These wish quotes will have you ready to make progress toward your goals.
Some people make wishes for things they want in the future but keep them close to their hearts without ever sharing them or working toward them.
Then on the other hand, there are people who turn their wishes into goals and work to make them happen.
While it can be fun to make wishes without putting action to them, they remain unfulfilled desires.
If you have a lot of wishes for what you want to see happen in your life or those around you, use the wish quotes below as motivation to make something happen.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Top 10 Best Wish Quotes
The things we wish for can motivate us to take action to reach our dreams. Find motivation to make your wishes a reality with the quotes below.
1. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
3. “Be as you wish to seem.” – Socrates
4. “If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
5. “My wish is to stay always like this, living quietly in a corner of nature.” – Claude Monet
6. “Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be.” – Jack Welch
7. “I wish they would only take me as I am.” – Vincent Van Gogh
8. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.” – Robert A. Heinlein
10. “I wish I had an answer to that because I’m tired of answering that question.” – Yogi Berra
Simply Amazing Wish Quotes
It’s easy to sit and wish for the things that we want, but that won’t get us any closer to achieving them. Instead, you can find inspiration in these quotes to make your wishes come true.
11. “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” – Cesare Pavese
12. “Life is too short to be scared and not take risks. I’d rather be the person that’s like, ‘I messed up,’ than, ‘I wish I did that.” – Justine Skye
13. “What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know.” – Saint Augustine
14. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
15. “Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough, You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” – James M. Barrie
16. “Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.” – Michel de Montaigne
17. “What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
18. “Spending quality time with my closed ones is always on my wish list.” – Nidhhi Agerwal
19. “If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” – Carl Sagan
20. “Sometimes I wish that I was the weather, you’d bring me up in conversation forever. And when it rained, I’d be the talk of the day.” – John Mayer
Exceptionally Engaging Wish Quotes
People can wish for all kinds of different things. After reading the quotes below, think about what things you are wishing for so you can start taking action.
21. “Treat others as you wish to be treated. Don’t just be nice, but be kind to other people. That can be so rewarding.” – Mary Lambert
22. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
23 “Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly.” – Saint Francis de Sales
24. “Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it. ” – Thomas Jefferson
25. “Is freedom anything else than the right to live as we wish? Nothing else. ” – Epictetus
26. “Be content with what you are, and wish not change; nor dread your last day, nor long for it. ” – Marcus Aurelius
27. “Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth. ” – Wole Soyinka
28. “Sometimes I wish my first word was ‘quote,’ so that on my death bed, my last words could be ‘end quote.’ ” – Steven Wright
29. “I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm’s way. ” – John Paul Jones
30. “I don’t wish jail on nobody, not even my worst enemies.” – Lil Durk
Wish Quotes you Won’t Forget
Many people have wished for important things over the years. See what wishes these quotes trigger in your own life.
31. “My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth.” – George Washington
32. “I wish I could dress like a princess every day.” – Daisy Lowe
33. “One of the dreams on my wish list is to spend more time in Thailand. “– Kevin Kwan
34. “I just wish people would realize that anything’s possible if you try; dreams are made possible if you try. “ – Terry Fox
35. “I wish that every human life might be pure transparent freedom.” – Simone de Beauvoir
36. “No one knows who is listening, say nothing you would not wish put in the newspapers.” – Charles Spurgeon
37. “Oh, I am an angel, though sometimes I wish I was more of a devil.” – Victoria Pendleton
38. “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish. “– Tony Robbins
39. “I wish I could shut up, but I can’t, and I won’t.” – Desmond Tutu
40. “If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Some Other Wish Quotes
The things we wish for we usually keep near to our hearts. If you have important things you wish for, use the following quotes as inspiration to go after your wishes.
41. “What you wish to others, God wishes to you.” – T. B. Joshua
42. “I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.” – Muhammad Ali
43. “What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also.” – Julius Caesar
44. “Most people can bear adversity; but if you wish to know what a man really is give him power.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
45. “I have a wish. It’s a fear as well – that in my end will be my beginning.” – Che Guevara
46. “Death is the wish of some, the relief of many, and the end of all. “ – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
47. “Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master.” – Sallust
48. “Pull the string, and it will follow wherever you wish. Push it, and it will go nowhere at all.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
49. “If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.” – Joseph Addison
50. “I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them.” – Frederic Chopin
Do these wish quotes have you wanting to make some wishes of your own?
There are a few times when it’s tradition to make wishes.
We make wishes when we blow the candles out on our birthday cake every year, and aren’t allowed to tell anyone or else it won’t come true.
We make a wish on the first star that we see in the sky at night.
And we make wishes as we throw pennies into water fountains.
There is something about making wishes and hoping they will come true that intrigues people and provides them with a little hope and excitement.
If you’re feeling inspired and hopeful after reading these wish quotes, take some time to reflect on what wishes you have and share them in the comments.
September 30, 2022 8:00 AM EST