These alone quotes will inspire you if you love to live solo.
The quotes are also suitable for sharing with your friends and family, especially if they live alone.
Before going to our quotes section, look at our tips regarding a solo trip.
So, let’s start reading!
Tips to Travel Alone
If you are planning a trip alone, here are some handy tips:
- Tell your friends and family about your travel plan
- Always devise an emergency plan
- Keep your valuables secure
Tell your Friends and Family about your Travel Plan
This is the most crucial of all the tips we will share with you.
When going on a solo trip, share your travel plans with your family and close friends.
The travel information you can share includes the following:
- Travel itinerary
- Hotel reservation
- Places to visit
- Planned activities
In addition, when on a solo trip, inform the hotel staff where you are going and when you will be back.
As a result, you can stay connected with your loved ones and inform them about your current location.
Always Devise an Emergency Plan
When going out on a trip alone, it would be appropriate to chalk out an emergency plan.
Sort out what you need to do in an emergency.
For instance, you must collect necessary information such as:
- Nearby hospitals
- Police stations
- Other emergency facilities
Also, if you are traveling overseas, try to learn emergency phrases in the native language.
Keep your valuables secure
Traveling alone can be risky, especially if you are heading toward an unknown place or country.
You need to protect your valuables no matter the circumstances, and it all starts with the selection of things you bring.
Make sure to bring with you only those items that are essential.
For instance, bring only one smartphone or a similar device, so you don’t have to carry two or more devices.
Similarly, keep your ID, cash, credit card, and other valuables secure.
The best way to secure these items is to place them in a concealed compartment of your bag.
Also, don’t leave your belongings unattended.
Check out our collection of being alone quotes if you enjoy this article.
Top 10 Alone Quotes
Here are the top 10 alone quotes for you.
1. “To be adult is to be alone.” — Jean Rostand
2. “No dream is ever chased alone.” — Rahul Dravid
3. “I restore myself when I’m alone.” — Marilyn Monroe
4. “To live alone is the fate of all great souls.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
5. “I was never less alone than when by myself.” — Edward Gibbon
6. “When the people you love are gone, you’re alone.” — Keanu Reeves
7. “It is far better to be alone than to be in bad company.” — George Washington
8. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
9. “If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
10. “The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone.” — Henrik Ibsen
Alone Quotes by Actors
The following is a great collection of alone quotes attributed to actors and actresses.
11. “Remember we’re all in this alone.” — Lily Tomlin
12. “You only grow when you are alone.” — Paul Newman
13. “Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.” — Charlie Chaplin
14. “As I get older, I’m more and more comfortable being alone.” — Sienna Miller
15. “It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone — so far.” — Marilyn Monroe
16. “What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.” — Ellen Burstyn
17. “I try to motivate people and inspire them, to let them know that they’re not alone.” — Jason David Frank
18. “I never said, ‘I want to be alone.’ I only said, ‘I want to be left alone.’ There is all the difference.” — Greta Garbo
19. “You come into the world alone, and you go out of the world alone, yet it seems to me you are more alone while living than even going and coming.” — Emily Carr
20. “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.” — Anne Hathaway
Alone Quotes by Writers, Authors & Novelists
The following quotes by various authors and novelists are interesting to read as they reveal their inner thoughts.
21. “I’m very happy alone.” — Octavia E. Butler
22. “It is very easy to love alone.” — Gertrude Stein
23. “A hospital alone shows what war is.” — Erich Maria Remarque
24. “We are rarely proud when we are alone.” — Voltaire
25. “Your life is yours and yours alone. Rise up and live it.” — Terry Goodkind
26. “The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
27. “Your actions, and your action alone, determines your worth.” — Evelyn Waugh
28. “Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.” — Anthony Burgess
29. “The longer one is alone, the easier it is to hear the song of the earth.” — Robert Anton Wilson
30. “Grief can’t be shared. Everyone carries it alone. His own burden in his own way.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Alone Quotes by Musicians & Composers
If you’ve ever wanted to follow in the footsteps of musicians or composers, you’ll find plenty of interest in reading their alone quotes given below.
31. “Leave the atom alone.” — E. Y. Harburg
32. “No man is an island. No man stands alone.” — Dennis Brown
33. “Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice.” — Franz Liszt
35. “The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.” — Justin Timberlake
36. “Talent alone gets you nowhere. You really have to have the grit, and you gotta have a love for people.” — Zac Brown
37. “Recommend virtue to your children; it alone, not money, can make them happy. I speak from experience.” — Ludwig Van Beethoven
38. “I don’t like to produce albums. I hate producing albums, as a matter of fact, because I’m an obsessed mixer, and I can’t leave it alone.” — David Friedman
39. “I was born by myself but carry the spirit and blood of my father, mother, and my ancestors. So I am really never alone. My identity is through that line.” — Ziggy Marley
40. “The good thing about working alone is I get a lot done, and I can experiment more. The bad thing is I miss out on the gregarious, social way that most musicians work.” — Moby
Some More Alone Quotes
Below you will find some exceptional alone quotes for your reading pleasure.
41. “Let your mind alone, and see what happens.” — Virgil Thomson
42. “If you make friends with yourself, you will never be alone.” — Maxwell Maltz
43. “All of our unhappiness comes from our inability to be alone.” — Jean De La Bruyere
44. “The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone.” — Albert Camus
45. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” — Wayne Dyer
46. “I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone because I am the person I know best.” — Frida Kahlo
47. “I think the greatest amount of pressure is the pressure I place on myself. So in a way, I chose to be alone.” — Cathy Freeman
48. “If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.” — George Carlin
49. “Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss.” — Guru Nanak
50. “We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in genders.” — Maya Angelou
Which of these Alone Quotes is your Favorite?
We have created this list to offer you a nice collection of readable and shareable quotes.
We hope you have enjoyed these quotes.
Sharing these quotes with others will also help them have some fun.
In addition, we have also placed the quotes under their relevant sections.
So, finding your preferred alone quotes won’t be that difficult.
If you have found a quote that fascinates you the most, don’t forget to share it with us.
Use the comments section below.