Victory Quotes To Help You Face Life’s Battles
March 31, 2022 7:00 AM EST
These victory quotes will help you celebrate your wins, but also help you during the times you lose a battle.
Everyone wants to win at the things that are important to them, even those of us who are not competitive.
We fight battles every day, whether they are with ourselves, other people, or outside matters.
Internal battles to overcome challenges and become the person we are meant to be are integral to our self-growth.
You might find yourself trying to best someone else when it comes to furthering your career or education.
Of course, you will want to succeed.
When you do it is important to acknowledge your victories.
When you do not come out on top though, failure can be an opportunity to learn, and should also be celebrated in its own way.
It is a chance for you to grow and be better, or learn that we do not always win, even when we really want something.
These inspirational victory quotes will help you make it through whatever fight is going on in your life right now.
Don’t forget to also check out these success quotes to inspire greatness in life and business.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Inspirational Victory Quotes
1. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” — Thomas Paine
You will also enjoy our article on Nicki Minaj quotes.
2. “Obstacles are challenges for winners and excuses for losers.” — M. E. Kerr
You will also enjoy our article on Alexander the Great quotes.
3. “If you don’t have confidence, you’ll always find a way not to win.” — Carl Lewis
4. “The most distinguishing feature of winners is their intensity of purpose.” — Alymer Letterman
5. “The extra energy required to make another effort is the secret of winning.” — Denis Waitley
6. “Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up.” — Amby Burfoot
7. “Winners are willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.” — Vince Lombardi
8. “Sometimes in life, you don’t always feel like a winner, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a winner.” — Lady Gaga
9. “It’s not the will to win that matters-everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” — Paul’ Bear’ Bryant
10. “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” — Vince Lombardi
Thought-provoking Victory Quotes
11. “Where there is unity, there is always victory.” — Publilius Syrus
12. “Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory.” — Bill Russell
13. “Without a plan, there’s no attack. Without attack, no victory.” — Curtis Armstrong
14. “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” — Horace Mann
15. “The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious.” — Oswald Spengler
16. “Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.” — George S. Patton
17. “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.” — Mahatma Gandhi
18. “The only victories which leave no regret are those which are gained over ignorance.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
19. “The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself; to be conquered by yourself is of all things most shameful and vile.” — Plato
20. “If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride—and never quit—you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards.” — Bear Bryant
Victory Quotes about defeat
21. “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” — Malcolm Forbes
22. “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” — Joel Osteen
23. “In the time of darkest defeat, victory may be nearest.” — William McKinley
24. “When you walk with Jesus, defeat turns into victory.” — Beth Moore
25. “Victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.” — Og Mandino
26. “You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat.” — Christy Mathewson
27. “So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.” — Theodore Roosevelt
28. “The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory, not defeat.” — Joel Osteen
29. “To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one’s own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.” — Plato
30. “In every adversity, there lies the seed of an equivalent advantage. In every defeat is a lesson showing you how to win the victory next time.” — Robert Collier
Victory Quotes from famous people
31. “I do not steal victory.” — Alexander the Great
32. “My winning is getting to perform. That’s my victory.” — Kelly Clarkson
33. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” — Nicki Minaj
34. “I glory in conflict that I may hereafter exult in victory.” — Frederick Douglass
35. “Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.” — John F. Kennedy
36. “To give victory to the right, not bloody bullets, but peaceful ballots only, are necessary.” — Abraham Lincoln
37. “I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.” — Aristotle
38. “Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.” — Winston Churchill
39. “It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.” — Buddha
40. “My greatest victory has been to be able to live with myself, to accept my shortcomings. I’m a long way from the human being I’d liked to be, but I’ve decided I’m not so bad after all.” — Audrey Hepburn
Victory against all odds Quotes
41. “Pessimists calculate the odds. Optimists believe they can overcome them.” — Ted Koppel
42. “Believe in yourself and have confidence that you can compete against all odds.” — Robert Johnson
43. “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” — Jesse Jackson
44. “Every successful person in life began by pursuing a passion, usually against all odds.” — Robert Kiyosaki
45. “Success in life is not for those who run fast, but for those who keep running and always on the move.” — Bangambiki Habyarimana
46. “Against all odds, if you still persist and create your art, it will be a victory! It will be your victory. Finally, you would win.” — Avijeet Das
47. “Taking action, persisting and finding alternative routes to your destination against all odds is the definition of a successful venture.” — Oscar Bimpong
48. “Success is for those that presses on when they see a wall, find ways around a roadblock and consistently push boundaries and conquer territories against all odds.” — Oscar Bimpong
49. “Holdups serve to help you learn more about what you are trying to achieve, push your boundaries, and score a lot of small victories when you overcome all these unexpected hurdles.” — Saidi Mdala
50. “Success is not measured by what a man accomplishes, but by the opposition he has encountered and the courage with which he has maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.” — Charles Lindbergh
Celebrate your victories and your defeats
Victory, when the cards are stacked against you, can be especially sweet.
Beating the odds and overcoming challenges is one of the most profound victories that people can experience.
It isn’t so much the victory, or loss, that matters though.
It is during the process that you learn and develop new skills or thought processes.
These skills and ways of thinking will help you in the future, regardless of whether you win this particular challenge.
It is important that we view the journey and not just the outcome.
You can not predict the outcome of your trials, but you can do your best to ensure you win.
If you fight for what you want with effort, honesty, and dignity, then you are already a winner!
Which of these victory quotes and sayings spoke to you the most?
You can let us know in the comment section below, or share some of your favorites that might not have made the list.