If you love art, you will enjoy these artsy quotes!
Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines ‘artsy’ as: “Characterized by or showing artistry or artistic talent.”
Art brings beauty and happiness to much of our lives by stimulating our visual, auditory, gustatory, olfactory, or tactile senses.
Individuals with artsy gifts can provide entertainment and beauty to many others, and sharing their gifts makes the world a better place.
Art can be found in any situation or venue as you simply seek to create something others can enjoy.
Take a few moments to enjoy these Artsy quotes, and you will begin seeing art all around you.
You will also enjoy our article on art quotes.
Best Artsy Quotes
Enjoy some of the best artsy quotes below.
1. “A line is a dot that went for a walk.” — Paul Klee
2. “An empty canvas is full.” — Robert Rauschenberg
3. “Great art picks up where nature ends.” — Marc Chagall
4. “Every good painter paints what he is.” — Jackson Pollock
5. “An artist is not paid for his labor but for his vision.” — James Whistler
6. “I never paint dreams or nightmares. I paint my own reality.” — Frida Kahlo
7. “There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” — Vincent Van Gogh
9. “An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose.” — Langston Hughes
10. “A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Artsy Quotes About Creativity
Creativity is part of being an artist, as evidenced by the following quotes.
11. “Creativity is just connecting things.” — Steve Jobs
12. “A creative life is an amplified life.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
13. “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” — Albert Einstein
14. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” — Sylvia Plath
15. “Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity.” — Ray Bradbury
16. “It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create.” — J. M. W. Turner
18. “Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.” — Edward de Bono
19. “Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” — Mary Lou Cook
20. “Creativity is a way of living life, no matter our vocation or how we earn our living. Creativity is not limited to the arts or having some kind of important career.” — Madeleine L’Engle
Artsy Quotes to Inspire You
These artsy quotes are sure to inspire you.
21. “Drawing is vision on paper.” — Andrew Loomis
22. “I will preach with my brush.” — Henry Ossawa Tanner
23. “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” — Ansel Adams
24. “In the mind of every artist, there is a masterpiece.” — Kai Greene
25. “A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.” — Michelangelo
26. “The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery.” — Francis Bacon
27. “The artist sees what others only catch a glimpse of.” — Leonardo da Vinci
28. “If a man devotes himself to art, much evil is avoided that happens otherwise if one is idle.” — Albrecht Dürer
29. “How you draw is a reflection of how you feel about the world. You’re not capturing it; you’re interpreting it.” — Juliette Aristides
30. “Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.” — C.S. Lewis
Take a moment and check out these Paper Quotes.
Artsy Quotes From Your Favorite Artists
Here are some quotes from your favorite artists!
31. “Creativity takes courage.” — Henri Matisse
32. “I paint flowers so they will not die.” — Frida Kahlo
33. “Music can change the world because it can change people.” — Bono
34. “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” — Pablo Picasso
35. “The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection.” — Michelangelo
36. “I want to grow as an artist, and I’m taking a step out. I want my music to mature.” — Justin Bieber
37. “To some extent, I happily don’t know what I’m doing. I feel that it’s an artist’s responsibility to trust that.” — David Byrne
38. “Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.” — Leonardo da Vinci
39. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” — Vincent Van Gogh
40. “Art and music shine a light of meaning on ordinary life, and through them, we are able to confront the things that trouble us and to find consolation and peace in their presence.” — Roger Scruton
Artsy Quotes About the Importance of Art
Art is an important part of life, as evidenced by the following quotes!
41. “Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.” — John W. Gardner
42. “Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.” — Twyla Tharp
43. “More important than a work of art itself is what it will sow.” — Joan Miro
44. “The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
45. “In a decaying society, art, if it is truthful, must also reflect decay.” — Ernst Fischer
46. “Art is like reading a good book; only you decide how it is going to end.” — J. Kleykamp
47. “Music is art, and art is important and rare. Important, rare things are valuable.” — Taylor Swift
48. “Art has the power to transform, to illuminate, to educate, inspire and motivate.” — Harvey Fierstein
49. “The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.” — Aristotle
50. “[Art] is a means of union among men, joining them together in the same feelings, and indispensable for the life and progress toward well-being of individuals and of humanity.” — Leo Tolstoy
What Careers Can Artists Have?
Artists are in almost every field and impact us daily.
Some of the best-known jobs for artists are musicians, painters, graphic designers, animators, chefs, actors, fashion designers, poets, and multimedia artists, just to name a few.
Artists have a wide range of income, depending on their specialty and their skill level, but most artists go into their careers because they are passionate about their art, not for income.
If you love quotes from great artists, check out these Jean-Michel Basquiat quotes!
Please share these artsy quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about artsy people in the comment section below.