Ah, the holidays. A time to spend with those we love and make memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you’re enjoying a white Christmas or surrounded by palm trees, these merry Christmas quotes will have you feeling cheerful, merry, and bright!
There are many things to love about Christmas. For many of us, it’s one of our favorite holiday seasons. A time when people are more helpful, more loving, and the smiles and laughter come from everyone.
Unfortunately, the modern society has made the holidays all about presents and materialism, and it’s especially atrocious during Christmas. Many people seem to have forget the true meaning of the season.
But despite all the commercialism, always remember that Christmas is all about being a better, more kinder person. The gifts and food might be plentiful, but we should all reach down within ourselves to find the spirit of Christmas.
To help you embrace the true meaning of the season, below is our collection of inspirational, beautiful, and magical Merry Christmas quotes and sayings.
Also, check out our list of funny Christmas quotes for more inspiration.
Merry Christmas Quotes to Get You in the Holiday Spirit
1. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hills
2. “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” – David Cameron
3. “Each sight, each sound of Christmas, and fragrances sublime, make hearts and faces happy this glorious Christmas time.” — Carice Williams
4. “Christmas day is a day of joy and charity. May God make you very rich in both.” – Phillips Brooks
5. “Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first.” — George Matthew Adams
6. “Christmas is a good time to take stock of our blessings.” — Pat Boone
7. “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” – Andy Rooney
8. “From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas bring us closer to each other.” — Emily Matthews
9. “This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone.” – Taylor Caldwell
10. “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.” — B.C. Forbes
Merry Christmas quotes to bring more joy and happiness into your life
11. “There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up.” ― Jenny Han
12. “Every gift which is given, even though it be small, is in reality great, if it is given with affection.” – Pindar
13. “Christmas now surrounds us, Happiness is everywhere. Our hands are busy with many tasks as carols fill the air.” – Shirley Sallay
14. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale
15. “Christmas is a box of tree ornaments that have become part of the family.” – Charles M. Schulz
16. “May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; The spirit of Christmas which is peace; The heart of Christmas which is love.” — Ada V. Hendricks
17. “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” – Winston Churchill
18. “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
19. “Let us keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed.” – Ann Garnett Schultz
20. “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” — Margaret Thatcher
Merry Christmas quotes to help you find the true meaning of the season
21. “Christmas Day in the company of children is one of the few occasions on which men become entirely alive.” — Robert Lynd
22. “There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas.” – Charles Dickens
23. “The world has grown weary through the years, but at Christmas, it is young.” – Phillips Brooks
24. “What is Christmas? It is the tenderness of the past, courage for the present, and hope for the future.” – Agnes M. Pahro
25. “Have yourself a merry little Christmas, let your heart be light. From now on, our troubles will be out of sight.” — Hugh Martin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of elf quotes for the Christmas holiday.
26. “Christmas is not an external event at all, but a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.” — Freya Stark
27. “Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance — each beautiful, unique, and too soon gone.” – Deborah Whipp
28. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken
29. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” — Charles M. Schulz
30. “Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” – Washington Irving
Merry Christmas quotes to get you in a festive mood
31. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” – Will Ferrell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Will Ferrell quotes to give you a good laugh.
32. “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.” – Norman Wesley Brooks
33. “Christmas is sights, especially the sights of Christmas reflected in the eyes of a child.” — William Saroyan
34. “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” – Calvin Coolidge
35. “The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” – James Cash Penney
36. “Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance—a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.” – Augusta E. Randel
37. “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.” – Janice Maeditere
38. “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
39. “Remember this December, that love weighs more than gold.” – Josephine Daskam Bacon
40. “I heard the bells on Christmas Day, their old, familiar carols play. And wild and sweet, the words repeat, of peace on earth, goodwill to men!” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Merry Christmas quotes that will have you feeling cheerful
41. “That’s what Christmas memories are made from, they’re not planned, they’re not scheduled, nobody puts them in their blackberry, they just happen.” – Deck the Halls
42. “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.” – Helen Steiner Rice
43. “Good news from heaven the angels bring, glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given, to crown us with the joy of heaven.”— Martin Luther
44. “Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness.” — Mo Rocca
45. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
46. “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” – Roy L. Smith
47. “Mankind is a great, an immense family… This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” — Pope John Paul XXIII
48. “There are no strangers on Christmas Eve.” — Adele Comandini
49. “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.” – Harlan Miller
50. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” — Eric Sevareid
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these blessed quotes celebrating your everyday blessings.
Other Merry Christmas quotes and sayings
51. “It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you.” – Mother Teresa
52. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
53. “The way you spend Christmas is far more important than how much.” – Henry David Thoreau
54. “Don’t let the past steal your present. This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone.” – Taylor Caldwell
55. “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” – Edna Ferber
56. “I love the excitement, the childlike spirit of innocence and just about everything that goes along with Christmas.” – Hillary Scott
57. “Christmas makes me happy no matter what time of year it comes around.” – Bryan White
58. “Christmas is, of course, the time to be home – in heart as well as body.” – Garry Moore
59. “Christmas is joy, religious joy, an inner joy of light and peace.” – Pope Francis
60. “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith
Did you enjoy these Merry Christmas quotes?
Christmas is one of the most wonderful times of the year. There’s family time, decorations, Christmas movies, presents and much more. Everyone is happy and friendly, and the giving mood is increased.
Rather than looking on the material side of the holidays, embrace the Christmas spirit and find the true meaning of the season. Hopefully, the quotes above have added to your memories and joy.
Did you enjoy these Merry Christmas quotes? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
October 15, 2019 7:00 AM EST