These “I’m sorry” quotes will help you apologize in a way that reflects how you truly feel.
Let us know which of these I’m sorry quotes resonated with you the most in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these I’m sorry quotes?
Admitting your faults is the crucial first step towards making things right once again.
Reading through these wise words will help:
- Determine if you owe someone else an apology
- Come up with the words to express yourself if you are looking for a more meaningful way to say ‘I’m sorry.”
- Rectify mistakes and repair relationships by offering a heartfelt and sincere apology
We all make mistakes. After all, we are only human.
Keep reading through these I’m sorry quotes to help everyone move on.
I’m sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words
1. “I don’t like it, and I’m sorry I ever had anything to do with it.” – Erwin Schrodinger
2. “But you know all about that, being sorry and having no words to say something when you know you should but you just can’t.” – Heather Gudenkauf
3. “I’m not very good at saying sorry, but I apologize.“ – Chris Kurtz
4. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boese
5. “Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I feel bad that I hurt you. 3) How do I make this better?” – Randy Pausch
6. “Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.” – Robert Half
7. “A sincere and warmly-expressed apology can produce the same effects as morphine on a suffering soul.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
8. “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee
9. “When you forgive, you free your soul. But when you say I’m sorry, you free two souls.“ – Donald L. Hicks
10. “I am sorry for what has happened and I know that I need some help.” – Susan Smith
Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and do things that hurt others at some point in our lives. That’s why it’s important to acquire the ability to acknowledge your mistakes and apologize for your wrongs, even if you didn’t do it on purpose.
When you apologize, it shows the recipient that you recognize the pain you caused them and are willing to make things right again. It opens the way to forgiveness and can potentially restore a damaged and broken relationship.
A genuine apology can make both parties feel better. When you say “sorry” in a caring way, it relieves your heart and mind. It lightens the baggage of hard feelings against someone or the sense of guilt within.
Although taking responsibility for your mistakes can be hard, you should not say “I’m sorry” just for the sake of it. A genuine apology should come from the heart.
To highlight the power of apologizing and to help you find the right words to express your remorse, here are some thoughtful “I’m sorry” quotes.
Also, check out our list of inspirational forgiveness quotes that will inspire you to see light at the end of the tunnel.
You might also like these quotes about second chances in life, love and more.
I’m sorry quotes to inspire your apology
11. “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.”– Margaret Lee Runbeck
12. “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.“ – Benjamin Franklin
13. “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.” – Keanu Reeves
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Keanu Reeves quotes that will remind you to be kind.
14. “Be the hero of hearts; learn to say I’m sorry.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
15. “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.“ – Kevin Hancock
16. “Saying sorry to someone is hard… but putting your pride down for someone is the hardest.” – Cristina Orante
17. “An apology is the superglue of life! It can repair just about anything!!”― Lynn Johnston
18. “It isn’t always to apologize for your mistakes but doing so shows a person with a strong sense of self.” – Byron Pulsifer
19. “Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.” – Isaac Friedmann
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of excuses quotes about the power of sticking to your word.
20. “What is past is past, there is a future left to all men, who have the virtue to repent and the energy to atone.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
I’m sorry quotes for when you’re at a loss for words
21. “You must tell me who I might have hurt. I have to write them an apology.” – Vivien Leigh
22. “Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past.”– Tyron Edwards
23. “He who is sorry for having sinned is almost innocent.” – Seneca
24. “Apologies bring people together.” – Nick Smith
25. “I am sorry for the pain I caused you, I feel so bad.” – Gabor Timis
26. “The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.” – Red Auerbach
27. “It’s very hard for me to say I’m sorry… but I do.” – Joe Nichols
28. “Chocolate says “I’m sorry” so much better than words.” – Rachel Vincent
29. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” – Toba Beta
30. “So many things that we never will undo I know you’re sorry, I’m sorry too.” – Bob Dylan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Bob Dylan quotes from the iconic Folk singer.
I’m sorry quotes to help you ask for forgiveness
31. “Never believe you’re so great or important, so right or proud, that you cannot kneel at the feet of someone you hurt and offer a humble, sincere apology.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of humble quotes about the benefits of humility.
