Looking for the best liar quotes for when you’ve been deceived?
Being lied to hurts so much. Whether you’ve been deceived by a loved one, boss, or business partner, the horrible feeling of distrust is the same.
Being a victim of deceit shatters your faith and the next time around, you find it harder to trust. However, you shouldn’t allow lies to change who you are and how you live life.
If you’ve been taken advantage of, all it means is that you’re an honest person. You can still find ways to preserve your ability to trust.
Though it might not be easy as it sounds, the first thing you can do when you’ve lied to is to forgive yourself for being fooled. And to avoid being fooled again, don’t give a known liar the benefit of doubt.
Learn the basics of spotting a liar and you’ll be a step ahead of the game. Also, don’t be shy to verify what people tell you.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking, liar quotes, liar sayings, and liar proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Liar Quotes for When You’ve Been Lied to and Manipulated
1. “One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.” ― Al David
2. “Stupidity is to have amnesia over your own faults when the person you hate makes theirs.” ― Shannon L. Alder
3. “I don’t degrade anyone, but a liar and a person, who doesn’t keep his or her words, has not any value in my eyes.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
4. “But he that sows lie in the end shall not lack a harvest, and soon he may rest from toil indeed, while others reap and sow in his stead.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
5. “Pigs are dirty, but I will tell you something dirtier: Liars! Untruth always smells like rotten garbage!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
6. “When your ears hear one thing, but your eyes see another…use your brain.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
7. “When people don’t tell you the truth what they really are saying is they don’t value you or their relationship with you enough, to be honest.” ― Shannon L. Alder
8. “Stop falling for those who won’t raise you up in the future.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
9. “Lies are like cockroaches, for everyone you discover there are many more that are hidden.” ― Gary Hopkins
10. “Lies sound like facts to those who’ve been conditioned to misrecognize the truth.” ― DaShanne Stokes
Liar quotes for when you’ve been deceived
11. “I wasn’t sure which was worse – to know you were a liar or to believe your own bullshit.” ― Eileen Cook
12. “The ability to lie, paired with unaccountability, has made a near infinite amount of liabilities.” ― Justin K. McFarlane
13. “Be careful… not all are what they seem. Some people pretend to be the beach, but they’re actually quicksand.” ― Steve Maraboli
14. “Truth is as straight as an arrow, while a lie swivels like a snake.” ― Suzy Kassem
15. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” ― Kamand Kojouri
16. “Before you call yourself a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or any other theology, learn to be human first.” ― Shannon L. Alder
17. “In politics, you learn how to say A mean to say B, in wisdom you learn how to say A and keep saying that.” ― Auliq Ice
18. “There is tremendous trauma in the betrayal caused by a perpetual liar as they repeatedly commit psychological abuse.” ― Cathy Burnham Martin
19. “Take back your power! I wish you the wisdom to realize that the problem isn’t that they keep lying to you; it’s that you keep believing them.” ― Steve Maraboli
20. “Anybody who says they are a good liar obviously is not, because any legitimately savvy liar would always insist they’re honest about everything.” ― Chuck Klosterman
You might also like these lies quotes for healing and moving on.
Liar quotes for when you’ve been taken advantage of
21. “People don’t lie to contaminate truth. They lie to pollute their hearts.” ― Munia Khan
22. “You can’t always expect people to apply your wisdom when they didn’t use wisdom before they found themselves knee deep in their version of justice.” ― Shannon L. Alder
23. “The problem with being a liar is you can never believe anyone else.” ― Chloe Thurlow
24. “Only fools and liars claim to know everything because the fool thinks all that he knows is everything and the liar knows there is no sufficient data to know everything” ― Nyona Matende
25. “No one believes a liar. Even when she’s telling the truth.” ― Sara Shepard
26. “When you don’t have honesty in love then there is no communication. Honesty is the improvisation of the heart; anything less is a well thought out and rehearsed the script.” ― Shannon L. Alder
27. “Once a country is habituated to liars, it takes generations to get the truth back.” ― Gore Vidal
28. “To know the good from the bad, study a man or woman’s history of actions, not their record of intentions.” ― Suzy Kassem
29. “Never stand in the way of letting God use people’s actions, in order to solve a greater issue in the world.” ― Shannon L. Alder
30. “I don’t hate Liars. I just disrespect them, because they disrespect themselves in the first place.” ― Revaz Eristavi
Also read these insightful manipulation quotes to keep toxic people away.
Liar quotes to help you preserve your ability to trust
31. “A coward talks to everyone but YOU.” ― Shannon L. Alder
32. “Accepting fraud from our leaders means accepting fraud in our personal lives.” ― DaShanne Stokes
33. “Thieves and liars kill indirectly, unintentionally, and with no other weapon than their tongues and malice.” ― A.E.H. Veenman
34. “Lies don’t end relationships the truth does.” ― Shannon L. Alder
35. “I do really believe that, like so many liars, there is a real substratum of truth behind her lies.” ― Agatha Christie
36. “Screaming and repeating lies makes them neither true nor more believable.” ― Cathy Burnham Martin
37. “Direct lies, small lies, huge lies, and lies of omission… these are all self-serving and sources of self-destruction.” ― Cathy Burnham Martin
38. “Neither a fake friend nor a liar can be trusted, with a secret.” ― Ellen J. Barrier
39. “Adding more bull to bull yields bigger bull.” ― Cathy Burnham Martin
40. “The way to happiness is by the truth. Seek to be true in all things and you will have a foundation to build your future.” ― Shannon L. Alder
You might also like these rumor quotes about gossiping will make you want to stop spreading drama and lies.
Other thought-provoking liar quotes
41. “We reveal most about ourselves when we speak about others.” ― Kamand Kojouri
42. “The liar was the hottest to defend his veracity, the coward his courage, the ill-bred his gentlemanliness, and the cad his honor” ― Margaret Mitchell
44. “Hypocrites get offended by the truth.” ― Jess C. Scott
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of hypocrite quotes from famous writers and authors.
44. “Unfortunately in today’s world a liar seems to be more reliable than a truthful honest man.” ― Munia Khan
45. “Warns, lies, liars, and mysteries everything in one place what more awesome than that??? Better check out Blindspot!” ― Deyth Banger
46. “People wear a mask of a lie so they look attractive, so be careful” ― Muhammad Saqib
47. “He, of course, is a liar, but that doesn’t really matter because, if you know liars are liars, it comes to the same thing.” ― Agatha Christie
48. “When God takes out the trash, don’t go digging back through it. Trust Him.” ― Amaka Imani Nkosazana
49. “People lie, cheat and bully one another and then wonder why they’re unhappy.” ― Marty Rubin
50. “When your lover is a liar, you and he have a lot in common, you’re both lying to you!” ― Susan Forward
Which of these liar quotes was your favorite?
It would be great if no friend, lover, or family member ever lied to us. However, when they do, find ways to preserve your ability to trust, and you’ll feel better about yourself.
At some point in life, everyone is the victim of a lie. We hope the liar quotes above will help you find ways to keep your trust alive.
Did you enjoy this collection of liar quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
May 5, 2019 8:00 AM EST