If you want to make this your best year yet, these wellness quotes can help you achieve a better life.
There are multiple sides of wellness that you need to consider if you want to live a better life.
When most people think of wellness they instantly think of their physical health.
And while this is a very important part of being well it’s not the only thing.
It’s also important that you focus on your mental health.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Things like anxiety and depression impact a large number of people each year and can get in the way of your ability to maintain your wellness.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful wellness quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read these positive thinking quotes for a new perspective.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Importance of mental wellness quotes
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”- Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on skincare quotes.
2. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.”- Robert Urich
You will also enjoy our article on healthcare quotes.
3. “To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.”- Francois La Rochefoucauld
You will also enjoy our article on self care quotes.
4. “A child’s mental health is just as important as their physical health.”- Kate Middleton
You will also enjoy our article on movement quotes.
5. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.”- Winston Churchill
You will also enjoy our article on sunday quotes.
6. “There is no health without mental health; mental health is too important to be left to the professionals alone, and mental health is everyone’s business.” — Vikram Patel
7. “Mental health can be just as important as physical health – and major depression is one of the most commonly diagnosed mental illnesses.” — Michael Greger
8. “It’s up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind.”― Steve Maraboli
9. “What does your anxiety do? It does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but it empties today of its strength. It does not make you escape the evil; it makes you unfit to cope with it if it comes.” ― Raymond L. Cramer
10. “People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important. I see people suffering, and their families feel a sense of shame about it, which doesn’t help. One needs support and understanding. I am now working on an initiative to create awareness about anxiety and depression and help people.” — Deepika Padukone
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes expressing the power of making healthy choices.
Healthy eating and wellness quotes
11. “Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness.” – Louise Hart
12. “Health requires healthy food.”- Roger Williams
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
13. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.”- Mark Twain
You will also enjoy our article on thursday quotes.
14. “We are what we repeatedly eat. Healthy eating is not an act, but a habit.”- Felicity Luckey
You will also enjoy our article on balance quotes.
15. “One cannot think, love, sleep well if one has not dined well.”- Virginia Woolf
You will also enjoy our article on addiction quotes.
16. “Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.”- Heather Morgan
You will also enjoy our article on sleep quotes.
17. “What most people don’t realize is that food is not just calories: It’s information. It actually contains messages that communicate to every cell in the body.”- Dr. Mark Hyman
18. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.”- Errick McAdams
19. “Don’t ask why healthy food is so expensive. Ask why junk food is so cheap.”- NutitionSnob
You will also enjoy our article on fighting cancer quotes.
20. “Those who have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find the time for illness.’’- Edward Stanley
21. “Sorry, there’s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.”- Morgan Spurlock
22. “When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count calories.”- Amanda Kraft
23. “Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night instead of one a day just isn’t going to get the job done.” – Jim Rohn
24. “Want to learn to eat a lot? Here it is: Eat a little. That way, you will be around long enough to eat a lot.” – Anthony Robbins
25. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
Also read these manifestation quotes that will inspire you to fight for the life you desire.
Exercise and wellness quotes
26. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.” – Unknown
27. “Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
28. “We do not stop exercising because we grow old – we grow old because we stop exercising.”- Dr. Kenneth Cooper
29. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” – Jack Lalanne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of exercise quotes to inspire long term thinking.
30. “I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Mohammad Ali
31. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basic of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.”- John F. Kennedy
32. “You can’t be fat and fast, too; so lift, run diet, and work.”- Hank Stram
33. “A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” – Joan Welsh
34. “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.” – Julius Erving
35. “Most of us think we don’t have enough time to exercise. What a distorted paradigm! We don’t have time not to. We’re talking about three to six hours a week – or a minimum of thirty minutes a day, every other day. That hardly seems an inordinate amount of time considering the tremendous benefits in terms of the impact on the other 162 – 165 hours of the week.” – Stephen Covey
36. “The difference between someone who is in shape, and someone who is not in shape, is the individual who is in shape works out even when they do not want to.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
Motivational wellness quotes
37. “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” – Leigh Hunt
38. “A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.” – Tom Stoppard
39. “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
40. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” – William Shakespeare
41. “Today is your day to start fresh, to eat right, to train hard, to live healthy, to be proud.” – Bonnie Pfiester
42. “The key to a healthy life is having a healthy mind.” – Richard Davidson
43. “The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.”― Charles F. Glassman
Also check out these wise Bhagavad Gita quotes for when you seek inspiration and wisdom.