32. “I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people that I cared about the most, and I am terribly sorry. I am deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and my actions.” – Anthony Weiner
33. “The hero isn’t the one who is right, but the one who steps forward to take the blame – deserved or not – and apologize to save a relationship.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
34. “True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.” – Mignon McLaughlin
35. “I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.” – Tiger Woods
36. “Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. You know what does? Action.” – Stella Young
37. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.”
38. “I believe that when you’re wrong, own it and apologize, and so I do and put it on the equivalent of my front page.” – Peter Coyote
39. “I’m sorry.” Once again, those were the words. And now, anytime someone says I’m sorry, I’m going to think of her.”― Jay Asher
40. “The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.” – Henry Boye
I’m sorry quotes to teach and inspire
41. “I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people.” – Louie Anderson
42. “Truly saying sorry is never easy to do, and when you are, you just hope it’s not too late.” – Justin Tranter
43. “More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made.”– Greg LeMond
44. “Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is saying ‘I love you’ with a wounded heart in one hand and your smothered pride in the other.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
45. “When you realize you’ve made a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm.” – Dan Heist
46. “I’m sorry.’ The two most inadequate words in the English language.” – Beth Revis
47. “What I want to say is that I’m sorry. There’s no excuse for what I did. I will understand if you will never speak to me again, but I hope you will give me another chance to fix this.”
48. “I am immensely contrite. And I’m sorry for the damage I’ve done.” – Jayson Blair
49. “To err is human, but contrition felt for the crime distinguishes the virtuous from the wicked.” – Vittorio Alfieri
50. “For what it’s worth, I’m sorry for everything.”- Clint Eastwood, ‘The Mule’
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
I’m sorry quotes that will make your day
51. “Never forget the nine most important words of any family- I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
52. “The art of a sincere and heartfelt apology is one of the greatest skills you will ever learn.”― Jeanette LeBlanc
53. “I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me.” – Barack Obama
54. “I don’t know what has happened to me. I know that I’ve been acting strange and have been very annoying. I’m sorry, darling.”
55. “Smart people always say sorry, while the stupid ones just wait for the smart one to say sorry.”
56. “Sorry, mom. Sorry, God.”― Chuck Palahniuk
57. “I’m sorry for getting angry at you for no reason. I’ll do whatever it takes to keep you in my arms, beautiful.”
58. “A simple apology could fix a friendship that shouldn’t have ended in the first place. Don’t let your ego stop you from doing what’s right.”
59. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.”― Robert Brault
60. “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.”― Kevin Hancock
61. “Let me tell you that I did not like a single bit of what I did now that I had reflected on it.”
62. “A genuine apology is like an eleventh-hour rain on a dusty crop. Grossly overdue, but miraculously just in time.”― Jacqueline A Bussie
63. “Apology makes you self responsible while excuse makes you undependable.”― Prabakaran Thirumalai
64. “It is incredible how many hurts can be healed by the two words, ‘I’m sorry.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
65. “Apology doesn’t mean that you were wrong, or other person was right. It means that your relationship is more valuable than your ego.”― Ain Eineziz
66. “Apology is not about saying I’m sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”― Unarine Ramaru
I’m sorry quotes for your loved one
67. “You’re my backbone. You’re a blessing. You’re a piece of my heart. You’re the air I breathe. And you’re the strongest person I know, and I’m so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put our family through this.” – Kobe Bryant
68. “Let us forgive each other — only then will we live in peace.” – Leo Tolstoy
69. “I betrayed your trust and created my life’s biggest disaster. But now I realize that your love in my life is all that matters. I am sorry.”
70. “I never meant to cause you any sorrow. I never meant to cause you any pain.” – Price and the Revolution “Purple Rain”
71. “I never meant to hurt you nor see you in pains. And I’m so sorry for not being able to be there for you today. Please forgive me, my sweet friend.”
72. “I’m the only one responsible for all the bickering we’ve gone through in the last few days. I’m sorry. I hope I can make the rest of the week better.”
73. “I overlooked your happiness in an attempt to make myself happy, only to realize that my happiness lies in yours. I am sorry, please forgive me.”
74. “Oh I m sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn’t do and I’ve hurt myself from hurting you.”
75. “My heart has been leaking and bleeding since the day I hurt you. Please plug the holes with your forgiveness. I am sorry.”
