These vegan sayings and quotes will give you a fresh perspective on the food you eat.
Vegans abstain from eating or using products derived from animals.
If you practice veganism, you probably don’t eat meat, dairy, or eggs and avoid products made from leather or fur.
These vegan quotes will open your mind to the incredible benefits that come along with this lifestyle.
Have you ever considered going vegan?
Becoming a vegan is a simple way to positively impact the world.
If you’re passionate about animal rights or protecting the environment, this could be the perfect diet for you.
This collection of inspirational quotes will help you understand how vegans are saving the world.
Whether you’ve been a vegan for years or you’re just now considering the transition, these incredible quotes will encourage you.
Many people think that being a vegan is difficult or expensive, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
With an abundance of new options in supermarkets around the world, avoiding meat is easier than ever before.
Share these vegan quotes with your friends and family to open up their hearts and minds.
Also check out these beautiful pineapple quotes celebrating the queen of tropical fruits.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Vegan quotes to give you a fresh perspective on the food you eat
1. “Veganism is not a sacrifice. It is a joy.” – Gary L. Francione
You will also enjoy our article on ricky gervais quotes.
2. “It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.” – Joaquin Phoenix
3. “I personally chose to go vegan because I educated myself on factory farming and cruelty to animals, and I suddenly realized that what was on my plate were living things, with feelings. And I just couldn’t disconnect myself from it any longer.” – Ellen DeGeneres
You will also enjoy our article on pet loss quotes.
4. “If you think that being vegan is difficult, imagine being a factory farmed animal.” – Davegan Raza
5. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Gandhi
6. “I don’t see why someone should lose their life just so you can have a snack.” – Russell Brand
7. “The problem is that humans have victimized animals to such a degree that they are not even considered victims. They are not even considered at all. They are nothing; they don’t count; they don’t matter. They are commodities like TV sets and cell phones. We have actually turned animals into inanimate objects — sandwiches and shoes.” – Gary Yourofsky
8. “I’m a vegan. I respect the environment and I do my best to spread the importance of such an issue.” – Jared Leto
9. “My body will not be a tomb for other creatures.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
10. “People eat meat and think they will become as strong as an ox, forgetting that the ox eats grass.” – Pino Caruso
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for weight loss.
Vegan quotes to open up your heart and mind
11. “No animal needs to die in order for me to live. And that makes me feel good.” – Howard Lynan
12. “Why are vegans made fun of while the inhumane factory farming process regards animals and the natural world merely as commodities to be exploited for profit?” – Ellen Page
13. “Everyone has to find what is right for them, and it is different for everyone. Eating for me is how you proclaim your beliefs three times a day. That is why all religions have rules about eating. Three times a day, I remind myself that I value life and do not want to cause pain to or kill other living beings. That is why I eat the way I do.” – Natalie Portman
14. “I can’t think of anything better in the world to be but a vegan.” – Alicia Silverstone
15. “When I see bacon, I see a pig, I see a little friend, and that’s why I can’t eat it. Simple as that.” – Paul McCartney
16. “Behind every beautiful fur coat, there is a story. It is a bloody, barbaric story.” – Mary Tyler Moore
17. “When people ask me why I don’t eat meat or any other animal products, I say, ‘Because they are unhealthy and they are the product of a violent and inhumane industry.’” – Cassey Afleck
18. “Every time sitting at a dining table, we make a choice. Please choose vegetarianism. Do it for the animals. Do it for the environment and for the sake of your own health.” – Alec Baldwin
19. “If you don’t like pictures of animal cruelty being posted on social media, you need to help stop the cruelty, not the pictures. You should be bothered that it’s happening, not that you saw it.” – Marie Sarantakis
20. “Nobody really needs a mink coat … Except the mink.” – Glenda Jackson
You might also like these flower quotes that will make you appreciate the beauty around you.
Vegan quotes that will inspire you to positively impact the world
21. “The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?” – Jeremy Bentham
22. “People are the only animals that drink the milk of the mother of another species. All other animals stop drinking milk altogether after weaning. It is unnatural for a dog to nurse from a mother giraffe; it is just as unnatural for a human being to drink the milk of a cow.” – Michael Klaper
23. “Animals are my friends. And I don’t eat my friends.” – George Bernard Shaw
24. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” – Maya Angelou
25. “If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we’d all be vegetarian.” – Paul McCartney
26. “Animals don’t have a voice, but I do. A loud one. A big fucking mouth. My voice is for them. And I’ll never shut up while they suffer.” – Ricky Gervais
27. “Veganism is not about how hard it is for you. It’s about every animal’s right not to be used as a slave.” – Randy Sandberg
28. “It’s pretty amazing to wake up every morning, knowing that every decision I make is to cause as little harm as possible. It’s a pretty fantastic way to live.” – Colleen Patrick-Goudreau
29. “We are, quite literally, gambling with the future of our planet — for the sake of hamburgers.” – Pete Singer
30. “Poor animals, how jealously they guard their bodies, for to us is merely an evening’s meal, but to them is life itself.” – T. Casey Brennan
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
Vegan quotes to broaden your thoughts
31. “Becoming vegan is the most important and direct change we can immediately make to save the planet and its species.” – Chris Hedges
32. “We strive for a world where every earthling has the right to live and grow. That’s why we don’t eat animals.” – Ruby Roth
33. “Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it’s not acceptable.” – Jodi Foster
34. “Animals are not ingredients.” – Barbara Thompson
35. “If intelligence and capability are not criteria for the possession of rights, why would animals — who have the capacity to feel fear and pain — be excluded from our moral consideration?” – Jack Norris
36. “You either approve of violence or you don’t, and nothing on earth is more violent or extreme than the meat industry.” – Morrisey
37. “Vegan food is soul food in its truest form. Soul food means to feed the soul. And to me, your soul is your intent. If your intent is pure, you are pure.” – Erykah Badu
38. “It’s not hard to make decisions once you know what your values are.” – Roy E. Disney
39. “If a kid ever realized what was involved in factory farming, they would never touch meat again.” – James Cromwell
40. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” – Anatole France
Don’t forget to also check out these farmer quotes that will make you love the land.