Wellness quotes to inspire and teach
44. “And every person can benefit from talking to somebody. I’m the most anti-medication person, but some people need medicine, and there was a time where I needed some too.” — Miley Cyrus
45. “The body is like a piano, and happiness is like music. It is needful to have the instrument in good order.” – Henry Ward Beecher
46. “By cleansing your body on a regular basis and eliminating as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed possible!” – Dr. Edward Group III
47. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
48. “I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.”- Voltaire
49. “If your body’s not right, the rest of your day will go all wrong. Take care of yourself.”- V.L. Allineare
50. “The groundwork for all happiness is health.”- Leigh Hunt
You might also like these grace quotes to feed your soul.
More wellness quotes and sayings
51. “Health isn’t about being “perfect” with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It’s about nourishing your spirit as well as your body.” – Golda Poretsky
52. “Life is a tragedy of nutrition.” – Arnold Ehret
53. “When you do not have your health, nothing else matters at all.” – Augusten Burroughs
54. “It’s important to point out that mental health is more about wellness rather than sickness.” – Matt Purcell
55. “The wellness remembers the deep living of the wound, & so is happier than any easy health.” – Taisia Kitaiskaia
56. “Relaxation and anxiety are incompatible responses that cannot coexist.” – Andy Kamen
Don’t forget to also check out these empowering breast cancer quotes to raise awareness.
57. “Our health is what we make of it – give it attention and it improves, give it none and it subsides.” – John F. Demartini
58. “Beautiful food and health are priceless.” – Bryant McGill
59. “Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown
60. “Negativity is positively bad for your health.” – Eleanor Brown
61. “No matter how much it gets abused, the body can restore balance. The first rule is to stop interfering with nature.” ~ Deepak Chopra
62. “Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness.” ~ Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
63. “I think you might dispense with half your doctors if you would only consult Dr. Sun more.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
64. “Healthy eating is a way of life, so it’s important to establish routines that are simple, realistically, and ultimately livable.” ~ Arthur Agatston
65. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” ~ Bethenny Frankel
Thought-provoking wellness quotes
66. “Drinking water is essential to a healthy lifestyle.” – Stephen Curry
67. “Health is a state of body. Wellness is a state of being.” – J. Stanford
68. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” – Abraham Maslow
69. “Remember that any exercise is better than no exercise.” – Unknown
70. “A great hallmark of mental wellness is the ability to be in the present moment, fully and with no thoughts of being elsewhere.” – Wayne Dyer
71. “Having a lot of friends and family around you – that’s all a part of wellness.” – Stella Maxwell
72. “Cooking at home is a great wellness trend simply because you know exactly what goes into your meal and you can tweak it to your tastes.” – Pooja Bedi
73. “Health is a vehicle, not a destination.” – Joshua Fields Millburn
74. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
75. “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
76. “Health is not valued until sickness comes.” – Thomas Fuller
Wellness quotes to support a traditional lifestyle
77. “Sometimes weight gain isn’t a lack of willpower. Sometimes it’s a sign of having enough strength to allow yourself to heal, despite cultural expectations. –Fallon Lee
78. “Restoring my health started with reconnecting to my femininity.” –Kori Meloy
79. “You cannot mess up your healing process, unless you quit.” –Real Food Gangstas
80. “The shame surrounding women’s hunger has twisted women to glorify not being hungry and feel ashamed when they have a strong appetite.” –Jessica Ash
81. “This is about health and longevity! Nourishing your body into balance. Forget the scales. Focus on real health markers.” –Noelle Kowalski
82. “People who lived and ate traditionally experienced vibrant health.” –Dr. Kama Mico
83. “The number one tip for glowing skin is not the skin products but the food you’re eating.” –Emilie Toups
84. “As long as you have a vehicle, it requires maintenance. If vehicles are under stress, have an accident or run out of some fluid, they need extra maintenance. Our bodies are the same way. Self-care and health are lifestyle. To stay healthy in this world, we need to have a lifestyle that supports our health.” –Eileen McKusick
85. “There is no official message of, ‘Let’s get healthy, America. Let’s get healthy in this world,’ but we can ask, ‘What can we do to be better, stronger, more vibrant and more resilient human beings?’” –Hilary Boynton
86. “Let gathering food be thy medicine. Walk around and interact with nature. There are so many benefits for your brain in being stimulated by all the sensory input from nature. Go out, walk around, talk to people, interact with nature and get the benefits from it.”
