Allow these great quotes about life to show you just how precious our time on this earth really is.
Life can be full of challenges and hurdles, but you can overcome them with the right mindset and motivation.
To quote the theme song from Friends, “No one told you life was going to be this way.”
It isn’t always going to be “your day, your week, your month, or your year,” but it also doesn’t mean it will never be your time to shine and prosper, either!
In the comment section below, let us know which one you liked the most.
So, let’s get you unstuck from second gear and have you moving down the highway of life!
What are the benefits of reading life quotes?
We are living this thing called life, so it’s helpful to read about life from other people’s perspectives.
The life quotes encompass nearly every aspect that makes up our day-to-day lives.
They will help you understand things about:
- Anything that could pop up in your world
Allow these deep quotes about life to inspire you to make your trips around the sun the best ones possible from this day forward.
Great Quotes About Life, Love, and Happiness
Let these life quotes open your eyes to things you might take for granted, yearn for, or need to let go of.
2. “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.” — Morrie Schwartz
3. “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” — Roy Croft
4. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” — Herman Hesse
Inspirational quotes about love and life for him and her
Sharing life with another adds something special to life.
6. “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
7. “When we are in love, we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.” — Blaise Pascal
8. “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
9. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.” — Lao Tzu
10. “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” — Leo Buscaglia
Do you know why they call it the present?
Because every day you have on this earth is truly a gift.
No day is ever wasted, and each morning we wake up in the present—we should see it as the gift that it is and never think to take it for granted!
Part of the Everyday Power philosophy is to take full responsibility for how we talk to ourselves and others.
What better way to improve our self-communication skills than to stand on the shoulders (and mantras) of the greats?
11. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” — Rumi
12. “It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Uplifting great quotes about life and love for a happier life
We firmly believe in the power of the written and spoken word and its ability to impact you on your journey to creating a great life.
13. “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” — Julia Roberts
14. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” — Plato
15. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
17. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” — Oscar Wilde
18. “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” — Henry Miller
19. “If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.” — Benjamin Franklin
Great quotes about life that will inspire happiness
20. “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
21. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
22. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” — John Updike
23. “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” — Elbert Hubbard
24. “The giving of love is an education in itself.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “The more one judges, the less one loves.” — Honore de Balzac
26. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” — Ingrid Bergman
27. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
28. “Life never gives us what we want at the moment that we consider appropriate. Adventures do occur, but not punctually.” ― E.M. Forster
29. “Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.” — James Thurber
30. “The best proof of love is trust.” — Joyce Brothers
Great quotes about life and dreams
To help you create a more fulfilling life, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and great quotes about life, collected from various sources over the years.
31. “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.” — Honore de Balzac
32. “For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.” — Carl Sagan
33. “Life is what you make of it. You can make it easy on yourself, or you can make it hard.” — Deep Roy
34. “Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.” — David Wilkerson
35. “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.” — Wayne Dyer
36. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” — Marcus Aurelius
37. “Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” — William James
38. “I think being in love with life is a key to eternal youth.” — Doug Hutchison
39. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” — Emily Dickinson
40. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” ― George Sand
41. “Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Quotes to Inspire You to Pursue Your Dreams
You only have life to live so these quotes remind you to go after your dreams.
42. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
43. “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
44. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
45. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
46. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
47. “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Great quotes about life and love
These tips will help you focus on what truly matters in life.
48. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde
49. “The trick in life is learning how to deal with it.” — Helen Mirren
50. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” — Charles R. Swindoll
51. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
52. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”— Soren Kierkegaard
53. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
54. “You can control two things: your work ethic and your attitude about anything.” ― Ali Krieger
55. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin
56. “One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” — Gerard Way
57. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” — Les Brown
58. “Life is a series of baby steps.” — Hoda Kotb
59. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.” — Lucille Ball
Great quotes about life to inspire and teach
Take in these life lessons and use them to live your best life.
