If you dare to think beyond ordinary and have a desire to marvel at things unknown, these wonder quotes will be just what you need to get you inspired.
When was the last time you had an awe-inspiring moment that you almost had to pinch yourself to make sure you’re not dreaming?
Watching a video about our expansive universe? Seeing your newborn for the first time?
In this fast-paced world, wonder is probably not an emotion that you experience regularly.
We are pre-occupied with living our lives that we miss out on its multitudes of marvels.
But according to research, experiencing wonder can have a positive impact on our health and well being.
It can lower our stress levels, expand our sense of time, and help us experience greater overall life satisfaction.
Studies have also shown that having a sense of wonder can diminish our sense of self and strengthen our feeling of connection to others.
People who experience awe and wonder on a regular basis are more inclined to volunteer, to give to charity, and to become invested in something bigger than themselves.
We all have a hunger to be moved, to be engaged and fascinated by the world and take pleasure in it.
We have a desire to be amazed and to feel fully alive.
The good news is, you don’t have to hike to the top of a mountain to feel a childlike sense of wonder.
Opportunities for wonder surround us, you just need to pay attention and notice what is around you.
To bring more imagination into your life, below is our collection of inspirational, beautiful and thought-provoking wonder quotes, wonder sayings, and wonder proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also check out our compilation of magic quotes for even more inspiration.
Wonder Quotes For Those Who Crave Inspiration & Imagination
1. “Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” ― Franz Kafka
2. “I would rather have 30 minutes of “wonderful” than a lifetime of nothing special.” ― Julia Roberts
3. “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery, and always challenge yourself to try new things.” – Nate Berkus
4. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E .E. Cummings
5. “I think on some level, you do your best things when you’re a little off-balance, a little scared. You’ve got to work from mystery, from wonder, from not knowing.” – Willem Dafoe
6. “I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” ― Gerry Spence
7. “The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.” – Ralph W. Sockman
8. “We carry within us, the wonders we seek around us.” – Sir Thomas Browne
9. “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” ― Socrates
10. “Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn’t happen.” – Steven Wright
Wonder quotes to bring a sense of imagination to your daily life
11. “Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand.” ― Neil Armstrong
12. “The moments that I feel the most imbued with a sense of awe are always the moments when I am outdoors. I can’t help but feel a certain sense of wonder – I become almost filled with it.” – Kathi Appelt
13. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “I have not yet lost a feeling of wonder, and of delight, that the delicate motion should reside in all the things around us, revealing itself only to him who looks for it.” ― Edmund Burke
15. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.” ― Charlie Chaplin (see more Charlie Chaplin quotes and lines)
16. “The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.” ― Rachel Carson
17. “It is not ignorance but knowledge which is the mother of wonder.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
18. “All of us have wonders hidden in our breasts, only needing circumstances to evoke them.” – Charles Dickens
19. “It doesn’t stop being magic just because you know how it works.” ― Terry Pratchett
20. “Success is realising the true joy and wonder of life can only be yours if you follow your own intuition, aiming to achieve your bliss.” ― Steven Redhead
Also read these Willy Wonka quotes to awaken your imagination.
Wonder quotes that will make you feel alive
21. “Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.” ― Walt Whitman
22. “The feeling of awed wonder that science can give us is one of the highest experiences of which the human psyche is capable.” – Richard Dawkins
24. “Cherish sunsets, wild creatures and wild places. Have a love affair with the wonder and beauty of the earth.” – Stewart Udall
25. “Wonder is the feeling of the philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder.” – Plato
26. “It is a happiness to wonder; — it is a happiness to dream.” ― Edgar Allan Poe
27. “Yet, even amidst the hatred and carnage, life is still worth living. It is possible for wonderful encounters and beautiful things to exist.” ― Hayao Miyazaki
28. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” ― W.B. Yeats
29. “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” ― Albert Einstein
30. “The key to a wonderful life is to never stop wandering into wonder.” ― Suzy Kassem
Wonder quotes to spark your imagination
31. “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.” – Albert Einstein
32. “Life is a fairy tale. Live it with wonder and amazement.” ― Welwyn Wilton Katz
33. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” ― Betty Smith
34. “Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.” – Stephen Hawking
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Stephen Hawking quotes on life, religion, and the universe
35. “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” ― R J Palacio
36. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” ― Emerson
37. “There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.” – Ronald Reagan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
38. “There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.” – Jim Lovell
39. “Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.” ― Andy Mulcahy
40. “How do I confront aging? With a wonder and a terror. Yeah, I’ll say that. Wonder and terror.” – Keanu Reeves
Don’t forget to also read these inspiring curiosity quotes that will encourage you to learn more about the world around you.
