Volcano quotes can be a source of motivation for some.
If you are one of them, this is the article for you.
Here, we have created a list of the best volcano quotes.
Apart from the quotes section, we have also discussed volcanoes, their types, and other aspects.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
So, let’s start!
What is Volcano?
Volcanoes are naturally occurring landforms created by magma’s movement from the earth’s core.
The pressure caused by the shifting of tectonic plates is the reason behind the movement of magma.
Volcanoes are found in various areas of the world and have been continuously erupting for millions of years.
How Volcanoes Are Formed
Volcanoes are created when magma comes out from the upper layer of the earth.
This magma comes from a variety of sources.
For instance, the earth’s mantle melts due to the decompression of molten lava.
When the lava reaches the earth’s surface, it ruptures and starts to flow through the mouth of a volcano.
Once cooled, the lava solidifies and forms new rocks.
Types of Volcanoes
Mainly there are three different types of volcanoes.
- Shield volcanoes
- Cinder Cone volcanoes
- Stratovolcanoes volcanoes
Shield volcanoes are known as the most common and largest of all other types of volcanoes.
The eruption of low-viscosity lava forms these volcanoes.
It builds up over time and spreads out in the shape of thin layers.
On the other hand, Cinder Cone volcanoes are much steeper and smaller.
They have a conical shape, which is made by explosive eruptions of ash and gas.
It creates a pile of loose and fragmented rocks.
When it comes to Stratovolcanoes, these volcanoes are among the most dangerous types of volcano.
These volcanoes are created by alternating layers of rock fragments, lava, and ash.
Volcanoes may behave differently during their eruption phase.
The eruption patterns usually depend on the composition of the magma and the type of volcano.
There are a few types of volcanoes that erupt slowly and quietly.
On the contrary, some are explosive in nature, causing ash clouds and pyroclastic flows.
These volcanoes can be extremely destructive, as they can produce volcanic gases, Tsunamis, and earthquakes.
Destructive Elements of Volcanoes
No doubt, volcanoes are among the most destructive elements of nature.
It can cause widespread destruction and damage.
A few of them include:
- Hot molten lava can damage vegetation and infrastructure that come in its path.
- Pyroclastic flows include hot gas and fast-moving rock fragments, which can prove to be extremely destructive.
- Ash fall can also cause damage to vehicles, buildings, and crops.
- Lahars can prove to be extremely destructive for infrastructures and crops.
- Volcanic activity could also result in earthquakes, which can cause buildings to collapse.
Top 10 Volcano Quotes
Let’s start with the best Volcano quotes.
1. “Love, my territory of kisses and volcanoes.” ― Pablo Neruda
2. “I feel like a person living on the brink of a volcano crater.” ― Agnes Smedley
3. “I feel a volcano of lovely eruptions happening within my heart!” ― Avijeet Das
4. “Living on the slopes of an active volcano keeps life interesting!” ― Steven Magee
5. “A man defying an extinct volcano is only declaring his cowardice!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
6. “People never believe in volcanoes until the lava actually overtakes them.” ― George Santayana
7. “If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom?” ― Khalil Gibran
8. “Remind me that the most fertile lands were built by the fires of volcanoes.” ― Andrea Gibson
9. “Volcano of sweetness, the thunder of honeycombs, vast love, vast death, vast fire.” ― Miguel Hernández
10. “All civilization has from time to time become a thin crust over a volcano of revolution.” ― Havelock Ellis
Volcano Quotes that are Unique
The following volcano quotes are unique and interesting.
11. “What’s the most fetching thing that provokes people? A volcano? ” ― Steve Wynn
12. “Pompeii is taught at schools in England, and, for a young boy, the combination of the Roman Empire and a volcano was irresistible.” ― Paul W. S. Anderson
13. “A democracy is a volcano which conceals the fiery materials of its own destruction. These will produce an eruption and carry desolation in their way.” ― Fisher Ames
14. “Near a volcano, one still falls in love, one still gets jealous, one still wants a promotion, one still gossips.” ― Amos Oz
15. “Though I am a shy person at heart, I explode as a volcano once I open up with people around me, and then I am all fun.” ― Pulkit Samrat
16. “Obviously people want social calm, but if you do not let clever and ingenious people participate, obviously there must be some dormant volcano that will erupt, sooner or later.” ― Lech Walesa
17. “Before I get too old and ill, I’ll go to South America and live among the Pemon people and meditate. When the time is right, they can throw my body into the volcano.” ― Brian Blessed
18. “First of all, there was a volcano of words, an eruption of words that Shakespeare had never used before that had never been used in the English language before.” ― Stephen Greenblatt
19. “So when I read this story, it unlocked a volcano of unanswered questions because the questions had never been asked. It was an opportunity to come to terms with the lot of repressed history – and history of repression.” ― Phillip Noyce
Volcano Quotes On Power, Creativity, and Nature
This collection of quotes explores the themes of power, creativity, and nature through the volcano metaphor.
