Read these opinion quotes to gain some insight into the difference between facts and views.
You’ve probably heard or seen the saying, “Opinions are like *belly buttons*, everybody has one.”
However, just because someone has an opinion doesn’t make it the truth.
Your opinion, or someone else’s, is not always right.
You should always take an opinion, even when it’s your own, with a grain of salt!
What’s the problem with listening to other people’s opinions?
These opinion quotes will shed some light on what makes an opinion different from fact.
Sometimes, an opinion can open up the discussion and lead people closer to common ground.
Those conversations are important to our development.
Don’t forget to also check out these you are amazing quotes to bring you pure joy.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Opinion quotes about the problem with listening to other people’s views
1. “People will always have opinions about your decision because they’re not courageous enough to take action on their opinion.” ― Steve Maraboli
2. “Opinions are the cheapest commodities on earth. Everyone has a flock of opinions ready to be wished upon anyone who will accept them. If you are influenced by “opinions” when you reach DECISIONS, you will not succeed in any undertaking.” ― Napoleon Hill
You will also enjoy our article on Friedrich Nietzsche quotes.
3. “The greatest fear in the world is of the opinions of others. And the moment you are unafraid of the crowd, you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion. A great roar arises in your heart, the roar of freedom.” ― Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
4. “Pursue your goal. Opinions be damned.” ― Stacy Verdick Case
You will also enjoy our article on atheist quotes.
5. “Winners have no interest or association in the opinions, actions or affairs of losers.” ― Jeffrey Fry
6. “Most people think everybody feels about them much more violently than they actually do; they think other people’s opinions of them swing through great arcs of approval or disapproval.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. “Remember, criticism is only that person’s opinion. Don’t take everything to heart.” ― Akiroq Brost
8. “One day you’ll discover that the opinions of worthless people are worthless.” ― Piers Anthony
9. “Their opinions are not your oxygen. They should only fan your fucking flames.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
10. “Measure your success with your happiness, not with other’s opinions.” ― Giridhar Alwar
11. “Avoid being brainwashed or controlled by the opinions or attitudes of others.” ― Steven Redhead
Opinion quotes about our individual views
12. “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison
13. “People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn’t stop you from having your own opinion.” ― Anne Frank
14. “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.” ― Douglas Adams
15. “The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.” ― William Blake
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of William Blake quotes for the creative soul.
16. “Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in.” ― Isaac Asimov
17. “If you’re going to say what you want to say, you’re going to hear what you don’t want to hear.” ― Roberto Bolaño
18. “Nothing is more conducive to peace of mind than not having any opinions at all.” ― Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
19. “Your opinions are your symptoms.” ― Tom Stoppard
20. “It’s important to know what you think, my dear, or else you will be so hemmed in by other people’s ideas and opinions, you won’t have room for your own.” ― Karen Cushman
Fact vs Opinion quotes
21. “Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.” ― Joseph Joubert
22. “You must not pay too much attention to opinions. The written word is unalterable, and opinions are often only an expression of despair.” ― Franz Kafka
23. “Most often people seek in life occasions for persisting in their opinions rather than for educating themselves.” ― André Gide
24. “Opinions are initials to shape and create the examples. But the world can never be changed by examples that lie on lies.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
25. “Question the opinions, don’t question the facts.” ― Amit Kalantri
26. “The opinion that is void of fact is given birth at the hands of the person void of thought.” ― Craig D
27. “The fastest way to become ridiculously biased is to collect opinions like berries and ignore facts. However, gathering facts are more useful berries; opinions have a better taste.” ― Thomas Vato
28. “Everyone has the right to their opinions on a matter but make sure to do your research and know the facts before your opinion crown you an ignorant fool. Keep this in mind, do not be lazy with your research and have conversations with opposite minds from your opinions of the matter.” ― Jesus Apolinaris
29. “Healthy debate occurs when people can agree that they have differences of opinions, not differences in facts.” ― Robert J. Braathe
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of advice quotes about offering your opinion.
The perfect opinion quotes
30. “When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she’s a bitch.” ― Bette Davis
31. “My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I’m right.” ― Ashleigh Brilliant
32. “If you want me to treat your ideas with more respect, get some better ideas.” ― John Scalzi
33. “The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!” ― Brian Cox
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of listening quotes that express the importance of listening.
