These beautiful waves quotes and sayings will make you want to visit the ocean.
The sight and sound of waves at the beach has an incredibly calming effect. These quotes about waves highlight the strength and beauty of a swelling sea. Whether you love surfing, swimming, or just relaxing on the sand, it’s hard not to love the waves in the ocean.
Have you ever gone to the beach just to enjoy the sound of waves on the shore?
Waves are the most inspirational and powerful aspect of the beach. Watching the sun set behind the dancing waters will take your breath away. Picture yourself on a gorgeous, wavy coast the next time you want to relax. Read these waves quotes to set the mood and ease your mind.
If you want to ride a wave, try reading these quotes first to better understand them. Being amongst the ocean waves as they crash along the shore is a magical experience.
Read this collection of inspiring quotes to truly connect with the waves. If you love sand, sun, and salt, you’ll definitely enjoy this lovely list of sayings and phrases.
Don’t forget to also read these ocean quotes that inspire beauty and depth.
Beautiful waves quotes that will make you want to visit the ocean
1. “The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea.” – Vladimir Nabokov
2. “Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
3. “I wish to spend a lifetime near a lighthouse where loneliness will be the glimmer of luminous prancing upon ocean waves… rising and falling only for my breathing.” – Munia Khan
4. “Just take your time – wave comes. Let the other guys go, catch another one.” – Duke Kahanamoku
5. “When you do dance, I wish you a wave o’ the sea, that you might ever do nothing but that.” – William Shakespeare
6. “The waves broke and spread their waters swiftly over the shore. One after another they massed themselves and fell; the spray tossed itself back with the energy of their fall. The waves were steeped deep-blue save for a pattern of diamond-pointed light on their backs which rippled as the backs of great horses ripple with muscles as they move. The waves fell; withdrew and fell again, like the thud of a great beast stamping.” – Virginia Woolf
7. “You’re not a wave, you’re a part of the ocean.” – Mitch Albom
8. “Her happiness floated like waves of ocean along the coast of her life. She found lyrics of her life in his arms but she never sung her song.” – Santosh Kalwar
9. “It’s a wonderful metaphor, catching a wave, for how you can look at other challenges in your life.” – Jeff Bridges
10. “There is no new wave, only the sea.” – Claude Chabrol
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of sea quotes to invoke depth and exploration.
Waves quotes to lift your spirits
11. “When they are gay, the waves echo their gaiety; but when they are sad, then every breaker, as it rolls, seems to bring additional sadness, and to speak to us of hopelessness and of the pettiness of all our joys.” – Baroness Orczy
12. “Life is a wave, which in no two consecutive moments of its existence is composed of the same particles.” – John Tyndall
13. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
14. “Waves are inspiring not because they rise and fail, but because each time they fall. They never fail to rise again.” – Josh Billings
15. “I found myself in a sea in which the waves of joy and sorrow were clashing against each other.” – Naguib Mahfouz
16. “Just like the ocean always in love with the moon.” – Jeff Buckley
17. “When the wild wave meets the calm beach, when anger reaches tranquillity, anger disappears, serenity triumphs, the wave experiences enlightenment!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
18. “The waves of the sea help me get back to me.” – Jill Davis
19. “Don’t worry if you’re making waves simply by being yourself. The moon does it all the time.” – Scott Stabile
20. “Listen to the sound of waves within you.” – Rumi
Also check out these California quotes and sayings that will make you want to pack a bag for the coast.
