If you dare to think beyond ordinary and have a desire to marvel at things unknown, these wonder quotes will be just what you need to get you inspired.
When was the last time you had an awe-inspiring moment that you almost had to pinch yourself to make sure you’re not dreaming? Watching a video about our expansive universe? Seeing your newborn for the first time?
In this fast-paced world, wonder is probably not an emotion that you experience regularly. We are pre-occupied with living our lives that we miss out on its multitudes of marvels.
But according to research, experiencing wonder can have a positive impact on our health and well being. It can lower our stress levels, expand our sense of time, and help us experience greater overall life satisfaction.
Studies have also shown that having a sense of wonder can diminish our sense of self and strengthen our feeling of connection to others. People who experience awe and wonder on a regular basis are more inclined to volunteer, to give to charity, and to become invested in something bigger than themselves.
We all have a hunger to be moved, to be engaged and fascinated by the world and take pleasure in it. We have a desire to be amazed and to feel fully alive.
The good news is, you don’t have to hike to the top of a mountain to feel a childlike sense of wonder. Opportunities for wonder surround us, you just need to pay attention and notice what is around you.
To bring more imagination in your life, below is our collection of inspirational, beautiful and thought-provoking wonder quotes, wonder sayings, and wonder proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Wonder Quotes For Those Who Crave Inspiration & Imagination
1. “Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.” ― Franz Kafka
2. “I would rather have 30 minutes of “wonderful” than a lifetime of nothing special.” ― Julia Roberts
3. “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery, and always challenge yourself to try new things.” – Nate Berkus
4. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E .E. Cummings
5. “I think on some level, you do your best things when you’re a little off-balance, a little scared. You’ve got to work from mystery, from wonder, from not knowing.” – Willem Dafoe
6. “I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.” ― Gerry Spence
7. “The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.” – Ralph W. Sockman
8. “We carry within us, the wonders we seek around us.” – Sir Thomas Browne
9. “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” ― Socrates
10. “Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn’t happen.” – Steven Wright
Wonder quotes to bring a sense of imagination to your daily life
11. “Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand.” ― Neil Armstrong
12. “The moments that I feel the most imbued with a sense of awe are always the moments when I am outdoors. I can’t help but feel a certain sense of wonder – I become almost filled with it.” – Kathi Appelt
13. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “I have not yet lost a feeling of wonder, and of delight, that the delicate motion should reside in all the things around us, revealing itself only to him who looks for it.” ― Edmund Burke
15. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.” ― Charlie Chaplin (see more Charlie Chaplin quotes and lines)
16. “The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.” ― Rachel Carson
17. “It is not ignorance but knowledge which is the mother of wonder.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
18. “All of us have wonders hidden in our breasts, only needing circumstances to evoke them.” – Charles Dickens
19. “It doesn’t stop being magic just because you know how it works.” ― Terry Pratchett
20. “Success is realising the true joy and wonder of life can only be yours if you follow your own intuition, aiming to achieve your bliss.” ― Steven Redhead
Also read these Willy Wonka quotes to awaken your imagination.
Wonder quotes that will make you feel alive
21. “Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.” ― Walt Whitman
22. “The feeling of awed wonder that science can give us is one of the highest experiences of which the human psyche is capable.” – Richard Dawkins
24. “Cherish sunsets, wild creatures and wild places. Have a love affair with the wonder and beauty of the earth.” – Stewart Udall
25. “Wonder is the feeling of the philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder.” – Plato
26. “It is a happiness to wonder; — it is a happiness to dream.” ― Edgar Allan Poe
27. “Yet, even amidst the hatred and carnage, life is still worth living. It is possible for wonderful encounters and beautiful things to exist.” ― Hayao Miyazaki
28. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” ― W.B. Yeats
29. “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” ― Albert Einstein
30. “The key to a wonderful life is to never stop wandering into wonder.” ― Suzy Kassem
Wonder quotes to spark your imagination
31. “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.” – Albert Einstein
32. “Life is a fairy tale. Live it with wonder and amazement.” ― Welwyn Wilton Katz
33. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” ― Betty Smith
34. “Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.” – Stephen Hawking
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Stephen Hawking quotes on life, religion, and the universe
35. “Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” ― R J Palacio
36. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” ― Emerson
37. “There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.” – Ronald Reagan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
38. “There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.” – Jim Lovell
39. “Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.” ― Andy Mulcahy
40. “How do I confront aging? With a wonder and a terror. Yeah, I’ll say that. Wonder and terror.” – Keanu Reeves
Don’t forget to also read these inspiring curiosity quotes that will encourage you to learn more about the world around you.
More wonder quotes to help reclaim your imagination to live an extraordinary life
41. “The pyramid shape is said to hold many secrets and amazing properties. One of them is a sense of wonder.” ― Vera Nazarian
42. “Never lose the childlike wonder. Show gratitude… Don’t complain; just work harder… Never give up.” – Randy Pausch
43. “The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of adrenaline but is, rather, the gradual, lifelong construction of a state of wonder and serenity.” – Glenn Gould
44. “It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility. ” ― Rachel Carson
45. “You cannot look up at the night sky on the Planet Earth and not wonder what it’s like to be up there amongst the stars. And I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos.” – Tom Hanks
46. “I believe that curiosity, wonder, and passion are defining qualities of imaginative minds and great teachers; that restlessness and discontent are vital things; that intense experience and suffering instruct us in ways that less intense emotions can never do.” – Kay Redfield Jamison
47. “Follow your Dreams – They give pathway to the wonder of who you are.” ― Debbie Burns
48. “Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf.” – Albert Schweitzer
49. “Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. “I believe that life is chaotic, a jumble of accidents, ambitions, misconceptions, bold intentions, lazy happenstances, and unintended consequences, yet I also believe that there are connections that illuminate our world, revealing its endless mystery and wonder.” – David Maraniss
Don’t forget to also read these galaxy quotes for those who wonder.
Which of these wonder quotes was your favorite?
Wonder is an important aspect of human nature. Although many people tend to think of wonder as a childlike emotion, adults are fully capable of experiencing it too.
Experiencing wonder not only makes us feel good in the moment, but it’s also good for our health and well being. Hopefully, the quotes above have motivated you to seek out the multitudes of marvels in life.
Did you enjoy these wonder quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
May 5, 2019 7:15 AM EST