Being a bride can be a bit overwhelming.
But before you get too stressed out, read through these funny bridesmaids quotes that are sure to ease your tensions.
There is a lot of thought that goes into deciding who the bridesmaids at your wedding should be.
You might find yourself asking which of your friends is most reliable, willing to cater to your every whim, or less likely to get pregnant between now and the wedding.
The issue of cost might come up, and make some of your friends feel like they shouldn’t be a bridesmaid.
They may be asking themselves what their level of commitment will look like.
Just how much work are you really going to give them to do?
How much money will they need to spend?
Before you get too stressed out, read through these funny bridesmaids quotes, paying close attention to the ones about asking your friends to be part of your big day!
We also have a selection of bridal shower quotes about love and marriage Be sure to also read that.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Funny bridesmaids quotes
1. “Friends who slay together, stay together.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on sister quotes.
2. “I promise, no ruffles or puffy sleeves — will you be my bridesmaid, please?” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on Twin Flame Quotes.
3. “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.” – Unknown
4. “We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.” – Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on party quotes.
5. “I can’t say “I do” without you.” – Unknown
6. “I need something old, something new, something borrowed, and most importantly… you!” – Unknown
7. “I have my mister but I can’t do it without my sister.” – Unknown
8. “You are the sister I got to choose.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
9. “When worst comes to worst, squad comes first.” – Unknown
10. “Pop the champagne, she’s changing her name!” – Unknown
Famous bridesmaids quotes
11. “You think your friends have good taste in fashion until they ask you to wear an ugly bridesmaid dress!” – Wendi McLendon-Covey
12. “Asking your friend to be a bridesmaid is one of the modern paradoxes: no one actually wants to do it, but everyone would be offended if you didn’t ask.” – Mindy Kaling
13. “We are not your typical bridesmaids, we are your women of awesomeness.” – Unknown
14. “There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.” Sylvia Plath
15. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
16. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves — a special kind of double.” – Toni Morrison
17. “We all wish there were more ‘Bridesmaids’ out there.” – Gillian Jacobs
Also, read these quotes from Mean Girls that will make your life more fetch.
Bridesmaid quotes about good friends and sisters
18. “Good friends are hard to find and impossible to forget.” – John Green
19. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” – Charlotte Gray
20. “It’s not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life that counts.” – J. M. Laurence
21. “Surround yourself with all those that are the same frequency as you.” – Mimi Novic
22. “Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them…your smile, your hope, and your courage.” – Doe Zantamata
23. “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.” – Gina Barreca
24. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “True friendship is as rare as twin lotuses on a single stalk.” – Lauren Bjorkman
27. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” – Helen Keller
28. “True love is finding your soulmate in your best friend.” – Faye Hall
29. “Good friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.” – Unknown
30. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
31. “We’ve been friends for so long I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.” – Unknown
Bridesmaids quotes about the bride
32. “Bridesmaids are never going to upstage the bride.” – Georgina Chapman
33. “A happy bridesmaid makes a happy bride.”- Alfred Tennyson
34. “Often a bridesmaid, but never a bride.” – First coined in 1925 in an ad for Listerine Mouthwash.
35. “He’s marrying me but he’s stuck with us.” – Unknown
36. “White dress, lace, and pearls but I can’t do it without my girls.” – Unknown
37. “I got my rock now I need my flock.” – Unknown
Have you read these funny wedding quotes and sayings?
Bridesmaid quotes straight from the movie “Bridesmaids”
38. “This is the first time I’ve seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!” – Annie
39. “You’re like the maid of dishonor.” – Rhodes
40. “You know anyone who wants to marry my brother is a profound idiot.” – Megan
41. “It’s gonna be a kick-ass wedding.” – Lillian
42. “I am in my 30’s, I have 40,000 dollars in debt, I live with a weirdo…” – Annie
43. “I know! That’s why he’s been acting so weird. Because he’s a terrible liar and he thought he was going to blow it. He was ignoring me and I thought he was going to break up with me and…” – Lillian
44. “Uh, I’m not going to go on with a big speech. So I’ll just say this; um, I’m so happy to be a part of this celebration. And you two deserve each other, as well as a lifetime of happiness.” – Annie
45. “Um, I just wanted to say really quick that, you’re so special to me, because, well, one of the reasons is because I’ve known you my whole entire life. And you’ve really helped shape who I am. I just want to thank you for, carefully, selecting me as your maid of honor. I know you had some other choices, but, um, you’re like my sister, and I love you. Well, that concludes the speeches for the night.” – Annie
46. “You know, I don’t really care which dress we get. I just need to get off this white carpet!” – Rita
47. “And I’m more than happy to do it. And it’s not too much.” (Annie, Bridesmaids)
48. “You cannot trust anybody, ever.” – Annie
49. “Just had some thoughts about the bachelorette party. Okay, here we go! Easy peasy, Vegas it is!” – Megan
50. “I don’t think you guys will be best friends forever. No offense, but you know? The friends you have when you’re younger are sometimes, sometimes you grow apart. You know, when you get older maybe she’ll find a new best friend. And maybe she’ll be more successful than you are and prettier and richer and skinnier. And they end up doing everything together!” – Annie
Bridesmaid quotes to cherish your besties more
51. “I’m one of those people who has always been a bridesmaid.” – Piper Lauri
52. “You’d better be my bridesmaid, since you gave me the idea that led to this whole farce. It’s a horrible job, I’m sure, so you deserve it. Plus, you’re my friend.” – Jayne Bauling
