time, but also what type of homework. Busy work discourages students from enjoying school, but effective homework reinforces the lessons taught.
Take a look at these homework quotes to remember just what it felt like to have homework each night.
Best Homework Quotes
Enjoy some of the best quotes about homework.
1. “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart
2. “Be ready. Do your homework; that’s all I can say.” — Julie Andrews
3. “You will never get anywhere if you do not do your homework.” — Jim Rogers
4. “Do your own homework. I can’t overstate the importance of this.” — Steve Eisman
5. “A genius is often a talented person who has simply done all of his homework..” — Thomas A. Edison
6. “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” — Lily Tomlin
7. “They have school all day, then homework from six until eleven. There’s no time left to be creative.” — Tom Petty
8. “I tell my daughters, ‘Finish your homework. People in India and China are starving for your job.’” — Thomas Friedman
9. “Nothing is more powerful for your future than being a gatherer of good ideas and information. That’s called doing your homework.” — Jim Rohn
10. “The worst thing a kid can say about homework is that it is too hard. The worst thing a kid can say about a game is it’s too easy.” — Henry Jenkins
Funny Homework Quotes to Make You Laugh
As an often-disliked topic, many people have had comedic things to say about homework.
11. “What I like about baseball – there’s no homework!” — Dan Quisenberry
12. “If you attend Miskatonic University, your homework might eat your dog.” — James Pratt
13. “The teacher can always tell when you did your homework on the bus.” — Cynthia Lewis
14. “Inspiration comes in the middle of the night when you should be doing homework.” — Amy Lee
15. “Homework, I have discovered, involves a sharp pencil and thick books and long sighs.” — Katherine Applegate
16. “It’s piles and piles of emotional homework forever if you ever want to qualify as a grown-up.” — Mary H.K. Choi
17. “I am learning skills I will use for the rest of my life by doing homework – procrastinating and negotiation.” — Bill Watterson
19. “It’s funny, or tragic, really, how an ordinary act like helping someone with their homework could be the inadvertent trigger for almost a decade of silent suffering.” — Jonathan Tropper
20. “Homework should be a swear word. Every time the teacher says it, they should have to put money in a jar, and then, when there is enough, they need to buy all the kids ice cream.” — Rachel Inbar
Homework Quotes About the Struggle of Homework
For many students, parents of students, and even teachers, homework is very difficult.
21. “Homework’s hard. Especially math.” — Angelina Jolie
22. “I have always felt there should be a balance between homework and family time.” — Annie Lopez
23. “Homework is not an option. My bed is sending out serious nap rays.” — Laurie Halse Anderson
24. “College is about three things: homework, fun, and sleep…but you can only choose two.” — Andy Stern
25. “If the kids haven’t learned the concepts by the time they leave the classroom… homework is pointless.” — Heather Broos
26. “My life is a black hole of boredom and despair. So basically, you have been doing homework.” — Kiersten White
27. “One of life’s most painful moments comes when we must admit that we didn’t do our homework, that we are not prepared.” — Merlin Olsen
28. “Every kid goes through puberty, wondering what to do about girls and struggling with homework, and every adult has been through that.” — Tom Holland
29. “Here’s an irony about school: The daily grind of tests, homework, and pressures sometimes blunts rather than stimulates a thirst for knowledge.” — Jerry Spinelli
30. “No kid should be getting three or four hours of homework a night. There’s no breathing time, there’s no family time, there are just extracurriculars and homework and then go to bed.” — Ross W. Greene
Homework Quotes About Education From Famous Teachers
Take a look at these quotes about education from famous and well-known educators.
31. “Education is the ticket to success.” — Jaime Escalante
32. “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” — Bill Nye
33. “Children require guidance and sympathy far more than instruction.” — Anne Sullivan
34. “Each time you fail, you have eliminated another wrong option.” — Thomas A. Edison
35. “The only thing that is more expensive than education is ignorance.” — Benjamin Franklin
36. “Education is useless without the Bible. The Bible was America’s basic textbook in all fields.” — Noah Webster
37. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” — Albert Einstein
38. “There is little point in teaching anything backwards. The whole object of life, Headmistress, is to go forwards.” — Miss Honey
39. “From no source has this author drawn more conspicuously than from the sacred Scriptures. From all these extracts from the Bible, I make no apology.” — William Holmes McGuffey
40. “In the course of your education, you have always been taught to look for the right answer. But you must also know that in life, sometimes the right answer is that there isn’t one.” — Mr. Feeny
Motivational Homework Quotes
Here are some quotes about homework to motivate you.
41. “We’re doing our homework to make sure we’re prepared.” — Gary Gait
42. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” — John D. Rockefeller
43. “You have got to pay attention, you have got to study, and you have to do your homework.” — Daisy Fuentes
44. “Do your homework and know your facts, but remember it’s passion that persuades.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
45. “If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.” — Michelangelo
46. “The more you do your homework, the more you’re free to be intuitive. But you’ve got to put the work in.” — Edward Norton
47. “My parents always taught me that my day job would never make me rich; it’d be my homework.” — Daymond John
48. “I’m not a good musician, but I did my homework, and I knew this was my way out of profound poverty.” — Haim Saban
49. “It is not that we had any unfair knowledge that other people didn’t have; it is just that we did our homework. People just don’t want to believe that anyone can break away from the crowd and rise above mediocrity.” — Paul Tudor Jones
50. “The tree I had in the garden as a child, my beech tree, I used to climb up there and spend hours. I took my homework up there, my books, I went up there if I was sad, and it just felt very good to be up there among the green leaves and the birds and the sky.” — Jane Goodall
Who Gets Assigned Homework?
Traditionally homework is assigned at all school levels, but the amount and difficulty of homework increases at each grade level.
While children often receive little to no homework in elementary school, they start to receive more in middle school, then regularly receive homework in high school and college.
Share these homework quotes with your friends and family, and share your favorite in the comment section below.