I’m Sorry Quotes for When You Can’t Find the Right Words
Struggling for the appropriate words to mend fences? Our I’m sorry quotes are your perfect start.
May 15, 2023 6:00 AM EST
The power of an apology is an extraordinary tool for reconciliation, as seen in these ‘I’m sorry’ quotes.
After all, we live in a world where misunderstandings and conflicts often leave deep rifts.
Humans stumble, mess up, and sometimes unintentionally hurt those we care about.
Yet, just like the heartfelt apologies we witness in our favorite movies or read about in timeless literature, we too can harness the transformative power of saying, “I’m sorry.”
You may also enjoy our article on:
Whether seeking forgiveness from a loved one, a friend, or even ourselves, let’s learn how these simple words can mend fractured bonds and nurture the seeds of healing.
So, take a deep breath, gather your courage, and unlock the potential of a heartfelt apology.
Let us know which of these I’m sorry quotes resonated with you the most in the comment section below.
According to a study by the University of Illinois, apologies can significantly reduce anger and resentment between individuals.
So, using I’m sorry quotes can be a great way of expressing your apology meaningfully and sincerely.
What are the benefits of reading these I’m sorry quotes?
Admitting your faults is the crucial first step towards making things right once again.
Reading through these wise words will help:
- Determine if you owe someone else an apology
- Come up with the words to express yourself if you are looking for a more meaningful way to say ‘I’m sorry.”
- Rectify mistakes and repair relationships by offering a heartfelt and sincere apology
We all make mistakes. After all, we are only human.
Keep reading through these I’m sorry quotes to help everyone move on.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
I’m sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words
A survey by the Society for Human Resource Management found that 78% of employees believe that apologies are necessary in the workplace.
Whether it is for a mistake, a misunderstanding, or a disagreement, apologizing with an “I’m sorry quote” can help you.
1. “I don’t like it, and I’m sorry I ever had anything to do with it.” – Erwin Schrodinger
You will also enjoy our article on letting go quotes.
2. “But you know all about that, being sorry and having no words to say something when you know you should but you just can’t.” – Heather Gudenkauf
You will also enjoy our article on mercy quotes.
3. “I’m not very good at saying sorry, but I apologize.“ – Chris Kurtz
You will also enjoy our article on break up quotes.
4. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boese
You will also enjoy our article on how to apologize.
5. “Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I feel bad that I hurt you. 3) How do I make this better?” – Randy Pausch
You will also enjoy our article on im done quotes.
6. “Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.” – Robert Half
You will also enjoy our article on getting over someone quotes.
7. “A sincere and warmly-expressed apology can produce the same effects as morphine on a suffering soul.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
You will also enjoy our article on missing someone quotes.
8. “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.” – Bruce Lee
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about losing a loved one.
9. “When you forgive, you free your soul. But when you say I’m sorry, you free two souls.“ – Donald L. Hicks
You will also enjoy our article on disappointment quotes.
10. “I am sorry for what has happened and I know that I need some help.” – Susan Smith
You will also enjoy our article on 10 things i hate about you quotes.
Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and do things that hurt others at some point in our lives. That’s why it’s important to acquire the ability to acknowledge your mistakes and apologize for your wrongs, even if you didn’t do it on purpose.
When you apologize, it shows the recipient that you recognize the pain you caused them and are willing to make things right again. It opens the way to forgiveness and can potentially restore a damaged and broken relationship.
A genuine apology can make both parties feel better. When you say “sorry” in a caring way, it relieves your heart and mind. It lightens the baggage of hard feelings against someone or the sense of guilt within.
Although taking responsibility for your mistakes can be hard, you should not say “I’m sorry” just for the sake of it. A genuine apology should come from the heart.
To highlight the power of apologizing and to help you find the right words to express your remorse, here are some thoughtful “I’m sorry” quotes.
Also, check out our list of inspirational forgiveness quotes that will inspire you to see light at the end of the tunnel.
You might also like these quotes about second chances in life, love and more.
I’m sorry quotes to inspire your apology
A study by Ohio State University found that apologies can help to restore trust between individuals.
If you have broken someone’s trust, using I’m sorry quotes can help to demonstrate your regret and commitment to rebuilding the relationship.
11. “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.”– Margaret Lee Runbeck
You will also enjoy our article on I’m tired quotes.
12. “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.“ – Benjamin Franklin
You will also enjoy our article on broken heart quotes.
13. “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.” – Keanu Reeves
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Keanu Reeves quotes that will remind you to be kind.
14. “Be the hero of hearts; learn to say I’m sorry.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
You will also enjoy our article on second chances quotes.
15. “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.“ – Kevin Hancock
You will also enjoy our article on bad relationship quotes.
16. “Saying sorry to someone is hard… but putting your pride down for someone is the hardest.” – Cristina Orante
You will also enjoy our article on resentment quotes.
