As the title suggests, this article is all about funny teacher quotes. So, buckle up, as we are going to have unlimited fun ahead.
No doubt, teachers play a critical role in shaping our lives.
They help mold us into people that we will become as adults.
Teachers nurture the personalities of their students and nourish their ideas.
On a larger scale, teachers have an impact on society.
Most of us remember the old school and college days as the best time of our lives.
School is a place where we learn new things and have endless fun with our classmates.
So, we have gathered the best funny teacher quotes for everyone to enjoy.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Top 10 Funny Teacher Quotes
Education may be serious, but teaching doesn’t always have to be. These quotes give a glimpse into the importance and fun of teaching.
1. “Being a new teacher is like trying to fly an airplane while building it.” – Rick Smith
2. “He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.” – George Bernard Shaw
3. “A teacher’s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” – D. Martin
4. “A very wise old teacher once said: I consider a day’s teaching wasted if we do not all have one hearty laugh.” – Gilbert Highet
5. “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them to count is best.” – Bob Talbert
6. “Teaching is the greatest act of optimism.” – Colleen Wilcox
7. “If you can read this, thank a teacher.” – Harry S. Truman
8. “Children are like cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.” – Dr. Haim Ginott
9. “Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrific bills.” – Minna Thomas Antrim
10. “Don’t set your wit against a child.” – Johnathan Swift
Funny Teacher Quotes you will love
Teachers aren’t in the profession to make a lot of money. As these quotes show, they are doing it with passion and care for helping and educating children (even on the hard days).
11. “The only reason I always try to meet and know the parents is because it helps me to forgive their children.” – Louis Johannot
12. “The work can wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won’t wait while you do the work.” – Patricia Clafford
13. “I like a teacher that gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
14. “A teacher`s job is to take a bunch of live wires and see that they are well-grounded.” – D. Martin
15. “The older I got, the smarter my teachers became.” – Ally Carter
16. “Teachers are the only professionals who have to respond to bells every forty-five minutes and come out fighting.” – Frank McCourt
17. “In becoming a teacher, I`ve lost my mind … but found my heart and soul.” – Heidi McDonald
18. “A self-taught man usually has a poor teacher and a worse student.” – Henny Youngman
19. “Personally I’m always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.” – Winston Churchill
20. “Being a teacher is a lot like being a rock star.” – Heidi McDonald
Teacher Quotes for Instagram
Teachers are like superheroes! And because of the stress they deal with, many have learned to laugh and joke about it as you’ll see from these quotes.
21. “For every person who wants to teach, there are approximately thirty people who don’t want to learn much.” – W. C. Stellar
22. “I can’t believe I just saw my teacher at the grocery store! I thought she lived in her classroom!” – Heidi McDonald
23. “A policeman pulled me over and asked me for my papers. I gladly gave him all of my students’ essays to grade and drove off.” – Heidi McDonald
24. “Teach the children so it will not be necessary to teach the adults.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s children.” – Nicholas A. Ferroni
26. “Being a teacher is not a 9 – 5 job.” – Heidi McDonald
27. “Creativity: Take the obvious, add a cupful of brains, a generous pinch of imagination, a bucketful of courage and daring, stir well and bring to a boil.” – Bernard Baruch
28. “A very wise old teacher once said: I consider a day`s teaching wasted if we do not all have one hearty laugh.” – Gilbert Highet
29. “A cross-eyed teacher can keep twice the number of children in order than any other because the pupils do not know who she`s looking at.” – John R. Kemble
30. “In the school I went to, they asked a kid to prove the law of gravity, and he threw the teacher out of the window.” – Rodney Dangerfield
Funny Teacher Quotes you can’t Ignore
A teacher’s work can seem like it’s never done. These funny teacher quotes give a peek into their busy lives.
31. “There are three things to remember when teaching: know your stuff; know whom you are stuffing, and then stuff them elegantly.” – Lola May
32. “Sunday is a teacher’s day of rest: the rest of the laundry, the rest of the housework, and grade the rest of the papers.” – Heidi McDonald
33. “You want to know how I think art should be taught to children? Take them to a museum and say, “This is art, and you can’t do it.” – Steve Martin
34. “Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.” – George Burns
35. “I teach high school math. I sell a product to a market that doesn’t want it, but is forced by law to buy it.” – Dan Meyer
36. “The best thing about being a teacher is that it matters. The hardest thing about being a teacher is that it matters every day.” – Todd Whitaker
37. “Often when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number.” – Unknown
38. “Dear Parents: If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I’ll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home.” – Unknown
39. “A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor and makes far less money.” – Unknown
40. “There are three good reasons to be a teacher – June, July and August.” – Unknown
More funny teacher quotes
There are many good teachers in school around the world. Many have a good sense of humor as you’ll see in these quotes.
41. “By choosing to be a teacher, you have entered an emotionally dangerous profession.” – Unknown
42. “They may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Unknown
43. “As long as teachers give tests there will always be prayer in schools.” – Unknown
44. “I’m a teacher. How’s that for super power?” – Unknown
45. “Treat your students the way you want to be treated.” – Unknown
46. “If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I’ll promise not to believe everything he says happens at home.” – Unknown
47. “Dear Teacher, I talk to everyone, so moving my seat won’t help at all.” – Unknown
48. “Summer: The time of the year when parents realize just how grossly underpaid teachers actually are.” – Unknown
49. “Good teachers are the ones who can challenge young minds without losing their own.” – Unknown
50. “Confessions of a Tired Teacher: I was so tired that I stopped at a stop sign and waited for it to turn green.” – Unknown
What are your Favorite Funny Teacher Quotes
Teaching is known for being a challenging profession while also being one of the most rewarding.
While teachers have to deal with long hours of grading papers and preparing assignments, they also have the chance to see the growth of their students.
It is a job that most people go into because they care about students and want to help make the world a better place.
Funny teacher quotes can be a good way to blow off steam and have a laugh if you are a teacher.
Or, if you’re a parent, you may find the perfect quote to share with your child’s teacher.
Let us know which quote you think is the best.
October 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST