If you are looking for the best shed quotes, this article will be helpful.
Here, we have curated a list of the top shed quotes that are worth sharing.
You will also learn about the term shed and the various aspects associated with it.
So, let’s dive in!
What is meant by the Term “Shed?”
The term “Shed” means to lose or eject.
Usually, it relates to the shedding of old skin or fur by animals.
In addition, this word is used in sentences like shedding tears.
Shedding the old skin in animals is a physiological process.
On the other hand, the shedding of tears relates to the emotional behavior of humans.
Shedding Skin in Animals
Here are the different animals that shed their skin or fur:
Reptiles like snakes and lizards are known for their ability to shed old skin.
This process is referred to as ‘Ecdysis,’ and it allows reptiles to shed their old skin and replace it with new one.
It involves the secretion of a specific fluid that separates the new skin from the old one.
The discarded skin tends to be translucent and usually keeps its shape.
Scorpions, spiders, and other arachnids also shed their skin through a process called molting.
During this process, the arachnids shed their exoskeleton, which acts as a skin for these organisms.
After the old skeleton is removed, a new and soft skin is revealed.
This process helps to replace the damaged exoskeletons and improves the overall toughness of the structure.
Shedding Tears in Humans
One of the most common reasons for shedding tears is emotional catharsis.
Tears not only serve as a bodily function to keep the eyes moist but shedding tears tends to be a strong expression.
By crying, we release the feelings within us.
There are numerous feelings that initiate the process of shedding tears.
Some of them include:
Shedding tears offers an emotional outlet.
This allows humans to cope with their feelings and move on with life.
What Shedding Symbolizes
Both shedding tears in humans and shedding skin in animals carry some symbolic significance.
- Growth and Renewal
- Resilience and Emotional Catharsis
Growth and Renewal
When animals shed their skin, it symbolizes transformation, growth, and adaptability.
It represents the process of leaving behind what is useless and embracing something that is beneficial.
In addition, it also reminds us of the continual cycle of renewal adopted by nature.
Resilience and Emotional Catharsis
When it comes to shedding tears in humans, it is an indication of emotional resilience.
It relates to our ability to face the emotional challenges and emerge as a strong person.
Top 10 Shed Quotes
Below are the top shed quotes that you will love reading and sharing.
1. “It would be nice to really shed the corsets.” — Helena Bonham Carter
2. “I’ve worked all my life to shed myself of any character.” — Sam Neill
3. “Well, I’m a Catholic by birth, and you can never shed it.” — Morrissey
4. “I believe one doesn’t have to shed clothes to look sexy!” — Sonakshi Sinha
5. “I want to use my platform to highlight and shed light on issues that are dear to me.” — Julia Fox
6. “You soon get into a habit of eating less, and that’s the key to shedding the extra weight.” — Shehnaaz Gill
7. “I still feel like I’m trying to make it. It’s hard to shed the struggling actor thing.” — Mark Ruffalo
8. “Pretending to be other people helped bring me out of my shell and shed my inhibitions.” — Michael Musto
9. “I know, it’s true. I’ve played these tortured teenagers. I can’t wait to shed that image.” — Claire Danes
10. “Married life has become to many a necessary burden, but a burden that is shed very easily.” — Mother Angelica
Shed Quotes About Shedding Tears
Tears are shed at various moments due to emotions. These quotes describe different occasions when tears are shed.
11. “If you have tears, prepare to shed them now.” — William Shakespeare
12. “Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed.” — Natalie Clifford Barney
13. “Whatever tears one may shed, in the end one always blows one’s nose.” — Heinrich Heine
14. “There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers.” — Saint Teresa of Avila
15. “For a tear is quickly dried, especially when shed for the misfortunes of others.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
16. “Don’t shed any tears for me. I got to live a dream most people don’t get to live.” — Tony Dungy
17. “Boys do cry, but I don’t think I shed a tear for a good chunk of my teenage years.” — Frank Ocean
18. “The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.” — Harriet Beecher Stowe
19. “Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength.” — Billy Graham
20. “Sometimes I wonder if I loved anybody, and yet I think of all the tears I shed and the heartache. It was all such a waste of time.” — June Brown
Quotes About Shedding Blood
Shedding blood is not a good practice, but people still do it. Here are quotes related to shedding blood.
21. “No kingdom has shed more blood than the kingdom of Christ.” — Montesquieu
22. “The masses don’t shed their blood for the benefit of a few individuals.” — Stokely Carmichael
23. “I am not virtuous. Our sons will be if we shed enough blood to give them the right to be.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
24. “A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterward.” — Theodore Roosevelt
25. “England and Greece are friends. English blood was shed on Greek soil in the war against fascism, and Greeks gave their lives to protect English pilots.” — Melina Mercouri
26. “The blood and sweat shed by United States and United Nations troops proved to be the prime mover behind the realization of freedom throughout the post-war period.” — Kim Young-sam
27. “There are things about organized religion which I resent. Christ is revered as the Prince of Peace, but more blood has been shed in His name than any other figure in history. You show me one step forward in the name of religion, and I’ll show you a hundred retrogressions.” — Frank Sinatra
28. “In my view of the present aspect of affairs, there is no need for bloodshed and war. There is no necessity for it. I am not in favor of such a course, and I may say in advance there will be no bloodshed unless it be forced upon the government. The government will not use force unless force is used against it.” — Abraham Lincoln
29. “No one ceases to be a man, no one forfeits his rights to civilization merely by being more or less uncultured, and since the Filipino is regarded as a fit citizen when he is asked to pay taxes or shed his blood to defend the fatherland, why must this fitness be denied him when the question arises of granting him some right?” — Jose Rizal
30. “Every year, our white intruders become more greedy, exacting, oppressive, and overbearing. Every year, contentions spring up between them and our people, and when blood is shed, we have to make atonement, whether right or wrong, at the cost of the lives of our greatest chiefs and the yielding up of large tracts of our lands.” — Tecumseh
Shed Quotes Showing Difficulty in Shedding
Shedding something can be difficult sometimes. These quotes describe various aspects related to shedding things.
