If you want to focus your life on meaningful things, then these La Vida quotes are for you!
La Vida is a Spanish phrase that means “the life.”
The term describes experiencing your life by living it for the meaningful things in life.
Everyone has different things that are meaningful to them, but some of the most common meaningful things in life are:
- Leaving a positive legacy
- Accomplishing things that are important to you
- Learning who you uniquely are and enjoying being you
Don’t wait for tomorrow to live your life; start now by identifying the meaningful things to you.
Take a few minutes to read these La Vida Quotes about people living their lives to the fullest.
Best La Vida Quotes for Living a Meaningful Life
These quotes will inspire you to live a more meaningful life.
1. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde
2. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” — Mahatma Gandhi
3. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” — Pablo Picasso
4. “The purpose of life is to contribute in some ways to making things better.” — Robert F. Kennedy
5. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” — Mark Twain
6. “It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.” — Tony Robbins
7. “The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The work of life is to develop it. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.” — David Viscott
8. “The purpose of life is not to be happy, but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.” — Leo Rosten
9. “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you lived and lived well.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes to Encourage You to Have an Adventure
These La Vida quotes remind you that life is an adventure.
11. “Jobs fill your pockets, but adventures fill your soul.” — Jaime Lyn
12. “You only live once, and I just don’t want to waste a minute of my life.” — Richard Branson
13. “You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.” — Eminem
14. “Focus on what you want to do, don’t be scared to try stuff. You only live once. You gotta take risks at times.” — Mark Zupan
15. “A life of adventure is ours for the taking, whether we’re seven or seventy. Life, for the most part, is what we make it.” — Luci Swindoll
16. “Death is not the biggest fear we have- our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive—the risk to be alive and express what we are.” — Don Miguel Ruiz
17. “You only get so much time on this planet. You can waste it, race against it, watch it slip away. Or you can turn it into a lifelong adventure.” — Cigar Aficionado
18. “While it is tempting to play it safe, the more we’re willing to risk, the more alive we are. In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.” — Kelsey Grammer
19. “You only live once, and you don’t know it because of the everyday activities, but if you walk around knowing you only have one time on this planet, you’ll make a whole lot more of it.” — Jordan Knight
20. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather a skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, ‘Wow! What a ride!’” — Hunter S. Thompson
Inspirational La Vida Quotes to Go After Your Dreams
Use your life to go after your dreams, as encouraged in the following quotes.
21. “Live free, dream loud, be inspired, find your power.” — Ben Herr
22. “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die tomorrow.” — James Dean
23. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” — Steve Jobs
24. “You only live once, but if you do it with purpose, once is enough.” — Ryan Gutierrez
25. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
26. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
27. “You only live once. If you don’t enjoy it, it’s your fault; nobody else’s.” — Duncan Bannatyne
28. “Do all that you can… with all that you have… in the place that you are… right now!” — Les Brown
29. “I’m one for the ‘You only live once, so you should do as much as you can sort of thing.” — Zara Phillips
30. “For me, life is about enjoying yourself because you only live once. We should try to make the most of things and follow our dreams.” — Heidi Klum
You Only Live Once Quotes
We only have one chance at life, so these La Vida quotes encourage you to live with intention.
31. “You only live once, so enjoy the ride.” — Oliver Gaspirtz
32. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” — Wayne Dyer
33. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
34. “Life is too short to be wasted in finding answers. Enjoy the questions!” — Paulo Coelho
35. “You only live once, for a very short time. So make every second divine.” — Mitch Lucker
36. “My philosophy in life is that you only live once. Live life to its fullest.” — Richard Branson
37. “There is only one success—to be able to spend your life in your own way.” — Christopher Morley
38. “Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you.” — Roy T. Bennett
39. “To begin living like you’ve never lived before, begin living like you’ve never lived before.” — Mike Dooley
40. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” — Walter Hagen
La Vida Quotes to Make a Difference
These quotes can inspire you to live your life to make a difference.
41. “You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.” — Ruth E. Renkl
42. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
43. “Nobody said life would be easy; they just promised it would most likely be worth it.” — Harvey Mackay
44. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your way can illuminate the world.” — Oprah Winfrey
45. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
46. “You only live once; life is really short… don’t let anything minuscule like that keep you down. Keep your head up.” — Mitch Lucker
47. “Big things are built one brick at a time. Victories are achieved one choice at a time. A life well lived is chosen one day at a time.” — Lysa Terkeurst
48. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you. They are supposed to help you discover who you are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagon
49. “You learn something out of everything, and you come to realize more than ever that we’re all here for a certain space of time, and, then it’s going to be over, and you better make it count.” — Nancy Reagan
50. “I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show or any good things I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.” — William Penn
How You Can Start Living a More Meaningful Life
When you pursue meaning in your life, it often leads to more long-term happiness than when you are just pursuing instant gratification.
You can live a more meaningful life by living in the moment, being forgiving and generous to others, and focusing on the important things in life.
Please share these La Vida quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about La Vida in the comment section below!