It’s hard to always keep our heads held high, but these feeling lost quotes will inspire you to look inward at how amazing you are underneath the surface.
With all the ups and downs of life, it’s easy to find yourself feeling like your life is empty, like you’re without hope, or like you are heading towards nothing in life.
You may also enjoy our article on:
There are many reasons why sometime we feel empty and lost inside.
Maybe you’re experiencing a life-changing moment that you were not ready to face.
Maybe you’ve lost yourself in your job, relationship, or your role as a parent.
Whatever the case, you should not allow yourself to get stuck in this lost state.
We’re all human at the end of the day, and these feeling lost quotes are for anyone who needs a little reminder of how awesome they really are.
They will help you understand yourself better so you can create the life you love.
If you’re feeling lost, you need to realize that you are not alone.
You need to know and understand that the hard times you’re going through right now will not last forever.
Try to give yourself enough self-care and self-love.
Take your time, and don’t forget to enjoy your life.
To help you understand yourself better, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and honest feeling lost quotes, feeling lost sayings, and feeling lost proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
We also have a collection of quotes about being confused to inspire to find direction.
Be sure to read them as well.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Feeling lost quotes that will remind you of your highest self
1. “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” ― Vivian Greene
You will also enjoy our article on skincare quotes.
2. “Just keep going like crazy and look back when it’s over. Otherwise, you just get confused.” – Cliff Burton
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
3. “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” ― Charles Xavier
You will also enjoy our article on missing someone quotes.
4. “To be lost is as legitimate a part of your process as being found.” – Alex Ebert
You will also enjoy our article on grief quotes.
5. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar
You will also enjoy our article on I miss you quotes.
6. “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” ―Henry Rollins
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
7. “The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything but they make the most of everything.” – Sam Cawthorn
You will also enjoy our article on pain quotes.
8. “Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on rejection quotes.
9. “Right is right, and wrong is wrong, and when people start getting it confused, that means they need to sit down with some real people.” – Chuck D
You will also enjoy our article on sad love quotes.
10. “The fears we don’t face become our limits.” – Amy Elizabeth
Feeling lost quotes that will help you understand yourself better
11. “There are so many things that life is, and no matter how many breakthroughs, trials will exist and we’re going to get through it. Just be strong.” – Mary J. Blige
12. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” — Henry Ford
13. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on getting over someone quotes.
14. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
15. “We generate fears when we sit. We overcome them by action.” – Dr. Henry Link
You will also enjoy our article on feelings quotes.
16. “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” — Louisa May Alcott
You will also enjoy our article on confused quotes.
17. “You have to be strong and calm to overcome difficult moments.” – Dani Alves
18. “You have power over your mind―not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” ― Marcus Aurelius
19. “Whenever I’m confused about something, I ask God to reveal the answers to my questions, and he does.” – Beyonce Knowles
20. “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” — Vincent Van Gogh
You might also like these disappointment quotes to inspire you to bounce back.
