Bridal Shower Quotes About Love and Marriage
April 18, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Looking for the best bridal shower quotes to help you write the perfect card for the bride to be?
A wedding is a special time in a couple’s lives, but it also a special time for their family and friends, most of whom will be attending the bridal shower!
A study by the University of Denver found that couples who express gratitude towards each other have stronger and more positive relationships.
The study found that expressing gratitude can increase feelings of love and affection, and can also help to foster a sense of connection and commitment.
Some of these friends may be the reason the couple met.
They may have watched their love blossom from a casual flirtation to a committed romance.
They may also be the people tasked with throwing the most epic bridal shower of all time.
That can be a lot of decision-making: what type of games should we play, should we have a theme, and what should the cake say?
All of the attendees will be excited to see the bride (and eat the cake), and have probably struggled with finding the words to wish her well.
Below you’ll find a few bridal shower quotes that should help with inscribing the card and offering some advice.
There are even a few bridal shower quotes about the origins of bridal showers in case you were wondering what prompted the idea for this kind of party!
We also have a selection of funny bridesmaid quotes to celebrate sisterhood.
Be sure to also read that.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Bridal shower quotes about love
A study by the University of Virginia found that the quality of a couple’s friendship is a strong predictor of marital satisfaction and stability.
The study found that couples who were able to maintain a strong friendship, characterized by shared interests, humor, and emotional support, were more likely to have a happy and fulfilling marriage.
1. “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
2. “Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert Heinlein
3. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
You will also enjoy our article on marriage quotes.
4. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
5. “Love is when reality is better than your dreams.” – Becky Graham
You will also enjoy our article on party quotes.
6. “Love is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
7. “It was just enough to sit there without words.” – Louise Erdrich
8. “True love is not a hide and seek game: in true love, both lovers seek each other.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
9. “Love is blind — marriage is the eye-opener.” – Pauline Thomason
10. “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” – John Ruskin
11. “The capacity to love is tied to being able to be awake, to being able to move out of yourself and be with someone else in a manner that is not about your desire to possess them, but to be with them, to be in union and communion.” – Bell Hooks
12. “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.” – Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare
13. “Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.” – Erica Jong
You will also enjoy our article on biker quotes.
Bridal shower quotes about marriage
According to a survey conducted by WeddingWire, 71% of engaged couples use social media to plan their wedding.
This suggests that social media plays a significant role in the wedding planning process, with couples using platforms like Instagram and Pinterest for inspiration and ideas.
14. “You don’t marry someone you can live with, you marry the person who you cannot live without.” – Aleatha Romig
15. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
16. “Marriage is not a competition. Marriage is the completion of two souls.” – Abhijit Naskar
17. “Marriage is a lot like a roller coaster. You have extreme highs and you can have some pretty extreme lows, but the ride is worth it.” – Teresa Collins
18. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Nora Ephron
19. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.” – Katharine Hepburn
20. “Marriage is…sharing life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way and arriving at every destination…together.” – Fawn Weaver
21. “We’re all a little weird, and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” – Dr. Seuss
22. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
23. “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” – Ogden Nash
24. “Marry someone who is fun to be with. Then throughout your marriage, say ‘yes’ to each other.” – Silvana Clark
25. “Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different and each one is beautiful.” – Maggie Reyes
26. “Thing about marriage I’ve learned over the years? Just make your partner happy.” – Eden Butler
Also, read these classic Mean Girls quotes that will make your life more fetch.
Bridal shower quotes on life advice
According to a survey by The Knot, the average cost of a bridal shower is $500.
This statistic may encourage readers to be mindful of their spending when planning a shower, or to consider more affordable alternatives.
27. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
28. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
29. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
30. “A hug and a kiss go a long way.” – Sheilah Rechtshaffer
31. “Always kiss each other goodnight because you never know what tomorrow may bring.” – Joyce Smith Speares
32. “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” – Oscar Wilde
33. “Do everything you can to support your partner’s well-being, and respect your partner as you would your best friend.” – John Gerson
34. “When you give each other everything, it becomes an even trade. Each wins all.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
35. “A wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day, you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly.” – David Tutera
Don’t forget to also read these happy wedding quotes on love, friendship and marriage.
Quotes about bridal showers
A study by the University of Rochester found that couples who share small, positive moments throughout the day have stronger relationships.
This statistic can inspire readers to focus on small gestures of love and appreciation in their own relationships.