34. “Opinions are like onions. They spell similarly, usually have many layers, and tend to make people cry.” ― Caitlyn Paige
35. “I have opinions of my own – strong opinions – but I don’t always agree with them.” ― George H.W. Bush
36. “Sometimes I think you don’t really believe the things you say; you just like the sound of yourself having opinions.” ― Amy Reed
37. “The worst time to give someone your opinion is when no one has asked for it.” ― Cory Stallworth
38. “The circumstances of the world are so variable that an irrevocable purpose or opinion is almost synonymous with a foolish one.” ― William Seward
Profound opinion quotes
39. “Our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions any more than our opinions in physics or geometry…” ― Thomas Jefferson
40. “Don’t judge a man by his opinions, but what his opinions have made of him.” ― Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
41. “The opinions that are held with passion are always those for which no good ground exists; indeed, the passion is the measure of the holder’s lack of rational conviction. Opinions in politics and religion are almost always held passionately.” ― Bertrand Russell
42. “Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots.” ― Victor Hugo
43. “I also learned that a person was not necessarily bad just because you did not agree with him and that if you believed in something, you had better be prepared to defend it.” ― Hillary Clinton
44. “It’s as simple as this. When people don’t unload their opinions and feel like they’ve been listened to, they won’t really get on board.” ― Patrick Lencioni
45. “In conversation, we are sometimes confused by the tone of our own voice, and mislead to make assertions that do not at all correspond to our opinions.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of confused quotes about the ups and downs of life.
46. “People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
47. “But every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle.” ― Thomas Jefferson
48. “All extreme opinions consume themselves.” ― Marty Rubin
49. “Let us be more than our opinions.” ― Lidia Longorio
50. “The tricky thing about giving opinions is that sometimes they cost you more than you wanted to spend.” ― Stacey Lee
More opinion quotes and sayings
51. “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” – Daniel Patrick Moynihan
52. “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” –Marcus Aurelius
53. Don’t let someone else’s opinion of you become your reality.” – Les Brown
54. “Never judge anyone by another’s opinions. We all have different sides that we show to different people.” – Jacqueline Susann
55. “There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.” – Winston Churchill
56. “New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common.” – John Locke
57. “In order to realize our true selves, we must be willing to live without being dependent upon the opinion of others.” – Bruce Lee
58. “Where an opinion is general, it is usually correct.” – Jane Austen
59. Our opinions do not really blossom into fruition until we have expressed them to someone else.” – Mark Twain
60. “Truth is one forever absolute, but opinion is truth filtered through the moods, the blood, the disposition of the spectator.” – Wendell Phillips
The Opinion Quotes to Keep in Mind when Struggling With People’s Views
61. “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” ― Noam Chomsky
62. “I don’t care what you think unless it is about me.” ― Kurt Cobain
63. “There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.” ― Hippocrates
64. “Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.” — Plato
65. “If people are going to judge me without fully understanding the content of my character, then their opinion just isn’t worth it.”— Jazz Jennings
66. “Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.” — Mark Twain
67. “Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes”. Voltaire
68. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” — Steve Jobs
69. A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion. — Grantland Rice
70. “The minute you start caring about what other people think, is the minute you stop being yourself.” — Meryl Streep
Opinion Quotes To Help Focus On Your Opinion.
71. “If you fuel your journey on the opinions of others, you are going to run out of gas.” – Steve Maraboli.
72. “To venture an opinion is like moving a piece at chess: it may be taken, but it forms the beginning of a game that is won.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
73. “The only opinion about your dream that counts is yours. The negative comments of others merely reflect their limitations – not yours.” – Cynthia Kersey.
74. “Never let someone’s opinion of you stop you from achieving greatness.” – Asad Meah.
75. “It’s no good being too easily swayed by people’s opinions. You have to believe in yourself.” – Donatella Versace
76. “Instead of forming an opinion about yourself based on others’ views, emphasize your strengths and Give yourself credit for everything you try.” – Senora Roy.
77. “Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.” – Bernard Baruch
78. “Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” – Jack Kerouac.
79. “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. ” – Bertrand Russell.
80. “In every country where man is free to think and to speak, difference of opinion will arise from difference of perception, and the imperfection of reason.” – Thomas Jefferson
Opinion Quotes That Define Your Thinking
81. “The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions and content with your knowledge.” ― Elbert Hubbard
82. “There are a great many opinions in this world, and a good half of them are professed by people who have never been in trouble.” ― Mavis Gallant
83. “I agree with no one’s opinion. I have some of my own.” ― Ivan Turgenev
84. “It is not best that we should all think alike; it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races.” ― Mark Twain
85. “All power, even the most despotic, rests ultimately on opinion.” ― David Hume
86. “Opinions are made to be changed or how is truth to be got at?” ― Lord Byron
87. “Correct opinions well established on any subject are the best preservative against the seduction of error.” ― Richard Mant
88. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.” ― Oscar Wilde
89. “It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
90. “You have no idea what a poor opinion I have of myself and how little I deserve it.” ― William Gilbert
What did you learn from these opinion quotes?
Opinions can be shared and have a constructive purpose.
However, they are not the be-all, end-all of your life.
No other person should have so much sway in your thought process that their opinion alone dictates what you do.
Form your own opinions, based on knowledge and facts, and run with that.
When you are forming your opinions, always try to base them on a core sense of ideals.
Are they based on truth and facts with evidence?
Is there a science to back them up?
When sharing opinions, question your purpose, and the result you hope to achieve.
Be open to learning new things and understand that it is ok to change your opinion.
Remember that just because someone else says something does not make it true.
What’s your biggest takeaway from the above quotes?
Share your favorite opinion quotes and sayings in the comment section below.