Struggling to get your priorities in order?
These priority quotes will help you clarify what’s important to you in your life.
In today’s busy world, we can feel rushed to juggle too many responsibilities.
With seemingly not enough time in the day to get everything done, we often wonder what our top priority should be.
Ask anyone in your life and you will likely get different answers from different people.
This makes sense because most people will have different priorities.
How can you determine what your top priority should be?
Chances are, it’s the first thing that came to mind when you read that question.
For many people, the most important thing in life is family, whether that includes their spouse, their children, or other family members.
For other people, their top priority might be their health, faith, community, career, or personal growth.
Use this collection of priority quotes to help you find your top priority and get the rest of your priorities in order, and feel great about your life.
Also read these intuition quotes and sayings that will help you trust your your own instincts.
Priority Quotes About Time Management
1.) “If it’s a priority you’ll find a way. If it isn’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
2.) “Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels.” – Laura Vanderkam
3.) “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey
4.) “There’s nothing like a good night’s sleep to remember what your priorities are.” – Amy Reed
5.) “You don’t get time. You create time.” – Sanhita Baruah
6.) “Action expresses priorities.” – Mahatma Gandhi
7.) “To change your life, you need to change your priorities.” – Mark Twain
8.) “There is no such thing as ‘I do not have the time’. This is all just a matter of priorities.” – Maciej Aniserowicz
9.) “In a way, I have simplified my life by setting priorities.” – Karen Duffy
10.) “My first priority is time with my family.” – Tom Selleck
11.) “Time management is an oxymoron. Time is beyond our control, and the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have.” – John C. Maxwell
12.) “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” – Stephen Covey
13.) “Productivity refers to both the action and the result of a process that centres on assessing one’s priorities and then acting on them.” – Melissa Steginus
14.) “Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.” – Dallin H. Oaks
15.) “Life is short. Focus on what really matters most; you should change your priorities over time.” – Roy T. Bennett
Priority Quotes About Work-Life Balance
16.) “Don’t be a time manager, be a priority manager. Cut your major goals into bite-sized pieces. Each small priority or requirement on the way to ultimate goal become a mini goal in itself.” – Denis Waitley
17.) “I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.” – Zig Ziglar
18.) “It’s important to show each other your marriage is a priority.” – Zoe Foster Blake
19.) “I’ve always been very aware of balance and, even before I had a child, my life always takes priority to my work.” – Charlize Theron
20.) “I have a career, which is important, but my family is the priority. First family, and then career. It’s a delicate balance.” – Jimmy Cliff
21.) “Creative people don’t behave very well generally. If you’re looking for examples of good relationships in show business, you’re gonna be depressed real fast. I don’t have time for anything else right now but work and my daughter. She’s my first priority.” – Jim Carrey
22.) “Family has always been the number one priority no matter what happens anywhere else.” – Gloria Estefan
23.) “Be a father first. Don’t put a priority of being a friend with your wife first, or a friend with your kids first.” – Hulk Hogan
24.) “I’m quite an independent person, and I had to be. As a boy and growing into a young man I had to look out for myself. And now I’m very family-oriented. It’s a big priority in my life.” – Hugh Jackman
25.) “My first priority is trying to protect my family.” – Orlando Bloom
26.) “Connecting with my daughter is the most important thing in my life – the priority. I want to be a man who shows up for her. I want to have such a big influence on her, so that she knows she can call me about anything, which she does.” – Jamie Foxx
27.) “Being a husband is for me as big a priority as being a father.” – Roger Federer
28.) “My children are my priority and always have been.” – Victoria Beckham
29.) “Never put your family, friends, or significant other low on your priority list. Prefer a handful of truly close friends to a hundred acquaintances.” – Sam Altman
30.) “When men or women make their work their top priority and become hostile to the normal, natural needs of their children and spouse – obviously, something is wrong.” – Laura Schlessinger
31.) “My family is my number one priority.” – Oren Etzioni
32.) “We’re parents first, and once you have kids, everybody knows that you have priority lists. Number one is your family and everything else just kind of finds its place.” – Tim McGraw
33.) “There’s no such thing as work-life balance. There are work-life choices, and you make them, and they have consequences.” – Jack Welch
34.) “A person has got to balance work and life and family in order to be a balanced person.” – P. J. O’Rourke
Priority Quotes About Happiness and Success
35.) “I have this really high priority on happiness and finding something to be happy about.” – Taylor Swift
36.) “Wise are those who learn that the bottom line doesn’t always have to be their top priority.” – William Arthur Ward
37.) “Perpetual devotion to what a man calls his business, is only to be sustained by perpetual neglect of many other things.”- Robert Louis Stevenson
38.) “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.” – Thomas Merton
39.) “Your life will be a blessed and balanced experience if you first honor your identity and priority.” – Russell M. Nelson
40.) “Want to be successful? Change your priorities!” – Himmilicious
41.) “Let us reflect on what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that.” – Dalai Lama
42.) “Often in life, we forget the things we should remember, and remember the things we should forget.” – Anonymous
43.) “The first step to success is knowing your priorities.” – Aspesh
44.) “Like it or not, the world evolves, priorities change and so do you.” – Marilu Henner
45.) “Your priorities are your character.” – Anonymous
46.) “When we tend to the areas of life that are important to us, when we make those things a priority, that’s when we will flourish in those areas.” – Victoria Osteen
Priority Quotes About Putting Your Priorities in Order
47.) “Each night before I go to bed, I take out a small card and write a list of the things I need to do the next day in order of their priority.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
48.) “If your No. 1 priority isn’t winning, and people can tell? That’s the battle. Now there’s a problem between people, because that guy’s No. 1 priority is winning, and that guy’s isn’t.” – Jimmy Butler
49.) “Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
50.) “I do know that when I am 60, I should be attempting to achieve different personal goals than those which had priority at age 20.” – Warren Buffett
51.) “The most important thing in life is knowing the most important things in life.” – David F. Jakielo
52.) “We don’t drift in good directions. We discipline and prioritize ourselves there.” – Andy Stanley
53.) “Value your values by demonstrating your values.” – Richie Norton
54.) “Priorities shift every day; values once defined, stay same.” – John C. Maxwell
55.) “The way one uses the money now is a reflection of his or her life philosophy pertaining to core values and priorities. What will differ during scarcity or abundance thereof is the amounts but never the proportions.” – Lucas D. Shallua
56.) “We can tell our values by looking at our checkbook stubs.” – Gloria Steinem
57.) “A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
58.) “We get real results only in proportion to the real values we give.” – James Cash Penney
59. “May you always value the simple little things in Life. For they make a big difference and hence are the most important.” – Omar Cherif
60. “Remember you must always put your country first, your family second, and yourself third.” – Prince Serge Oblensky
More priority quotes and sayings
61. “Focus on your priorities before your priorities lose focus on you.” – Sarah Leigh
62. “Good things happen not by managing time but by prioritizing attention.” – Richie Norton
63. “Subtracting from your list of priorities is as important as adding to it.” – Frank Sonnenberg
64. “Whatever keeps you from reaching your goals today had better be important – it’s costing you a day of your life!” – Nido R. Qubein
65. “Your priorities determine your happiness — place them in order and act on them.” – Francis Shenstone
66. “Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.” – H.L. Hunt
67. “Having priorities is essential. So is having them in the right order.” – Michael Hyatt
68. “Some things are very important and some are very unimportant. To know the difference is what we are given life to find out.” – Anna F. Trevisan
Priority Quotes for Inspiration
69. “Thinking changes priorities, Priorities change lives.” – Nitin Namdeo
70. “Never make someone your priority when all you are to them is an option.” – Maya Angelou
71. “Happiness is not a priority for me.I prefer the dangers of being madly in love.” – Paulo Coelho
72. “Life is about doing things that matter first, not last” – Richie Norton
73. “Know what matters most to you and be unwilling to compromise those priorities at almost any price.” – Frank Sonnenberg
74. “The root of productivity is in personal priorities. Know what matters to you and why.” – Melissa Steginus
75. “Our greatest danger in life is in permitting the urgent things to crowd out the important.” – Charles E. Hummel
76.) “You always have time for things you put first.” – Anonymous
77. “Lack of time is actually lack of priorities.” – Tim Ferriss
78. “Good things happen when you get your priorities straight.” – Scott Caan
Priority Quotes To Help You Achieve Goals
79. “You owe it to yourself to make your creative development a top priority.” ― Nita Leland
80. “To succeed today, you have to set priorities, decide what you stand for.” ― Sarvesh Jain
81. “When you learn how to set priorities, you will have enough sense to differentiate between urgent and important.” ― Nitin Namdeo
82. “You won’t change until changing becomes one of your priorities instead of one of your options.” ― Sonya Parker
83. “Change according to the Spirit all your priorities, and then joy is your own.” ― Nirmala Srivastava
84. “There are good men out there. There are guys who have their priorities straight, who take care of their kids, who respect their mothers.” ― Pepa
85. “If you just make every effort to do the right thing, you’ll come out ok. It comes down to priorities and making good decisions.” ― Archie Manning
86. “Make priorities based on your goals and not desires.” ― Nitin Namdeo
87. “Success is only another form of failure if we forget what our priorities should be.” ― Harry Lloyd
88. “Only those who are well aware of the instability of life give importance to priorities in life.” ― Nitin Namdeo
So what is your top priority?
Whatever you decide is the highest priority in your life, you’ll always make time for it above all else.
It may be your family, work, health, or something else.
From there you can decide what is the next priority, and the next, and the next.
Don’t forget to make self-care one of your priorities!
If you don’t allow some time for your own needs, everything else will fall apart.
Knowing what is most important to you in life can help you clarify your thinking when you are confronted with tough decisions.
You’ll know where to devote the most time and what to cut down on when you are feeling overwhelmed.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these priority quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other helpful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST