This collection of Paris quotes will make you fall head over heels in love with the city.
Paris, France is a gorgeous place filled with thrilling landmarks, historic museums, and romantic restaurants. It’s no surprise that Paris is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Visitors will be blown away by the Eiffel Tower and the artwork at the Louvre. If you’re planning a trip to France, read these inspiring Paris quotes to get yourself in the right mindset.
These quotes about France truly capture the essence of Paris. Whether you’re interested in food, architecture, or nightlife, there’s something for everyone here. Paris is known as the city of lights and the city of love. These famous quotes will encourage you to pack your bags and take a romantic trip to Paris.
Don’t forget to also check out these New York quotes and sayings that will make you want to visit the big apple.
Paris quotes that will motivate you to explore the city
1. “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn
2. “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.” – Thomas Jefferson
3. “When good Americans die, they go to Paris.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
5. “To know Paris is to know a great deal.” – Henry Miller
6. “America is my country and Paris is my hometown.” – Gertrude Stein
7. “The last time I saw Paris, her heart was warm and gay, I heard the laughter of her heart in every street café.” – Oscar Hammerstein II
8. “Whoever does not visit Paris regularly will never really be elegant.” – Honoré de Balzac
9. “To study in Paris is to be born in Paris!” – Victor Hugo
10. “People wonder why so many writers come to live in Paris. I’ve been living ten years in Paris and the answer seems simple to me: because it’s the best place to pick ideas. Just like Italy, Spain… or Iran are the best places to pick saffron. If you want to pick opium poppies you go to Burma or South-East Asia. And if you want to pick novel ideas, you go to Paris.” – Roman Payne
Paris quotes about the magical city in France
11. “London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation.” – G. K. Chesterson
12. “You know, I sometimes think, how is anyone ever gonna come up with a book, or a painting, or a symphony, or a sculpture that can compete with a great city. You can’t. Because you look around and every street, every boulevard, is its own special art form and when you think that in the cold, violent, meaningless universe that Paris exists, these lights. I mean come on, there’s nothing happening on Jupiter or Neptune, but from way out in space you can see these lights, the cafés, people drinking and singing. For all we know, Paris is the hottest spot in the universe.” – Owen Wilson
13. “In Paris, everybody wants to be an actor; nobody is content to be a spectator.” – Jean Cocteau
14. “Paris was a universe whole and entire unto herself, hollowed and fashioned by history; so she seemed in this age of Napoleon III with her towering buildings, her massive cathedrals, her grand boulevards and ancient winding medieval streets – as vast and indestructible as nature itself.” – Anne Rice
15. “There is but one Paris and however hard living may be here, and if it became worse and harder even – the French air clears up the brain and does good – a world of good.” – Vincent van Gogh
16. “A final reminder. Whenever you are in Paris at twilight in the early summer, return to the Seine and watch the evening sky close slowly on a last strand of daylight fading quietly, like a sigh.” – Kate Simon
17. “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
18. “The best of America drifts to Paris. The American in Paris is the best American. It is more fun for an intelligent person to live in an intelligent country. France has the only two things toward which we drift as we grow older – intelligence and good manners.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
19. “The chief danger about Paris is that it is such a strong stimulant.” – T.S. Eliot
20. “Paris is the city in which one loves to live. Sometimes I think this is because it is the only city in the world where you can step out of a railway station – the Gare D’Orsay – and see, simultaneously, the chief enchantments: the Seine with its bridges and bookstalls, the Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tuileries Gardens, the Place de la Concorde, the beginning of the Champs Elysees – nearly everything except the Luxembourg Gardens and the Palais Royal. But what other city offers as much as you leave a train?” – Margaret Anderson
Paris quotes that will inspire you to begin the journey of a lifetime
21. “Paris is paramount for fashion, always was – always will be.” – Manolo Blahnik
22. “To err is human. To loaf is Parisian.” – Victor Hugo
23. “She wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in Paris.” – Gustave Flaubert