17. “An apology is the superglue of life! It can repair just about anything!!”― Lynn Johnston
You will also enjoy our article on be listening quotes.
18. “It isn’t always to apologize for your mistakes but doing so shows a person with a strong sense of self.” – Byron Pulsifer
You will also enjoy our article on crush quotes.
19. “Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.” – Isaac Friedmann
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of excuses quotes about the power of sticking to your word.
20. “What is past is past, there is a future left to all men, who have the virtue to repent and the energy to atone.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
You might also like these assumption quotes to help you understand why we make them.
I’m sorry quotes for when you’re at a loss for words
Research from the Journal of Psycholinguistic Research suggests that the use of empathetic language, such as in heartfelt apology quotes, can effectively facilitate reconciliation.
Expressing remorse with genuine, empathetic words can increase the likelihood of forgiveness and healing in strained relationships.
21. “You must tell me who I might have hurt. I have to write them an apology.” – Vivien Leigh
You will also enjoy our article on hurt quotes.
22. “Right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past.”– Tyron Edwards
You will also enjoy our article on angel quotes.
23. “He who is sorry for having sinned is almost innocent.” – Seneca
You will also enjoy our article on rest in peace quotes.
24. “Apologies bring people together.” – Nick Smith
You will also enjoy our article on meme quotes.
25. “I am sorry for the pain I caused you, I feel so bad.” – Gabor Timis
You will also enjoy our article on I deserve better quotes.
26. “The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.” – Red Auerbach
You will also enjoy our article on Austin Powers quotes.
27. “It’s very hard for me to say I’m sorry… but I do.” – Joe Nichols
You will also enjoy our article on I’m done quotes.
28. “Chocolate says “I’m sorry” so much better than words.” – Rachel Vincent
You will also enjoy our article on anger quotes.
29. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” – Toba Beta
You will also enjoy our article on intention quotes.
30. “So many things that we never will undo I know you’re sorry, I’m sorry too.” – Bob Dylan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Bob Dylan quotes from the iconic Folk singer.
I’m sorry quotes to help you ask for forgiveness
In a study led by Dr. Beth Polin at Eastern Kentucky University, it was found that a well-crafted, effective apology consists of six components: expression of regret, explanation of what went wrong, acknowledgment of responsibility, declaration of repentance, offer of repair, and request for forgiveness.
Incorporating these elements into an “I’m sorry” quote can significantly improve the chances of mending a damaged relationship.
31. “Never believe you’re so great or important, so right or proud, that you cannot kneel at the feet of someone you hurt and offer a humble, sincere apology.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of humble quotes about the benefits of humility.
32. “I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people that I cared about the most, and I am terribly sorry. I am deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and my actions.” – Anthony Weiner
33. “The hero isn’t the one who is right, but the one who steps forward to take the blame – deserved or not – and apologize to save a relationship.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
34. “True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.” – Mignon McLaughlin
35. “I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.” – Tiger Woods
36. “Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. You know what does? Action.” – Stella Young
37. “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.”
38. “I believe that when you’re wrong, own it and apologize, and so I do and put it on the equivalent of my front page.” – Peter Coyote
39. “I’m sorry.” Once again, those were the words. And now, anytime someone says I’m sorry, I’m going to think of her.”― Jay Asher
40. “The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.” – Henry Boye
I’m sorry quotes to teach and inspire
The renowned psychologist Dr. John Gottman’s research demonstrates that couples who practice regular repair attempts, including apologizing when necessary, have a higher chance of maintaining a happy, long-lasting relationship.
By using carefully chosen “I’m sorry” quotes, one can initiate these crucial repair attempts and nurture a healthy partnership.
41. “I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people.” – Louie Anderson
42. “Truly saying sorry is never easy to do, and when you are, you just hope it’s not too late.” – Justin Tranter
43. “More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made.”– Greg LeMond
44. “Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is saying ‘I love you’ with a wounded heart in one hand and your smothered pride in the other.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
45. “When you realize you’ve made a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm.” – Dan Heist
46. “I’m sorry.’ The two most inadequate words in the English language.” – Beth Revis
47. “What I want to say is that I’m sorry. There’s no excuse for what I did. I will understand if you will never speak to me again, but I hope you will give me another chance to fix this.”
48. “I am immensely contrite. And I’m sorry for the damage I’ve done.” – Jayson Blair
49. “To err is human, but contrition felt for the crime distinguishes the virtuous from the wicked.” – Vittorio Alfieri
50. “For what it’s worth, I’m sorry for everything.”- Clint Eastwood, ‘The Mule’
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
I’m sorry quotes that will make your day
A study published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science found that offering a sincere apology can have a positive impact on relationship satisfaction, increasing feelings of closeness and forgiveness.