You might also like these inspirational morning quotes to help you seize the day.
Wellness quotes to keep you fit and strong
87. “Eliminating the things you love is not wellness. Wellness feeds your soul and makes you feel good.” – Iman
88. “Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind, and spirit – the realization that everything we do, think, feel, and believe has an effect on our state of well-being.” – Greg Anderson
89. “Wellness is associated with happiness. When you’re happy, you’re feeling good in your mind and body. That ties into being healthy, eating well, and exercising regularly. It also ties into being excited about things – like getting up in the morning and having a healthy breakfast.” – Stella Maxwell
90. “There are six components of wellness: proper weight and diet, proper exercise, breaking the smoking habit, control of alcohol, stress management and periodic exams.” – Kenneth H. Cooper
91. “As I get older, I think about the quality of my life and a balanced way to enjoy that. That’s true wellness – being well from inside out.” – Anna Kaiser
92. “So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” – A.J. Reb Materi
93. “Every living cell in your body is made from the food you eat. If you consistently eat junk food then you’ll have a junk body.” – Jeanette Jenkins
94. “Half the costs of illness are wasted on conditions that could be prevented.” – Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
95. “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
96. “Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.” – Thomas Jefferson
Wellness quotes from a holistic perspective
97. “Fitness for me is wellness. It means being healthy – mentally and physically.” –Suniel Shetty
98. “I appreciate health care that gets to the root cause of our symptoms and promotes wellness, rather than the one-size-fits-all drug-based approach to treating disease. I love maintaining an optimal quality of life – naturally.” –Suzanne Somers
99. “Nutrition is very important to me for both my own health and wellness, but also for my children.” –Christine Anstead
100. “When things start to feel whacky I’ll either walk in the woods or ride or sit. I’ll then focus on wellness, affirmations and goals.” –Yannick Bisson
101. “There is a point where you have to start regaining yourself and managing your time, and your mental wellness.” –Denise Lewis
102. “Health and wellness does mean different things to different people.” –Denise Morrison
103. “Wellness, I came to realize, will not happen by accident. It must be a daily practice, especially for those of us who are more susceptible to the oppressiveness of the world.” –Jenna Wortham
104. “Taking care of myself used to be at the bottom of my list, but I’m all about wellness.” –Caroline Ghosn
105. “Wellness is not a ‘medical fix’ but a way of living – a lifestyle sensitive and responsive to all the dimensions of body, mind, and spirit, an approach to life we each design to achieve our highest potential for well-being now and forever.” –Greg Anderson
106. “Encouraging wellness and prevention helps improve quality of life and can lower costs, too. I saw too many patients who had poor health because of their decisions, but too often, all they needed was a doctor to help point them in the right direction.” –Charles Boustany
Wellness quotes to inspire you to eat healthy
107. “Came from a plant, eat it; was made in a plant, don’t.” – Michael Pollan
108. “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” – Thomas Edison
109. “Let food be thy medicine, thy medicine shall be thy food.” – Hippocrates
110. “The first wealth is health.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
111. “Proper nutrition is the difference between feeling exhausted and getting the most out of a workout.” – Summer Sanders
112. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
113. “Healthy eating isn’t about counting fat grams, dieting, cleanses and antioxidants; it’s about eating food untouched from the way we find it in nature in a balanced way.” – Pooja Mottl
114. “By choosing healthy over skinny, you are choosing self-love over self-judgment.” – Steve Maraboli
115. “Eating healthy food fills your body with energy and nutrients. Imagine your cells smiling back at you and saying: ‘Thank you!’” – Karen Salmansohn
116. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
Additional wellness quotes about living a healthy life
117. “Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
118. “You can’t control what goes on outside, but you can control what goes on inside.” – Unknown
119. “You can’t exercise your way out of a bad diet.” – Dr. Mark Hyman
120. “The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.” – Kenneth H. Cooper
121. “Make eating fruits and vegetables a priority. This is so simple and beneficial, yet most people don’t do it.” – Nia Shanks
122. “A healthy lifestyle includes exercise, nutrition, healthy sleep patterns and a healthy group of friends.” – Sophie Gregoire Trudeau