Wonder quotes to help reclaim your imagination to live an extraordinary life
41. “The pyramid shape is said to hold many secrets and amazing properties. One of them is a sense of wonder.” ― Vera Nazarian
42. “Never lose the childlike wonder. Show gratitude… Don’t complain; just work harder… Never give up.” – Randy Pausch
43. “The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but is, rather, the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity.” – Glenn Gould
44. “It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility. ” ― Rachel Carson
45. “You cannot look up at the night sky on the Planet Earth and not wonder what it’s like to be up there amongst the stars. And I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos.” – Tom Hanks
46. “I believe that curiosity, wonder, and passion are defining qualities of imaginative minds and great teachers; that restlessness and discontent are vital things; that intense experience and suffering instruct us in ways that less intense emotions can never do.” – Kay Redfield Jamison
47. “Follow your Dreams – They give pathway to the wonder of who you are.” ― Debbie Burns
48. “Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf.” – Albert Schweitzer
49. “Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. “I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that illuminate our world, revealing its endless mystery and wonder.” – David Maraniss
Don’t forget to also read these galaxy quotes for those who wonder.
More wonder quotes and sayings
51. “I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed.” – Jonathan Swift
52. “We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.” – G.K. Chesterton
53. “God is just a name for our wonder.” – Nadeem Aslam
54. “Wonder can be found wherever you are open to searching for it.” – Dylan Thuras
55. “To wonder is to learn – to wonder is to grow – to wonder is to live. Live with wonder – because in the simplicity of wonder lie the answers.” – Abhijit Naskar
56. “Let us dare to dream and shoot for the moon. Even if we don’t fetch the moon, a million stars may fill us with wonder.” – Erik Pevernagie
57. “Look upon the world with wonder.” – A.D. Posey
58. “There is no end to wonder once one starts really looking.” – Marty Rubin
59. “Wonder feeds our best intelligence and is perhaps its source.” – Lyanda Lynn Haupt
60. “Wonder, as a quality of intellect, has fallen from favor.” – Lyanda Lynn Haupt
Wonder quotes that are full of wisdom
61. “The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” — Jacques Yves Cousteau
62. “Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.” — Saint Augustine
63. “Poetry is a deal of joy and pain and wonder, with a dash of the dictionary.” — Khalil Gibran
64. “Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, the amazement of the Gods.” — Plato
65. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” — Ray Bradbury
66. “It’s important to surround yourself with good people, interesting people, young people, young ideas. Go places, learn new stuff. Look at the world with wonder – don’t be tired about it.” — Angela Bassett
67. “As knowledge increases, wonder deepens.” — Charles Morgan
68. “My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.” — Emma Watson
69. “Life is full of awe and grace and truth, mystery and wonder. I live in that atmosphere.” — Dion DiMucci
Wonder quotes for when you’re always curious
71. “Think and wonder, wonder and think.” — Dr. Seuss
72. “Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder.” — E.B. White
73. “He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.” — M. C. Escher
74. “Man has to awaken to wonder.” — Ludwig Wittgenstein
75. “Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content.” — Helen Keller
76. “What was wonderful about childhood is that anything in it was a wonder. It was not merely a world full of miracles; it was a miraculous world.” — G.K. Chesterton
77. “Look at everything in the world as if you are seeing it for the first time, and paint everything as if you were seeing it for the last time.” — Andrew Hamilton
78. “A state of wonder is a state of mind.” — Margaret Stone
79. “Wherever life takes us, there are always moments of wonder.” — Jimmy Carter
80. “Allow yourself to be an artist, scientist, creator, inventor, and explorer. Embrace the wonder of being alive right here, right now on this incredible planet, with these, your fellow travellers.” — Bernadette Russell
Short Thought Provoking Wonder Quotes
81. “The reality of the world can only be seen in a wonder.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
82. “In the eyes of cowards, wonders come as threats.” ― Yanko Tsvetkov
83. “You are the wonder of wonders.” ― Shaik Baji Sharif
84. “Don’t question wonder, Dink. Don’t ever question wonder.” ― Stephen King
85. “The bedtime story is a genius invention. A tiny gift of wonder before you fall asleep.” ― Carolyn Watson Dubisch
86. “See the world like a baby with tremendous curiosity, and wonder with joy.” ― Debasish Mridha
87. “It was strange to wonder what she had really forgotten.” ― Marilynne Robinson
88. “Be in touch with what is wondrous, refreshing, and healing, both inside and around yourself.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
89. “The whole creation shows the wonder of a Creator.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
90. “There is no wonder without a woman.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
Which of these wonder quotes was your favorite?
Wonder is an important aspect of human nature.
Although many people tend to think of wonder as a childlike emotion, adults are fully capable of experiencing it too.
Experiencing wonder not only makes us feel good in the moment, but it’s also good for our health and well being.
Hopefully, the quotes above have motivated you to seek out the multitudes of marvels in life.
Did you enjoy these wonder quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
August 8, 2022 5:00 AM EST