Feeling lost quotes that will help you find yourself
21. “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in tough times.” – Tilman J. Fertitta
22. “Dream, struggle, create, prevail. Be daring. Be brave. Be loving. Be compassionate. Be strong. Be brilliant. Be beautiful.” – Caterina Fake
23. “The risk of a wrong decision is preferable to the terror of indecision.” – Maimonides
24. “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am.’ “ ― Mariah Carey
25. “Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you.” – John Gay
26. “The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.” ― Roy T. Bennett
27. “The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere.” – Michel de Montaigne
28. “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” ― Dalai Lama
29. “Feeling lost? Good! Now you get to walk new paths that lead to much better places.” — Robin S. Sharma
30. “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.” – Dale Carnegie
Feeling lost quotes to remind you that you’re not alone
31. “You got to go down a lot of wrong roads to find the right one.” – Bob Parsons
32. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” ― Katherine Dunham
33. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” — Ernest Hemingway
34. “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
35. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” — Napoleon Hill
36. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
37. “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” — Plato
38. “Be patient with all that is unresolved within your heart, and try to love the questions.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
39. “When you’re feeling lost, take heart. It’s just your brain gathering the information it needs to make good decisions.” – Josh Kaufman
40. “I just want to be someone, to mean something to anyone…” ― Charlotte Eriksson
Feeling lost quotes to help you cultivate and take care of yourself
41. “Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.” – Basil Rathbone
42. “Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.” – Japanese Proverb
43. “However confused the scene of our life appears, however, torn we may be who now do face that scene, it can be faced, and we can go on to be whole.” – Muriel Rukeyser
44. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” — Robert H. Schuller
45. “You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” – Alan Alda
46. “Just remember – when you think all is lost, the future remains.” – Robert H. Goddard
47. “When you finally accept that it’s OK not to have answers and it’s OK not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being.” – Winona Ryder
48. “To cut off the confusion and accept an answer just because it’s too scary not to have an answer is a good way to get the wrong answer.” – Janet Jackson
49. “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” — Demi Lovato
50. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Feeling lost quotes to encourage you
51. “He who does not really feel himself lost, is lost without remission; that is to say, he never finds himself, never comes up against his own reality.” ― José Ortega y Gasset
52. “You think you’re lost. You think you’re headed for disaster. But this isn’t true. Quiet your mind. Be patient. Let go.” ― Brittany Burgunder
53. “You feel the worst kind of lost when someone is looking for something in you.” ― Sima B. Moussavian
54. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
55. “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin
56. “When all else is lost, the future still remains.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
57. “Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
58. “I’m not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I’m not sure that I want to wake up.” ― Gayle Forman
59. “In this world, it is too common for people to search for someone to lose themselves in. But I am already lost. I will look for someone to find myself in.” ― C. JoyBell C
60. “If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” ― Masaru Emoto
Feeling lost quotes to help you find your path
61. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, pave another one.” ― Dolly Parton
62. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ― George Bernard Shaw
63. “Life is 10% what you experience and 90% how you respond to it.” ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
64. “If you are working on something you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” ― Steve Jobs
In the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost.” ― Dante Alighieri
No matter how much light I carry within me, there will always be times of feeling lost, being confused, seeking direction. It is the way of the human heart.” ― Joyce Rupp
Every one goes astray, but the least imprudent are they who repent the soonest.” ― Voltaire
Man’s true nature being lost, everything becomes his nature; as, his true good being lost, everything becomes his good.” ― Blaise Pascal
“It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.” ― Dr. Rollo May
Feeling Lost Quotes To Help You Find A Way Back
71. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” — Anthony Robbins
72. “Get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.” — Genevieve Rhode
73. “It’s easier to get over a lost body than a lost soul.” — Joshua Prager
74. “I believe each of us is a pilgrim in our own way; we are all lost souls, trying to find our way home.” — Seth Adam Smith
75. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” — Daphne Rose Kingma
76. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
77. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” — Patti Roberts
78. “Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.” — John Wooden
79. “If you’ve fallen down, today is the day you can get back up and try again.” — Amelie Chance