24. “Oh, London is a man’s town, there’s power in the air; And Paris is a woman’s town, with flowers in her hair; And it’s sweet to dream in Venice, and it’s great to study Rome; But when it comes to living, there is no place like home.” – Henry Van Dyke
25. “I like The Eiffel Tower because it looks like steel and lace.” – Natalie Lloyd
26. “Just add three letters to Paris, and you have paradise.” – Jules Renard
27. “I had forgotten how gently time passes in Paris. As lively as the city is, there’s a stillness to it, a peace that lures you in. In Paris, with a glass of wine in your hand, you can just be.” – Kristin Hannah
28. “Though I often looked for one, I finally had to admit that there could be no cure for Paris.” – Paula McLain
29. “The shopping, the food, the views! Paris is a city that entrances us all – and I’m no exception.” – Michael Kors
30. “That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me.” – Marion Cotillard
Paris quotes that will inspire you to take a romantic trip to the city
31. “Paris is not a city; it’s a world.” – King Francis I
32. “I guess it goes to show that you just never know where life will take you. You search for answers. You wonder what it all means. You stumble, and you soar. And, if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while.” – Amy Thomas
33. “Paris is a place in which we can forget ourselves, reinvent, expunge the dead weight of our past.” – Michael Simkins
34. “Unknown in Paris, I was lost in the great city, but the feeling of living there alone, taking care of myself without any aid, did not at all depress me. If sometimes I felt lonesome, my usual state of mind was one of calm and great moral satisfaction.” – Marie Curie
35. “My roots are in Paris, and I will not pull them up.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
36. “Paris is a hard place to leave, even when it rains incessantly and one coughs continually from the dampness.” – Willa Cather
37. “I thought of Paris as a beauty spot on the face of the earth, and of London as a big freckle.” – James Weldon Johnson
38. “In Paris, I really do like to try and do nothing… but that’s impossible.” – Christian Louboutin
39. “Everyone dreams of living in Paris.” – Natalie Portman
40. “Paris is a place where, for me, just walking down a street that I’ve never been down before is like going to a movie or something. Just wandering the city is entertainment.” – Wes Anderson
More beautiful Paris quotes that will make your day
41. “I stayed three weeks in Paris, fell in love with the city, and decided that I was born to live in Paris.” – Ed Bradley
42. “I love Paris in the summer, when it sizzles.” – Cole Porter
43. “Paris is the only city in the world that starving to death still considered art.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
44. “Secrets travel fast in Paris.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
45. “I only came to Paris with the intention of showing what I thought was strong and beautiful. It just so happened that my notion was different from everybody else’s.” – Rei Kawakubo
46. “He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo. Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic. Nothing is more sublime.” – Victor Hugo
47. “Even the majestic trees that graced and sheltered her streets were attuned to her – and the waters of the Seine, contained and beautiful as they wound through her heart; so that the earth on that spot, so shaped by blood and consciousness, had ceased to be the earth and had become Paris.” – Anne Rice
48. “We’ll always have Paris.” – Howard Koch
49. “It is perfectly possible to be enamoured of Paris while remaining totally indifferent or even hostile to the French.” – James Baldwin
50. “When spring comes to Paris the humblest mortal alive must feel that he dwells in paradise.” – Henry Miller
Which of these memorable Paris quotes most inspires you to visit the city of lights?
If you love traveling to beautiful destinations, start planning your trip to Paris, France. These famous quotes about the city will have you dying to visit. You won’t be disappointed by the abundance of delicious foods and awe-inspiring attractions. Pack your bags now and get ready to explore an exquisite city. These Paris quotes will inspire you to begin the journey of a lifetime.
Paris is a spectacular place unlike anywhere else in the world. Whether you’re a native Parisian or a tourist visiting for the first time, you’ll love these incredible sayings and phrases. There’s simply something magic about Paris that uplifts the spirit. Share these Paris quotes anyone you know who loves travel and exploration.
What are your favorite Paris quotes and sayings about the magical city in France? Let us know in the comment section below.
April 8, 2020 7:30 AM EST