I’m sorry quotes to inspire you
76. “Everything is my fault, I’ll take all the blame.” – Nirvana
77. “An apology is saying the right thing after doing the wrong thing.” ― Vikrant Parsai
78. “As humans, it is natural to make mistakes. I know that doesn’t give me an excuse for what I’ve done. But I hope you know that it was a mistake. I’m so sorry and I promise to do better by you.”
79. “Ever since I have hurt you I have been feeling really miserable let s chill and be cool again I’m sorry please forgive me.”
80. “Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.” – Dave Willis
81. “I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.” ― Yolanda Hadid
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of relationship quotes celebrating real love.
82. “Apologies require vulnerability.” ― Jennifer Thomas
83. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
84. “I’m not perfect, I make mistakes, I hurt people. But when I say sorry, I mean it.”
85. “Apologize quickly when you wrong someone, because I’m sorry has no value in the grave.” ― Lakesha Ruise
I’m sorry quotes about forgiveness
86. “I have learned that sometimes “sorry” is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change.” – Claire London
87. “I love my children. That will never change. I have prayed to them for forgiveness and hope that they will forgive me. I never meant to hurt them!!” – Susan Smith
88. “I’m not perfect. Remember that, and try to forgive me when I fail you.” – Elizabeth Lowell
89. “God forgive me if I do wrong in following with ardor the strongest instincts of my nature.” – Julia Ward Howe
90. “Please forgive me for laughing when you fall. I’m so sorry but I never cared at all.” – Five Finger Death Punch
91. “I hope that people learn from my mistake and I hope that the fans forgive me.” – Rafael Palmeiro
92. “An apology is only good if the person who receives does so in understanding and forgiveness.” – Byron Pulsifer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of William Blake quotes for the creative soul.
94. “When I say, ‘I’m sorry,’ it’s because I regret something.” – Luis Suarez
95. “We are deeply sorry for the loss of anything – from your luggage to, of course, a loved pet.” – Oscar Munoz
I’m sorry quotes to help you own up and apologize
96. Sorry for not being able to talk about how I feel. Next time I’ll talk to you openly. Please accept my apology.
97. “Forgive me for being so ordinary while claiming to know so extraordinary a God.” – Jim Elliot
98. “I am much chastened and profoundly remorseful. I can only hope that the Almighty and those whom I have wronged will forgive me my trespasses.” – Jack Abramoff
99. “In order for there to be peace it may mean that a person needs to apologize for a wrong spirit, or attitude.” – Stanford Murrell
100. “I hope when I’m on my deathbed, people forgive me, because there is a lot to forgive.” – Christopher Buckley
101. You deserve someone better. Please excuse my immature handling of this situation. I thought it would be easier to do it this way, but it’s just inhuman.
102. “Your sins are great? Just tell the Lord: Forgive me, help me to get up again, change my heart!” – Pope Francis
103. “An apology is a statement of regret. As important as that is, apologizing differs from asking for forgiveness.” – Marianne Clyde
104. “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
105. “Just because I am a celebrity doesn’t mean I can’t say, ‘Sorry.'” – Karan Patel
Thoughtful I’m sorry quotes and sayings
106. “I am sorry for being a nag and continuously telling you what to do. It’s just that I’m uber protective when it comes to you. Sorry!”
107. “Sorry is a small word for the huge mistake I’ve made. But I’m ready to pay the price for my actions—just forgive me.”
108. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” – William Hazlitt
109. “Your forgiveness is the only thing that can save me. Because without you, I feel dead on the inside.”
110. “If I’ve done anything I’m sorry for, I’m willing to be forgiven.” – Edward N. Westcott
111. “I am ready to die just to have your forgiveness because my life is pointless without you in it.”
112. “I am sorry so sorry, I wish I could go back and change this.” –
113. “I know I broke your heart and I want you to know that hurting you has also torn my heart apart. I am sorry, my loved one.”
114. “An apology is a good way to have the last word.” – Jose
115. “There are no words that could express my regret for hurting you. I am truly sorry for letting you down.”
