Stair quotes are usually inspiring, which is why these quotes are so popular.
If you are also looking for stair quotes, we have something to share with you.
This article has created a list of the best stair quotes.
These quotes are not only motivational but are interesting too.
Apart from our quotes section, we have also discussed the term stair and its importance.
So, if interested, please continue reading!
You may also enjoy these related articles:
A Brief Introduction to the Term Stair
Stairs are critical for any kind of architectural structure.
They offer access between different parts or levels of a building.
Stairs have been a part of buildings for thousands of years.
However, with time, stairs’ construction methods and designs have changed a lot.
What are the Benefits of Stairs?
Listed below are the key advantages of stairs:
Offering access to different levels of a building is one of the primary benefits of the stairs.
People can move between different floors through stairs.
In addition, stairs also prove to be effective when evacuating a building during an emergency.
People can move safely and freely through properly constructed stairs throughout a building.
Hence, stairs prove to be a critical element in almost any building design.
Stairs also serve as an essential design element of a building.
Builders can design stairs to enhance the overall aesthetics of the room or building.
This means stairs can help create a powerful impact on the overall appearance of a building.
Stairs could be simple, functional, and decorative, all at the same time.
Apart from the functionality, stairs can also enhance the efficiency of a building.
This is so, as well-designed stairs could allow people to move through the building in a hassle-free way.
As a result, there won’t be an issue of congestion even when a large number of people are entering or leaving the building.
The overall design of the stairs could make buildings more energy efficient.
This is so, as people can use stairs for commuting between two floors.
As a result, the use of an electric lift could be minimized, which in turn lowers the overall electricity consumption of the building.
Top 10 Stair Quotes
Here are the top stair quotes you will love reading and sharing with your loved ones.
1. “Life for me ain’t been no crystal stair.” — Langston Hughes
2. “All rising to great places is by a winding stair.” — Gautama Buddha
3. “Never look backwards, or you’ll fall down the stairs.” — Rudyard Kipling
4. “Every right quote is a golden stair to enlightenment!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
5. “Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience.” — Mitch Hedberg
6. “I love my body. And if I didn’t, I’d get on the Stair Master.” — Jaime Pressly
7. “I trip walking down the stairs, but I can skate them probably.” — Shaun White
8. “When I’m at home alone, I run up the stairs naked. It’s quite funny.” — Louis Tomlinson
9. “In the haunted house of life, art is the only stair that doesn’t creak.” — Tom Robbins
10. “I summon to the winding ancient stair; Set all your mind upon the steep ascent.” — William Butler Yeats
Stair Quotes for Taking a Step
Taking the step is difficult for everyone. These stair quotes will guide and help you in taking your step.
11. “There is no elevator to success; you have to take the stairs.” — Zig Ziglar
12. “It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs.” — Vaclav Havel
13. “A habit cannot be tossed out the window; it must be coaxed down the stairs a step at a time.” — Mark Twain
14. “Start climbing the stairs without thinking how steep the stairs are or how many stairs there are!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
15. “You know how it is when you’re walking up the stairs, and you get to the top, and you think there’s one more step? I’m like that all the time.” — Steven Wright
16. “Fading, fading: strength beyond hope and despair climbing the third stair. Lord, I am not worthy Lord, I am not worthy but speak the word only.” — T. S. Eliot
17. “We all had to come to work on the balls of our feet and go up the stairs two at a time.” — Yvon Chouinard
18. “’Bacon,’”’ Bitterblue muttered. ‘Bacon!’ she repeated, then carefully made her way up the spiral stairs.” — Kristin Cashore
19. “But it was astonishing how slow old people were. Some of them could not run up a hill and called it trying to climb stairs.” — Georg Brandes
20. “What I did was bring that kid in at 5:00 in the morning, and he would run the stairs from the bottom to the top until I told him to quit.” — Bobby Knight
Stair Quotes Full of Humor
Following is a great collection of stair quotes that will make you laugh and brighten up your day! These humorous quotes will surely uplift your spirits.
