Being a bride can be a bit overwhelming. But before you get too stressed out, read through these funny bridesmaids quotes that are sure to ease your tensions.
There is a lot of thought that goes into deciding who the bridesmaids at your wedding should be. You might find yourself asking which of your friends is most reliable, willing to cater to your every whim, or less likely to get pregnant between now and the wedding. The issue of cost might come up, and make some of your friends feel like they shouldn’t be a bridesmaid.
They may be asking themselves what their level of commitment will look like. Just how much work are you really going to give them to do? How much money will they need to spend?
Before you get too stressed out, read through these funny bridesmaids quotes, paying close attention to the ones about asking your friends to be part of your big day!
We also have a selection of bridal shower quotes about love and marriage Be sure to also read that.
Funny bridesmaids quotes
1. “Friends who slay together, stay together.” – Unknown
2. “I promise, no ruffles or puffy sleeves — will you be my bridesmaid, please?” – Unknown
3. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” – Unknown
4. “I need something old, something new, something borrowed, and most importantly… you!” – Unknown
5. “I can’t say “I do” without you.” – Unknown
6. “We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.” – Unknown
7. “I have my mister but I can’t do it without my sister.” – Unknown
8. “You are the sister I got to choose.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
9. “When worst comes to worst, squad comes first.” – Unknown
10. “Pop the champagne, she’s changing her name!” – Unknown
Famous bridesmaids quotes
11. “You think your friends have good taste in fashion until they ask you to wear an ugly bridesmaid dress!” – Wendi McLendon-Covey
12. “Asking your friend to be a bridesmaid is one of the modern paradoxes: no one actually wants to do it, but everyone would be offended if you didn’t ask.” – Mindy Kaling
13. “We are not your typical bridesmaids, we are your women of awesomeness.” – Unknown
14. “There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.” Sylvia Plath
15. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
16. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves — a special kind of double.” – Toni Morrison
17. “We all wish there were more ‘Bridesmaids’ out there.” – Gillian Jacobs
Also read these quotes from Mean Girls that will make your life more fetch.
Bridesmaid quotes about good friends and sisters
18. “Good friends are hard to find and impossible to forget.” – John Green
19. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” – Charlotte Gray
20. “It’s not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts.” – J. M. Laurence
21. “Surround yourself with all those that are the same frequency as you.” – Mimi Novic
22. “Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them…your smile, your hope, and your courage.” – Doe Zantamata
23. “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.” – Gina Barreca
24. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “True friendship is as rare as twin lotuses on a single stalk.” – Lauren Bjorkman
26. “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” – Mencius
27. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
28. “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.” – Faye Hall
29. “Good friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.” – Unknown
30. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
31. “We’ve been friends for so long I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.” – Unknown
Bridesmaids quotes about the bride
32. “Bridesmaids are never going to upstage the bride.” – Georgina Chapman
33. “A happy bridesmaid makes a happy bride.”- Alfred Tennyson
34. “Often a bridesmaid, but never a bride.” – First coined in 1925 in an ad for Listerine Mouthwash.
35. “He’s marrying me but he’s stuck with us.” – Unknown
36. “White dress, lace, and pearls but I can’t do it without my girls.” – Unknown
37. “I got my rock now I need my flock.” – Unknown
Have you read these funny wedding quotes and sayings?
Bridesmaid quotes straight from the movie “Bridesmaids”
38. “This is the first time I’ve seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!” – Annie
39. “You’re like the maid of dishonor.” – Rhodes
40. “You know anyone who wants to marry my brother is a profound idiot.” – Megan
41. “It’s gonna be a kick-ass wedding.” – Lillian
42. “I am in my 30’s, I have 40,000 dollars in debt, I live with a weirdo…” – Annie
43. “I know! That’s why he’s been acting so weird. Because he’s a terrible liar and he thought he was going to blow it. He was ignoring me and I thought he was going to break up with me and…” – Lillian
44. “Uh, I’m not going to go on with a big speech. So I’ll just say this; um, I’m so happy to be a part of this celebration. And you two deserve each other, as well as a lifetime of happiness.” – Annie
45. “Um, I just wanted to say really quick that, you’re so special to me, because, well, one of the reasons is because I’ve known you my whole entire life. And you’ve really helped shape who I am. I just want to thank you for, carefully, selecting me as your maid of honor. I know you had some other choices, but, um, you’re like my sister, and I love you. Well, that concludes the speeches for the night.” – Annie
46. “You know, I don’t really care which dress we get. I just need to get off this white carpet!” – Rita
47. “And I’m more than happy to do it. And it’s not too much.” (Annie, Bridesmaids)
48. “You cannot trust anybody, ever.” – Annie
49. “Just had some thoughts about the bachelorette party. Okay, here we go! Easy peasy, Vegas it is!” – Megan
50. “I don’t think you guys will be best friends forever. No offense, but you know? The friends you have when you’re younger are sometimes, sometimes you grow apart. You know, when you get older maybe she’ll find a new best friend. And maybe she’ll be more successful than you are and prettier and richer and skinnier. And they end up doing everything together!” – Annie
You might also like these heart-warming sisterhood quotes to share with your tribe
Which of these bridesmaid quotes is your favorite?
Hopefully, your stress level has decreased a little bit after reading these hilarious bridesmaids quotes (I can’t wait to see the movie!)! It can be a bit overwhelming being a bride, what with everyone asking you questions constantly! Decisions, decisions, decisions! Pick your bridesmaids wisely, and remember to have fun.
Communicate your expectations upfront and be honest about what being a bridesmaid will look like. Now is not the time to be fighting with your squad! If you feel like tensions might start to rise, invite everyone over for a girl’s night, pour some wine, and watch the movie together!
Have a funny bridesmaids quote of your own to add? Drop it in the comments!
January 7, 2020 7:15 AM EST