Genuine I’m sorry quotes
116. “I write how sorry I am for not contacting her sooner, but I was afraid, a coward, and I am trying to be braver now. I try and try and try every day, all day long.” – Nick White
117. “I have no reason to have done what I did to you. No excuses to give. However, I do have a thousand apologies waiting to be heard. Please give me a call back.”
118. “I truly apologies for hurting your feelings, all these happens unintentional. You know it is not of my character to make you go through any pain. I will never let it happen again.”
119. “I know I try your patience and you’ve probably grown tired of it. I just hope you will forgive me and give me another chance to be a better partner to you. I’m so very sorry.”
120. “Everything that happen is my fault, find a place in your heart to truly forgive me, I’m sorry.”
121. “I will scream I’m sorry from the top of the highest mountain until my voice is sore and weak. I want the world to know how much I mean it.”
122. “You are so special to me, I would intentionally hurt, I’m so sorry fall everything that happen.”
123. “I never meant to for you to see this side of me. I want to apologize, because that’s not who I usually am. I promise you will see change.”
124. “I will correct my mistake, please forgive me.”
125. “I’m not very good with words… This you know. But I know how to tell you I’m sorry and truly mean it. So, I’m sorry, okay? I’m really, really sorry.”
I’m sorry quotes to help you seek forgiveness
126. “My heart will rot in guilt because I will never forgive myself for what I did… but it will still continue beating to seek solace in your forgiveness. I’m sorry my love.”
127. “Hope you’ll forgive me, never meant wrong. Tried to be patient, but waited too long. But I would’ve came back. But I would’ve came back for you.” – Drake
128. “I am sorry that things are so difficult right now. Is there any way that we can work together to find a compromise that we are both happy with?”
129. “I know it hard for you to believe me that I love, care, respect, for you so much, I wish you no what am going through. Please am sorry my angel. ”
130. “It was never my intention to hurt you or cause you pain. Destiny conspired to drive this wedge between us and all I want is for this burden to be lifted. I’m sorry.”
131. “I am extremely sorry for all the times I have hurt you and embarrassed you. I have realized my mistake and I feel ashamed of my wrongdoings.”
132. “I know that I ruined your trust of me. Please forgive me, I never wanted you to doubt me and my intentions.”
133. “Hurting you and then not accepting my mistake was the worst thing I have done to our relationship. I know you must be upset. I am sorry, love.”
134. “Please excuse all my actions, please forgive the wrongs that I had done to you, dear you.”
135. “You are the only thing in my life that has brightened up my universe. I am sorry for pushing you away. Can you forgive me?”
I’m sorry quotes that show none of us is perfect
136. “No matter what happens, you remain my number one. Could you please forgive me for what I have done?”
137. “Please understand. Please forgive me. I prayed every day for you to be alive, until hope became painful. Don’t hate me. I still love you. ” – Lauren Oliver
138. “Sorry for being such a brat the other day and thank you for being such a wonderful friend by hugging me even when I was wrong.”
139. “You must forgive me, for I struggled only for you.” – Emily Jane Bronte
140. “I just want everyone to know how sorry I am for all those things that I had done to you.”
141. “Sometimes it is too late to say sorry and I don’t want to waste this time. I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. I do not want to lose you!”
142. “You can say sorry in over 1000 ways. Only when it comes from the heart, does it matter?”
143. “I understand it will be difficult for you to see my apology right now but I am sincerely sorry for everything I have done. Please forgive me. I love you!”
144. “Tell me what I can do to mend this gap between us caused by not being sensitive to what’s going on with you. I’m truly sorry.”
145. “I am sorry for the awful things I said to you. I feel so incomplete without you. Please accept my apology and let me in your life again.”
I’m sorry quotes because we all make mistakes
146. “I’m so sorry. I never wanted to hurt You.“ – Kiera Cass
147. “Redemption is something you have to fight for in a very personal, down-dirty way. Some of our characters lose that, some stray from that, and some regain it.“ – Joss Whedon
148. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit the same mistake again they just apologized for.“ – Amit Kalantri
149. “Pride and ego make a mockery of an apology. Humility wins forgiveness without question… so break ‘yo’self’!“ – T.F. Hodge
150. “Sorry’ isn’t a synonym for ‘guilty.’ It’s a way to say you’re listening.“ – Martina Boone
151. “Because you’ll always be special to me. Because I should have apologized years ago. Because I want you to be happy.“ – Lex Martin
152. “A sincere apology is analogous to authentic repentance.“ – R. Alan Woods
153. “Being safe doesn’t mean you won’t be sorry.“ – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
154. “When you make a mistake, give an apology without an excuse attached to it. The longer an apology, the less authentic it is.“ – Steve Maraboli
155. “Your right actions might hurt someone, so if required apologize for your right actions, but don’t stop taking right actions.“ – Amit Kalantri
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sad love quotes to help you deal with difficult emotions.