53. “A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday.” – Erma Bombeck
54. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
55. “Storm Sister—a friend who sticks close when storms hit her friend’s life.” – Afton Rorvik
56. “We have been friends together in sunshine and in shade.” – Caroline Sheridan Norton
57. “True friends are like diamonds – bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
58. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
59. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
60. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elisabeth Foley
You might also like these heart-warming sisterhood quotes to share with your tribe
Friend-inspiring Bridesmaid Quotes
61. “True friends are the ones who know you but love you anyway.” – Edna Buchanan
62. “Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice.” – Otto von Bismarck
63. “A sister smiles when one tells stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added.” – Chris Montaigne
64. “Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” – Charles R Swindoll
65. “Friends are the family you choose.” – Jess C. Scott
66. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined… to strengthen each other… to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot
67. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'” – C.S. Lewis
68. “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” – G. Randolf
69. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are, and then wait to hear the answer.” – Ed Cunningham
70. “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
Bridesmaid Quotes to Celebrate True Friendship
71. “I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.” – Reese Witherspoon
72. “Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” – Charles R. Swindoll
73. “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in life that counts.” – J.M. Laurence
74. “Rare is a true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de la Fontaine
75. “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” – Misty Copeland
76. “We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.” – Marilyn Monroe
77. “Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) is a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success.” — Rex Reed
78. “I am usually part of any disaster at a wedding if I’m a bridesmaid, which I’ve been lucky enough to be several times.” – Jennifer Garner
79. “My five best friends, who were my bridesmaids in my wedding, are still my best friends.” – Jill Kargman
80. “Because there’s one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood.” – Robin Benway
Funny Bridesmaid Quotes To Celebrate Memorable Moments
81. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” ― Tennessee Williams
82. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” ― Cali Rae Turner
83. “In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.” ― Salman Rushdie
84. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” ― Linda Sunshine
85. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” ― Amy Li
86. “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” ― Rita Rudner
87. “I have learned that the friends who hold your hand through the tough times and watch your soul twirl during the best are the ones you should spend your lifetime dancing with.” ― Stacie Martin
88. “Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway.” ― Greg Tamblyn
89. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” ― Linda Grayson
90. “An older sister is a friend and defender, a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights.” ― Pam Brown
Funny BridesMaid Quotes For a Long Lasting Friendship
91. “You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine!” — Becca
92. “Why can’t you be happy for me and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?” — Lillian
93. “For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people…For poise, walk with the knowledge you’re never alone.” — Sam Levenson
94. “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
95. “Friends are the sibling’s God never gave us.” — Mencius
96. “True friendship resists time, distance, and silence.” — Isabel Allende
97. “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” — Donna Roberts
98. “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” — Jennifer Aniston
99. “True friends are always together in spirit.” — L.M. Montgomery
100. “Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.” — Anna Deavere Smith
Funny Bridesmaid Quotes for a Fancy Wedding
101. “Why am I always the bridesmaid, / Never the blushing bride?” — Fred W. Leigh
102. “Immortality, thou art a chimerical bridesmaid of life.” — Aporva Kala
103. “I’m not blond or super fit or perfect. Not romantic, not “an individual,” and definitely not a genius. So what am I? I’ll tell you what : a bridesmaid.” — Tamara Summers
104. “So many times, I have a speech ready but no dice. Always a bridesmaid, never a mother.” — Michael Curtiz
105. “Bridesmaids are brides in training, they’re like matrimonial interns.” — Man
106. “Weddings are a joyful occasion. You know, unless you’re one of the bridesmaids.” — King Shark
107. “An invitation to be a bridesmaid is an honor which cannot be declined without some very good reason. Our idea of one of the better reasons is the impending arrival of a little stranger.” — Alice-Leone Moats
108. “Mothers! They promise you they’ll never get married again, and next thing you know you’re a bridesmaid.” — Mindy Schanback
109. “I don’t think I’ve ever tried on a corset, though a certain bridesmaid’s dress did require a torturous bustier that will stay forever burned in my sensory memory.” — Laura Moriarty
110. “The best bridesmaid experiences come when the bride has a laid-back vibe and just goes with the flow.” — Emily Schumann
Which of these bridesmaid quotes is your favorite?
Hopefully, your stress level has decreased a little bit after reading these hilarious bridesmaids quotes (I can’t wait to see the movie!)!
It can be a bit overwhelming being a bride, what with everyone asking you questions constantly!
Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Pick your bridesmaids wisely, and remember to have fun.
Communicate your expectations upfront and be honest about what being a bridesmaid will look like.
Now is not the time to be fighting with your squad!
If you feel like tensions might start to rise, invite everyone over for a girl’s night, pour some wine, and watch the movie together!
Have a funny bridesmaids quote of your own to add?
Drop it in the comments!
November 16, 2022 5:00 AM EST