These sacrifice quotes will change your perspective on true love, friendship, and success.
It may seem scary or upsetting to make a sacrifice, but sometimes self-sacrifice is necessary for success. These powerful quotes about hard work and sacrifice will remind you how important it is to compromise and keep the faith.
Is sacrifice good or bad?
Whether you’re looking to improve your marriage, friendship, or some other aspect of your life, it is essential to make sacrifices for love.
When you’re chasing your dreams, sometimes hard work alone isn’t enough. These sacrifice quotes will motivate you to make the hard choices in life that will help you succeed. True love and success are only possible with compromise, trust, and sacrifice.
This collection of motivational quotes will guide you and help you reach your goals. Read these powerful words of wisdom to gain a fresh perspective on making sacrifices.
Inspiring sacrifice quotes for success
1. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” – Napoleon Hill
2. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
3. “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” – Donovan Bailey
4. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” – Sadhu Vaswani
5. “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
6. “Your competition is not other people but the time you kill, the ill will you create, the knowledge you neglect to learn, the connections you fail to build, the health you sacrifice along the path, your inability to generate ideas, the people around you who don’t support and love your efforts, and whatever god you curse for your bad luck.” – James Altucher
7. “You can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.” – Shakira
8. “Teamwork requires some sacrifice upfront; people who work as a team have to put the collective needs of the group ahead of their individual interests.” – Patrick Lencioni
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of team quotes that will inspire you and your teammates to collectively meet your goals.
9. “Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers, and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love.” – Thérèse of Lisieux
10. “Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers.” – Simon Sinek
Sacrifice quotes that will inspire you to compromise and keep the faith
11. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” – Lionel Messi
12. “The important thing is this: to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
13. “Life is a song – sing it. Life is a game – play it. Life is a challenge – meet it. Life is a dream – realize it. Life is a sacrifice – offer it. Life is love – enjoy it.” – Sai Baba
14. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine
15. “Sustainability can’t be like some sort of a moral sacrifice or political dilemma or a philanthropical cause. It has to be a design challenge.” – Bjarke Ingels
16. “People cannot be free unless they are willing to sacrifice some of their interests to guarantee the freedom of others. The price of democracy is the ongoing pursuit of the common good by all of the people.” – Saul Alinsky
17. “We don’t have to sacrifice a strong economy for a healthy environment.” – Dennis Weaver
18. “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” – Edmund Burke
19. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” – Beyonce Knowles
20. “For me, no ideological or political conviction would justify the sacrifice of a human life. For me, the value of life is absolute, with no concessions. It’s not negotiable.” – Edgar Ramirez
Sacrifice quotes that will motivate you to make the hard choices
21. “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” – Joan of Arc
22. “A team will always appreciate a great individual if he’s willing to sacrifice for the group.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
23. “November is Native American Heritage month, and a good time to honor the legacy of our ancestors, but every day we should stop to think about our country’s beginning and that the United States would not exist if not for a great deal of sacrifice, blood, and tears by Indian Tribes across the country.” – Deb Haaland
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of wise native American quotes on community, respect, and more.
24. “The journey has definitely not been easy, but all the sacrifice has paid off very well in terms of my performance on-court.” – Rohan Bopanna
25. “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
26. “Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough, You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” – James M. Barrie
27. “The entrepreneurial life is one of challenge, work, dedication, perseverance, exhilaration, agony, accomplishment, failure, sacrifice, control, powerlessness… but ultimately, extraordinary satisfaction.” – David S. Rose
28. “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” – Tim Hetherington
29. “There is no moral authority like that of sacrifice.” – Nadine Gordimer
30. “Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart. O when may it suffice?” – William Butler Yeats
Sacrifice quotes to guide you
31. “The idea of redemption is always good news, even if it means sacrifice or some difficult times.” – Patti Smith
32. “I know from personal experience that engaging with your community and helping others helps foster a sense of shared sacrifice and – at a time when our politics seem more focused on tearing us apart than bringing us together – that shared sacrifice will help us rekindle the national unity that has made us the strongest nation in the world.” – Tammy Duckworth
33. “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” – Simon Sinek
34. “I learned that leadership is about falling in love with the people and the people falling in love with you. It is about serving the people with selflessness, with sacrifice, and with the need to put the common good ahead of personal interests.” – Joyce Banda
35. “Patriotism demands of us sustained sacrifice.” – Chiang Kai-shek
36. “Things aren’t gifted to you. Things don’t just come from an idea, from nothing. You have to work for them. You have to pursue them. You have to take time. You have to sacrifice.” – Ozuna
37. “A noble purpose inspires sacrifice, stimulates innovation and encourages perseverance.” – Gary Hamel
38. “Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the many liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces.” – Charlie Dent
39. “I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.” – Mia Hamm
40. “We all naturally want to become successful… we also want to take shortcuts. And it’s easy to do so, but you can never take away the effort of hard work and discipline and sacrifice.” – Apolo Ohno
Other sacrifice quotes to inspire you
41. “In the military, they give medals for people who are willing to sacrifice themselves so that others may survive. In business, we give bonuses to people who sacrifice others.” – Simon Sinek
42. “You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.” – Lou Holtz
43. “Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice.” – Franz Liszt
44. “No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than they once were.” – Anthony Kennedy
45. “At the end of the day, we all want to win, so everybody has to sacrifice when you want to be a part of something special.” – Jayson Tatum
46. “I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up.” – Lauren Oliver
47. “Every wish, every dream, every idea comes to existence only through blood, sweat and sacrifice.” – Ivan Moody
48. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” – Bethany Hamilton
49. “I think that the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
50. “Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice.” – Michael Novak
More sacrifice quotes and sayings
51. “Success is different for everyone; everybody defines it in their own way, and that’s part of what we do in ‘Close Up’, finding what it was each person wanted to achieve and what their willingness to sacrifice for that was.” – William Shatner
52. “Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.” – Mitch Albom
53. “The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.” – David Foster Wallace
54. “There are memories that time does not erase… Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable.” – Cassandra Clare
55. “Sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to.” – Mitch Albom
56. “Life is funny. Things change, people change, but you will always be you, so stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.” – Zayn Malik
57. “Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself.” – Brandon Sanderson
58. “Real magic can never be made by offering someone else’s liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back.” – Peter S. Beagle
59. “Love without sacrifice is like theft.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
60. “There is no progress or accomplishment without sacrifice.” – Idowu Koyenikan
What are your favorite sacrifice quotes for success and true love?
Without making sacrifices in life, we can never reach our full potential. These self-sacrifice quotes highlight how important it is to be charitable and willing to compromise.
By making sacrifices, we are able to find balance and harmony in our lives. Read this collection of sacrifice quotes if you ever need the motivation to take a risk or give up something special.
Everyone is asked to make sacrifices at some point in their life. These powerful quotes will inspire you whether you make sacrifices for friends and family at home or make sacrifices for the entire country in the army.
What are your favorite sacrifice quotes and sayings that motivate you to reach your goals? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 4, 2021 6:00 AM EST