I’m sorry quotes to help you find the right words
156. “The difficulty, my friends, is not in avoiding death, but in avoiding unrighteousness; for that runs faster than death.“ – Plato
157. “A conscience without regrets – to live life without having to say you’re sorry.“ – E.A. Bucchianeri
158. “It does not [cost]a penny to say “am sorry”, “I won’t do that again”! It does not take away your integrity to appreciate the very little that you have obtained from someone, even if it’s not much! True humility speaks “little is enough if God is in it.“ – Israelmore Ayivor
159. “People who know that they are wrong and still don’t feel sorry are those who never learn.“ – Shreya Gupta
160. “Sometimes we learn the most about forgiveness when we realize how desperately we need it ourselves.“ – Glad Munaiseche
161. “I feel sorry for anyone who is in a place where he feels strange and stupid.“ – Lois Lowry
162. “By the day’s end I realized that there were a zillion ways to apologize to someone, but none of them mattered if you never opened your mouth.“ – Jennifer Jabaley
163. “Sorry’s not good enough. When something’s broken, sorry can never bring it back.“ –
164. “You broke her heart in person—you fix it in person!“ – R.J. Gonzales
165. “Everybody was sorry. Sorry was easy.“ – Gretchen McNeil
I’m sorry quotes to help you move on
166. “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.” – Emily Kimbrough
167. “I made a big mistake. It is indefensible and I am sorry.” – William J. Clinton
168. “Forgive and forget. Not revenge and regret.”
169. “It is never too late to make things right.”
170. “With a bruised heart and a deflated ego, with sad soul and a head hung low. I apologize to you unconditionally.”
171. “The reality is people mess up, don’t let one mistake ruin a beautiful thing.”
172. “I ask for your forgiveness. I feel so miserable that it’s difficult even to say sorry.” – Hwang Woo Suk.
173. “Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.” – Corrie Ten Boom
174. “Apology reminds us that each person, including ourselves, deserves to be respected and treated fairly.” – Beverly Engel, ‘The Power Of Apology: Healing Steps To Transform All Your Relationships’
175. “When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don’t repeat it.” – Paul Bear Bryant
176. “I am the type of person who believes an apology should be sincere and from the heart.” – Camille Grammer
Other inspirational I’m sorry quotes
177. “I don’t know why I made you cry I’m sorry sweetheart and yet, Though you shouldn’t be lenient with me I hope you’ll forgive and forget.” – Frank Sinatra
178. “I know I broke your beautiful heart and I want you to understand that hurting you has also shred my heart apart. I am sorry, my beloved.”
179. “When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t.” – Louis C.K.
180. “I am truly sorry for hurting your feelings, those things happened unintentionally. You know it is not of my character to put you through this pain. I will never let it happen again.”
181. “How do I tell you that I am sorry when words are not enough to heal your broken heart? How can I ask you to forgive me, when I can’t even forgive myself.”
182. “If that is what it takes to get you to hear me, then I will shout it from the top of the highest mountain. I will shout that I am sorry until my lungs explode.”
183. “Please remember that I’m not perfect, and try to forgive me when I fail you.”
184. “I know I don’t deserve it. I hope it would be possible for you to find it in your heart to forgive my mistake. I’m dying for another chance to win your affection.”
185. “When I say, ‘I’m sorry,’ it is because I genuinely regret something.”
186. “You have stood by me for years now, you have never let me down even through the thinnest of circumstances. And yet I hurt you and let you down. I am terribly sorry about everything.”
