Keeping a motivated mind requires food for thought, and these motivational one-liners are the perfect snack.
In the same way that we wouldn’t be compelled to ask, “Breakfast? Why do I need that again? I had breakfast yesterday.”
We all should feed our resolve to keep our motivation strong.
And if we become discouraged or unmotivated, we need to recognize that this is normal and move forward.
Tell us which motivational one-liner inspired you the most in the comment section below.
If you need more, check out these fun motivational postcards!
What are the benefits of reading these motivational one-liners?
Below you will find a bunch of one-liner gems.
We organized these around:
- getting motivated in the first place
- going for it
- sticking with it
What gets us going?
Most of the time, it comes down to attitude and passion.
Tap into confidence, pride, love, playfulness, and happiness.
Then go for it ― get started, focus, and dive in.
And once we get going, it’s all about working it, bouncing back, and remembering why we started.
Also, check out our collection of wise Hamlet quotes that are full of life lessons.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Best Motivational 1 Liners About Living Life Better
3. “If you live with passion you will always be happy.” ― Blanke
4. “Love yourself, then figure out how to spill a little of that over on someone else.” ― Leo Christopher
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of foundation quotes for a strong handle on life.
Motivational One Liners about perseverance
26. “Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” – T. Harv Eker
27. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did.” – Mark Twain
28. “Trust that still, small voice that says, ‘This might work and I’ll try it.’” – Diane Marie Child
29. “When you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
30. “Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.” — Will Rogers
31. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
32. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
33. “All great achievements require time. – Maya Angelou
34. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn
35. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” – Author Unknown
Motivational 1 Liners to keep you moving
36. “No pressure, no diamonds.” – Thomas Carlyle
37. “We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough.” – Helen Keller
38. “Impossible is for the unwilling.” – John Keats
39. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
40. “There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future.” – St. Augustine
41. “Boldness be my friend.” – William Shakespeare
42. “Leave no stone unturned.” – Euripides
43. “If it matters to you, you’ll find a way.” – Charlie Gilkey
44. “Success is the child of audacity.” – Benjamin Disraeli
45. “We are twice armed if we fight with faith.” – Plato
Motivational 1 liners that are full of wisdom
46. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
47. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
48. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
49. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
50. “An unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
51. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
52. “In order to write about life first you must live it.” – Ernest Hemingway
53. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
55. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
Motivational Liners To Help You Achieve Success
56. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” ― Albert Einstein
57. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” ― Bill Cosby
58. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” ― Zig Ziglar
59. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” ― Napoleon Hill
60. “The best revenge is massive success.” ― Frank Sinatra
61. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” ― George Eliot
62. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” ― Florence Nightingale
63. “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” ― Farrah Gray
64. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” ― Woody Allen
65. “Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” ― Gloria Steinem
Motivational Liners To Help You Stay Determined
66. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” ― Jim Rohn
67. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” ― Winston Churchill
68. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius
69. “Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.” ― Stevie Wonder
70. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
71. “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Wayne Dyer
72. “There’s a bit of hidden magic in every mistake. The magic is called learning.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
73. “Hope for everything, expect nothing.” ― Darren Criss
74. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
75. “Don’t find fault, find a remedy.” ― Henry Ford
Motivational Liners To Make You Live a Responsible Life
76. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
77. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.” — Kevin Kruse
78. “The greatest pleasure of life is love.” — Euripides
79. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” — Babe Ruth
80. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
81. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.” — Frank Sinatra
82. “Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this.” — Celine Dion
83. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
84. “The healthiest response to life is joy.” — Deepak Chopra
85. “Keep calm and carry on.” — Winston Churchill
Motivational Liners To Help You Set Goals
86. “Goal setting is the secret to a compelling future.” — Tony Robbins
87. “Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality.” — Les Brown
88. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” — Paulo Coelho
89. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” — Steve Jobs
90. “I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” — Stephen R. Covey
91. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins
92. “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.” ― Vernon Sanders Law
93. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” — Lucille Ball
94. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” — Dalai Lama
95. “To know how much there is to know is the beginning of learning to live.” — Dorothy West
Motivational Liners To Inspire You To Work Hard
96. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” ― E.E.Cummings
97. “Don’t be afraid to be weak; don’t be too proud to be strong. Just look into your heart, my friend.” ― Enigma
98. “If you perform the sacrifice of doing your duty, you do not have to do anything else. Devoted to duty, man attains perfection.” ― Bhagavad Gita
99. “Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.” ― Steve Jobs
100. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ― Nelson Mandela
101. “If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.” ― Jim Rohn
102. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” ― Steve Jobs
103. “Judge nothing, you will be happy. Forgive everything, you will be happier. Love everything, you will be happiest.” ― Sri Chinmoy
104. “The most persevering becomes the most talented.” ― Maxime Lagacé
105. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” ― John Wooden
Empowering Motivational 1 Liners to Fuel Your Inner Drive
106. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” ― Christian D. Larson
107. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
108. “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” ― Jack Dempsey
109. “If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a person of quality yourself.” ― Jim Rohn
110. “Push YOURSELF to the edge of YOUR limits. That’s how they expand.” ― Robin Sharma
111. “First steps are always the hardest but until they are taken the notion of progress remains only a notion and not an achievement.” ― Aberjhani
112. “When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.” ― Zig Ziglar
113. “Grind Hard, Shine Hard.” ― Dwayne Johnson
114. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” ― John C. Maxwell
115. “There’s always a way – if you’re committed.” ― Tony Robbins
Transformative Motivational 1 Liners for Achieving Success and Happiness
116. “Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
117. “On your journey to your dream, be ready to face oasis and deserts. In both cases, don’t stop.” ― Paulo Coelho
118. “The beautiful thing about setbacks is they introduce us to our strengths.” ― Robin Sharma
119. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” ― Sam Levenson
120. “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.” ― Marcus Aurelius
121. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” ― Jesse Owens
122. “Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.” ― Dale Carnegie
123. “Small daily improvements over time lead to stunning results.” ― Robin Sharma
124. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” ― Arnold Schwarzenegger
125. “The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses.” ― G. M. Trevelyan
Did these motivate you to chase your dreams?
We hope you enjoyed this collection.
Getting started can be hard.
Deciding to take a risk might be scary.
However, you will never know what you could have achieved if you don’t try.
Please comment with some of your favorites!
Then, take a moment and hit the share button to help inspire your friends too!