If you want to make this your best year yet, these wellness quotes can help you achieve a better life.
There are multiple sides of wellness that you need to consider if you want to live a better life. When most people think of wellness they instantly think of their physical health. And while this is a very important part of being well it’s not the only thing.
It’s also important that you focus on your mental health. Things like anxiety and depression impact a large number of people each year and can get in the way of your ability to maintain your wellness.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful wellness quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read these positive thinking quotes for a new perspective.
Importance of mental wellness quotes
1. “It’s up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind.”― Steve Maraboli
2. “What does your anxiety do? It does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but it empties today of its strength. It does not make you escape the evil; it makes you unfit to cope with it if it comes.” ― Raymond L. Cramer
3. “Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness.” – Louise Hart
4. “A child’s mental health is just as important as their physical health.”- Kate Middleton
5. “People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important. I see people suffering, and their families feel a sense of shame about it, which doesn’t help. One needs support and understanding. I am now working on an initiative to create awareness about anxiety and depression and help people.” — Deepika Padukone
6. “There is no health without mental health; mental health is too important to be left to the professionals alone, and mental health is everyone’s business.” — Vikram Patel
7. “Mental health can be just as important as physical health – and major depression is one of the most commonly diagnosed mental illnesses.” — Michael Greger
8. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”-Mahatma Gandhi
9. “A healthy outside starts from the inside.”- Robert Urich
10. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.”- Winston Churchill
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes expressing the power of making healthy choices.
Healthy eating and wellness quotes
11. “To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.”- Francois La Rochefoucauld
12. “Health requires healthy food.”- Roger Williams
13. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.”- Mark Twain
14. “We are what we repeatedly eat. Healthy eating is not an act, but a habit.”- Felicity Luckey
15. “One cannot think, love, sleep well if one has not dined well.”- Virginia Woolf
16. “Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.”- Heather Morgan
17. “What most people don’t realize is that food is not just calories: It’s information. It actually contains messages that communicate to every cell in the body.”- Dr. Mark Hyman
18. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.”- Errick McAdams
19. “Don’t ask why healthy food is so expensive. Ask why junk food is so cheap.”- NutitionSnob
20. “Those who have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find the time for illness.’’- Edward Stanley
21. “Sorry, there’s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.”- Morgan Spurlock
22. “When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count calories.”- Amanda Kraft
23. “Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night instead of one a day just isn’t going to get the job done.” – Jim Rohn
24. “Want to learn to eat a lot? Here it is: Eat a little. That way, you will be around long enough to eat a lot.” – Anthony Robbins
25. “Any food that requires enhancing by the use of chemical substances should in no way be considered a food.” – John H. Tobe
Also read these manifestation quotes that will inspire you to fight for the life you desire.
Exercise and wellness quotes
26. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.” – Unknown
27. “Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
28. “We do not stop exercising because we grow old – we grow old because we stop exercising.”- Dr. Kenneth Cooper
29. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” – Jack Lalanne
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of exercise quotes to inspire long term thinking.
30. “I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Mohammad Ali
31. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basic of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.”- John F. Kennedy
32. “You can’t be fat and fast, too; so lift, run diet, and work.”- Hank Stram
33. “A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.” – Joan Welsh
34. “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.” – Julius Erving
35. “Most of us think we don’t have enough time to exercise. What a distorted paradigm! We don’t have time not to. We’re talking about three to six hours a week – or a minimum of thirty minutes a day, every other day. That hardly seems an inordinate amount of time considering the tremendous benefits in terms of the impact on the other 162 – 165 hours of the week.” – Stephen Covey
36. “The difference between someone who is in shape, and someone who is not in shape, is the individual who is in shape works out even when they do not want to.” – Unknown
Motivational wellness quotes
37. “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” – Leigh Hunt
38. “A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.” – Tom Stoppard
39. “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
40. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” – William Shakespeare
41. “Today is your day to start fresh, to eat right, to train hard, to live healthy, to be proud.” – Bonnie Pfiester
42. “The key to a healthy life is having a healthy mind.” – Richard Davidson
43. “The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.”― Charles F. Glassman
Also check out these wise Bhagavad Gita quotes for when you seek inspiration and wisdom.
Wellness quotes to inspire and teach
44. “And every person can benefit from talking to somebody. I’m the most anti-medication person, but some people need medicine, and there was a time where I needed some too.” — Miley Cyrus
45. “The body is like a piano, and happiness is like music. It is needful to have the instrument in good order.” – Henry Ward Beecher
46. “By cleansing your body on a regular basis and eliminating as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed possible!” – Dr. Edward Group III
47. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
48. “I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.”- Voltaire
49. “If your body’s not right, the rest of your day will go all wrong. Take care of yourself.”- V.L. Allineare
50. “The groundwork for all happiness is health.”- Leigh Hunt
More wellness quotes and sayings
51. “Health isn’t about being “perfect” with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It’s about nourishing your spirit as well as your body.” – Golda Poretsky
52. “Life is a tragedy of nutrition.” – Arnold Ehret
53. “When you do not have your health, nothing else matters at all.” – Augusten Burroughs
54. “It’s important to point out that mental health is more about wellness rather than sickness.” – Matt Purcell
55. “The wellness remembers the deep living of the wound, & so is happier than any easy health.” – Taisia Kitaiskaia
56. “Relaxation and anxiety are incompatible responses that cannot coexist.” – Andy Kamen
57. “Our health is what we make of it – give it attention and it improves, give it none and it subsides.” – John F. Demartini
58. “Beautiful food and health are priceless.” – Bryant McGill
59. “Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown
60. “Negativity is positively bad for your health.” – Eleanor Brown
Find what works for you
Each person is a little different when it comes to being physically and mentally well. One person might feel the need to talk to a therapist on a regular basis while another finds it helps them to journal and meditate daily. Some may like to hit the gym for weightlifting each day while others prefer to go for a walk and get out in nature.
It’s important that you find what works best for you. When you do this, you’ll be more likely to stick with doing those activities. And when you stick with them consistently, you’ll be able to start living your best life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these wellness quotes and sayings? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 3, 2021 5:39 AM EST