60. “When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’” — Sydney Harris
61. “I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive.” — Joan Rivers
62. “Live each day as if your life had just begun.” — Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
64. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” — Arthur Rubinstein
65. “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” — Denis Waitley
66. “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.” ― Allen Saunders
67. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ― Albert Einstein
68. “We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one.” — Tom Hiddleston
69. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Life quotes that’ll motivate you
Remember that time is a precious commodity, and you need to use it wisely.
71. “It is not the length of life, but depth of life.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
72. “Mellow doesn’t always make for a good story, but it makes for a good life.” ― Anne Hathaway
73. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” ― Steve Jobs
74. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ― Mark Twain
75. “The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” ― Walter Bagehot
76. “Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less.” ― Marie Curie
77. “The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” ― William James
78. “Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.” ― Jack London
80. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection” ― Sharon Salzberg
Great quotes about life that’ll inspire you to be the best version of yourself
Use these quotes to bring your best to every situation you face in life.
81. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
82. “I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.” — Herbert Bayard Swope
83. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” — Dolly Parton
84. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” — Mother Theresa
85. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.” — Beyoncé
86. “Every day is not a success. Every year is not a success. You have to celebrate the good.” — Reese Witherspoon
87. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” — Dr. Seuss
88. “I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country.” — Nathan Hale
89. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” — Søren Kierkegaard
90. “Life is made of ever so many partings welded together.” — Charles Dickens
Life quotes to inspire and motivate you
Learn from greats who have achieved high levels of success in life.
91. “Don’t give it five minutes if you’re not going to give it five years.” — Meghan Markle
92. “It’s not what we have in life but who we have in our life that matters.” — Margaret Laurence
93. “To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.” — Reba McEntire
94. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure… but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” — Francis Chan
95. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” — Carol Burnett
96. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” — Albert Einstein
97. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
98. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
99. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between, he does what he wants to do.” — Bob Dylan
Life quotes to bring out the best in you
Don’t let life just happen to you; grab life by the horns with the following quotes.
101. “If life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
102. “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” — Maya Angelou
103. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” — Oprah Winfrey
104. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
105. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” — Stephen Chbosky
106. “Rise above the storm, and you will find the sunshine.” — Mario Fernandez
107. “Good is not enough. You’ve got to be great.” — Simon Cowell
108. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
109. “You’ll never get bored when you try something new. There’s really no limit to what you can do.” — Dr. Seuss
110. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” — Kevin Kruse
111. “Watch what you say, and whatever you say, practice it.” — Soyen Shaku
112. “Many people are afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy is those who are afraid of the light.” — Plato
113. “In every life, we have some trouble, but when you worry, you make it double.” — Bobby McFerrin
114. A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song.” — Maya Angelou
115. “Begin at once to live and count each day as a separate life.” — Seneca
Great quotes about life to elevate your perspective
Continue to learn and grow throughout life with the following quotes.
116. “All limitations are self-imposed.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
117. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
118. “Have enough courage to start and enough heart to finish.” — Jessica N. S. Yourko
119. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” — Victor Hugo
120. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” — Kurt Cobain
121. “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” — Hans Christian Andersen
122. “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” — Nelson Henderson
123. “Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.” — Lillian Dickson
124. “Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn
125. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” — Will Rogers
Great quotes about life to inspire you
You get out of life when you put into it, so, use these quotes to inspire you on your journey.
126. “One day, the people that don’t even believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.” — Johnny Depp
127. “Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.” — Martin H. Fischer
128. “Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.” — Drake
129. “Life is a song – sing it / Life is a game – play it / Life is a challenge – meet it / Life is a dream – realize it / Life is a sacrifice – offer it / Life is love – enjoy it” — Sai Baba of Shirdi
130. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got.” — R. Brault
131. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” — Kahlil Gibran
132. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” — Jim Rohn
133. “If you have nothing in life but a good friend, you’re rich.” ― Michelle Kwan
134. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison
135. “One must learn to live; I practice every day.” — Ingmar Bergman
What is the best quotes about life?
Below are some great quotes to learn from and live by in life.
