Mind Quotes to Unlock the Power of Your Mind
April 28, 2023 6:00 AM EST
These mind quotes will help you harness the power of your thoughts.
Here, you can find your favorite mind quotes without much hassle.
Apart from our quotes section, we are also sharing how our minds work and how to control them.
If this sounds interesting to you, please continue reading!
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
How Our Mind Works
When it comes to working or our mind, things get really complicated.
There are numerous models and theories which explain the working of the mind.
Below are some of the key aspects associated with the working or our mind:
- Language and thought
- Problem-solving and decision-making
Ways to Control Your Mind
Our mind is the most unpredictable and powerful thing.
It controls our emotions and thoughts, which is sometimes challenging for us as humans.
However, there are certain techniques that we can follow to control or manage our minds.
A few of these strategies can help us control our minds:
- Cognitive restructuring
- Deep breathing
Mindfulness can be achieved through meditation.
It is a technique that allows us to focus on the current moment.
As a result, you start to observe your thoughts.
With this technique, you can seek more awareness about your emotions and thoughts.
Besides, it also makes it possible to control your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
This is another popular technique to control and manage your mind.
Visualization makes creating or perceiving images of positive happenings and outcomes possible.
Once you have visualized the success, it gives you new strength and zeal to overcome the challenges ahead.
It helps improve a person’s overall confidence and minimize stress or anxiety.
A person can remove irrational or negative beliefs or thoughts from the mind through cognitive restructuring.
After challenging such thoughts, it is also possible to replace them with more positive ones.
This helps to enhance the positivity in your thinking and strengthen your mental state.
As a result, you can regain control over your mind.
This technique involves taking deep breaths to minimize anxiety and stress levels.
For this purpose, you need to breathe slowly.
After practicing this technique for a few minutes, you will feel a change in your mood.
Top 10 Mind Quotes
The following are our top 10 mind quotes.
1. “Fortune favors the prepared mind.” — Louis Pasteur
2. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” — Leonardo da Vinci
3. “Whoever controls the media controls the mind.” — Jim Morrison
4. “You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” — Joyce Meyer
5. “To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.” — Lao Tzu
6. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — Mark Twain
7. “I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.” — Thomas Jefferson
8. “I put my heart and my soul into my work and have lost my mind in the process.” — Vincent Van Gogh
9. “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” — Theodore Roosevelt
10. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” — Aristotle
Mind Quotes Related to Intelligence
Discover inspiring and thought-provoking mind quotes that showcase the power of intelligence and wisdom.
11. “Let your mind alone, and see what happens.” — Virgil Thomson
12. “Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” — Swami Sivananda
13. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” — Abraham Lincoln
14. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” — Buddha
15. “The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.” — St. Jerome
16. “The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
17. “Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” — John Wooden
18. “Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way, your mind looks at what happens.” — Khalil Gibran
19. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you ride through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts; put your vision into reality. Wake Up and Live!” — Bob Marley
20. “You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” — Leah LaBelle
Mind Quotes that Include Lessons
Explore insightful lessons with the following mind quotes that inspire you to improve your thinking.
21. “The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
22. “Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them.” — David Hume
23. “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius
24. “Do not mind anything that anyone tells you about anyone else. Judge everyone and everything for yourself.” — Henry James
25. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, and your spirit. Then get back to work.” — Ralph Marston
26. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” — Rosa Parks
27. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” — Henry Ford
28. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” — Mary Kay Ash
29. “It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don’t agree. The wounds remain. Time – the mind, protecting its sanity – covers them with some scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone.” — Rose Kennedy
30. “A warrior is not a person that carries a gun. The biggest war you ever go through is right between your own ears. It’s in your mind. We’re all going through a war in our mind, and we have to callus our mind to fight that war and to win that war.” — David Goggins
Mind Quotes that are Thought-Provoking
These thought-provoking mind quotes will stimulate your thinking and inspire you to explore new perspectives.
31. “There’s no art to find the mind’s construction in the face.” — William Shakespeare
32. “It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well.” — Rene Descartes
33. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” — William S. Burroughs
34. “I think the most important thing is to keep active and to hope that your mind stays active.” — Jane Goodall
35. “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.” — Mahatma Gandhi
36. “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you believe 100 percent.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
37. “Who am I? Not the body, because it is decaying; not the mind, because the brain will decay with the body; not the personality, nor the emotions, for these, also will vanish with death.” — Ramana Maharshi
38. “I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.” — John Steinbeck
39. “You got to have a strong mind if you fall back. When you fall back, they are going to count you out. So you got to have a strong mind and know your worth. When you come back, you’ve got to be different and even better.” — Lil Durk
40. “So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality, nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit.” — Christopher McCandless
Some More Mind Quotes
Let’s check out some additional mind quotes with mixed themes.
41. “Your body hears everything your mind says.” — Naomi Judd
42. “Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.” — George Fox
43. “Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.” — Jawaharlal Nehru
44. “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” — Joseph Addison
45. “I think you should always bear in mind that entropy is not on your side.” — Elon Musk
46. “The mind is its own place and, in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.” — John Milton
47. “What a waste it is to lose one’s mind. Or not having a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.” — Dan Quayle
48. “True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment, and refreshment.” — William Penn
49. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” — Bernard Baruch
50. “Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity.” — Calvin Coolidge
Which One of these Mind Quotes is your Favorite?
Controlling one’s mind is necessary for achieving your goals.
If you understand how you can control your mind, you can make noticeable and positive changes to your life.
It also helps to manage your emotions and thoughts.
This is what most of the mind quotes are all about.
We have created this list to offer you the best mind quotes to share with your friends and family.
Besides, if you have come across your favorite mind quote, share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to learn about your choice.