Our latest collection of effort quotes to encourage and inspire success and growth in your life. Get fired-up for more success!
We all have the desire for a prosperous and worthwhile future. But, we quickly, recognize that while the realization of our own dreams requires that we put forth great effort. That effort must be more than simply investing in in ourselves – our talents and abilities.
To make a worthwhile contribution, we must also sow into the lives of others as well as the environment and the society in which we live. Just as how we sow into someone else’s life, when they reciprocate and sow into ours they are investing in us. As we invest in each other, our stocks have a much greater chance to grow, mature and reach full potential.
Then, we can all reap the benefits; acquiring the prosperity and realizing the expectations we yearn. These words of wisdom from some who have experienced great success remind us that the best life comes from giving.
You might also like these hustle quotes to motivate and inspire you.
Inspirational effort quotes to encourage and inspire you
1. “Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.” – Jim Rohn
2. “Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give you get. What you see in others exists in you”. – Zig Ziglar
3. “I am a big believer that eventually everything comes back to you. You get back what you give out.” – Nancy Reagan
4. “What you get from life will be direct proportion to what you give to life.”
– Gail Lynne Goodwin
5. “You get the best out of others when you give the best of yourself”
– Harvey S. Firestone
6. “You get what you give. Next time you want something, give it all you got never forget.” – Rachana Rachel Carter
7. “You get out what you put in. If you want more, give more.”
– Jeanette Jenkins
8. “The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving” – Albert Einstein
9. “Give cheerfully and freely. It is the energy behind the giving that matters so do not give grudgingly. The law of cause and effect guarantees that you shall receive plenty for what you give.” – David Cameron Gikandi
10. “You give to yourself by giving of yourself”- Matt Kahn
11. “You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give.”
– Winston Churchill
12. “You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving – and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it – and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in
return.” – Robert Collier
13. “Growing up is when you understand you get what you give, not what you’re given.” – Guy Browning
14. “Perhaps the world isn’t giving you what you want because based on all your distractions and lack of discipline it’s simply unclear what you are asking for.” – Brendon Burchard
15. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou
Inspirational effort quotes to remind you of the power and influence of giving
Giving conveys power and influence; overcomes evil with good!
Whether we like it or not, we don’t each live in a bubble where our actions and words are only self-impacting. We live in a world where the energy we put forth has the power to influence behaviors, sway opinions, foster cooperation, or stir hostility.
Every word we speak and every deed we undertake has the capacity to either:
a.) bring agreement across a diverse cross-section of the world’s culture to generate harmony, or
b.) spawn hate, discord, and separation amongst those of varying races, cultures, nations, gender, and spiritual beliefs.
And, whichever you choose to do, just know that you set yourself on the path to having the same returned to you. If you live your life dishing out hope, love, and support, you are far more likely to maintain a positive perspective which will be reflective in the choices you make.
In addition, you will more often than not have the same poured out on you. In the same way, if you live a life steeped in hate, cynicism, and despair, these same negative traits will permeate your being and dominate your life leading to ongoing contention and constant conflicts that become the focus of your life.
As you go from day to day meditate on these quotes to remind yourself of the power and influence you can convey through giving:
16. “Scientists have discovered that the small, brave act of cooperating with another person, of choosing trust over cynicism, generosity over selfishness, makes the brain light up with quiet joy.”- Natalie Anger
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these empowering collaboration quotes on teamwork & success.
17. “When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.”
– Mary Anne Radmacher
19. “Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” – Brian Tracy
20. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
21. “Live today the way you want to be remembered tomorrow.”
– Dillon Burroughs
22. “When you start giving, instead of getting you make a difference. You can always give a warm smile, a sincere hello, a positive vibe…your attention, your time, your love, and kindness to those around you.” – Roy T. Bennett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of giving quotes about the power of generosity.
23. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”- Charles Dickens
Effort quotes to inspire and motivate you
24. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose in life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
25. “There is a wonderful mythical law of nature that the three things we crave most in life – happiness, freedom, and peace of mind – are always attained by giving them to someone else.” – Peyton Conway March
You might also like these disappointment quotes to inspire you to bounce back.
26. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”- Muhammad Ali
27. “Be a reflection of what you’d like to see in others! If you want love, give love, if you want honesty, give honesty, if you want respect, give respect. You get in return, what you give!” – Unknown
28. “The most important thing in a relationship is not what you get but what you give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
29. “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” – Minor Myers, Jr.
More effort quotes and sayings
31. “There is often a much simpler way of doing things – if you make the effort to look for it.” – Edward de Bono
32. “Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes on living a great life.
33. “Mental toughness with extreme effort is the formula for success.” – Mark Wiggins
34. “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer
35. “When you first begin a project, you may only have enough time to do a little. Over time, however, what may first appear to be small efforts will multiply and end up being significant!” – Catherine Pulsifer
36. “No one succeeds without effort… Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.” – Ramana Maharshi
37. “Never did I imagine luck as something I could create with my own effort. But it made sense.” – Anthony Frasier
38. “Putting forth the effort to succeed is tantamount to your success.” – Jon Jones
39. “Effort is important, but knowing where to make an effort in your life and in relationship with others makes all the difference.” – Marilyn Atkinson
40. “Life can be boring unless you put some effort into it.” – John C. Maxwell
Effort quotes to inspire you to always do your best
41. “All the effort in the world won’t matter if you’re not inspired.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
42. “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
43. “Who you are tomorrow begins with what you do today.” ― Tim Fargo
44. “If you’re not gonna go all the way, why go at all?” ― Joe Namath
45. “Do the best you can in every task, no matter how unimportant it may seem at the time. No one learns more about a problem than the person at the bottom.” ― Sandra Day O’Connor
46. “Trying and getting hurt can’t possibly be worse for you than being… stuck.” ― Eliezer Yudkowsky
47. “Constant effort and frequent mistakes are the stepping stones to genius.” ― Elbert Hubbard
48. “People pretend not to like grapes when the vines are too high for them to reach.” ― Marguerite de Navarre
49. “I carve things of wood because things made by effort are more real than things made by wishing.” ― Katherine Arden
50. “There is never a traffic jam created from people going the extra mile.” ― Jeff Dixon
Were you inspired by these effort quotes?
Hopefully, these effort quotes have reminded you of the power and influence you can convey through giving.
But remember, it still takes a serious commitment and honest effort for your goals and dreams to become reality.
Did you enjoy these quotes? What other inspirational effort quotes and sayings would you like to share with us? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
April 15, 2022 5:00 AM EST