20. “Zeal is a volcano, the peak of which the grass of indecisiveness does not grow.” ― Khalil Gibran
21. “One volcano puts out more toxic gases – one volcano – than man makes in a whole year.” ― John Raese
22. “’Pompeii’ will be PG-13. I think it has to have a level of violence and death in it because you’ve got a volcano exploding. But it will be another PG-13 movie.” ― Paul W. S. Anderson
23. “One of the most amazing locations I’ve ever been in the top of the volcano in Tanzania, Africa. It’s an actual volcano where you really have this lava every day.” ― Jan de Bont
24. “The first mission to Mars did not expect to find craters and river valleys, yet they did. The first mission to Jupiter didn’t expect to find ocean worlds and volcano worlds, but they did.” ― Alan Stern
25. “I still wanted to see it officially on the scoreboard but when it was announced ‘Denise Lewis is Olympic champion,’ it was just like a volcano of elation, relief, and satisfaction exploding through my system.” ― Denise Lewis
26. “I was kind of loud in my outbursts. I was like a silent volcano. When I did have something to share, it was very over-the-top. But I’ve learned to balance that.” ― Grace Potter
27. “I’ve sat looking down into a volcano that could blow at any moment; I’ve helped catch a shark and several rattlesnakes; I let a tarantula walk across my hand, and I ate rat soup.” ―Alan Alda
More Quotes Using the Power and Nature of a Volcano
Enjoy more of these volcano quotes.
28. “We danced on the lip of the volcano, so to speak. We were young, too. And New York was still a big, open city where anything could happen and anyone could be a star.” ― James St. James
29. “At the same time, there’s something magnificent about volcanoes; they created the atmosphere that we need for breathing.” — Werner Herzog
30. “In a world where poverty is a crime and where people are yearning for some crumbs of affection, they can only dance on the brim of the volcano and wait for an eruption of compassion.” ― Erik Pevernagie
31. “The family would be coming in from out of town, and it was such a thrill to be showing them this, you know, erupting new volcano or whatever it was.” ― Brandon Flowers
32. “Desire is a storm, greed is a whirlpool, pride is a precipice, attachment is an avalanche, ego is a volcano. Discard desire, and you are liberated.” — Sathya Sai Baba
33. “We are volcanoes. When we women offer our experience as our truth, as human truth, all the maps change. There are new mountains.” — Ursula K. LeGuin
34. “If there was a volcano under their feet, a Vesuvius that could erupt and bury this modern-day Pompeii at any moment, the best thing to do was dance on it.” — Deborah Davis
Volcano Quotes that are Deep
The following volcano quotes are deep and thoughtful.
35. “Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.” — William Cohen
36. “Inspiration from within is like a volcano: It changes the face of the world.” — Alan Bradley
37. “There’s a lot of things that are good in Scientology because I wouldn’t have been in it. And that’s the thing: a lot of people trivialize this thing, like, ‘Oh, it’s Xenu, and it’s a volcano, and it’s jumping on couches and acting crazy.’ These people are victims.” ― Leah Remini
38. “Off the Santorini cliff on a dark, starless night, I tossed a message in a bottle, and love found me washed up on the black lava sand of the Aegean shore. As with my previous loves, volcanic in nature.” ― Melody Lee
39. “Moscow, breathing fire like a human volcano with its smoldering lava of passion, ambition, and politics, its hurly-burly of meetings and entertainment, Moscow is less than twenty miles away.” — Svetlana Alliluyeva
40. “When I write “paradise” I mean not only apple trees and golden women but also scorpions and tarantulas and flies, rattlesnakes and Gila monsters, sandstorms, volcanoes and earthquakes, bacteria and bear, cactus, yucca, bladderweed, ocotillo and mesquite, flash floods and quicksand, and yes – disease and death and the rotting of flesh.” — Edward Abbey
Some More Volcano Quotes
These are some more volcano quotes with mixed vibes.
41. “Public life is constantly aware of the volcano.” — Werner Herzog
42. “Whenever I look at a mountain, I always expect it to turn into a volcano.” — Italo Svevo
43. “She touched my hand, what a chill I got; her lips are like a volcano that’s hot.” — Elvis Presley
44. “The summit of the Mauna Loa volcano silently erupted in the middle of the night in 2022.” ― Steven Magee
45. “You behold a range of exhausted volcanoes. Not a flame flickers on a single pallid crest.” — Benjamin Disraeli
46. “There are more active volcanoes beneath the sea than on land by two orders of magnitude.” — Robert Ballard
47. “I see the mind of the five-year-old as a volcano with two vents: destructiveness and creativeness.” — Sylvia Ashton-Warner
48. “The reticent volcano keeps His never slumbering plan – Confided are his projects pink To no precarious man.” — Emily Dickinson
49. “It is the burning lava of the soul that has a furnace within–a very volcano of grief and sorrow-it is that burning lava of prayer that finds its way to God. No prayer ever reaches God’s heart which does not come from our hearts.” — Charles Spurgeon
50. “There will be upheavals in the Arctic and the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanoes in the Torrid areas… The upper portion of Europe will be changed in the blink of an eye. The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea.” — Edgar Cayce
Which One of these Volcano Quotes is your Favorite?
Although powerful and destructive, volcanoes are fascinating natural phenomena.
Volcanoes are responsible for shaping Earth’s landscape.
This is why volcano quotes are so popular.
The quotes compiled above are highly impressive and authentic too.
Therefore, these quotes turn out to be worthy of sharing via any social media platform.
If you have found a volcano quote that inspires you the most, don’t hesitate to share it with us.
You can do this by commenting in the section below.