This suggests that the I’m sorry quotes in your article can potentially serve as a powerful tool for repairing damaged relationships.
51. “Never forget the nine most important words of any family- I love you. You are beautiful. Please forgive me.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
52. “The art of a sincere and heartfelt apology is one of the greatest skills you will ever learn.”― Jeanette LeBlanc
53. “I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me.” – Barack Obama
54. “I don’t know what has happened to me. I know that I’ve been acting strange and have been very annoying. I’m sorry, darling.”
55. “Smart people always say sorry, while the stupid ones just wait for the smart one to say sorry.”
56. “Sorry, mom. Sorry, God.”― Chuck Palahniuk
57. “I’m sorry for getting angry at you for no reason. I’ll do whatever it takes to keep you in my arms, beautiful.”
58. “A simple apology could fix a friendship that shouldn’t have ended in the first place. Don’t let your ego stop you from doing what’s right.”
59. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.”― Robert Brault
60. “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.”― Kevin Hancock
61. “Let me tell you that I did not like a single bit of what I did now that I had reflected on it.”
62. “A genuine apology is like an eleventh-hour rain on a dusty crop. Grossly overdue, but miraculously just in time.”― Jacqueline A Bussie
63. “Apology makes you self responsible while excuse makes you undependable.”― Prabakaran Thirumalai
64. “It is incredible how many hurts can be healed by the two words, ‘I’m sorry.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
65. “Apology doesn’t mean that you were wrong, or other person was right. It means that your relationship is more valuable than your ego.”― Ain Eineziz
66. “Apology is not about saying I’m sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”― Unarine Ramaru
I’m sorry quotes for your loved one
Research conducted by the University of Georgia found that individuals who apologize tend to have higher levels of self-esteem and greater relationship satisfaction than those who do not apologize.
This suggests that apologizing can be a sign of emotional maturity and can contribute to overall wellbeing.
67. “You’re my backbone. You’re a blessing. You’re a piece of my heart. You’re the air I breathe. And you’re the strongest person I know, and I’m so sorry for having to put you through this and having to put our family through this.” – Kobe Bryant
68. “Let us forgive each other — only then will we live in peace.” – Leo Tolstoy
69. “I betrayed your trust and created my life’s biggest disaster. But now I realize that your love in my life is all that matters. I am sorry.”
70. “I never meant to cause you any sorrow. I never meant to cause you any pain.” – Price and the Revolution “Purple Rain”
71. “I never meant to hurt you nor see you in pains. And I’m so sorry for not being able to be there for you today. Please forgive me, my sweet friend.”
72. “I’m the only one responsible for all the bickering we’ve gone through in the last few days. I’m sorry. I hope I can make the rest of the week better.”
73. “I overlooked your happiness in an attempt to make myself happy, only to realize that my happiness lies in yours. I am sorry, please forgive me.”
74. “Oh I m sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn’t do and I’ve hurt myself from hurting you.”
75. “My heart has been leaking and bleeding since the day I hurt you. Please plug the holes with your forgiveness. I am sorry.”
I’m sorry quotes to inspire you
According to a survey conducted by the National Science Foundation, individuals who hold grudges or refuse to apologize tend to experience more stress, anxiety, and physical health problems than those who forgive and offer apologies.
This underscores the importance of apologizing and making amends, both for personal relationships and for general wellbeing.
76. “Everything is my fault, I’ll take all the blame.” – Nirvana
77. “An apology is saying the right thing after doing the wrong thing.” ― Vikrant Parsai
78. “As humans, it is natural to make mistakes. I know that doesn’t give me an excuse for what I’ve done. But I hope you know that it was a mistake. I’m so sorry and I promise to do better by you.”
79. “Ever since I have hurt you I have been feeling really miserable let s chill and be cool again I’m sorry please forgive me.”
80. “Holding a grudge doesn’t make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn’t make you weak; it sets you free.” – Dave Willis
81. “I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.” ― Yolanda Hadid
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of relationship quotes celebrating real love.
82. “Apologies require vulnerability.” ― Jennifer Thomas
83. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
84. “I’m not perfect, I make mistakes, I hurt people. But when I say sorry, I mean it.”
85. “Apologize quickly when you wrong someone, because I’m sorry has no value in the grave.” ― Lakesha Ruise
I’m sorry quotes about forgiveness
A study published in the journal Social Psychology and Personality Science found that the way an apology is worded can influence how effective it is.
Specifically, using “I” statements and acknowledging one’s responsibility for the wrongdoing can lead to greater forgiveness.