21. “The world is made of stairs, and there are those who go up and those who go down.” — Ed McBain
22. “I’m neurotic about children. I see dangers everywhere – sharp corners, stairs.” — Tamsin Egerton
23. “To ask me is in vain; For who goes up your winding stair. Can ne’er come down again.” — Mary Howitt
24. “If you fall down those stairs and break both of your legs, don’t come running to me!” — Louise Rennison
25. “When you walk up five flights of stairs at four in the morning, there’s definitely a hooker involved.” — Rodney Dangerfield
26. “Stand on the highest pavement of the stair- Lean on a garden urn- Weave, weave the sunlight in your hair.” — T. S. Eliot
27. “I collect fantasy swords, replicas from films, and have them displayed on the wall as you go up the stairs.” — Gary Numan
28. “One has not lived until one has carried a sixty-pound dog down a sweeping flight of stairs at half-past V in the morning.” — Connie Willis
29. “We were young. We were bored. And the old electroshock therapy machine was just under the stairs in a box next to the Hoover.” — Augusten Burroughs
30. “Playing on stereotypes was meant to be humorous. If it doesn’t tickle you in certain spots, it’s not going to be funny. Falling down the stairs is a seriously dangerous thing, but watching it is HILARIOUS!” — Manila Luzon
Stair Quotes About Journey of Life
Here you will find inspiring and thought-provoking quotes that use stairs as a metaphor for life’s ups and downs.
31. “Life in itself Is nothing, An empty cup, a flight of uncarpeted stairs.” — Edna St. Vincent Millay
32. “Life tells you to take the elevator, but love tells you to take the stairs.” — David Levithan
33. “Madam Life’s a piece in bloom Death goes dogging everywhere: she’s the tenant of the room, he’s the ruffian on the stair.” — William Ernest Henley
34. “Now is the dramatic moment of fate, Watson, when you hear a step upon the stair which is walking into your life, and you know not whether for good or ill.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
35. “The venture must follow the vision. It is not enough to stare up the steps — we must step up the stairs.” — Vance Havner
36. “Life for most of us is full of steep stairs to go up and later, shaky stairs to totter down; and very early in the history of stairs must have come to the invention of banisters.” — Louis Kronenberger
37. “Goodbye — if you hear of my being stood up against a stone wall and shot to rags, please know that I think that a pretty good way to depart this life. It beats old age, disease, or falling down the cellar stairs.” — Ambrose Bierce
38. “I live myself with my cat Pebbles. She isn’t enjoying the attention as much as me – she ran off up the stairs as soon as the film crew for the show came into the house.” — Susan Boyle
Stair Quotes to Lead you towards Success
Let’s see some more stair quotes that inspire and motivate you to climb towards success. These quotes highlight the importance of taking action, perseverance, and determination.
39. “Failures are the stairs we climb to reach success.” — Roy T. Bennett
40. “The elevator to success is broken; take the stairs.” — Jenifer Lewis
41. “The elevator to success is out of order, but the stairs are always open.” — Zig Ziglar
42. “Every lesson you take from your past immediately turns into a stair to the light!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
43. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” — Joe Girard
44. “Success is not an accident. It is sheer hard work. There are no shortcuts. You have to take the stairs, and you have to start from the bottom.” — Rita Zahara
More quotes about stairs and referencing stairs
Here are a few more quotes about stairs for you to learn from.
45. “As I was walking down the stairs, I kept thinking that the room felt like a movie theater with all your attention on this wall, so it seemed like a big challenge.” — Wade Guyton
46. “Of all tools, an observatory is the most sublime. . . . What is so good in a college as an observatory? The sublime attaches to the door and to the first stair you ascent, that this is the road to the stars.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “My landlord lives in the flat at the bottom of the stairs. I rent a studio flat from him and live at the top of the staircase. There are two more flights of stairs and four more flats, but it’s me he is obsessed with.” — Craig Stone
48. “I got my first job the old-fashioned way: I took an elevator to the top floor of many buildings and walked down floor by floor on the stairs going into every firm and asking the receptionist if she knew of any jobs available.” — Alan Patricof
49. “You can’t jump down the stairs in one leap, however much you might wish to, and you even more surely can’t jump up it, but one step and then the next and there you are, at the top or the bottom and not a bit out of breath or discomposed.” — Elizabeth Aston
50. “Life is a journey up a spiral staircase; as we grow older, we cover the ground covered we have covered before, only higher up; as we look down the winding stair below us, we measure our progress by the number of places where we were but no longer are.” — William Butler Yeats
Which One of these Stair Quotes is your Favorite?
Stairs are crucial for almost any building or architectural structure with multiple stories.
It is a powerful solution for offering access to different parts of a building.
In addition, stairs enhance the overall aesthetics of a building.
Stairs also improve the efficiency and functionality of a building.
If the stairs inspire you, possibilities are there that you would also love reading the stair quotes.
Besides, the stair quotes listed above are relevant and interesting.
So, you would love to share them with your friends and family.
If you have found a stair quote that inspires you the most, do share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.