Waves quotes to bring you inner peace
21. “Feelings are much like waves: we can’t stop them from coming, but we can choose which one to surf.” – Jonatan Mårtensson
22. “Waves are the voices of tides. Tides are life.” – Tamora Pierce
23. “For a surfer, it’s never-ending. There’s always some wave you want to surf.” – Kelly Slater
24. “The sea, to be happy, like hearts, must be stirred.” – Will Advise
25. “You never really know what’s coming. A small wave, or maybe a big one. All you can really do is hope that when it comes, you can surf over it, instead of drown in its monstrosity.” – Alysha Speer
26. “You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.” – Henry David Thoreau
27. “The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
28. “Love was like the waves in the sea, gentle and good sometimes, rough and terrible at others, but that it was endless and stronger than the sky and earth and everything in between.” – Veronica Rossi
29. “Let the world be as it is and learn to rock with the waves.” – Joseph Campbell
30. “Be like the cliff against which the waves continually break; but it stands firm and tames the fury of the water around it.” – Marcus Aurelius
Waves quotes to ease your mind
31. “I like being in warm weather. I find that relaxes me. I like being near water. I like sitting on a beach and sort of hearing the water, watching waves break, looking at the shimmering. I find that really relaxing.” – Stephen A. Schwarzman
32. “I love the smell of rain, and I love the sound of the ocean waves.” – Amy Purdy
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of rain quotes that will help wash away the stress and bring you the happiness you deserve.
33. “Dance with the waves, move with the sea. Let the rhythm of the water set your soul free.” – Christy Ann Martine
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of dance quotes to help you find the perfect words about movement.
34. “The sea is a desert of waves, A wilderness of water.” – Langston Hughes
35. “Currents shift and move but it’s only where the water breaks that the wave becomes visible. A pandemonium occurs, where substances collide, and then something new comes into being.” – Clare Strahan
36. “Surfing waves of water or clouds of powder snow is the best feeling on earth.” – Hannah Teter
37. “Just like a sunbeam can’t separate itself from the sun, and a wave can’t separate itself from the ocean, we can’t separate ourselves from one another. We are all part of a vast sea of love, one indivisible divine mind.” – Marianne Williamson
38. “Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand.” – Muhammad Ali
39. “But where, after all, would be the poetry of the sea were there no wild waves?” – Joshua Slocum
40. “Neither can the wave that has passed by be recalled, nor the hour which has passed return again.” – Ovid
You might also like these surfing quotes that will inspire you to visit the ocean and hang ten on the waves.
More waves quotes and sayings that will delight you
41. “Complete peace equally reigns between two mental waves.” – Swami Sivananda
42. “A wave can kill you. Or you can ride it. It’s sometimes more dangerous to shy away. You can’t live your life in fear. You have to be prepared to get on your board and stand on your feet. If you are in the barrel of a wave you have to ignore the fear. You have to be in that moment. You have to carve on through. You get scared, and the next thing you know you are off your board and smashing your head on a rock. I’m never going to live in fear.” – Matt Haig
43. “Let the waves carry you where the light can not.” – Mohit Kaushik
44. “Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear.” – Buzzy Trent
45. “In a mind clear as still water, even the waves, breaking, are reflecting its light.” – Dogen
46. “Being creative on the waves is challenging, but we each create art in our own way.” – Bethany Hamilton
47. “The castle of Cair Paravel on its little hill towered up above them; before them were the sands, with rocks and little pools of salt water, and seaweed, and the smell of the sea and long miles of bluish-green waves breaking for ever and ever on the beach. And oh, the cry of the seagulls! Have you ever heard it? Can you remember?” – C. S. Lewis
48. “Just as the ocean has waves or the sun has rays, so the minds’s own radiance is its thoughts and emotions.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
49. “The secret of success is to be in harmony with existence, to be always calm to let each wave of life wash us a little farther up the shore.” – Cyril Connolly
50. “Life comes at us in waves. We can’t predict or control those waves, but we can learn to surf.” – Dan Millman
We also have a collection of water quotes about life and progress. Be sure to also check that out.
Which of these inspirational waves quotes brightens your day the most?
Waves are a powerful and beautiful force of nature. These quotes about waves will have you ready to dive straight into the water. Have you ever gone to the beach just to enjoy the sound of waves on the shore? Picture yourself in this peaceful environment whenever you read through this inspiring list of waves quotes.
If you love the sandy beach and the waves in the ocean, these sayings will delight you. Share these incredible quotes with your friends and family to ignite their passion for the sea.
This collection of the best waves quotes will lift up your spirits. If you enjoy going to the beach, you’ll love these inspirational words of wisdom. Transport your mind to the coast and release the tension from your body and mind. Read these beachy quotes if you ever seek inspiration or inner peace.
What are your favorite waves quotes and sayings? Let us know in the comment section below.