What does it mean to limit ourselves? What does it mean to place them upon ourselves?
When we have limited ourselves, we have decided that we are only capable of so much, that we can only go so far, and that we only have a restricted set of abilities.
What made us decide this? Where did we get these ideas? Often we develop them without any trials or proof. They are based in fear or failure, in messages we have been given growing up, or because we have let others limits rub off on us.
The fact of the matter is this, no one can limit you, but you. No boss, no teacher, no partner, no colleague. We know our abilities and our worth, and is we are willing to work for them, great things are possible.
So some advice on how to stop limiting ourselves comes from those who refused to let it happen to them.
For more inspiration, don’t forget to also check out our collection motivational keep pushing quotes.
Inspirational quotes on living without limits
1. “If you always out limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work, and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
2. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
3. “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, and don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” – Donovan Bailey
4. “Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.” – Pope Paul VI
5. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
6. “There is no limit possible to the expansion of each one of us.” – Charles M. Schwab
7. “There is no limit to what free men and free women in a free market with free enterprise can accomplish when people are free to follow their dream.” – Jack Kemp
8. “Maybe other people will try to limit me, but I don’t limit myself.” – Jim Carrey
9. “We have a limit, a very discouraging, humiliating limit: death.” – Umberto Eco
10. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” – David Hockney
11. “I really feel like the sky is the limit. I’m a dreamer, and I dream in full vivid color HD.” – Will Packer
12. “Try to keep your mind open to possibilities and your mouth closed on matters that you don’t know about. Limit your ‘always’ and your ‘Nevers.” – Amy Poehler
13. “If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise.” – Robert Fritz
14. “If you have ideas, you have the main asset you need, and there isn’t any limit to what you can do with your business and your life. Ideas are any man’s greatest asset.” – Harvey S. Firestone
15. “Simplicity is the most difficult thing to secure in this world; it is the last limit of experience and the last effort of genius.” – George Sand
16. “To love the one who loves you, to admire the one who admires you, in a word, to be the idol of one’s idol, is exceeding the limit of human joy; it is stealing fire from heaven.” – Delphine de Girardin
17. “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” – Tony Robbins
18. “The sky is the limit. You never have the same experience twice.”- Frank McCourt
19. “When a man has put a limit on what he will do, he has put a limit on what had can do.” – Charles M. Schwab
20. “Science does not limit itself merely to what us currently verifiable. Bu it is interested in questions that are potentially verifiable (or, rather, falsifiable).” – Sam Harris
21. “The limit of your present understanding is not the limit of your possibilities.” – Guy Finley
22. “Few tragedies can be more extensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without, bur falsely identified as lying within.”- Stephen Jay Gould
23. “There were two free public libraries within walking distance of my home; I remember taking six books home from every visit, the limit set by the library.” – Martin Lewis Perl
24. “To fail is a natural consequence of trying, to succeed takes time and prolonged effort in the face of unfriendly odds. To think it will be any other way, no matter what you do, is to invite yourself to be hurt and to limit your enthusiasm for trying again.” – David Viscott
May 5, 2019 5:00 AM EST