Paris Quotes About The City of Light
December 7, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Looking for quotes about Paris?
Oui, oui, we have got you covered!
Paris is one of the most well-known and famous cities on planet earth.
It is much more than fresh baguettes, black beret hats, and mimes.
Tell us your favorite Paris quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Paris quotes?
The city of Paris has produced some of the world’s most successful artists, athletes, philosophers, and styles.
Paris is considered one of the most lovely and influential places to visit.
It is revered for its:
The Eiffel tower is even grander in person, and a visit to a world-class museum like the Louvre allows patrons to see art collections from all over the world.
Despite its history of revolution and political dissent, many consider Paris a romantic place where love naturally manifests.
The quotes below bring Paris to life and shine a light on the best and worst the city offers.
Paris City Of Love Quotes
1. “It’s true, you never forget your first love, and, for me, that will always be Paris.” — Caitriona Balfe
2. “Not many foreigners move to Paris for their dream job. Many do it on a romantic whim.” — Pamela Druckerman
3. “In Paris, everything’s for sale: wise virgins, foolish virgins, truth and lies, tears and smiles.” — Emile Zola
4. “Lunch kills half of Paris, supper the other half.” — Montesquieu
5. “Paris by night is a nightmare now. It is not a cliche anymore.” — Karl Lagerfeld
6. “Paris is wild; it’s decadent… it’s so many things.” — Brian Azzarello
7. “Paris is such a beautiful city.” — Jorja Smith
8. “I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles.” — Cole Porter
9. “Paris is the most beautiful city in the world. It brings tears to your eyes.” — Lee Radziwill
10. “Paris is paramount for fashion, always was – always will be.” — Manolo Blahnik
Paris quotes about what the city is like
11. “All I wanted was to connect my moods with those of Paris. Beauty paints and when it painted most, I shot.” — Ernst Haas
12. “Paris is a danger for people like me. We spend our rent money in Paris on clothes.” — Bridget Kelly
13. “Paris is one of the most beautiful places in all the world. Unfortunately, I was so homesick I couldn’t appreciate its beauty.” — Tyra Banks
14. “The art galleries of Paris contain the finest collection of frames I ever saw.” — Humphry Davy
15. “Of one thing there is no doubt: if Paris makes demands of the heart, then Munich makes demands of the stomach.” — Rachel Johnson
16. “We are using the same water that the dinosaurs drank, and this same water has to make ice creams in Pasadena and the morning frost in Paris.” — Rose George
17. “A woman should be less concerned about Paris and more concerned about whether the dress she’s about to buy relates to the way she lives.” — Geoffrey Beene
18. “I’ve never been to Paris. I don’t like to fly!” — Pearl Cleage
19. “The dark outside world of Paris under German occupation exerted a strong containing pressure.” — Gerard Debreu
20. “Oh, it was so hard to leave Paris, just about my favorite city in the world.” — Tony Visconti
Paris Is My Home Quotes
21. “After the French Revolution, the world money power shifted from Paris to London. For three generations, the British maintained an old-fashioned colonial empire, as well as a modern empire based on London’s primacy in the money markets.” — Gore Vidal
22. “One time, my ex-boyfriend and I were in Paris, and we went to this really fancy dinner. We weren’t full after, so we walked from the schmoozy restaurant to McDonald’s, and we finished our date at McDonald’s. It was awesome.” — Gigi Hadid
23. “One of the reasons I picked up the guitar is because I saw a video of Feist performing in Paris.” — Yuna
24. “Computers let people avoid people, going out to explore. It’s so different to just open a website instead of looking at a Picasso in a museum in Paris.” — Raf Simons
25. “When I was in Paris, I was at a big club in a major city, but nobody really cared about each other. It didn’t have that family feeling. I didn’t see any team spirit.” — Jay-Jay Okocha
26. “Heading to Paris when I was 17 and modelling exposed me to high fashion, which influenced me to dress on-trend – not extravagantly, but always in fashion.” — Suzy Amis
27. “Suicide, moreover, was at the time in vogue in Paris: what more suitable key to the mystery of life for a skeptical society?” — Honore de Balzac