31. “Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19.” — E. B. White
32. “You hear stories of intense actors who can’t shed their character and who don’t know who they are for a week or two after. I’m not that guy, man.” — Brad Pitt
33. “One of the great pluses of being an immigrant is you get to start again in terms of your identity. You get to shed the narratives which cling to you.” — Joseph O’Neill
34. “I was really excited to get to shave my head – it’s something I’d wanted to do for a while, and now I had a good excuse. It was nice to shed that level of vanity.” — Natalie Portman
35. “When critics called me a duplicate of my father, I knew I can’t do anything about my genes, but I ensured that I shed the romantic image and created my individual style.” — Prosenjit Chatterjee
36. “I have worked very hard to shed away my chocolate boy image in order to get a tough look for this action entertainer. I am confident of my success and would love to dedicate the same to Director Balachandar, sir.” — Uday Kiran
37. “Be willing to shed parts of your previous life. For example, in our 20s, we wear a mask; we pretend we know more than we do. We must be willing, as we get older, to shed cocktail party phoniness and admit, ‘I am who I am’.” — Gail Sheehy
38. “Pretty much every weekend, my wife and I have the shall-we-live-in-the-country conversation. I suppose it’s something to do with getting older and feeling I want to shed some of the things I’ve been doing for the last 20 years and go back to my roots.” — Andrew Motion
39. “I was more active pregnant than I ever was not pregnant. I was doing Body By Simone five days a week. That definitely helped me shed the weight after giving birth. But it’s all smoke and mirrors, too. People on Instagram forget that you’re showing them what you want them to see. We have filters.” — Chrissy Teigen
40. “We should educate all Party members and other working people to become genuine patriots who first love their parents, spouses, and children and further sincerely shed sweat and dedicate their all to spruce up their homes, villages, and workplaces so that they are better than others and add luster to their country, their motherland.” — Kim Jong-un
Shed Quotes Related to Shedding Light
Shedding some light is important for reaching some facts which can not be understood otherwise. These quotes show the necessity of shedding dime light.
41. “History is malleable. A new cache of diaries can shed new light, and archeological evidence can challenge our popular assumptions.” — Ken Burns
42. “If I have the chance to say something, I will say it – but that doesn’t obligate me always to say something, or to shed light on every problem as if I were a lawmaker.” — Bad Bunny
43. “I like to dedicate myself wholeheartedly to a cause so that I have more impact. My goal is to shed light on the beauty of the ocean and how important it is for our planet.” — Hayden Panettiere
44. “Remember: You are the common denominator in all your relationship problems. Wherever you go, your pesky repeated issues go – until you shed a blazing light of insight upon them.” — Karen Salmansohn
45. “Great and glorious God, and Thou Lord Jesus, I pray you to shed abroad your light in the darkness of my mind. Be found of me, Lord, so that in all things I may act only in accordance with Thy holy will.” — Francis of Assisi
46. “I didn’t know of any rappers in Charlotte. Not to sound like I’m bragging, but I brought the music scene alive and shed the proper light on it. I took it to a whole other level when I started rapping.” — DaBaby
47. “If I were painting or writing, I wouldn’t veer away from things because they seemed unsavory to me. So, as an actor, I kind of think the same way. I should do things that are different and interesting and shed light on the craziness of the world.” — Josh Hartnett
48. “I am deeply spiritual; I revel in those things that make for good – the things that we can do to shed a little light, to help place an oft-dissonant universe back in tune with itself… Long live art, long live friendship, long live the joy of life!” — Jessye Norman
49. “I just want to shed light, illuminate, and turn the spotlight over to all of the black people who have been futuristic and innovative since instruments were plugged into a wall. With computers, machines, and music, black people have been contributing to that a great deal for a long time.” — Kelela
50. “Self-pity, a dominant characteristic of sociopaths, is also the characteristic that differentiates heroic storytelling from psychological rumination. When you talk about your experiences to shed light, you may feel wrenching pain, grief, anger, or shame. Your audience may pity you, but not because you want them to.” — Martha Beck
Which of these Shed Quotes is your Favorite?
Shed quotes are usually associated with humans and animals.
Due to the dual relationship of this term, the quotes are quite popular.
Hence, people share shed quotes associated with both animals and humans.
To help you find the most relevant quotes, we have created a list of such quotes.
Most of these quotes are trendy and Instaworthy.
By going through this list, you can easily find your favorite shed quote.
If you have already found one, do share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Rather than doing nothing and getting sucked into a terrible rabbit hole, let’s explore ten ways to reinvent yourself so you – and your life – can become unstuck.
All of us struggle with psychological barriers at some point. They are common. Discover the psychological barriers that super successful people destroy.
When life gets tough, just turn to these words of encouragement and you’ll feel better in no time.
We all dream big, but big dreams take initiative to make happen.
Check out these related quote articles:
Looking for inspirational be yourself quotes to encourage you? Here are some uplifting quotes about being yourself to inspire your best life.
These new friends quotes will help you celebrate the new people you meet in your life.
Physical and emotional pain are an undeniable part of the human experience; these pain quotes prove it.
In life, some moments mark the beginning of a new chapter—a chance to turn the page, as seen in these new beginning quotes.