36. “Imagine you are living in a day when your old man is in charge and arranged marriages are the status quo. You, of course, fall in love with a forbidden pauper biker dude. Dad’s not having it, so he threatens to withhold your dowry. No serving platters for you! And no matching sets of towels either!” – Liz Susong
37. “As the story goes, when this happened to a young Dutch woman (minus the biker detail), according to wedding historian Susan Waggoner, “her friends marched on the house, each bringing a pot, a pan, a bowl, a blanket, and other items needed for housekeeping,” in order to help make up for the missing dowry. And her dad conceded because her aunts were loud and bossy…or something like that. Feminism, y’all.” – Liz Susong
38. “It was during the 1890s that bridal showers really started transforming into the tradition we know today. Why? The ladies started showing up in their hoop skirts with gifts in hand. Then, on one fateful day, some lady had the brilliant idea of putting all of the gifts in a parasol and opening it over the bride-to-be’s head so the presents would “shower” over her.” – Kelly Hamilton
39. “Personally, we think that sounds like a horrible idea (ouch?), but when the story hit the pages of a fashion magazine, women all over thought it sounded great and started doing it on a regular basis. Hence, the “bridal shower” was born.” – Kelly Hamilton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
Short bridal shower quotes
According to a study by the University of California, Berkeley, individuals who practice gratitude on a regular basis experience greater levels of happiness and life satisfaction.
This statistic can inspire readers to incorporate gratitude into their daily lives, and to appreciate the people and moments that make life meaningful.
40. “Cake to Kisses, Miss to Mrs.” – Unknown
41. “I can’t Keep Calm. I’m Getting Married.” – Unknown
42. “The Bride Is Always Right!” – Unknown
43. “Marriage Has A Nice Ring To It.” – Unknown
44. “He Asked. She Said Yes.” – Unknown
45. “It’s Not Too Late to Skip Town.” – Unknown
46. “Wedding Diet Starts Tomorrow.” – Unknown
47. “Eat, Drink, & Be Married.” – Unknown
48. “Mrs. Loading….” – Unknown
49. “Let’s Pop The Top. She’s Tying the Knot” – Unknown
50. “Muggle To Mrs.” – Unknown
You might also like these Wedding Crashers quotes about the importance of a good party.
Bridal shower quotes about what love, marriage, and relationships bring to our lives
A survey by Zola found that the most popular theme for a bridal shower is “garden party,” with 32% of respondents selecting this option.
This statistic could be useful in discussing quotes related to nature or outdoor events.
51. “True love stories never have endings.” — Robert Bach
52. “We love because it is the only true adventure.” — Nikki Giovanni
53. “Hearts are not had as a gift but hearts are earned …” — W. B. Yeats
54. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
55. “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Franklin P. Jones
56. “One of the best things about love is just recognizing a man’s steps when he climbs the stairs.” — Colette
57. “In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.” — Mignon McLaughlin
58. “I love being married, it’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
59. “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” — Barbara De Angelis
60. “One day, in your search for happiness, you discover a partner by your side, and you realize that your happiness has come to help you search.” ― Robert Brault
You will also enjoy our article on sisterhood quotes.
More Bridal Shower Quotes and Sayings
A survey by Evite found that the most popular type of activity at a bridal shower is games, with 55% of respondents indicating this preference.
This statistic could be useful in discussing quotes related to games or competition, and could also provide inspiration for incorporating fun activities into a shower.
61. “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine De Saint Exupery
62. “The giving of love is an education in itself” – Eleanor Roosevelt
63. “I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me.” – Roy Croft
64. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
65. “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” – The Beatles
66. “Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” – Nicole Krauss
67. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
68. “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
69. “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear on your wedding day.” – Taylor Swift
70. “Happiness, laughter, and joy is announced when friends, family, and lovers are around.” – Amy Davis
You will also enjoy our article on groom quotes.
Bridal Shower Quotes For Your Best Friend
A survey by The Knot found that the most popular time of day for a bridal shower is midday, with 46% of respondents indicating this preference.
This statistic could be helpful in planning the timing of a shower and could also be useful in discussing quotes related to brunch or lunch.
71. “A loving woman finds heaven or hell on the day she is made a bride.” ― Lena Lathrop
72. “You are the most beautiful bride there ever could be. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.” ― Selena Gomez
73. “Dreams are a beautiful bride that holds our hands to enter a world more glorious than this one.” ― Subhan Zein
74. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” ― Henny Youngman
75. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” ― André Maurios
76. “The best thing in life to hold onto is each other.” ― Audrey Hepburn
77. “Every bride is beautiful. It’s like newborn babies or puppies. They can’t help it.” ― Emme Rollins
78. “A wedding dress is both intimate and personal for a woman – it must reflect the personality and style of the bride.” ― Caroline Herrara
79. “Nothing shines out more than a bride in her most natural state.” ― Masaba Gupta
80. “Happy is the bride that the sun shines on.” ― Robert Herrick
Did you enjoy these bridal shower quotes?
I hope these bridal shower quotes were able to help you write the perfect card for the bride to be in your life.
Now that the bridal shower is over, it’s even closer to the big day!
The next party to plan will be the bachelorette party, and while that one doesn’t typically have cake, it’s still a lot of fun!
Try and help your friend remember that all of this is ultimately about the love between her and the groom.
They will spend a lifetime building memories and sharing new experiences.
In the end, that’s all any of the people who love them, whether they made it to the bridal shower or not, wish for them
Which of these bridal shower quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Do you have any other quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.