Much-Needed Spring Break Quotes
February 24, 2023 8:59 AM EST
Pack your bags and get into vacation mode with our fun spring break quotes.
Spring break is a time of year when everyone working hard gets to recharge, revive and have some fun.
Why is spring break such a big deal?
Spring break is scheduled around the middle of March so students and educators can get a small break before final exams and end-of-the-year promotions.
The school year is long, and both students and the adults in their lives require breaks to reset.
Many people idealize spring break as a week of nonstop travel and fun, but that is far from the truth for most people.
Spring break has many mental and health benefits.
Here are some benefits spring break poses to students, teachers, and families:
- Traveling is good for the mind, body, and soul.
- Spring break is good for mental decompression.
- Spring break is an excellent time for families to catch up with one another.
For some working families, spring break can be a challenge.
It is excellent that teachers and students are off from school.
However, the rest of the world continues to go about their lives with businesses remaining open, and many parents have to go to work.
Finding childcare or supervision for children can be arduous for some parents.
The other side of spring break
Many students enjoy coming to school to socialize with their friends.
Some students miss school during spring break because they do not get to see their friends for a week.
Spring break is a great time to decompress, but it can be stressful for some students and families.
For more fantastic content, check out our spring break quotes below.
Check out our collection of spring quotes if you enjoy this article.
Short spring break quotes
These quotes only need a few words to capture the beauty of spring break.
1. “Spring is the mischief in me.” ― Robert Frost
2. “Crimes spring from fixed ideas.” — Max Stirner
6. “Spring Training is a fun time for me.” — Joe Torre
4. “Spring is very energizing to me.” — David Hockney
5. “Spring is a true reconstructionist.” — Henry Timrod
3. “A kind word is like a spring day.” — Russian Proverb
7. “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” — Leo Tolstoy
8. “Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.” — Lilly Pulitzer
10. “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” — Robin Williams
10. “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
Spring break quotes that will make you smile
Spring is a time of the revival of all things fun.
11. “The deep roots never doubt spring will come.” — Marty Rubin
12. “The first blooms of spring always make my heart sing.” — S. Brown
13. “The spring of love becomes hidden and soon filled up.” — Max Muller
14. “Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.” — Jessica Harrelson
15. “Blossom by blossom, the spring begins.” — Algernon Charles Swinburne
16. “From heavenly thoughts, all true delight doth spring.” — Thomas Campion
17. “We will keep on planting flowers until spring is ours.” ― Bhuwan Thapaliya
18. “Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.” — Virgil A. Kraft
19. “Art doesn’t spring from the muses alone, but from hard work.” — Tom Rachman
20. “Spring unlocks the flowers to paint the laughing soil.” — Bishop Reginald Heber
Spring break quotes for teachers
Teachers put in the work day in and day out. They deserve spring break.
21. “Spring work is going on with joyful enthusiasm.” — John Muir
22. “My favorite role ever was Alien in ‘Spring Breakers.’” — James Franco
23. “Spring is magic, sweet to the sense & easy to celebrate.” ― Susan Branch
24. “Spring and fall, those are very inspiring times of the year for me.” — Henry Rollins
25. “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” — Margaret Atwood
26. “Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring?” — Neltje Blanchan
27. “Spring is when you feel like whistling, even with a shoe full of slush.” — Doug Larson
28. “You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” — Pablo Neruda
29. “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
30. “The promise of spring’s arrival is enough to get anyone through the bitter winter!” — Jen Selinsky
Spring break quotes for students
These quotes are all for the students patiently waiting for the first day of spring break.
31. “Winter lingered so long in the lap of Spring that it occasioned a great deal of talk.” — Bill Nye
32. “In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.” — Mark Twain
33. “You have to be like a clock spring, wound but not loose at the same time.” — Dave Winfield
34. “My rights all spring front an infinitely nobler source – from favor and grace of God.” — Gerrit Smith
35. “The essence of a thoughtful spring menu is bringing the table to life with flavorful color!” — Sherry Yard
36. “That is one good thing about this world…there are always sure to be more springs.” ― L.M. Montgomery
37. “Spring comes when the flowers bloom; your love cannot be understood, but you came alone.” ― Meng Hui
38. “In spring they lie flat at the first warmth, they ruin my summer, and in autumn they smell of women.” — Hugo Claus
39. “Early spring is the time for vigorous change, a preparation for the heat-driven oppression that is to come.” — Henry Rollins
40. “Oh, Spring! I want to go out and feel you and get inspiration. My old things seem dead. I want fresh contacts, more vital searching.” — Emily Carr
Happy spring break quotes
Spring is a time for cheer, happiness, and rebirth.
41. “Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.” — Lewis Grizzard
42. “Always it’s spring and everyone’s in love and flowers pick themselves.” — E. E. Cummings
43. “I enjoy the spring more than the autumn now. One does, I think, as one gets older.” — Virginia Woolf
44. “I love those tiny little onions in the spring that are so small they’re almost like a little chive.” — Alice Waters
45. “My heart is in a world of water and crystal. My clothes are damp in this time of spring rains.” — Du Fu
46. “If people did not love one another, I really don’t see what use there would be in having any spring.” — Victor Hugo
47. “Nostalgia in reverse, the longing for yet another strange land, grew especially strong in spring.” — Vladimir Nabokov
48. “I love spring flowers: daffodils and hyacinths are the ultimate flower for me. They are the essence of spring.” — Kirsty Gallacher
49. “August brings into sharp focus and a furious boil everything I’ve been listening to in the late spring and summer.” — Henry Rollins
50. “If you wanna learn about change management, go meditate in a forest at the beginning of spring and then again in autumn.” ― Hendrith Vanlon Smith Jr.
Spring break history
Western historians will trace the origin of spring break back to Greece and Rome, where spring festivals and celebrations celebrated fertility and new beginnings.
Greek gods such as Dionysus were honored, and festivals were held to celebrate new creations.
Modern spring break emerged as a pop culture phenomenon in the 1930s.
Many attribute this tradition to the swim team of Colgate University.
It is said that they went to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, for training during the spring, and swimmers from across the country began traveling there to compete, starting the first waves of college spring breaks.
The first MTV spring break appeared in 1986.
Shortly after, the American Medical Association began issuing warnings of the dangers of overindulgence and partying on spring break.
Today people from all over the world look forward to having fun on spring break.
What are your favorite places to travel for spring break?
Do you have any other inspirational spring break quotes and sayings to add?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comments below.