Vegan quotes to inspire and teach
41. “Please don’t refuse with your eyes what the animals endure with their bodies.” – Shaun Monson
42. “I love animals. All animals. I wouldn’t hurt a cat or a dog — or a chicken, or a cow. And I wouldn’t ask someone else to hurt them for me. That’s why I’m a vegetarian.” – Peter Dinklage
43. “Cruelty is one fashion statement we can all do without.” – Rue McClanahan
44. “To face animal suffering is to face our responsibility in their suffering.” – JoAnne McArthur
45. “The best part of being a vegan is the purity and peace of mind one experiences and the strong connection I feel to the animal kingdom.” – Uri Gellar
46. “Being a vegan just helps me build up my self-esteem. I feel good about it every time I eat a meal.” – Steve-O
47. “Every living creature has the right to live ethically.” – Dirk Verbeuren
48. “We all love animals. Why do we call some ‘pets’ and others ‘dinner?’” – K.D. Lang
49. “Could you look an animal in the eyes and say to it, ‘My appetite is more important than your suffering’?” – Moby
50. “To get mud off your hands, use soap and water. To get blood off your hands, go vegan.” – John Sakars
You might also like these Guy Fieri quotes from the host of diners, drive-ins, and dives.
More vegan quotes and sayings
51. “Kindness and compassion towards all living things is a mark of a civilized society. Conversely, cruelty, whether it is directed against human beings or against animals, is not the exclusive province of any one culture or community of people.” – Cesar Chavez
52. “Vegan is just pure love. Love for animals, love for the planet, and love for yourself.” – Mischa Temaul
53. “If a wave of veganism washed over the land, in six months there would be Broccoli Kings, Taco Bell Peppers, and McTofu Drive-Thrus.” – Brian Wansink
54. “Being vegan isn’t about restricting oneself in any way, it’s simply about ceasing to take things that clearly are not ours.” – Mango Wodzak
55. “Invalid food choices lead to invalid people.” – Mango Wodzak
56. “If modern civilised man had to keep the animals he eats, the number of vegetarians would rise astronomically.” – Christian Morgenstern
57. “Ethical vegetarians eat only plant-based food in order to show compassion toward animals and other humans and to benefit the planet.” – Sharon Gannon
58. “The vegan lifestyle is a compassionate way to live that supports life, supports fairness and equality, and promotes freedom.” – Robert Cheeke
59. “The heart of vegetarians is healed sooner than those of flesh-eaters.” – Virchand Raghavji Gandhi
Vegan Quotes By Vegan Advocates and Animal Rights Activists
61. “There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery.” — Charles Darwin
62. “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages” – Thomas Edison
63. “The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
64. “The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.” – Charles Darwin
65.“We cannot have peace among men whose hearts find delight in killing any living creature.” — Rachel Carson
66. “Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” — Albert Einstein
67. “It almost seems to me that man was not born to be a carnivore.” — Albert Einstein
68. “It is much easier to show compassion to animals. They are never wicked.” — Haile Selassie
69. “No other animal on Earth has portrayed such a disregard for life than mankind.” — Anthony Douglas Williams
70. “Earth was created for all of us, not some of us.” — Anthony Douglas Williams
You will also enjoy our article on food quotes.
Vegan Quotes To Help Maintain A Healthy Diet
71. “The gods created certain kinds of beings to replenish our bodies… they are the trees and the plants and the seeds.” ― Plato
72. “I’ve been vegan for about 10 and a half years. It’s been all good. I’m obviously much healthier.” ― Woody Harrelson
73. “I try to stick to a vegan diet heavy on fruit and vegetables.” ― Clint Eastwood
74. “If you could see or feel the suffering you wouldn’t think twice. Give back life. Don’t eat meat.” ― Kim Basinger
75. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates
76. “Some people are still going to want to eat meat. We do agree though that vegetarianism is a healthier diet.” ― Dave Stroud
77. “Being vegan helped me realize I can say and do what I believe is right. That’s powerful.” ― Alicia Silverstone
78. “If you step back and look at the data, the optimum amount of red meat you eat should be zero.” ― Walter Willett
79. “When I say a vegan diet can be “the healthiest dietary option we can live by,” I mean an informed vegan diet.” ― Tom Regan
80. “The most energetic workers I have encountered in my world travels are the vegetarian miners of Chile.” ― Charles Darwin
Which of these inspirational vegan quotes motivates you to cut animal products out of your life?
Becoming a vegan is the obvious choice for animal lovers, environmentalists, and nutritionally-minded people.
This collection of vegan quotes highlights the many benefits that come along with the diet and lifestyle.
Veganism is a great option for fueling your body in a healthy and guilt-free way.
These sayings and words of wisdom come from the minds of experts, celebrities, and activists.
If you want to join the movement and make a real difference, these vegan quotes will inspire you.
Have you ever considered going vegan?
If you need the motivation and encouragement to follow through with the choice, read these inspirational quotes.
You can change the world by standing up for what you believe in.
Share these quotes about veganism to change the hearts and minds of others.
If you liked these quotes, you will enjoy our article How Switching to a Vegan Diet Saved My Life.
What are your favorite vegan quotes that have given you a new perspective?
Let us know in the comment section below.