Check out these Stewardship quotes about the role of taking care of something or someone.
According to Merriam-webster.com, stewardship means “the conducting, supervising, or managing of something.”
While the term “stewardship” is often used in religious settings as a reference to the responsibilities of church leaders to take care of the facilities and people that God has entrusted them with, stewardship can apply to many things:
- Caring for your kids
- Taking care of an elderly parent who can no longer care for themselves
- Practicing facility maintenance on the facility that your organization owns
- Taking care of the earth, including the oceans, so that future generations can enjoy our planet
- Practicing smart spending habits when working for your local government or other organizations
Take a look at these stewardship quotes to learn more about the role of a steward.
Best Stewardship Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes about stewardship.
1. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” — Anne Frank
2. “We must strive to become good ancestors.” — Ralph Nader
3. “Finance is not merely about making money.” — Robert J. Shiller
4. “Poverty is not God’s norm, but neither is lavishness.” — Larry Burkett
5. “The worst sin against stewardship is to waste your life.” — R.C. Sproul
6. “Be wise and attend to obeying. Let Christ manage the providing.” — Charles Spurgeon
7. “We are not cistern made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing.” — Billy Graham
8. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” — Billy Graham
9. “You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “The person who waits to do a great deal of good at once will never do anything.” — Samuel Johnson
Inspirational Stewardship Quotes
Let these stewardship quotes inspire you to give your time, love, and resources.
11. “He must show a genuine concern and love for those under his stewardship.” — James E. Faust
12. “Effective stewardship of the public finances has to be at the heart of everything we do.” — Liz Kendall
13. “The earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship” — Pope John Paul II
14. “Good stewardship of the environment and our natural resources is necessary.” — Cindy Hyde-Smith
15. “Stewardship isn’t a subcategory of the Christian life. Stewardship is the Christian life.” — Randy Alcorn
16. “I think it’s very important to have the stewardship of a company by a family member.” — Marie-Chantal Claire
17. “Stewardship of our air and water is a responsibility that should be free of the bias of politics.” — Luther Strange
18. “It really comes down to one question: do you trust God, or have you just been saying you trust God.” — Larry Burkett
19. “Pastors can lead the way in motivating the faithful to wise stewardship of their citizenship responsibilities.” — Edwin Meese
20. “Dearest Lord, teach me to be generous; teach me to serve you as you deserve; to give and not to count the cost.” — Ignatius of Loyola
Motivational Stewardship Quotes and Sayings
Check out these motivational quotes about stewardship.
21. “What is true environmentalism? I think it’s environmental stewardship – not prohibition.” — Scott Pruitt
22. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” — John Bunyan
23. “Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in businesses at all times.” — John Gerzema
24. “The only investment I ever made which has paid consistently increasing dividends is the money I have given to the Lord.” — J.L. Kraft
25. “I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare.” — C.S. Lewis
26. “Giving is more than a responsibility-it is a privilege; more than an act of obedience-it is evidence of our faith.” — William Arthur Ward
27. “What is stewardship except that God has entrusted to us life, time, talents, money, possessions, family, and his grace?” — Randy Alcorn
28. “The one principle that surrounds everything else is that of stewardship; that we are the managers of everything that God has given us.” — Larry Burkett
29. “In the New Testament, Jesus talks more about stewardship and finances and management of your life than anything else outside the love of God.” — Paula White
30. “The master of the garden is the one who waters it, trims the branches, plants the seeds, and pulls the weeds. If you merely stroll through the garden, you are but an acolyte.” — Vera Nazarian
Thought-Provoking Stewardship Quotes
As you read these stewardship-centered quotes, allow yourself to ponder on them.
31. “Generous people are rarely mentally ill.” — Carl Meninger
32. “Stewardship is not a once-a-year consideration.” — Randy Alcorn
33. “There can be no stewardship without stewards.” — John Jay Jackson Jr.
34. “What you do with your resources in this life is your autobiography.” — Randy Alcorn
35. “The greatest lesson you might ever learn in this life is this: It is not about you.” — Shannon L. Alder
36. “With Christ, it is not how much we give, but what we do not give that is the real test.” — Oswald Chambers
37. “Whoever is gripped by God’s spirit turns to his creation with all the interest that comes from God’s love.” — Eberhard Arnold
38. “If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.” — Billy Graham
39. “I never would have been able to tithe the first million dollars I ever made if I had not tithed my first salary, which was $1.50 per week.” — John D. Rockefeller
40. “All through Scripture, there is an intimate correlation between the development of a man’s character and how he handles his money.” — Richard Halverson
Encouraging Stewardship Quotes
Be encouraged to be a good steward of your resources by these quotes.
41. “You show me your checkbook, and I will show you where your heart is.” — Larry Burkett
42. “He has never failed in His promise, so I cannot fail in my service to Him.” — William Carey
43. “Stewardship is the act of organizing your life so that God can spend you.” — Lynn A. Miller
44. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
45. “Live like no one else so later you can live like no one else, and give like no one else.” — Dave Ramsey
46. “Light yourself on fire with passion, and people will come from miles to watch you burn.” — John Wesley
47. “Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
48. “In the time one is given, the steward must make the most of the talents one is given by the Lord.” — Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
49. “Money is not the only commodity that is fun to give. We can give time, we can give our expertise, we can give our love or simply give a smile.” — Steve Goodier
50. “All of us can learn good stewardship by enacting the following: Spend less than you earn, give generously, avoid debt, plan for financial margin, and set long-term goals.” — Ron Blue
How Can I Be a Good Steward?
Being a good steward can apply to many areas of your life, but here are some qualities that good stewards have:
- Cares for others
- Hard Working
- Faithful and Loyal
Please share these stewardship quotes with others by clicking the share button!