86. “I have learned that sometimes “sorry” is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change.” – Claire London
87. “I love my children. That will never change. I have prayed to them for forgiveness and hope that they will forgive me. I never meant to hurt them!!” – Susan Smith
88. “I’m not perfect. Remember that, and try to forgive me when I fail you.” – Elizabeth Lowell
89. “God forgive me if I do wrong in following with ardor the strongest instincts of my nature.” – Julia Ward Howe
90. “Please forgive me for laughing when you fall. I’m so sorry but I never cared at all.” – Five Finger Death Punch
91. “I hope that people learn from my mistake and I hope that the fans forgive me.” – Rafael Palmeiro
92. “An apology is only good if the person who receives does so in understanding and forgiveness.” – Byron Pulsifer
93. “And throughout all eternity, I forgive you and you forgive me.” – William Blake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of William Blake quotes for the creative soul.
94. “When I say, ‘I’m sorry,’ it’s because I regret something.” – Luis Suarez
95. “We are deeply sorry for the loss of anything – from your luggage to, of course, a loved pet.” – Oscar Munoz
I’m sorry quotes to help you own up and apologize
A survey conducted by the consumer research firm YouGov found that 63% of Americans believe it is important to apologize when they have done something wrong.
This suggests that apologizing is viewed as an important part of social interaction in American culture.
96. Sorry for not being able to talk about how I feel. Next time I’ll talk to you openly. Please accept my apology.
97. “Forgive me for being so ordinary while claiming to know so extraordinary a God.” – Jim Elliot
98. “I am much chastened and profoundly remorseful. I can only hope that the Almighty and those whom I have wronged will forgive me my trespasses.” – Jack Abramoff
99. “In order for there to be peace it may mean that a person needs to apologize for a wrong spirit, or attitude.” – Stanford Murrell
100. “I hope when I’m on my deathbed, people forgive me, because there is a lot to forgive.” – Christopher Buckley
101. You deserve someone better. Please excuse my immature handling of this situation. I thought it would be easier to do it this way, but it’s just inhuman.
102. “Your sins are great? Just tell the Lord: Forgive me, help me to get up again, change my heart!” – Pope Francis
103. “An apology is a statement of regret. As important as that is, apologizing differs from asking for forgiveness.” – Marianne Clyde
104. “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
105. “Just because I am a celebrity doesn’t mean I can’t say, ‘Sorry.'” – Karan Patel
Thoughtful I’m sorry quotes and sayings
According to a study published in the journal Personal Relationships, apologizing can have a positive impact on relationships, with the apology increasing perceived trust and forgiveness.
This can be a powerful tool in repairing damaged relationships.
106. “I am sorry for being a nag and continuously telling you what to do. It’s just that I’m uber protective when it comes to you. Sorry!”
107. “Sorry is a small word for the huge mistake I’ve made. But I’m ready to pay the price for my actions—just forgive me.”
108. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good-natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” – William Hazlitt
109. “Your forgiveness is the only thing that can save me. Because without you, I feel dead on the inside.”
110. “If I’ve done anything I’m sorry for, I’m willing to be forgiven.” – Edward N. Westcott
111. “I am ready to die just to have your forgiveness because my life is pointless without you in it.”
112. “I am sorry so sorry, I wish I could go back and change this.” – Thomas Williams
113. “I know I broke your heart and I want you to know that hurting you has also torn my heart apart. I am sorry, my loved one.”
114. “An apology is a good way to have the last word.” – Jose
115. “There are no words that could express my regret for hurting you. I am truly sorry for letting you down.”
Genuine I’m sorry quotes
116. “I write how sorry I am for not contacting her sooner, but I was afraid, a coward, and I am trying to be braver now. I try and try and try every day, all day long.” – Nick White
117. “I have no reason to have done what I did to you. No excuses to give. However, I do have a thousand apologies waiting to be heard. Please give me a call back.”
118. “I truly apologies for hurting your feelings, all these happens unintentional. You know it is not of my character to make you go through any pain. I will never let it happen again.”
119. “I know I try your patience and you’ve probably grown tired of it. I just hope you will forgive me and give me another chance to be a better partner to you. I’m so very sorry.”
120. “Everything that happen is my fault, find a place in your heart to truly forgive me, I’m sorry.”
121. “I will scream I’m sorry from the top of the highest mountain until my voice is sore and weak. I want the world to know how much I mean it.”
122. “You are so special to me, I would intentionally hurt, I’m so sorry fall everything that happen.”
123. “I never meant to for you to see this side of me. I want to apologize, because that’s not who I usually am. I promise you will see change.”
124. “I will correct my mistake, please forgive me.”
125. “I’m not very good with words… This you know. But I know how to tell you I’m sorry and truly mean it. So, I’m sorry, okay? I’m really, really sorry.”
I’m sorry quotes to help you seek forgiveness
126. “My heart will rot in guilt because I will never forgive myself for what I did… but it will still continue beating to seek solace in your forgiveness. I’m sorry my love.”
127. “Hope you’ll forgive me, never meant wrong. Tried to be patient, but waited too long. But I would’ve came back. But I would’ve came back for you.” – Drake
128. “I am sorry that things are so difficult right now. Is there any way that we can work together to find a compromise that we are both happy with?”
129. “I know it hard for you to believe me that I love, care, respect, for you so much, I wish you no what am going through. Please am sorry my angel. ”
130. “It was never my intention to hurt you or cause you pain. Destiny conspired to drive this wedge between us and all I want is for this burden to be lifted. I’m sorry.”
131. “I am extremely sorry for all the times I have hurt you and embarrassed you. I have realized my mistake and I feel ashamed of my wrongdoings.”
132. “I know that I ruined your trust of me. Please forgive me, I never wanted you to doubt me and my intentions.”
133. “Hurting you and then not accepting my mistake was the worst thing I have done to our relationship. I know you must be upset. I am sorry, love.”
134. “Please excuse all my actions, please forgive the wrongs that I had done to you, dear you.”
135. “You are the only thing in my life that has brightened up my universe. I am sorry for pushing you away. Can you forgive me?”
I’m sorry quotes that show none of us is perfect
136. “No matter what happens, you remain my number one. Could you please forgive me for what I have done?”
137. “Please understand. Please forgive me. I prayed every day for you to be alive, until hope became painful. Don’t hate me. I still love you. ” – Lauren Oliver
138. “Sorry for being such a brat the other day and thank you for being such a wonderful friend by hugging me even when I was wrong.”
139. “You must forgive me, for I struggled only for you.” – Emily Jane Bronte
140. “I just want everyone to know how sorry I am for all those things that I had done to you.”
141. “Sometimes it is too late to say sorry and I don’t want to waste this time. I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. I do not want to lose you!”
142. “You can say sorry in over 1000 ways. Only when it comes from the heart, does it matter?”
143. “I understand it will be difficult for you to see my apology right now but I am sincerely sorry for everything I have done. Please forgive me. I love you!”
144. “Tell me what I can do to mend this gap between us caused by not being sensitive to what’s going on with you. I’m truly sorry.”
145. “I am sorry for the awful things I said to you. I feel so incomplete without you. Please accept my apology and let me in your life again.”
I’m sorry quotes because we all make mistakes
146. “I’m so sorry. I never wanted to hurt You.“ – Kiera Cass
147. “Redemption is something you have to fight for in a very personal, down-dirty way. Some of our characters lose that, some stray from that, and some regain it.“ – Joss Whedon
148. “If an apology is followed by an excuse or a reason, it means they are going to commit the same mistake again they just apologized for.“ – Amit Kalantri
149. “Pride and ego make a mockery of an apology. Humility wins forgiveness without question… so break ‘yo’self’!“ – T.F. Hodge
150. “Sorry’ isn’t a synonym for ‘guilty.’ It’s a way to say you’re listening.“ – Martina Boone
151. “Because you’ll always be special to me. Because I should have apologized years ago. Because I want you to be happy.“ – Lex Martin
152. “A sincere apology is analogous to authentic repentance.“ – R. Alan Woods
153. “Being safe doesn’t mean you won’t be sorry.“ – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
154. “When you make a mistake, give an apology without an excuse attached to it. The longer an apology, the less authentic it is.“ – Steve Maraboli
155. “Your right actions might hurt someone, so if required apologize for your right actions, but don’t stop taking right actions.“ – Amit Kalantri
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sad love quotes to help you deal with difficult emotions.
I’m sorry quotes to help you find the right words
156. “The difficulty, my friends, is not in avoiding death, but in avoiding unrighteousness; for that runs faster than death.“ – Plato
157. “A conscience without regrets – to live life without having to say you’re sorry.“ – E.A. Bucchianeri
158. “It does not [cost]a penny to say “am sorry”, “I won’t do that again”! It does not take away your integrity to appreciate the very little that you have obtained from someone, even if it’s not much! True humility speaks “little is enough if God is in it.“ – Israelmore Ayivor
159. “People who know that they are wrong and still don’t feel sorry are those who never learn.“ – Shreya Gupta
160. “Sometimes we learn the most about forgiveness when we realize how desperately we need it ourselves.“ – Glad Munaiseche
161. “I feel sorry for anyone who is in a place where he feels strange and stupid.“ – Lois Lowry
162. “By the day’s end I realized that there were a zillion ways to apologize to someone, but none of them mattered if you never opened your mouth.“ – Jennifer Jabaley
163. “Sorry’s not good enough. When something’s broken, sorry can never bring it back.“ –
164. “You broke her heart in person—you fix it in person!“ – R.J. Gonzales
165. “Everybody was sorry. Sorry was easy.“ – Gretchen McNeil
I’m sorry quotes to help you move on
166. “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.” – Emily Kimbrough
167. “I made a big mistake. It is indefensible and I am sorry.” – William J. Clinton
168. “Forgive and forget. Not revenge and regret.”
169. “It is never too late to make things right.”
170. “With a bruised heart and a deflated ego, with sad soul and a head hung low. I apologize to you unconditionally.”
171. “The reality is people mess up, don’t let one mistake ruin a beautiful thing.”
172. “I ask for your forgiveness. I feel so miserable that it’s difficult even to say sorry.” – Hwang Woo Suk.
173. “Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.” – Corrie Ten Boom
174. “Apology reminds us that each person, including ourselves, deserves to be respected and treated fairly.” – Beverly Engel, ‘The Power Of Apology: Healing Steps To Transform All Your Relationships’
175. “When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don’t repeat it.” – Paul Bear Bryant
176. “I am the type of person who believes an apology should be sincere and from the heart.” – Camille Grammer
Other inspirational I’m sorry quotes
177. “I don’t know why I made you cry I’m sorry sweetheart and yet, Though you shouldn’t be lenient with me I hope you’ll forgive and forget.” – Frank Sinatra
178. “I know I broke your beautiful heart and I want you to understand that hurting you has also shred my heart apart. I am sorry, my beloved.”
179. “When a person tells you that you hurt them, you don’t get to decide that you didn’t.” – Louis C.K.
180. “I am truly sorry for hurting your feelings, those things happened unintentionally. You know it is not of my character to put you through this pain. I will never let it happen again.”
181. “How do I tell you that I am sorry when words are not enough to heal your broken heart? How can I ask you to forgive me, when I can’t even forgive myself.”
182. “If that is what it takes to get you to hear me, then I will shout it from the top of the highest mountain. I will shout that I am sorry until my lungs explode.”
183. “Please remember that I’m not perfect, and try to forgive me when I fail you.”
184. “I know I don’t deserve it. I hope it would be possible for you to find it in your heart to forgive my mistake. I’m dying for another chance to win your affection.”
185. “When I say, ‘I’m sorry,’ it is because I genuinely regret something.”
186. “You have stood by me for years now, you have never let me down even through the thinnest of circumstances. And yet I hurt you and let you down. I am terribly sorry about everything.”
Funny ‘I’m sorry’ quotes from people who don’t really sound sorry
187. “I’m sorry, I’m not a performing monkey.” — Keith Flint
188. “Sorry, I’m still a dialectical materialist.” — Fidel Castro
189. “We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified.” — Aesop
190. “I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you.” — Robin Williams
191. “Sorry to interrupt myself, but it’s the only way I stop talking.” — Rush Limbaugh
192. “It’s okay saying sorry, but when you are drunk you say what you really feel.” — Vidal Sassoon
193. “Saying, ‘I’m sorry’ is the same as saying, ‘ I apologize.’ Except at a funeral.” — Demetri Martin
194. “I was born in very sorry circumstances. Both of my parents were very sorry.” — Norman Wisdom
195. “If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late.” — Henny Youngman
196. “Football is a fertility festival. Eleven sperm trying to get into the egg. I feel sorry for the goalkeeper.” — Bjork
I’m sorry quotes about apologizing
197. “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.” – Robert Brault
198. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – J.R.R. Tolkein
199. “Never apologize, mister, it’s a sign of weakness.” – John Wayne
200. “‘I’m sorry you’re angry’ is NOT an apology.” – Liz Lutz
201. “An apology is only egotism wrong side out.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
202. “Never made a defense or an apology until you are accused.” – King Charles I
203. “The ability of a person to atone has always been the most remarkable of human features.” – Leon Uris
204. “I believe that things should be let go once they are discussed. Apology accepted. End of story.” – Brad Goreski
205. “You can make up a quarrel, but it will always show where it was patched.” – Edgar Watsom Howe
206. “A stiff apology is a second insult… The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.” – G.K. Chesterton
I’m sorry quotes to spark forgiveness and peace
207. “It is always so simple, and so complicating, to accept an apology.” ― Michael Chabon
208. “I’ve made apologies to people I needed to, but I can’t apologise to people I don’t know for things they don’t understand.” ― Sienna Miller
209. “I’m sorry for my inability to let unimportant things go, for my inability to hold on to the important things.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
210. “I was very sorry when I found out that your intentions were good and not what I supposed they were.” ― Sitting Bull
211. “I am sorry to say that sometimes matters of very small importance waste a good deal of precious time.” ― William Whipple
212. “I am sorry I didn’t tell you the truth before. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to.” ― Anne Fortier
213. “And I felt sorry, and I have felt bad about what happened.” ― Monica Lewinsky
214. “In some families, please is described as the magic word. In our house, however, it was sorry.” — Margaret Laurence
215. “I am sorry my decisions do not meet with your approval, but nevertheless, they are mine, and the consequences are also mine.” ― Rachel Caine
216. “An apology given just to appease one’s conscience is self-serving and better left unspoken!” ― Evinda Lepins
You might also enjoy this article Conscience Quotes: Insights into Our Inner Voice.
I’m Sorry Quotes To Show Empathy
217. “Sorry…I got distracted listening to you and hot glued myself to my unicorn.” ― Mira Grant
218. “I’m sorry, okay, I’m not perfect, but I’m trying.” ― Sara Shepard
219. “I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true that Bang-ups and Hang-ups can happen to you.” ― Dr. Seuss
220. “I had no shoes, and I felt sorry for myself until I met a man who had no feet. I took his shoes. Now I feel better.” ― George Carlin
221. “I’m sorry about yesterday,” she said. He hung on to his straps and shrugged. “Yesterday happens.” ― Rainbow Rowell
222. “I am sorry I couldn’t complete my term as leader. It is necessary for my staff to resign … to regain the people’s trust.” ― Seiji Maehara
223. “I’m sorry to see it end.” ― Michael Jordan
224. “I’m sorry you’re angry is not an apology.” ― Lisa Lutz
225. “I didn’t know you were having a hard time. I really am unqualified to be a teacher. Hurting you there…I’m really sorry.” ― Cheon Eunbi
226. “I’m sorry that I never trusted you. I don’t know how to do that anymore.” ― George R. R. Martin
I’m Sorry Quotes To Maintain A Smooth Relationship
227. “The words are all gone, the time’s been too long but it’s not too late to say I’m sorry to a friend.” — Edwin McCain
228. “There were so many things I have had to say sorry for that I wasn’t sorry about.” — Miley Cyrus
229. “A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable, and always unacceptable.” — Robert Fripp
230. “I’m sorry, I just did a shot.” — Jennifer Lawrence
231. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” — Oscar Wilde
232. “I’m sorry I couldn’t carry the ball over the finish line, but, man, I did try.” — Ann Curry
233. “A relationship becomes easier when you realize that you don’t have to be the one at fault to be the one who’s sorry.” — Robert Breault
234. “So I let her go, too. And I’m sorry.” — John Green
235. “Real repentance means coming not only to be sorry for the consequences of sin but to hate sin itself.” — William Barclay
236. “I am sorry for those that disagree with me because I know that they are wrong.” — Woodrow Wilson
I’m Sorry Quotes For When Something Beyond Control Happens
237. “I’m sorry, but you just made me lose my sense of humor, which is deeply regrettable.” — Larry Wall
238. “I am partly to blame for the decking boom, and I am sorry, I know it?s everywhere these days.” — Alan Titchmarsh
239. “I am right sorry for your heavinesse.” — Geoffrey Chaucer
240. “If ordinary means I have suddenly got to produce a household of kids and iron Peter’s shirts, I’m sorry, I’m not interested.” — Helen Clark
241. “For his sake I’m sorry that Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil, but for our sake and the sake of music I’m glad he did.” — Moby
242. “I’m sorry that the family I was given has created so much chaos in the family I’ve chosen.” — J-Ax
243. “I’m sorry if my traumatized life is an inconvenience to you and your perfect existence.” — Neve Campbell
244. “I am sorry I have not learnt to play at cards. It is very useful in life: it generates kindness, and consolidates society.” — Samuel Johnson
245. “I’m sorry; I ruin people’s interviews because I just talk about rubbish.” — Maisie Williams
246. “I hate to see it go, I’ll tell you that. I played here all my life. Eighteen years I played here and I’m sorry to see it go.” — Yogi Berra
I’m Sorry Quotes To Help Fix Your Wrongs
247. “Hello from the outside. At least I can say that I’ve tried to tell you I’m sorry for breaking your heart.” — Adele
248. “I’m sorry’ won’t fix what’s been broken. But a sincere, humble apology can serve to soften the sting and sometimes do a pretty good patch up job.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
249. “So this is me swallowing my pride, standing in front of you saying I’m sorry for that night.” — Taylor Swift
250. “It’s more than saying sorry. It’s meaning it. It’s letting the apology change things. But an apology is where it has to begin.” — Neil Gaiman
251. “I’m sorry that you’re still hurting.” — Elizabeth Chandler
252. “Forgiveness is a sign that the person who has wronged you means more to you than the wrong they have dealt.” — Ben Greenhalgh
253. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” — Marianne Williamson
254. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” — Robert Quillen
255. “A broken friendship that is mended through forgiveness can be even stronger than it once was.” — Stephen Richards
256. “Sorry doesn’t take things back, but it pushes things forward. It bridges the gap. Sorry is a sacrament. It’s an offering. A gift.” — Craig Silvey
I’m Sorry Quotes To Build A Strong Bond
257. “It’s easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” — Grace Hopper
258. “A truly humble apology works to part storm clouds, calm rough seas, and bring on the soft lights of dawn; it has the power to change a person’s world.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
259. “Apologizing does not always mean you’re wrong and the other person is right. It just means you value your relationship more than your ego.” — Mark Matthews
260. “There’s a small window of opportunity to apologize sometimes after you’ve terribly wronged someone. It closes. Sometimes forever, but it never opens wide enough again for a good breeze.” — Darnell Lamont Walker
261. “You can edit what you write. Why not edit what you say? If it hurts somebody, you can still offer an apology or withdraw your statements.” — Bangambiki Habyarimana
262. “Sorry” can not change the past, but can change the future.” — Sladiana Savic
263. “An apology can be a wonderful thing so long as it is infrequent and from the heart. However, beware of the person who justifies bad behavior with apologies. For them it is a means to an end, and quite often at your expense.” — Gary Hopkins
264. “Sorry may have become “just another word”, but with tears it means the world.” — C.J.
