Need a reminder that you’re in control of your destiny? The empowering quotes below will refuel your motivation and get you back on track.
When’s the last time you felt empowered?
Life is a constant cycle of ups and downs whether it’s in work, relationships, family, or social life. When we’re feeling down, an inspirational quote can help you reevaluate your mindset and get you on the path towards success.
Today, we have compiled quotes from a variety of bright minds including philosophers, authors, spiritual leaders, and musicians. Gaining inspiration from the quotes below can help you find the strength to persevere through any of life’s struggles.
Take a look at the below and learn from the great minds of many.
Short empowering quotes
1. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
2. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
3. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
4. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
5. “Do something wonderful, people may imitate it.” – Albert Schweitzer
6. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
7. “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
8. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
9. “Begin anywhere.” – John Cage
10. “Make yourself proud.” – Peter W. Smith
11. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?” – Rumi
12. “Be willing to be a beginner every single morning” – Meister Eckhart
13. “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Ben Spock
14. “Do today what others won’t so tomorrow you can do what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
15. “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
Empowering quotes about happiness
16. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
17. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
18. “If you carry joy in your heart, you can heal any moment.” – Carlos Santana
19. “Be happy for this moment. This moment in your life.” – Omar Khayyam
20. “Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.” – Benjamin Disraeli
21. “A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.” – Hugh Downs
22. “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” – Gordon B. Hinkley
Empowering quotes about life
23. “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” – Jon Bon Jovi
24. “You cannot explore the universe if you think that you are the center of it.” – Joshua Suya Pelicano
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our explore quotes about nature, wander and new experiences.
25. “On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.” – Jules Renard
26. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
27. “Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you.” – Marsha Norman
28. “Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
Empowering quotes about overcoming obstacles
29. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
30. “Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.” – Edwin Markham
31. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
32. “The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day.” – Amy Gatliff
33. “Most obstacles melt away when we make up our minds to walk boldly through them.” – Orison Swett Marden
34. “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” – Richard Branson
35. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
36. “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
37. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
38. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
39. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
40. “The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them.” – Bernard Baruch
41. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” – Rabindranath Tagore
Empowering quotes about finding your purpose
42. “Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary” – Uta Hagen
43. “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso
44. “Find your purpose and fling your life out to it. Find a way or make one. Try with all your might. Self-made or never made. – Orison Swett Marden
45. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
46. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
47. “The degree of responsibility you take for your life determines how much change you can create in it.” – Celestine Chua
48. “Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
49. “As fast as each opportunity presents itself, use it! No matter how tiny an opportunity it may be, use it!” – Robert Collier
50. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry Thoreau
How do you use inspirational quotes in your daily life?
If you find yourself compelled by a particular quote, put it somewhere you will see it often. For example, write it on a sticky note and stick it to your laptop screen. When you are confronted with stress, you can quickly remind yourself of your favorite quote and refocus.
When we are in the middle of a difficult situation, it is easy to believe we are alone in our emotions. Reading inspirational quotes can remind us that many people have walked the path we are currently on. They have come out on the other side of it all, and we can as well.
Which of these empowering quotes and sayings are you planning to share? What other quotes would you add to the list? Tell us it all down below!
September 25, 2020 7:09 AM EST