136. “Find something more important than you are and dedicate your life to it.” — Daniel Dennett
137. “I don’t know why we are here, but I’m pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves.” — Ludwig Wittgenstein
138. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” — Ferris Bueller
139. “Try to enjoy the great festival of life with other men!” — Epictetus
140. “This is the real secret of life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realise it is play.” — Alan Watts
141. “Be a life long or short, its completeness depends on what it was lived for.” — David Starr Jordan
142. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” — Lao Tzu
143. “Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.” — Josh Billings
144. “Life is what happens to you when you’re making other plans.” —
145. “We can’t plan life. All we can do is be available for it.” — Lauryn Hill
What are positive quotes about life?
These quotes will inspire you to find—and create—good in life happening around you.
146. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” — Dolly Parton
147. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” — Rumi
148. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” — Ashton Kutcher
149. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” — Michele Ruiz
150. “Live for each second without hesitation.” — Elton John
151. “It’s no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
152. “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or the life of another.” — Helen Keller
153. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” ― Beverly Sills
154. “Life is a flower of which love is the honey.” — Victor Hugo
155. “No one is to blame for your future situation but yourself. If you want to be successful, then become “Successful.”― Jaymin Shah
What is a good quote for life success?
The following quotes will put you on a path to success in your life.
156. “Life isn’t complicated if you don’t break your concentration on your true vision.” — Robert Randle
158. “Life is a divine adventure.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
159. “Life is a spell so exquisite that everything conspires to break it.” — Emily Dickinson
160. “Life is the soul’s nursery – Its training place for the destinies of eternity.” — William Makepeace Thackeray
161. “Life is a gamble at terrible odds—if it was a bet, you wouldn’t take it.” — Tom Stoppard
162. “Life is too short to be little. You must enlarge your imagination and then act on it.” — Benjamin Disraeli
163. “Much of what life hands us comes without prelude of fear and worry. Our fears don’t stop death, they stop life.” — Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and David Kessler
“Life’s good when it’s lived for oneself; it’s great when lived for others. The true means of happiness is to lose your mind by thinking for others!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
164. “To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.” — Emily Dickinson
165. “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.” — Paulo Coelho
Life quotes to live every day by
Remember these short quotes as you go throughout your day.
166. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
167. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
168. “The healthiest response to life is joy.” — Deepak Chopra
169. “The greatest pleasure of life is love.” — Euripides
170. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” — Grandma Moses
171. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” — Omar Khayyam
172. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” — Henry Ford
173. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
174. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
175. “Maybe that’s what life is… a wink of the eye and winking stars.” — Jack Kerouac
Great quotes about life to appreciate each day
Remember to be grateful for what you experience during your life.
176. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey
177. “In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” — Robert Frost
178. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” — Andre Gide
179. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein
180. “A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” — Mark Twain
181. “Every human life is worth the same and worth saving.” — J.K. Rowling
182. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” — Michael Cunningham
183. “Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.” — Gustave Flaubert
184. “Where there is love, there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
185. “May you live every day of your life.” — Jonathan Swift
What is a good inspirational message?
The following quotes are wise words of inspiration to apply to your life.
186. “Continue to share your heart with people even if it has been broken.” — Amy Poehler
187. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — Nora Ephron
188. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” — Robert A. Heinlein
189. “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” — Princess Diana
190. “The regret of my life is that I have not said ‘I love you’ often enough.” — Yoko Ono
191. “When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” — Jess C. Scott
192. “We love the things we love for what they are.” — Robert Frost
193. “Things will get easier, people’s minds will change, and you should be alive to see it.”― Ellen DeGeneres
194. “Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn’t what you get for it, but what you become for it.” — Steve Maraboli
195. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Great quotes about life from Buddha
Read the perspective on life and how to live from Buddha.
