As these body positive quotes will show you, appreciating yourself is the first step to healthy self-confidence.
We all come in many different shapes, colors, sizes, and features. The more time you spend wishing you looked like someone else, the more time you are stealing from yourself. You can’t be someone else and they can’t be you.
Try focusing on your positive qualities and appreciating yourself. Once you learn to focus on the positive, the things you are not as happy about will become less important until you realize that they don’t really matter at all. You are different from everyone else and that is what makes you special!
Don’t forget to also check out these positivity quotes showing the power of optimism.
Body Positive Images To Boost Your Self Confidence
1. “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does that- even the people I consider flawless- you can start to live with the way you are.” – Taylor Swift
2. “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
3. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.” – Serena Williams
4. “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.” – Eve Ensler
5. “To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen Degeneres
6. “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” – Jessica Ortner
7. “My body is normal, and I’m not trying to prove anything.” – Lucy Hale
8. “I don’t want to wait until I’m 73 to embrace my body. To look back and think of my beauty: How did I miss it? Let’s not wait another moment.” – Ashley Asti
9. “Real beauty isn’t about symmetry or weight or makeup; it’s about looking life right in the face and seeing all its magnificence reflected in your own.” – Valerie Monroe
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of makeup quotes about the power of looking good.
10. “Is “fat” really the worst thing a human being can be? Is “fat” worse than “vindictive,” “jealous,” “shallow,” “vain,” “boring,” or “cruel”? Not to me.” – J.K. Rowling
11. “Kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world no matter what you look like.” – Unknown
12. “Weight loss does not make people happy. Or peaceful. Being thin does not address the emptiness that has no shape or weight or name. Even a wildly successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart.” – Geneen Roth
Body Positive Quotes About Feeling Beautiful
13. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
14. “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like. I promise.” – Emma Watson
15. “Although beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, the feeling of being beautiful exists solely in the mind of the beheld.” – Martha Beck
16. “Looking beautiful starts by feeling beautiful.” – Tresors De Luxe
17. “No matter if you wear a small amount of makeup, no makeup, or heavy makeup, as long as you feel beautiful internally and you’re doing beautiful things for other people, and not just focusing on the exterior to make yourself happy, I think you should do what works for you. You should rock on.” – Janelle Monae
18. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
19. “But looking beautiful isn’t, I think, as important as feeling beautiful.” – Julia Quinn
20. “It was the sort of beauty you feel so deeply it becomes contagious and sort of makes you feel beautiful too.” – Alice Hoffman
21. “I feel beautiful when I’m at peace with myself.” – Elle Macpherson
22. “How I feel about myself is more important than how I look. Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin—that’s what really makes you beautiful.” – Bobbi Brown
Inspirational Body Positive Quotes
23. “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.” – Megan Jayne
24. “Just because we have acne, tummy rolls, and chafing thighs doesn’t mean we need fixed. Period.” – Mix Zazon
25. “As a child, I never heard one woman say to me, ‘I love my body’. Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. No one woman has ever said, ‘I am so proud of my body.’ So I make sure to say it to my daughter because a positive physical outlook has to start at an early age.” – Kate Winslet
26. “I don’t have perfect teeth. I’m not stick thin. I want to be the person who feels great in her body and can say that she loves it and doesn’t want to change anything.” – Emma Watson
27. “One thing I’ve learned from experiencing this exact kind of criticism is that no one else can label your body except for you.” – Taylor Swift
28. “I’m not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body.” Demi Lovato
29. “I pride myself on and work hard for, and want other young girls to see that and know that “skinny” isn’t always the goal.” – Kelsea Ballerini
30. “I don’t have a Kate Moss body, but I’m very proud and happy with mine.” – Katy Perry
31. “So the question is, which boulder are you going to choose to roll? The ‘must lose weight’ boulder or the ‘ you I will boldly, definitely accept the body I’ve got and LIVE IN IT’ boulder?” – Kate Harding
32. “Your weight does not define your worth.” – Rachel Pate
Moving Body Positive Quotes
33. “I’m pretty comfortable with my body. I’m imperfect. The imperfections are there. People are going to see them, but I take the view you only live once.” – Kate Hudson
34. “In owning the parts of me that I so badly wanted to hide, I’ve dismantled the shame I’ve held for years, and began building acceptance for myself in its place.” – Lenea Sims
35. “Speak to your body in a loving way. It’s the only one you’ve got, it’s your home, and it deserves your respect.” – Iskra Lawrence
36. “My limbs work, so I’m not going to complain about how my body is shaped.” – Drew Barrymore
37. “I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.” – Selena Gomez
38. “This body has carried me through a hard life. It looks exactly like it was supposed to.” – Veronica Roth
39. “I love taking care of myself. We only have one body apiece, and it’s going to expire sometime, and I’m going to make sure it’s a long, long time from now.” – Carrie Underwood
40. “You are worth more than a waistline.” – Mary Lambert
More Body Positivity Quotes
41. “You look how you look. Be comfortable. What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make other people happy?” – Jennifer Lawrence
42. “My biggest insecurity was my lanky body! People always commented on it. But it’s who I am- and when I dance, I feel beautiful.” – Zendaya
43. “Nobody’s ugly, that doesn’t exist. I say, take the time to get to know who you are, take the time to love yourself, and everything will be alright.” – Zendaya
44. “I have a belly. And I have cellulite. And I still deserve love.” – Amy Schumer
45. “My weight is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content.” – Melissa McCarthy
46. “I don’t want to be skinny. I’m constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don’t beat myself up over it.” – Mindy Kaling
47. “My genetics gave me a curvy figure, and I’ve come to understand that in the Latina culture, that is beautiful.” – Demi Lovato
48. “Even when someone gets to looking like she should be so proud of herself, instead she’s like, ‘I could be another three pounds less; I could be a little taller and have bigger lips.’ Where does it end? You just have to say, ‘I’m pretty damn good. I am here at the moment and I’m okay with it. I’ve got other things to think about.” – Melissa McCarthy
49. “There is nothing wrong with your body, but there is a lot wrong with the messages which try to convince you otherwise.” – Rae Smith
50. “There is no wrong way to have a body.” – Glenn Maria
What did you learn from these body positive quotes?
The consistent thing that we can learn from these quotes is that you need to accept and appreciate yourself in order to develop self-confidence. Do not wait for the acceptance or approval of others.
Make the decision that you love yourself and are happy with your body and watch your self-confidence increase quickly.
We all need to understand that it is not what others think, but what we think of ourselves that determines how we feel about ourselves.
When you make the decision to love your body, you give yourself a start on self confidence and you make yourself more appealing to others just by liking yourself!
Which of these body positive quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 4, 2020 7:00 AM EST