80. “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” — Alex Elle
Feeling Lost Quotes To Light Up The Path Forward
81. “That little zing of fear, of suddenly feeling lost is actually a moment of awareness.” — Marilyn Bhadrena Restione
82. “Feeling lost? Take a dream and convert it into small goals, then start taking the steps to hit those goals.” — Dave Ramsey
83. “If you’re feeling lost in life, turn to the one who knows you, loves you, and will find you wherever you are.” — Peter B. Panagore
84. “Feeling lost, crazy and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty and reason.” — Alain de Botton
85. “Feeling lost is the necessary first step to finding yourself. If you’re lost, at least you’re on your way—even if it doesn’t really feel like it.” — Richard J. Leider
86. “I think there is something very consoling in feeling lost in space but also feeling grounded, and seeing that all of this is part of a bigger clockwork.” — Wolfgang Tillmans
87. “Tired of feeling lost, tired of letting go Tear the whole world down, tear the whole world down Failure.” — Breaking Benjamin
88. “For anyone who has ever lost themselves, or is currently feeling lost… you can never truly find yourself unless you have lost yourself first.” — Teal Swan
89. “The reality is that people reach for a Bible when they’re feeling lost. But if they hadn’t shelved it, maybe they wouldn’t have gotten lost.” — Crystal Woods
90. “In every song I write, whether it’s a love song or a political song or a song about family, the one thing that I find is feeling lost and trying to find your way” — Billie Joe Armstrong
Feeling Lost Quotes To Help You Not Get Confused
91. “You don’t lose if you get knocked down; you lose if you stay down.” — Muhammad Ali
92. “He was feeling totally lost, leaving his family and country for a place where he knew nobody and didn’t even speak the language.” — Patrick Mouratoglou
93. “Feeling lost and alone inside I faked a sweet smile… Being fun object for people I cried silently for a while… being misunderstood always I tried to give up on life…” — Sayali Shinde
94. “The journey has been a parody of my life recently: rushing, waiting, wandering, feeling lost and losing sleep, wondering if I’m getting anywhere.” — Lynn Austin
95. “When I feel confused or depressed, I remember back to junior high and I silently repeat, ‘This, too, shall pass.’” — Josh Groban
96. “To have in general but little feeling, seems to be the only security against feeling too much on any particular occasion.” — George Eliot
97. “It is those who get lost, who find the new ways.” — Nils Kjaer
98. “Feeling unsure and lost is part of your path. Don’t avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use it.” — Louis C. K.
99. “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” — Paulo Coelho
100. “You are never too lost that God cannot reach you.” — Annie Lobert
Feeling Lost Quotes That Will Help You Choose The Right Route
101. “Those of you that are lost, come to me. Let me come to you and love you. Let me touch your heart with pure love. Let me find you and show you the light.” ― Debasish Mridha
102. “Those who fear being lost, never find themselves.” ― Abhijit Naskar
103. “When that day comes, I want to remember that the questions, frustrations, and believe that I am lost are all signs that I chose an authentic path, not a stagnant finish line.” ― Jackie Viramontez
104. “Stand still. The trees ahead and bush beside you are not lost.” ― Albert Einstein
105. “When I feel lost and can’t make a decision, I just stop and get quiet. I take a time-out.” ― Kim Cattrall
106. “Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.” ― Edward H. Harriman
107. “I am no longer afraid of becoming lost, because the journey back always reveals something new, and that is ultimately good for the artist.” ― Billy Joe
108. “The game is not lost – or won – until the last bell goes.” ― John Curtin
109. “Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine!” ― Jennie Finch
110. “Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.” ― Robert H. Schuller
Feeling Lost Quotes When You Feel Confused
111. “She was trying to walk away and hold on at the same time. That’s the mind at war with the heart.” ― R.H. Sin
112. “Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about it.” ― Winston Churchill
113. “There are two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein
114. “One swallow does not make a summer, neither does one fine day. Similarly, one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy.” ― Aristotle
115. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted.” — Christine Caine
116. “If flowers can teach themselves how to bloom after winter passes, so can you.” ― Noot Shirazie
117. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.” ― Elbert Hubbard
118. “Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.” ― Douglas Coupland
119. “Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret, and depression. Do not repeat them in the future.” ― Swami Sivananda
120. “Life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes. It’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess up.” ― Marilyn Monroe
Which of these feeling lost quotes was your favorite?
Everyone feels lost at some point of their life.
But no matter how empty and hopeless you might be feeling, it doesn’t mean that you will never find yourself again.
Remember that life is not a competition but rather a journey.
So choose to experience everything and enjoy every bit of it.
We hope these quotes have reminded you of the power you have to create a life you love.
Which of these feeling lost quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Share in the comments below, we’d love to hear your input.
February 1, 2023 5:00 AM EST