These practice quotes will help you with training, coaching, and mastery.
The old saying is true; practice makes perfect.
Practicing your skills guarantees that you will improve and become better and more successful.
This collection of practice quotes will encourage you on your journey to total mastery.
Whether you’re beginning a new hobby, habit, or profession, it’s important to practice on a regular basis.
To become the best at something, you need to practice your skills and hone your natural talents.
If you need motivation to practice harder, read this list of incredible quotes.
These words of wisdom and inspirational thoughts will remind you that practice makes perfect.
At the end of the day, hard work and persistent effort pay off.
Whether you’re interested in sports, art, performance, or knowledge, practicing is the best way to reach the top.
Share this collection of practice quotes with everyone in your life who values personal growth and development.
Don’t forget to also check out these hard work quotes to help you succeed in business, sports, and more.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Practice quotes to improve your skills
1. “I’ve always considered myself to be just average talent and what I have is a ridiculous insane obsessiveness for practice and preparation.” – Will Smith
2. “If you don’t practice you don’t deserve to win.” – Andre Agassi
3. “I know you’ve heard it a thousand times before. But it’s true – hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don’t love something, then don’t do it.” – Ray Bradbury
4. “Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.” – Anton Chekhov
5. “The more you practice, the better you get, the more freedom you have to create.” – Jocko Willink
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Jocko Willink quotes about Leadership.
6. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.” – Maya Angelou
7. “If I don’t practice one day, I know it; two days, the critics know it; three days, the public knows it.” – Jascha Heifetz
8. “Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercises and maintain a healthy lifestyle.” – Sasha Cohen
9. “The more you practice and study, the better you are… so I still practice and study all the time.” – Cyndi Lauper
10. “What can cake teach you about life? That practice makes perfect, and if you try something once, it probably won’t be perfect, and you have to keep working on it if you want to be good at it.” – Nicole Byer
Practice quotes to encourage you on your journey
11. “Let’s practice motivation and love, not discrimination and hate.” – Zendaya
12. “Try to put well in practice what you already know. In so doing, you will, in good time, discover the hidden things you now inquire about.” – Remy de Gourmont
13. “Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.” – Nora Roberts
14. “Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
15. “In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.” – Dalai Lama
16. “I think we need to look at ourselves first. We should practice what we’re preaching. Otherwise, we are hypocrites.” – Mo Ibrahim
17. “Practice puts brains in your muscles.” – Sam Snead
18. “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.” – Michael Jordan
19. “Most people are not good people. In business, in art, in almost every ‘world’ I’ve been in, most people I’ve met are pretty gray to black. It takes practice to be the person who is a source of compassion and honesty.” – James Altucher
20. “Practice is the best of all instructors.” – Publilius Syrus
Practice quotes to help you reach the top
21. “The more you practice tolerating discomfort, the more confidence you’ll gain in your ability to accept new challenges.” – Amy Morin
22. “It’s not necessarily the amount of time you spend at practice that counts; it’s what you put into the practice.” – Eric Lindros
23. “If I don’t practice the way I should, then I won’t play the way that I know I can.” – Ivan Lendl
24. “We have all the light we need, we just need to put it in practice.” – Albert Pike
25. “Freedom is not given to us by anyone; we have to cultivate it ourselves. It is a daily practice… No one can prevent you from being aware of each step you take or each breath in and breath out.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
26. “Life has a practice of living you, if you don’t live it.” – Philip Larkin
27. “Wellness, I came to realize, will not happen by accident. It must be a daily practice, especially for those of us who are more susceptible to the oppressiveness of the world.” – Jenna Wortham
28. “YouTube videos and practice have taught me all I know.” – James Charles
29. “Reading and writing, like everything else, improve with practice. And, of course, if there are no young readers and writers, there will shortly be no older ones. Literacy will be dead, and democracy – which many believe goes hand in hand with it – will be dead as well.” – Margaret Atwood
30. “Like I said, repetition in practice and hard work.” – Jerry Rice
Practice quotes to inspire growth and progress
31. “Just as you wouldn’t leave the house without taking a shower, you shouldn’t start the day without at least 10 minutes of sacred practice: prayer, meditation, inspirational reading.” – Marianne Williamson
32. “I’m a strong believer that you practice like you play, little things make big things happen.” – Tony Dorsett
33. “Practice radical humility. Take no credit for your talents, intellectual abilities, aptitudes, or proficiencies. Be in a state of awe and bewilderment.” – Wayne Dyer
34. “Life is easy to chronicle, but bewildering to practice.” – E. M. Forster
35. “If you haven’t got it. Fake it! Too short? Wear big high heels, but do practice walking!” – Victoria Beckham
36. “Whether I’m playing right now or not, I still have an opportunity to get better in practice. It’s like sharpening my blade.” – Stefon Diggs
37. “What is common sense isn’t common practice.” – Stephen Covey
38. “If you’re not comfortable with public speaking – and nobody starts out comfortable; you have to learn how to be comfortable – practice. I cannot overstate the importance of practicing. Get some close friends or family members to help evaluate you, or somebody at work that you trust.” – Hillary Clinton
39. “Only one thing registers on the subconscious mind: repetitive application – practice. What you practice is what you manifest.” – Fay Weldon
40. “I have to practice to be good at guitar. I have to write 100 songs before you write the first good one.” – Taylor Swift
More practice quotes to motivate you
41. “To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.” – Confucius
42. “Theory is splendid but until put into practice, it is valueless.” – James Cash Penney
43. “You have to be ready to compete. Because lots of people dream that dream, to be the best at something. But are you ready to commit to the hard work that it takes to get there? For me, it just became a part of my life, and it was what it was. Another day, another basketball practice or another game.” – Chris Bosh
44. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
45. “In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.” – Yogi Berra
46. “I really believe that if you practice enough you could paint the ‘Mona Lisa’ with a two-inch brush.” – Bob Ross
47. “The more I practice the luckier I get.” – Arnold Palmer
48. “If you really want to be world class – to be the best you can be – it comes down to preparation and practice.” – Robin S. Sharma
49. “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.” – Mahatma Gandhi
50. “Practice means to perform, over and over again in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired.” – Martha Graham
Other inspirational practice quotes
51. “Practice doesn’t make perfect. Practice reduces the imperfection.” – Toba Beta
52. “Practice is the hardest part of learning, and training is the essence of transformation.” – Ann Voskamp
53. “The way anything is developed is through practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice and more practice.” – Joyce Meyer
54. “Passion, Practice & Persistence will Produce Perfect Performance.” – Sijin Bt
55. “Practice without thought is blind. Thought without practice is empty.” – Kwame Nkrumah
56. “If you want to be more flexible and adaptable, practice challenging your comfort zones.” – Akiroq Brost
57. “Practice gives you skills. Skills give you competence. Competence gives you confidence.” – Woody Miller
58. “Practice makes performance. You cannot attain perfection. What you do consistently is what you end up with.” – Diana Gedye
59. “No matter what gifts you have, practice is the only way to get better at anything.” – Jonathan Harnum
60. “Everything we do is practice for something greater than where we currently are.” – Adam Smith
Practice quotes when you need a little push to continue
61. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” ― Billie Jean King
62. “An ounce of practice is generally worth more than a ton of theory.” ― E F Schumacher
63. “You are what you practice most.” ― Richard Carlson
64. “Tomorrow’s victory is today’s practice.” ― Chris Bradford
65. “Mere philosophy will not satisfy us. We cannot reach the goal by mere words alone. Without practice, nothing can be achieved.” ― Sri S. Satchidananda
66. “What I have achieved by industry and practice, anyone else with tolerable natural gift and ability can also achieve.” ― J. S. Bach
67. “Determination, effort, and practice are rewarded with success.” ― Mary Lydon Simonsen
68. “The practice of forgiveness is very much like the practice of meditation. You have to do it often and persist at it in order to be any good.” ― Katerina Stoykova Klemer
69. “Forget perfect on the first try. In the face of frustration, your best tool is a few deep breaths, and remembering that you can do anything once you’ve practed two hundred times.” ― Miriam Peskowitz
70. “What makes you wise is not what you learn, but what you practice. What makes you wealthy is not what you earn, but what you invest. So, invest in what to practice, and practice what to invest.” ― Michael Peshkam
Practice Quotes To Achieve Greatness
71. “You can use beautiful words for anything, but just words do not make worth without bringing that into practice and reality.” ― Ehsan Sehgal
72. “Goal setting will never stop. I will continue to work hard and practice hard and see where things go.” ― Zach Johnson
73. “I always say that practice gets you to the top most of the time.” ― David Beckham
74. “Progress comes with practice, and practice comes with purpose.” ― Melissa Steginus
75. “Many thoroughfares lead to the destination, but substantially there are only two: purpose and practice.” ― Prof.Salam Al Shereida
76. “Practice only makes for improvement.” ― Les Brown
77. “Every day that you don’t practice is a day you’re getting worse.” ― Amy Chua
78. “When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win.” ― Ed Macauley.
79. “Ardent interest, focused practice, and perseverance are pillars for the solid stone foundation of success.” ― Lee David Daniels
80. “If you see improvement with some practice, you will see perfection with more practice.” ― Amit Kalantri
Which quotes on practice and preparation motivate you to reach for the stars?
If you want to become the best in your field, you will need to dedicate a lot of time and effort to practice.
No one reaches the top without repetitive training and a burning desire.
You cannot be the best if you quit and give up on your dreams.
Never stop practicing, and soon you will notice growth and progress.
When you think about legendary athletes, talented superstars, and incredible role models, you are thinking about people who practiced until they were perfect.
Read through this awesome list of quotes that highlight the importance of practice.
The only way to improve your skills is with hard work, patience, and discipline.
Remember these words of wisdom to motivate yourself if you ever feel like giving up.
What are your favorite practice quotes and sayings about honing your skills until they’re perfect?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST