These loving life quotes will have you looking at things from a new perspective.
One where you can delight in everyday moments and simple things.
If some of your favorite quotes about loving life didn’t make the list, leave them in a comment for us!
It should not take a personal tragedy or setback to appreciate your life and be grateful for all the things you love.
Sometimes it is nice to just hit the pause button and take a deep breath to get an inventory of all the ways your life is incredible and makes you happy.
Here are 20 quotes I keep on my desk as a gentle reminder of why I love my life.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
1. Let’s start with one from Jules Renard, “As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more.”
In my youth, I wanted certainty and answers. As I have aged, I have realized that the world is not really black and white. I have learned to appreciate the grey areas. As we get comfortable having more questions than answers, we learn to enjoy the journey more and focus on the destination less.
You will also enjoy our article on love of my life quotes.
2. Many people have been given credit for the quote, “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.”
You will also enjoy our article on birthday quotes.
3. When things do not work out as I imagined, Eleanor Roosevelt reminds us that “Today is the oldest you’ve ever been and the youngest you’ll ever be again. Enjoy it.”
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
4. It was Abraham Lincoln who said, “And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
Whichever you prefer, everyone can agree that life is about quality over quantity. We do not know how long we have, so just make the most of your time and enjoy each day to the fullest!
5. So, how do you want to spend that precious time? “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot,” says Michael Altshuler.
You will also enjoy our article on happy quotes about life.
6. You have a choice every day to be happy and make the most of your time. Don’t waste one minute because you never get that time back. According to Annie Dillard. “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” It is easy to get caught up in a routine and let life pass you by, so be mindful and present, not just going through the motions, and make sure you are measuring what matters most.
7. And isn’t Bob Dylan right when he said, “A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do.” Isn’t that everyone’s definition of a dream job, after all?
8. After all, “Success is not a place at which one arrives but rather the spirit with which one undertakes and continues the journey,” says Alex Noble.
9. And according to Dale Carnegie, “Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.”
You will also enjoy our article on Alt quotes.
10. Or saying it another way, “Happiness is not having what you want. It is appreciating what you have.” So no matter who you prefer, they all agree that success comes from achievement and accomplishment, and happiness is attained from appreciating and feeling grateful for what you attain and where you are in life.
Inspirational quotes about loving your life
12. Another rule of thumb that has served me well over the years is “If you do what you need to do when you need to do it, then someday, you may be able to do what you want to do when you want to do it.” It may have been a slog in my 20s, but now that I am in my 50s, all that hard work is paying off!
13. Loving life is about realizing that “Happiness, not in another place, but this place… not for another hour, but this hour…” it is about making the most of the here and now, appreciating what you have, and making the best of it.
14. Even Miles Davis admits that “Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” Happiness is a process. It takes time and a lot of effort to be happy with yourself. Practice makes perfect.
15. You know you’ve made it when you realize that “Being rich is having money; being wealthy is having time.”
16. And even when things do not work out as you hoped, listen to Marilyn Monroe, “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.“
17. In summary, maybe Robert McPhillips was right “Happiness is the experience of loving life. Being happy is being in love with that momentary experience. And love is looking at someone or even something and seeing the absolute best in him or her or it. Love is happiness with what you see. So love and happiness really are the same thing … just expressed differently.”
18. So I guess it is true that “The happiest people don’t have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything.”
19. When I started my company 15 years ago, I realized that “If you don’t build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs.” That has helped me love life in a way that working for others never did!
20. And finally, Denis Waitley leaves us with this thought, “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.“
“Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” — Margaret Lee Runbeck
More quotes about loving life
21. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
22. “You have the approval of yourself. That’s quite enough for we who know true inner peace!” – Charmaine Smith Ladd
23. “Don’t love what you do, love who you are.” – J.R. Rim
24. “Unless you learn how to love yourself first, you will not be able to truly love anyone else.” – Camilla Dorand
25. “It doesn’t matter what others think. This is about YOU. Create a life that you genuinely love with your whole heart and start with yourself.” – Brittany Burgunder
26. “When you don’t get love, learn to love yourself more!” – Avijeet Das
27. “Love your life but don’t live your life for love!” – Avijeet Das
28. “Live your life in such a way that you can say I love my life and really mean it.” – TemitOpe Ibrahim
29. “Invest your time to know yourself. Things which are meant for you follows you in your way.” – Giridhar Alwar
30. “Take a deep breath and pause for one minute without doing anything! There did you feel the magic?” – Avijeet Das
Amazing loving life quotes that will inspire you to live fully
31. “Love like you’ll never be hurt, Sing like there’s nobody listening, And live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey
32. “This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up.” – Marilyn Monroe
33. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” – Jimi Hendrix
34. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – Nicholas Sparks
35. “We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
36. “Life is a journey and it’s about growing and changing and coming to terms with who and what you are and loving who and what you are.” – Kelly McGillis
37. “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” – Arthur Rubinstein
38. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
39. “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” – Benjamin Franklin
40. “There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way.” – Christopher Morley
Quotes about loving life and how it unlocks our true potential
41. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing. Believe in yourself. And believe that there is a loving Source – a Sower of Dreams – just waiting to be asked to help you make your dreams come true.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
42. “Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face.” – George Eliot
43. I was always a happy and loving person. Many would say that I was living an idyllic life. – Susan Polis Schutz
44. “I believe such illumination comes if you’re open to the surprises the universe throws at you. You must be able to let go of the past, whatever success you may have seen, whatever your comfort, whatever your habits. To me, that’s the key to loving life: Enabling yourself to step bravely into the unknown.” – Juliette Binoche
45. “Don’t ignore the past, but deal with it, on your own pace. Once you deal with it, you are free of it; and you are free to embrace your life and be a happy loving person because if you don’t, the past will come back to haunt and keep coming back to haunt you.” – Boris Kodjoe
46. “My vision of a real humanity is of pure individuals relating to each other, but not tied in any relationship. They will be loving to each other, but not being possessive of each other. They will be sharing with each other all their joys and all their blessings, but never even in their dreams thinking of dominating, thinking of enslaving the other person.” – Rajneesh
47. “Grace, not willpower, is what ultimately empowers us to live loving lives. Creativity, both in what spawns within the artist and the artifact, can be a vital source of that grace.” – Ronald Rolheiser
48. “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love & affection.” – Gautama Buddha
49. “Suffering shapes the life force, sometimes into anger, sometimes into blame and self-pity. Eventually it may show us the wisdom of embracing and loving life.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
50. “Follow that will and that way which experience confirms to be your own.” – Carl Jung
Amazing Quotes About Loving Life To Live Your Dreams
51. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes around in another form.” — Rumi
52. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” — Chico Xavier
53. “I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I’m actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons.” — Drew Barrymore
54. “A dream is what makes people love life even when it is painful.” — Theodore Zeldin
55. “Appreciate every little beautiful moment in every day of your life. Give it a try and you’ll see the world from another perspective.” — Thea Kristine May
56. “I take all of my life lessons, which some people might call ‘mistakes’, and apply them to my future so that I keep growing.” — Kimberly Caldwell
57. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” — Roy T. Bennett
58. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
59. “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” — Muhammad Ali
60. “Be in love with your life. Every minute of it.” — Jack Kerouac