Funny ‘I’m sorry’ quotes from people who don’t really sound sorry
187. “I’m sorry, I’m not a performing monkey.” — Keith Flint
188. “Sorry, I’m still a dialectical materialist.” — Fidel Castro
189. “We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified.” — Aesop
190. “I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you.” — Robin Williams
191. “Sorry to interrupt myself, but it’s the only way I stop talking.” — Rush Limbaugh
192. “It’s okay saying sorry, but when you are drunk you say what you really feel.” — Vidal Sassoon
193. “Saying, ‘I’m sorry’ is the same as saying, ‘ I apologize.’ Except at a funeral.” — Demetri Martin
194. “I was born in very sorry circumstances. Both of my parents were very sorry.” — Norman Wisdom
195. “If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.” — Henny Youngman
196. “Football is a fertility festival. Eleven sperm trying to get into the egg. I feel sorry for the goalkeeper.” — Bjork
I’m sorry quotes about apologizing
197. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” – Robert Brault
198. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – J.R.R. Tolkein
199. “Never apologize, mister, it’s a sign of weakness.” – John Wayne
200. “‘I’m sorry you’re angry’ is NOT an apology.” – Liz Lutz
201. “An apology is only egotism wrong side out.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
202. “Never made a defense or an apology until you are accused.” – King Charles I
203. “The ability of a person to atone has always been the most remarkable of human features.” – Leon Uris
204. “I believe that things should be let go once they are discussed. Apology accepted. End of story.” – Brad Goreski
205. “You can make up a quarrel, but it will always show where it was patched.” – Edgar Watsom Howe
206. “A stiff apology is a second insult… The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.” – G.K. Chesterton
I’m sorry quotes to spark forgiveness and peace
207. “It is always so simple, and so complicating, to accept an apology.” ― Michael Chabon
208. “I’ve made apologies to people I needed to, but I can’t apologise to people I don’t know for things they don’t understand.” ― Sienna Miller
209. “I’m sorry for my inability to let unimportant things go, for my inability to hold on to the important things.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
210. “I was very sorry when I found out that your intentions were good and not what I supposed they were.” ― Sitting Bull
211. “I am sorry to say that sometimes matters of very small importance waste a good deal of precious time.” ― William Whipple
212. “I am sorry I didn’t tell you the truth before. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to.” ― Anne Fortier
213. “And I felt sorry, and I have felt bad about what happened.” ― Monica Lewinsky
214. “In some families, please is described as the magic word. In our house, however, it was sorry.” — Margaret Laurence
215. “I am sorry my decisions do not meet with your approval, but nevertheless, they are mine, and the consequences are also mine.” ― Rachel Caine
216. “An apology given just to appease one’s conscience is self-serving and better left unspoken!” ― Evinda Lepins
I’m Sorry Quotes To Show Empathy
217. “Sorry…I got distracted listening to you and hot glued myself to my unicorn.” ― Mira Grant
218. “I’m sorry, okay, I’m not perfect, but I’m trying.” ― Sara Shepard
219. “I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.” ― Dr. Seuss
220. “I had no shoes, and I felt sorry for myself until I met a man who had no feet. I took his shoes. Now I feel better.” ― George Carlin
221. “I’m sorry about yesterday,” she said. He hung on to his straps and shrugged. “Yesterday happens.” ― Rainbow Rowell
222. “I am sorry I couldn’t complete my term as leader. It is necessary for my staff to resign … to regain the people’s trust.” ― Seiji Maehara
223. “I’m sorry to see it end.” ― Michael Jordan
224. “I’m sorry you’re angry is not an apology.” ― Lisa Lutz
225. “I didn’t know you were having a hard time. I really am unqualified to be a teacher. Hurting you there…I’m really sorry.” ― Cheon Eunbi
226. “I’m sorry that I never trusted you. I don’t know how to do that anymore.” ― George R. R. Martin
Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes?
By itself, saying I’m sorry might not be enough to make everything all right again.
However, it is the right thing to do.
It does a lot of good.
Sometimes along with an apology, you might need to demonstrate that you’ll do better.
Besides, the offended party may not yet be ready to accept your apology, which means you need to allow time to heal the wounds.
All in all, learning to apologize is the vital first step in the healing process.
Hopefully, these I’m sorry quotes have reminded you why saying “sorry” is important.
Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
September 9, 2022 5:00 AM EST