123. “Only a healthy lifestyle will help you achieve a fit body. No shortcuts.” – Zareen Khan
124. “It’s never too early or too late to work towards being the healthiest you.” – Unknown
125. “Being healthy is a success that many people forget to celebrate.” – Unknown
126. “Keep healthy veggies at home, so you’ll snack on healthy veggies.”- Karen Salmansohn
Wellness Quotes On Importance Of Maintaining Good Health
127. “Games are such a powerful intervention in health and wellness.” — Jane McGonigal
128. “Even people who aren’t sick may not have optimal wellness.” — Brian Carter
129. “Wellness is not the absence of pain ….. But the absence of limitation” — Pete Egoscue
130. “Committing to a lifetime of wellness is not a luxury-it’s a necessity. You’ll never have enough time; you have to make the time.” — Oprah Winfrey
131. “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” — Doug Larson
132. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” — Jim Davis
133. “Jogging is very beneficial. It’s good for your legs and your feet. It’s also very good for the ground. It makes it feel needed.” — Charles M. Schulz
134. “Doctors are always working to preserve our health and cooks to destroy it, but the latter are more often successful.” — Denis Diderot
135. “You can do a lot for your diet by eliminating foods that have mascots.” — Ted Spiker
136. “One should eat to live, not live to eat.” — Moliere
Wellness Quotes for Living a Healthy Lifestyle
137. “A balanced life is like a three legged stool. Each leg – nutrition, fitness and wellness- is necessary and supports the other.” ― Ellie Krieger
138. “Because we are interested in promoting wellness, we will integrate medicine with performing arts, arts and crafts, agriculture, recreation, nature, and social service.” ― Patch Adams
139. “Sometimes the road to wellness isnt a well-marked expressway.” ― Scott Jurek
140. “I know a lot about health, wellness, and nutrition. I make my own kombucha. I’m clumsy.” ― Claudia Black
141. “I’ve always wanted to be in the health and wellness business. I try to encourage people to live a healthy lifestyle.” ― Mark Wahlberg
142. “Wellness is cheaper than illness. It costs us time and money when children get sick.” ― Thomas Carper
143. “Metaphysicians tell us that it is easier to get the body well than to get the mind to realize its wellness.” ― Alice Hegan Rice
144. “Becoming a mother has made me even more aware and more passionate about nutrition and wellness. So much so that I am now a certified health coach practitioner.” ― Miranda Kerr
145. “I personally think fitness is a very important part of skincare and overall health and wellness and beauty. I think that the skin is our largest organ.” ― Gwyneth Paltrow
146. “The wellness and prevention market will outgrow the health care market.” ― Leroy Hood
Wellness Quotes To Help Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
147. “Good health is the mind, body, and soul living in harmony as one. Health is a state of body. Wellness is a state of being.” ― J. Standord
148. “You can set yourself up to be sick, or you can choose to stay well.” ― Wayne Dyer
149. “Wellness within is mindfulness and acceptance of what you are, what you feel inside and how it’s always changing. That process is helped by being attentive to the breath as it moves through the body.” ― Rodney Yee
150. “And I believe that the best buy in public health today must be a combination of regular physical exercise and a healthy diet.” ― Julie Bishop
151. “Awareness of wellness about you will throw away the ignorance of illness.” ― Ebinezar Gnanasekaran
152. “Exercise is a wellness tool, not a weight loss tool.” ― Steve Dimon
153. “God gave me a great body and it’s my duty to take care of my physical temple.” ― Jean-Claude Van Damme
154. “When people take greater ownership of their own health care and are encouraged to do that in a health plan, their health gets better. They pursue more wellness opportunities.” ― Mike Pence
155. “I put a lot of time and effort into the exercise I get, the amount of rest and sleep I get, and the amount I eat. And I think those three things are really kind of my wellness and health foundation.” ― Jennifer Ashton
156. “And… you know, to be healthy, that is important too. No sweets or guilty pleasures! Only broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots.” ― Joan S.
Find what works for you
Each person is a little different when it comes to being physically and mentally well.
One person might feel the need to talk to a therapist on a regular basis while another finds it helps them to journal and meditate daily.
Some may like to hit the gym for weightlifting each day while others prefer to go for a walk and get out in nature.
It’s important that you find what works best for you.
When you do this, you’ll be more likely to stick with doing those activities.
And when you stick with them consistently, you’ll be able to start living your best life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these wellness quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.