28. “It was so quiet that morning in Paris that the heels of my two companions and myself were loud on the deserted pavements. It was a city of shuttered shops, and barred windows, and deserted avenues.” — Philip Gibbs
29. “Every time I go back to Paris, I’m so amazed by how little makeup French women wear. The approach to beauty there is more of a natural ‘who you are,’ but with American beauty, you can have fun with who you are.” — Stacy Martin
30. “I spent my teenage years in Paris when my dad was stationed there, and I’d look at women in their forties and think, ‘That’s the age I want to be.’” — Helen McCrory
Paris quotes to make you smile or think
31. “I make the most money, I think, in Russia and Paris, for the people of those countries are so willing to be amused, so eager to see something new and out of the ordinary.” — Harry Houdini
32. “Born and raised in Paris, I am deeply attached to my city; we almost have half a century of love story together, where I have been truly completely faithful! The most beautiful city in the world is my city, yeepeeee!” — Christian Louboutin
33. “For me, those little cinemas in Paris where I saw many art films for the first time meant that cinema became a kind of pilgrimage site.” — Geoff Dyer
34. “We were taught to think that Paris was the center of the universe.” — Etel Adnan
35. “For example, Taj Mahal is the first thing which comes to the minds of many foreigners who visit India, and how Eiffel Tower in Paris, but there is lot more to every country.” — Rajiv Menon
36. “There’s nothing new about European anti-Americanism. To go to a dinner party of intellectuals in Paris in 1960 was like walking into a tiger’s den with a piece of raw meat in your hands.” — Charles McCarry
37. “By the time Napoleon abandoned his army to its fate in Poland – arriving back in Paris on 5 December – it numbered fewer than 10,000 effectives. It was a disaster from which he would never recover.” — Saul David
38. “I discovered that close to half the planet is ‘pristine.’ We live in towns such as London, Paris or Sao Paulo and have the impression that all the pristine areas are gone, but they are not.” — Sebastiao Salgado
39. “My dating advice for Paris would be just to take your time.” — Kathy Hilton
40. “Paris, as always, is swarming with Americans, and these days, it’s also swarming with hamburgers.” — Robert Gottlieb
Paris quotes for everyone
41. “Paris must not be a cemetery. I do not wish to reign over the dead.” — Henry IV
42. “In Paris, where I live, the inner neighborhoods are only available to the white elite. The poor and dispossessed are shuffled out to suburbs and never seen.” — Janine di Giovanni
43. “When Paris sneezes, Europe catches cold.” — Klemens von Metternich
44. “I’d like to see Paris before I die… Philadelphia will do.” — W. C. Fields
45. “America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.” — Gertrude Stein
46. “In Paris, you’re as far as possible from the land of pleasant smiles.” — Kanye West
47. “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
48. “If ever you wish to meet intellectual frauds in quantity, go to Paris.” — V. S. Naipaul
49. “When good Americans die, they go to Paris.” — Oscar Wilde
50. “The spirit of the kingdom undermines its defenses. People will rise against the king. A new peace is made; holy laws deteriorate. Paris has never before found herself in such dire straits.” — Nostradamus
Things you wanted to know about Paris
Did you know the brunch drink, ‘The Bloody Mary,’ was first concocted in Paris?
It is also the city where the first photograph of a person was taken.
Austrian statesman Klemens von Metternich once noted, “When Paris sneezes, Europe catches cold.”
Many say Paris would be the love story if the world were a movie.
A city with a deep and rich history of transformation, creativity, and pride, Paris is the home of many:
- spiritual practices
Walking in the streets of Paris is like taking a tour of planet earth’s cultures.
You find that the wide variety of influences represented in the food, music, and art.
The French also have a world-famous love of dogs!
Many varieties of canines call Paris home.
In fact, recent census data showed that there is 1 dog for every 7 Parisians enjoying all Paris offers.
That is over 300,000 dogs!
Tell us your favorite Paris quote in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this Paris quote, please hit the share button below.