These Jon Gordon quotes from the best-selling author and expert in business and leadership will inspire you to be a better leader and teammate.
Jon Gordon is an author and motivational speaker who specializes in helping teams become stronger, and, ultimately, more successful. He has worked with numerous big-name brands and some of his clients include major companies like Southwest Airlines, The Los Angeles Dodgers, Campbell’s Soup, and Northwestern Mutual.
Gordon is the author of 20 books, 8 of which became best sellers. His most well-known book is The Energy Bus, published in 2007. The Energy Bus teaches readers how to face challenges in with a positive mindset in order to live a successful life.
We hope our list of Jon Gordon quotes helps motivate you to live a successful life.
Don’t forget to also check out these leadership quotes that will spark your fire.
Jon Gordon quotes about teamwork
1. “Communication builds trust. Trust generates commitment. Commitment fosters teamwork. Teamwork delivers results.” — Jon Gordon
2. “Great team members hold each other accountable to the high standards and excellence their culture expects and demands.” — Jon Gordon
3. “Great teams care more. They care more about their effort, their work, and their team members.” — Jon Gordon
4. “If you want to be truly great you have to work as hard to be a great teammate as you do to be a great player.” — Jon Gordon
5. “It’s all about teamwork. Sometimes you are the star and sometimes you help the star.” — Jon Gordon
6. “Team beats talent when talent isn’t a team.” — Jon Gordon
7. “Teams rise and fall on culture, leadership, relationships, attitude and effort.” — Jon Gordon
8. “We > me.” — Jon Gordon
9. “Your team doesn’t care if you are a superstar. They care if you are a super team member.” — Jon Gordon
Jon Gordon quotes about leadership
10. “A leader brings out the best within others by sharing the best within themselves.” — Jon Gordon
11. “As a leader, it is so important that your words equal your actions.” — Jon Gordon
12. “Great leaders know that success is a process, not a destination.” — Jon Gordon
13. “Leaders inspire and teach their people to focus on solutions, not complaints.” — Jon Gordon
14. “Leadership is not just about what you do but what you can inspire, encourage and empower others to do.” — Jon Gordon
15. “People follow the leader first and the leader’s vision second.” — Jon Gordon
16. “Transformational coaches invest in the root and, over time, it produces a lot of fruit.” — Jon Gordon
17. “Trust is the force that connects people to the leader and his/her vision.” — Jon Gordon
Jon Gordon quotes about overcoming challenges
18. “No challenge can stop you if you have the courage to keep moving forward in the face of your greatest fears and biggest challenges. Be courageous.” — Jon Gordon
19. “Remember, life gives us warnings for a reason. Learn from this. Do things differently.” — Jon Gordon
20. “Don’t look at your challenges; look up and look out into the future.” — Jon Gordon
21. “Don’t focus on your circumstances. Focus on the right beliefs that will help you build your success.” — Jon Gordon
22. “You and your team face a fork in the road each day. You can settle for average and choose the path of mediocrity or you can take the road less traveled and chase greatness.” — Jon Gordon
23. “Adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome than you can imagine!” — Jon Gordon
24. “You haven’t failed until you stop trying.” — Jon Gordon
25. “Often the difference between success and failure is belief.” — Jon Gordon
Jon Gordon quotes about attitude
26. “3 things you can control every day: 1. Attitude 2. Effort 3. Actions to be a great teammate.” — Jon Gordon
27. “Being positive won’t guarantee you’ll succeed. But being negative will guarantee you won’t.” — Jon Gordon
28. “Don’t tell the world your mission statement. Show the world you are on a mission.” — Jon Gordon
29. “How you see the world determines the world you see.” — Jon Gordon
30. “Lead with optimism, enthusiasm and positive energy, guard against pessimism and weed out negativity.” — Jon Gordon
31. “My life is a gift not an obligation and I Get To make the most of it.” — Jon Gordon
32. “One negative person can create a miserable office environment for everyone else.” — Jon Gor
33. “One person can’t make a team but one person can break a team. Stay positive!” — Jon Gordon
34. “Positivity is like a boomerang. The more we put it out there, the more it comes back to us.” — Jon Gordon
35. “Your optimism today will determine your level of success tomorrow.” — Jon Gordon
36. “There is certainly a lot of negativity in the world and choosing positive energy helps us deal with the negative people and negative situations that can knock us off course.” — Jon Gordon
Jon Gordon quotes on mental toughness
37. “Thoughts are magnetic. What we think about we attract.” — Jon Gordon
38. “When you believe, the impossible becomes possible.” — Jon Gordon
39. “What you believe will become what is true.” — Jon Gordon
40. “The goal in life is to live young, have fun, and arrive at your final destination—as late as possible—with a smile on your face because this would mean that you truly enjoyed the ride.” — Jon Gordon
41. “Positive energy and positive people create positive results.” — Jon Gordon
42. “Throughout the day, anytime you find yourself feeling stressed or wanting to complain, stop for 10 seconds, and breathe. Count your breaths and your blessings.” — Jon Gordon
43. “It’s about mental toughness. Mental toughness is everything.” — Jon Gordon
More inspiring Jon Gordon quotes
44. “It is imperative that you make sure that you go through a self-evaluation process on an almost daily basis to make sure that your actions are in line with your words.” — Jon Gordon
45. “You must do what you say and say what you do.” — Jon Gordon
46. “I believe you become great when you help others become great.” — Jon Gordon
47. “It’s easy to be average. It’s hard to be great. But it’s well worth the effort.” — Jon Gordon
48. “Successful people do ordinary things with extraordinary consistency, commitment and focus.” — Jon Gordon
49. “The key to success is to be a lifelong learner who continuously works hard to improve.” — Jon Gordon
50. “We don’t get burned out because of what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it. Purpose keeps you fresh.” — Jon Gordon
How tough is your mental state?
Our mindset affects every area of our life, from our money to our relationships to our happiness. When you face a challenge, is your first instinct to get mad, frustrated, or upset? Or are you solution-oriented? Do you keep a positive perspective?
Through his books, his relations with his clients, and the audiences that he has spoken in front of, Jon Gordon has helped millions of people around the world keep a positive perspective in order to help them find success in life.
Our perspective is everything. If you go through life with a negative attitude, you are unlikely to find success. You will also likely end up as a bad teammate and an even worse leader. Keeping a positive mindset is the first step on the way to bettering your life.
Did you enjoy these Jon Gordon quotes and sayings? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
May 4, 2021 7:00 AM EST