196. “Resolutely train yourself to attain peace.” — Buddha
197. “Live with no sense of ‘mine,’ not forming attachment to experiences.” — Buddha
198. “Ardently do today what must be done. Who knows? Tomorrow, death comes.” — Buddha
199. “Those who cling to perceptions and views wander the world offending people.” — Buddha
200. “I will not look at another’s bowl intent on finding fault: a training to be observed.” — Buddha
201. “Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so, the wise are not affected by praise or blame.” — Buddha
202. “Whatever is not yours: let go of it. Your letting go of it will be for your long-term happiness & benefit.” — Buddha
203. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” — Buddha
204. “Better it is to live one day seeing the rise and fall of things than to live a hundred years without ever seeing the rise and fall of things.” — Buddha
205. “Let none find fault with others; let none see the omissions and commissions of others. But let one see one’s own acts, done and undone.” — Buddha
Life quotes on simple rules to live by
Here are simple rules you can apply to your life to improve it and appreciate it more.
206. “Don’t go through life, grow through life.” — Eric Butterworth
207. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — E. M. Forster
208. “Life is like a camera. Focus on what’s important. Capture the good times. And if things don’t work out, just take another shot.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
209. “Life is too deep for words, so don’t try to describe it, just live it.” — C. S. Lewis
210. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Breault
211. “You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” — Walter Hagen
212. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” — Harvey Fierstein
213. “Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what they have been through.” — Sam Cawthorn
214. “Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.” — Dale Carnegie
215. “Make space in your life for the things that matter, for family and friends, love and generosity, fun and joy. Without this, you will burn out in mid-career and wonder where your life went.” — Jonathan Sacks
Deep quotes about life
These quotes will make you reflect on life and how you’re living it right now.
216. “A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed.” — Henrik Ibsen
217. “Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
218. “You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.” — Buddha
219. “Go the extra mile, there’s no one on it.” — Grant Cardone
220. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman
221. “What matters most in life is often invisible.” — Duane Elgin
222. “It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.” — Bryant H. McGill
223. “Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.” — Jackson Brown Jr.
224. “Life is in ourselves and not in the external.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
225. “Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm, and genuine people.” ― Tena Desae
Great Quotes About Life To Live The Life of Your Dreams
Only you can control if you choose to go after your dreams or if you settle for less in life.
226. “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” — Paulo Coelho
227. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.” — William Feather
228. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” — Helen Keller
229. “Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it takes is courage, imagination … and a little dough.” — Charlie Chaplin
230. “Life is about trusting your feelings and taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past, and realizing people change.” — Jaimie Alexander
231. “Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.” — Carl Sandburg
232. “Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself.” — Paramahansa Yogananda
233. “Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.” — Richard L. Evans
234. “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” — Mark Twain
235. “The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” — Bertrand Russell
Great Quotes About Life To Live To the Fullest
Use each day to the fullest so you can get the most out of your life and contribute more to those around you.
236. “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” — Marilyn Monroe
237. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” — Bruce Lee
238. “Life is very interesting… in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths.” — Drew Barrymore
239. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” — Vivian Greene
240. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
241. “You choose the life you live. If you don’t like it, it’s on you to change it because no one else is going to do it for you.” — Kim Kiyosaki
242. “Life doesn’t require that we be the best, only that we try our best.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
243. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” — Morris West
244. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” — Kate Winslet
245. “If you live long enough, you’ll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you’ll be a better person.” — Bill Clinton
Great Quotes About Life To Fulfill Your Dreams
Use these quotes to stay encouraged as you work hard to fulfill your dreams.
246. “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” ― Aristotle
247. “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” ― Paulo Coelho
248. “Live like you’re already dead, man. Have a good time. Do your best. Let it all come ripping right through you.” ― Jeff Bridges
249. “Character develops itself in the stream of life.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
250. “If you stop struggling, then you stop life.” ― Huey Newton
251. “There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.” ― Christopher Morley
252. “A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one’s own path, not chasing after the dreams of others.” ― Chin-Ning Chu
253. “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” ― William James
254. Man is not made to understand life, but to live it.” ― George Santayana
255. “Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.” ― Keri Russell
Exploring Great Quotes About Life That Resonate Through Time
If you need a pick-me-up, these quotes can motivate you to keep going.
256. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” ― Michael Phelps
257. “Make each day your masterpiece.” ― John Wooden
258. “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” ― George Halas
259. “Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.” ― Robert T. Kiyosaki
260. “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” ― Mike Murdock
261. “Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.” ― Vince Lombardi
262. “The greatest weapon against stress is the ability to choose one thought over another.” ― William James
263. “Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you.” ― Frank Ocean
264. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” ― Barack Obama
265. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited about what could go right.” ― Tony Robbins
Unearthing Great Quotes About Life for Daily Motivation
Apply these quotes to your life when you need some motivation.
266. “Time is what we want most and what we use worst.” ― William Penn
267. “I want to be remembered as the one who tried.” ― Dr. Dorothy Height
268. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.” ― Shiv Khera
269. “Don’t give up, don’t take anything personally, and don’t take no for an answer.” ― Sophia Amoruso
270. “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” ― Mandy Hale
Good Life Quotes To Abide By
If you’re ready to transform your life, you can learn from these quotes.
271. “Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.” ― William Arthur Ward
272. “Motivation comes from working on things we care about.” ― Sheryl Sandberg
273. “There is the greatest practical benefit in making a few failures early in life.” ― Thomas Huxley
274. “Believe in life! Always human beings will live and progress to greater, broader, and fuller life.” ― W.E.B. Du Bois
275. “It is now life and not art that requires the willing suspension of disbelief.” ― Lionel Trilling
276. “Everything in your life, every experience, every relationship is a mirror of the mental pattern that is going on inside of you.” ― Louise Hay
277. “Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” ― Morgan Freeman
278. “The experience of life consists of the experience which the spirit has of itself in matter and as matter, in mind and as mind, in emotion, as emotion, etc.” ― Franz Kafka
279. “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
280. “When you know clearly what you want, you’ll wake up every morning excited about life.” ― Mark Victor Hansen
281. “Fortunately, analysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself still remains a very effective therapist.” ― Karen Horney
282. Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
Good life quotes about moments that make up a beautiful life
Enjoy the beautiful life you are living with these quotes.
283. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” ― Stephen King
284. “Life is to be enjoyed, not endured” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
285. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” ― Anais Nin
286. “If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” ― Rick Riordan
287. “That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.” ― Emily Dickinson
288. “When you make good choices, you create a beautiful life.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
289. “To live a good life: We have the potential for it. If we can learn to be indifferent to what makes no difference.” — Marcus Aurelius
290. “Find your focus by seeking all that is good in your life.” ― Lorii Myers
291. “It’s time to have and enjoy magical moments in life; reposition yourself so magic happens.” ― Kayisha Thomas
Good life quotes about happiness and love
It’s time to fully embrace life with the following quotes.
292. “Life is good when we think it’s good. Life is bad when we don’t think.” — Douglas Horton
293. “The good life is not built on a foundation of ease…it’s the hard times that give us a rock-solid foundation.” ― Richie Norton
294. “Don’t take life too seriously. Punch it in the face when it needs a good hit. Laugh at it.” ― Colleen Hoover
295. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.” ― Margaret Mitchell
296. “The truth is, you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” — Eminem
297. “Happiness is the good life that is marked by flourishing well-being, joy, prosperity, peace, satisfaction, and pleasure.” ― Ogwo David Emenike
298. “Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this.” — Celine Dion
299. “Feeling lost, crazy, and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty and reason.” ― Alain de Botton
300. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
Good life quotes that will encourage you to live fully
Live your life well and stay motivated to continue growing as time continues to past so you don’t have regrets later.
301. “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.” ― Carl Rogers
302. “Convince yourself every day that you are worthy of a good life. Let go of stress, breathe. Stay positive, all is well.” ― Germany Kent
303. “Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever; you just have to live.” ― Natalie Babbitt
304. “Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning, there is mystery; in the end, there is confirmation, but it’s in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.” ― Nicholas Sparks
305. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson
Which of these great quotes about life and love are your favorite?
Each day is an opportunity to live your life the way you choose.
And our biggest hope is that you can find the inspiration you need to live the life you truly deserve.
Hopefully, the above life quotes will inspire you to push yourself to pursue a life worth living and help you accomplish your dreams
Did you enjoy this quote collection?
Which of these great quotes about life was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear your thoughts on these life quotes!