265. “Sacrifice is at the heart of repentance. Without deeds, your apology is worthless.” — Bryan Davis
266. “Apologize! That’s the least you can do to try to make right something you have wronged.” — Sanhita Baruah
I’m Sorry Quotes To Make it Up for Your Wrongs
267. “Takes a man or a woman to say I’m sorry, and it takes a fool to walk away.” — James Brown
268. “I’m sorry and I believe in you and I’ll always be near you, protecting you, and I will never leave you, I’ll be curled around your heart for the rest of your life.” — Jennifer Egan
269. “I’m sorry I kissed you- it was selfish and it upset you- but you can’t ask me to pretend I didnt want to.” — Holly Black
270. “I’m sorry, my lady,” said Geric, rubbing his arm. “But I failed to force an apology out of the offending goose.” — Shannon Hale
271. “There is only one thing harder in this world than forgiving. It’s to ask forgiveness armed only with, ‘I’m sorry’.” — Erma Bombeck
272. “I’m sorry, I’m absolutely convinced that there is at the moment no realistic prospect for very much hope in human affairs.” — George Steiner
273. “I don’t think badly of people. I like everybody, and I’m sorry for everybody.” — Leo Tolstoy
274. “Dexter, I love you so much. So, so much, and I probably always will. I just don’t like you anymore. I’m sorry.” — David Nicholls
275. “I’m sorry. I know you loved her. It was hard not to.” — John Green
276. “Would ‘sorry’ have made any difference? Does it ever? It’s just a word. One word against a thousand actions.” — Sarah Ockler
I’m Sorry Quotes to Help in Making Amends
277. “Sometimes I say stupid things. Sometimes I’m unaware. Sometimes I’ll read you wrong. I’m sorry.” ― Dean Mackin
278. “I’m fairly sure I didn’t show enough gratitude to my employers, and I’m sorry for that.” ― Val Kilmer
279. “For the women out there that I’ve hurt with my male privilege, I’m sorry.” ― Nate Parker
280. “I’m sorry. I can love you. I can grieve for you, or with you. I can share your pain. But I cannot judge you.” ― Lois McMaster Bujold
281. “I love you, Im Meahri. I’m sorry because you suffered alone. For admitting it so late, I am sorry. You aren’t going anywhere now. I am not letting you go anywhere.” ― Yoon Sang-hyun
282. “My mom was never afraid to say, ‘I’m sorry. I screwed up.’ I feel like that’s an important lesson.” ― Miranda Lambert
283. “In order to turn around and do something better, we must first escape the vicious circle of self-righteousness and denial. And that calls for the humility to say “I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”” ― Desmond Tutu
284. “I’m sorry I can’t do more. But happy birthday, Sadie.” He leaned forward and kissed me on the lips.” ― Rick Riordan
285. “I’m sorry. (Valerius) It’s okay. We all have scars. I’m just lucky most of mine are on the outside. (Tabitha)” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon
286. “I’m sorry,” I say. “I didn’t give you everything you wanted. I wasn’t everything you wanted. You were everything I wanted.” ― Kaui Hart Hemmings
Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes?
By itself, saying I’m sorry might not be enough to make everything all right again.
However, it is the right thing to do.
It does a lot of good.
Sometimes along with an apology, you might need to demonstrate that you’ll do better.
Besides, the offended party may not yet be ready to accept your apology, which means you need to allow time to heal the wounds.
All in all, learning to apologize is the vital first step in the healing process.
Hopefully, these I’m sorry quotes have reminded you why saying “sorry” is important.
Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
April 9, 2020 at 10:07 AM
These quotes helped me say sorry to my teacher for wrong doings.