It’s hard to always keep our heads held high, but these feeling lost quotes will inspire you to look inward at how amazing you are underneath the surface.
With all the ups and downs of life, it’s easy to find yourself feeling like your life is empty, like you’re without hope, or like you are heading towards nothing in life.
There are many reasons why sometime we feel empty and lost inside. Maybe you’re experiencing a life-changing moment that you were not ready to face. Maybe you’ve lost yourself in your job, relationship, or your role as a parent. Whatever the case, you should not allow yourself to get stuck in this lost state.
We’re all human at the end of the day, and these feeling lost quotes are for anyone who needs a little reminder of how awesome they really are. They will help you understand yourself better so you can create the life you love.
If you’re feeling lost, you need to realize that you are not alone. You need to know and understand that the hard times you’re going through right now will not last forever. Try to give yourself enough self-care and self-love. Take your time, and don’t forget to enjoy your life.
To help you understand yourself better, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and honest feeling lost quotes, feeling lost sayings, and feeling lost proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a collection of quotes about being confused to inspire to find direction. Be sure to read them as well.
Feeling lost quotes that will remind you of your highest self
1. “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” ― Vivian Greene
2. “Just keep going like crazy and look back when it’s over. Otherwise, you just get confused.” – Cliff Burton
3. “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” ― Charles Xavier
4. “To be lost is as legitimate a part of your process as being found.” – Alex Ebert
5. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
6. “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” ―Henry Rollins
7. “The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything but they make the most of everything.” – Sam Cawthorn
8. “Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “Right is right, and wrong is wrong, and when people start getting it confused, that means they need to sit down with some real people.” – Chuck D
10. “The fears we don’t face become our limits.” – Amy Elizabeth
Feeling lost quotes that will help you understand yourself better
11. “There are so many things that life is, and no matter how many breakthroughs, trials will exist and we’re going to get through it. Just be strong.” – Mary J. Blige
12. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
13. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
14. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Robert
15. “We generate fears when we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
16. “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” — Louisa May Alcott
17. “You have to be strong and calm to overcome difficult moments.” – Dani Alves
18. “You have power over your mind―not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” ― Marcus Aurelius
19. “Whenever I’m confused about something, I ask God to reveal the answers to my questions, and he does.” – Beyonce Knowles
20. “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” — Vincent Van Gogh
Feeling lost quotes that will help you find yourself
21. “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in tough times.” – Tilman J. Fertitta
22. “Dream, struggle, create, prevail. Be daring. Be brave. Be loving. Be compassionate. Be strong. Be brilliant. Be beautiful.” – Caterina Fake
23. “The risk of a wrong decision is preferable to the terror of indecision.” – Maimonides
24. “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am.’ “ ― Mariah Carey
25. “Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.” – John Gay
26. “The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.” ― Roy T. Bennett
27. “The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere.” – Michel de Montaigne
28. “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” ― Dalai Lama
29. “Feeling lost? Good! Now you get to walk new paths that lead to much better places.” — Robin S. Sharma
30. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.” – Dale Carnegie
Feeling lost quotes to remind you that you’re not alone
31. “You got to go down a lot of wrong roads to find the right one.” – Bob Parsons
32. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” ― Katherine Dunham
33. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” — Ernest Hemingway
34. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
35. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” — Napoleon Hill
36. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
37. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” — Plato
38. “Be patient with all that is unresolved within your heart, and try to love the questions.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
39. “When you’re feeling lost, take heart. It’s just your brain gathering the information it needs to make good decisions.” – Josh Kaufman
40. “I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone…” ― Charlotte Eriksson
Feeling lost quotes to help you cultivate and take care of yourself
41. “Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.” – Basil Rathbone
42. “Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.” – Japanese Proverb
43. “However confused the scene of our life appears, however, torn we may be who now do face that scene, it can be faced, and we can go on to be whole.” – Muriel Rukeyser
44. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” — Robert H. Schuller
45. “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” – Alan Alda
46. “Just remember – when you think all is lost, the future remains.” – Robert H. Goddard
47. “When you finally accept that it’s OK not to have answers and it’s OK not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being.” – Winona Ryder
48. “To cut off the confusion and accept an answer just because it’s too scary not to have an answer is a good way to get the wrong answer.” – Janet Jackson
49. “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” — Demi Lovato
50. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Which of these feeling lost quotes was your favorite?
Everyone feels lost at some point of their life. But no matter how empty and hopeless you might be feeling, it doesn’t mean that you will never find yourself again.
Remember that life is not a competition but rather a journey. So choose to experience everything and enjoy every bit of it. We hope these quotes have reminded you of the power you have to create a life you love.
Which of these feeling lost quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Share in the comments below, we’d love to hear your input.
May 5, 2019 7:00 AM EST