These boyfriend quotes will remind you of the special feeling of having someone important in your life.
Relationships are important milestones in our lives. Whether you are one of the lucky ones and found the one with your first boyfriend, or if you had to sort through many relationships to figure out what you were looking for, each important person in your life taught you something new about yourself, your needs, and your goals.
Do you remember your first boyfriend?
If you have a special someone in your life, share these boyfriend quotes with them to let them know how much you care about them. Read these quotes to reminisce about when you first fell in love. Or, if you are getting over someone, read the boyfriend quotes about falling out of love to help you say goodbye.
Also check out these true love quotes for the hopeless romantic.
Boyfriend quotes about new relationships
1. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
2. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect, and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
3. “In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Jane Austen
4. “Then I realize what it is. It’s him. Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames.” ― Veronica Roth
5. “I didn’t really get into boys until my junior year of high school, when I had my first boyfriend. But for the most part I was always playing sports, so I was too busy for them!” – Jennie Finch
6. “I remember being 18, and my first boyfriend said to me, “Unless you’re in the room, you don’t know if it’s true.” We were talking about gossip.” – Wynona Ryder
7. “My first boyfriend that I ever had, actually sang a song that he wrote for me on-stage to ask me out. That was pretty romantic.” – Aubry Plaza
8. “I was a social recluse for most of my life, and so a lot of relationships I’ve been in have been formed online. I met my first boyfriend online at 15, which culminated in me running away to San Francisco to be with him.” – Marie Colloway
9. “He was my first boyfriend, and I made him my everything – he was my new life, my new love, my new compass point. I guess that’s the danger with firsts – you lose all sense of proportion.” – David Leviathan
10. “I’m sure that when my daughter will bring home her first boyfriend I’ll be so intimidating that he’ll run away, but embarrassing as well, just to have a bit of fun.” – Robbie Williams
11. “Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with.” – Juno
12. “Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” – Dirty Dancing
13. “That’s why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they’d call ’em something else.” – Sixteen Candles
14. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
Also check out these hug quotes for when you need one.
Boyfriend quotes about a forever kind of love
15. “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
16. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
17. “If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.” – DeAnna Anderson
18. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
19. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
20. “I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.” – Rabindranath Tagore
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of age quotes for the young and the young at heart.
21. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
22. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
23. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
24. “Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.” ― A.A. Milne
Boyfriend quotes about falling out of love
25. “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?” — A.A. Milne
26. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” — Paulo Coehlo
27. “So, for now I say goodbye to this chapter of my life and I look forward to what comes next.” — Brooke Davis
28. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” — Ernie Harwell
29. “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” — Trey Parker
30. “It feels right, but it’s emotional. Saying goodbye to anything you’ve done that long is hard.” — Angela Ruggiero
31. “Could we see when and where we are to meet again, we would be more tender when we bid our friends goodbye.” — Ouida
32. “I’ve become more comfortable as time has gone on with saying goodbye because I’ve been having so many conversations about the cyclical nature of life. It just keeps going.” — Brie Larson
33. “This is not a goodbye, my darling, this is a thank you.” — Nicholas Sparks
34. “In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” — Deepak Chopra
35. “If you love something, and you set it free, and it doesn’t come back… you’re a dumbass!” – Beavis & Butt-Head
Don’t forget to also read these freaky quotes about love to share with your bae.
Boyfriend quotes about missing you
36. “I don’t want to close my eyes, I don’t want to fall asleep, cuz I’d miss you babe and I don’t want to miss a thing.” – Aerosmith
37. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” — Emily Dickinson
38. “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.” — Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
39. “The scariest thing about distance is you don’t know if they’ll miss you or forget about you.”— Nicholas Sparks
40. “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” — Doug Fetherling
41. “This is the sad bed of chosen chastity because you are miles and mountains away.” — Erica Jong
42. “Love is missing someone when you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in the heart.” — Kay Knudsen
43. “That’s how you know you love someone, I guess, when you can’t experience anything without wishing the other person were there to see it, too.” – Kaui Hart Hemmings
44. “We were together even when we were apart.” – Shannon A. Thompson
45. “I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame.” – Atonement
46. “You were worth the wait, and I don’t just mean tonight.” – Friends
Profound boyfriend quotes
47. “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” — Diana Peterfreund
48. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same” – Emily Brontë
49. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” ― Paulo Coelho
50. “I love you as one loves certain dark things, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda
51. “I love having a boyfriend but need to be secure on my own first.” – Demi Lovato
52. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” – T. Tolis
53. “I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
54. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
55. “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Gone with the Wind
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of love quotes for him that will bring a smile to your man’s face.
More boyfriend quotes and sayings
56. “When two souls are one, they hear each other, even in silence.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
57. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Shannon Alder
58. “I don’t know what to do, I want to die but you’re making me stay alive, I’m not sure if I should betray you and do it or move on and push through it.” – Lindzz
59. “Sometimes you have to leave someone special without any reason, Sometimes you can’t leave the person with thousands of reasons to leave.” – SiD
60. “A boyfriend should treat you like a girlfriend, not like a princess. Stop expecting so much from guys & maybe you won’t be so disappointed.” – 69rascal
61. “The important part is that you had someone to stick by you all that time. Even when everything sucked.” – Jennifer E. Smith
62. “When in a relationship, a real man doesn’t make his woman jealous of others, he makes others jealous of his woman.” – Steve Maraboli
63. “Love from others should be taken as a luxury in life, not necessity!” – Sonal Bharija Singh
64. “I love it when he gives me that look he has that says, not just that he loves me, but that he always will.” – Kailin Gow
65. “The ending of your story all depends on the beginning of ours.” – Piper Payne
Did these boyfriend quotes remind you of anyone in your life?
Was there a certain someone you knew in high school that sent butterflies to your stomach every time you saw them? Are you madly in love with your significant other? Or are you dealing with the pain and confusion of a relationship that recently ended? No matter your romantic situation, hopefully these boyfriend quotes reminded you of the special feeling of having someone important in your life.
Every person we meet has an impact on us somehow. A boyfriend has a more intimate impact than others in our lives. If you have a special someone who has impacted your life in a positive way, share these quotes with them to show them how much you care about them.
Did you enjoy these boyfriend quotes and sayings? Which quotes were your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
February 18, 2020 7:10 AM EST