Are you striving to achieve greatness? The greatness quotes below will strengthen your mindset and shed light on your true potential.
Who do you believe embodies greatness?
Depending on who you ask, the definition of greatness differs. Some may believe that greatness depends on business success, while others may believe greatness lies within having a large impact on your community.
No matter what your vision of success looks like, our quotes will put you on the right path towards them. Our collection features quotes from entrepreneurs, celebrities, writers, and so much more.
Learn from the amazing quotes below and use the knowledge to chase your goals!
Inspirational greatness quotes
1. “Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us.” – Wilma Rudolph
2. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
3. “Greatness is not guarding yourself from the people; greatness is being accepted by the people.” – Mike Tyson
4. “There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth.” – Leo Tolstoy
5. “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
6. “Man’s greatness lies in his power of thought.” – Blaise Pascal
7. “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition he or she has overcome to reach his goals.” – Dorothy Height
9. “True greatness consists in being great in little things.” – Charles Simmons
10. “You can’t cost-cut your way to greatness.” – Ruth Porat
11. “Greatness comes from fear. Fear can either shut us down and we go home, or we fight through it.” – Lionel Richie
12. “Stick to your true north – build greatness for the long term.” – Ruth Porat
13. “Run away from greatness and greatness will follow you.” – Abu Bakr
14. “Seek not greatness, but seek truth and you will find both.” – Horace Mann
Greatness quotes about leadership
15. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
16. “A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.” – Arnold H. Glasow
17. “The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been.” – Henry Kissinger
18. “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” – Max Lucado
19. “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
20. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
21. “Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.” – Harold S. Geneen
22. “Good leadership consists of showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” – John D. Rockefeller
23. “A leader is a dealer in hope.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
24. “The real leader has no need to lead – he is content to point the way.” – Henry Miller
25. “I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.” – Mahatma Gandhi
26. “The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.” – Ray Kroc
27. “A leader does not deserve the name unless he is willing occasionally to stand alone.” – Henry Kissinger
Greatness quotes about change
28. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
29. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Gail Sheehy
30. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
31. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
32. “Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
33. “Change is inevitable. Change is constant.” – Benjamin Disraeli
34. “The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” – Flannery O’Connor
35. “What’s dangerous is not to evolve.” – Jeff Bezos
36. “You’re only as young as the last time you changed your mind.” – Timothy Leary
37. “Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.” – Denis Waitley
38. “When you blame others, you give up your power to change.” – Robert Anthony
39. “To change ones life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.” – William James
40. “Ignorance is always afraid of change.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
Greatness quotes about learning
41. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
42. “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.” – Gloria Steinem
43. “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people.” – Will Rogers
44. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
45. “Failure is a great teacher, and I think when you make mistakes and you recover from them and you treat them as valuable learning experiences, then you’ve got something to share.” – Steve Harvey
46. “Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” – Morgan Freeman
47. “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.” – Daniel J. Boorstin
48. “You aren’t learning anything when you’re talking.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
49. “Seeing much, suffering much, and studying much, are the three pillars of learning.” – Benjamin Disraeli
50. “The learning process continues until the day you die.” – Kirk Douglas
Other greatness quotes and sayings
51. “Build yourself up to stand out and be recognized in a crowd.” – Ansuman Bhagat
52. “A star does not compete with other stars around it; it just shines.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
53. “Beautiful souls are shaped by ugly experiences.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
54. “Thunder roars but does not strike. Lightning strikes but does not roar. Choose to be lightning.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
55. “Cowards shrink from challenges, weaklings flee from them, but warriors wink at them.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
56. “Stars do not pull each other down to be more visible, they shine brighter.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
57. “Believe in your greatness. Because what you believe is what you become.” – Udai Yadla
58. “If a lion turned every time small dogs barked at it, it would be the laughing stock of the jungle.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
59. “When all seems to be against you, remember, a ship sometimes has to sail against the current, not with it.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
60. “The louder the dogs bark the less a lion feels threatened.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
Is greatness within you?
Some people believe that greatness is only in a few people. The truth is: the potential for greatness is in all of us. We just have to tap into it.
You are capable of anything you set your mind to. With passion, ambition, and a plan, you can move mountains.
If you see others who have achieved your definition of greatness, don’t let it discourage you. Use it as fuel to drive you towards your personal goals. Soon, people will look up to you.
Which of these greatness quotes and sayings is your favorite? Is there any other quotes we should have included? Let us know below.
October 30, 2020 7:00 AM EST