These quotes about the importance of movement will give you a burst of energy.
Moving your body is important, especially in the modern world where a sedentary lifestyle is common. These movement quotes will inspire you to take action and start exercising. It’s bad for your health to spend too much time in front of the computer or television without moving.
Why is movement so important?
If you want to live a long, healthy life, it’s vital to incorporate fitness into your everyday routine. This collection of movement quotes highlights the importance of an active lifestyle.
Motion is a valuable and enjoyable aspect of life. Our ability to move, exercise, and align our bodies is amazing. Read these quotes about the importance of movement and celebrate all your physical talents and gifts. Once you embrace fitness into your lifestyle, you’ll feel more energized than ever. This list of motivational quotes will have you moving your body to a new rhythm.
Also check out these walking quotes about the mental, physical, and emotional benefits.
Movement quotes to give you a burst of energy
1. “Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.” – Carol Welch
2. “All that is important is this one moment in movement. Make the moment important, vital, and worth living. Do not let it slip away unnoticed and unused.” – Martha Graham
3. “The primary and most beautiful of nature’s qualities is motion” – Marquis De Sade
4. “I move, therefore I am.” – Haruki Murakami
5. “We have a brain for one reason and one reason only ― that’s to produce adaptable and complex movements. Movement is the only way we have affecting the world around us … I believe that to understand movement is to understand the whole brain. And therefore it’s important to remember when you are studying memory, cognition, sensory processing, they’re there for a reason, and that reason is action.” – Daniel Wolpert
6. “Me thinks that the minute my legs begin to move my thoughts begin to flow, as if I had given vent to the stream at the lower end and consequently new fountains flowed into it at the upper.” – Henry David Thoreau
7. “Much more of the brain is devoted to movement than to language. Language is only a little thing sitting on top of this huge ocean of movement.” – Oliver Sacks
8. “Your hand opens and closes and opens and closes. If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralyzed. Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as bird wings.” – Rumi
9. “I’m passionately involved in life: I love its change, its color, its movement. To be alive, to be able to see, to walk, to have houses, music, paintings ― it’s all a miracle.” – Arthur Rubinstein
10. “The body always leads us home … if we can simply learn to trust sensation and stay with it long enough for it to reveal appropriate action, movement, insight, or feeling.” – Pat Ogden
Movement quotes that will motivate you to move your body
11. “Consciousness is only possible through change; change is only possible through movement.” – Aldous Huxley
12. “I see plainly how external images influence the image that I call my body: they transmit movement to it. And I also see how this body influences external images: it gives back movement to them.” – Henri Bergson
13. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
14. “Trying out new ways of using your body in handling various situations breaks you free from old ways of thinking and being.” – Mirka Knaster
15. “It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” – Alan Cohen
16. “Think with the whole body.” – Taisen Deshimaru
17. “The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.” – Blaise Pascal
18. “Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
19. “Too much action with too little intent makes for wasteful exertion of energy and the confusion between movement and progress.” – Steve Maraboli
20. “Exercise alone provides psychological and physical benefits. However, if you also adopt a strategy that engages your mind while you exercise, you can get a whole host of psychological benefits fairly quickly.” – James Rippe
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of exercise quotes to inspire long term thinking.
Movement quotes to make you more active
21. “Our own body is the best health system we have ― if we know how to listen to it.” – Christiane Northrup
22. “Change means movement. Movement means friction. Only in the frictionless vacuum of a nonexistent abstract world can movement or change occur without that abrasive friction of conflict.” – Saul Alinsky
23. “Exercise and application produce order in our affairs, health of body, cheerfulness of mind, and these make us precious to our friends.” – Thomas Jefferson
24. “Behind the visible movement there is another movement, one which cannot be seen, which is very strong, on which the outer movement depends. If this inner movement were not so strong, the outer one would not have any action.” – Jeanne de Salzmann
25. “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
26. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
27. “Sometimes it’s only in the ecstasy of unrepressed movement that we may enter the stillness of our authentic selves. In such sacred moments, the world seems to be in step. This is why the idea of finding love across the dance floor endure ― symbolizing that, when we know the true rhythm of our heart, we know the other.” – Alexandra Katehakis
28. “Movement is tranquility.” – Stirling Moss
29. “Exercise and temperance can preserve something of our early strength even in old age.” – Cicero
30. “We float effortlessly in the ethereal tide of the movement of the rhythms of nature and the vibrations of the pulse of life.” – Ian Factor
Movement quotes on the importance of an active lifestyle
31. “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” – Paul Dudley White
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes expressing the power of making healthy choices.
32. “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
33. “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” – Plato
34. “Whatever gets you moving and out of your head is good for you.” – Marty Rubin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of moving quotes about the power of a new environment.
35. “Action is this movement which is itself thought and emotion. This action is the relationship between the individual and society. It is conduct, work cooperation, which we call fulfillment. That is, when mind is functioning without seeking a culmination, a goal, and therefore thinking creatively, that thinking is action, which is the relationship between the individual and society. Now, if this movement of thought is clear, simple, direct, spontaneous, profound, then there is no conflict in the individual against society, for action then is the very expression of this living, creative movement.” – Krishnamurti
36. “Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” – Jason Crandall
37. “Inertness is the universal sign of death. Nothing can exist without movement.” – Drew Gerald
38. “People will pay any price for motion. They will even work for it. Look at bicycles.” – William Faulkner
39. “Movement is the song of the body.” – Vanda Scaravelli
40. “Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.” – Alfred Adler
Movement quotes to motivate you into action
41. “To me, if life boils down to one thing, it’s movement. To live is to keep moving.” – Jerry Seinfeld
42. “There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion.” – Carl Jung
43. “Life is in a perpetual spontaneous movement and free. The art of all arts is to capture a 3-dimensional contextual moment. If you cling to it you won’t capture it and if you do not stay alert you’ll miss it.” – Philippe Benichou
44. “Life is a balance between rest and movement.” – Rajneesh
45. “I really love yoga. I love the mindfulness of it, where not only are you exercising your body, but you’re also building that mind/body connection as far as being aware of every movement – what your body’s doing, how your body’s feeling.” – Miranda Rae Mayo
46. “People in motion are wonderful to photograph. It means catching the right moment… when one thing changes into something else.” – Andre Kertesz
47. “There is movement and movement. There are movements of small tension and movements of great tension and there is also a movement which our eyes cannot catch although it can be felt. In art this state is called dynamic movement.” – Kazimir Malevich
48. “Everything is in motion. Everything flows. Everything is vibrating.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
49. “Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
50. “The dance is a poem of which each movement is a word.” – Mata Hari
Other inspirational movement quotes
51. “We see in order to move; we move in order to see.” – William Gibson
52. “Take action! An inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention.” – Steve Maraboli
53. “Movement satisfies the prerequisites for your body function. Don’t rest! Move!” – Joerg Teichmann
54. “A movement is always made up of individuals, and it’s the cumulative effort to these individuals that create change.” – Earthling Ed
55. “We move from one invisibility to another.” – Ali Smith
56. Every little movement has a meaning of its own. – Tony Sarg
57. “Using your body to free your mind. That’s the blessing bestowed by movement, by action.” – Marty Rubin
58. “Every movement based on the kingdom principles brings a positive turnaround.” – Sunday Adelaja
59. “By moving fearlessly you can gain a limitless mind.” – Armin Houman
60. “Each day move a little more from tightening to lightening.” – Alan Cohen
Which of these movement quotes motivates you to move your body?
Fitness and exercise are important aspects of a healthy life. Moving your body is good for your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. This collection of movement quotes will encourage you to live a more active lifestyle.
As you incorporate movement into your daily routine, you’ll begin to notice positive results. If you want to feel happier, stronger, and more energized, turn to the power of motion. Read these movement quotes for fitness inspiration and take action today.
Many people underestimate the importance of movement. Living an active life and moving your body will improve your overall health and happiness. These quotes about movement and energy will inspire you to reach your goals. Whether you like running, swimming, biking, or some other activity, these words are sure to resonate with you. Share this list of quotes with your friends and family and inspire them to get moving.
What are your favorite movement quotes and sayings? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 4, 2021 6:00 AM EST