If you’re struggling with feeling like your life is mundane and you don’t know your purpose, these passion quotes can help inspire you to live a different life.
If you feel like you are drifting through life unsure of what your place really is, you aren’t alone. It’s a common struggle that people face. And, not just those that are in the early phases of life trying to figure out what direction to move in.
There are lots of adults that are even nearing retirement who desire to find what their real passion is instead of just going through the motions of work and life.
If you can relate, the quotes below can be the motivation you need to find your purpose and place in life.
Also check out our list of Scorpio quotes celebrating passion and intensity.
Passion quotes about happiness
1. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. “Hard work is painful when life is devoid of purpose. But when you live for something greater than yourself and the gratification of your own ego, then hard work becomes a labor of love.” — Steve Pavlina
3. “Love what you do and do what you love. Passion is the key that opens the door to joy and abundance.” – David Cuschieri
4. “I say always follow your passion, no matter what, because even if it’s not the same financial success, it’ll lead you to the money that’ll make you the happiest.” – Ellen DeGeneres
Passionquotes about success
5. “What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” – Bob Dylan
6. “Passion will move men beyond themselves, beyond their shortcomings, beyond their failures.” – Joseph Campbell
7. “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” – John C. Maxwell
8. “One of the things that may get in the way of people…is that they’re not in touch with their passion. If you’re passionate about what it is you do, then you’re going to be looking for everything you can to get better at it.” – Jack Canfield
9. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
10. “If you want to be successful in a particular field of endeavor, I think perseverance is one of the key qualities. It’s very important that you find something that you care about, that you have a deep passion for, because you’re going to have to devote a lot of your life to it.” – George Lucas
11. “When you have a passion for something then you tend not only to be better at it, but you work harder at it too.” – Vera Wang
12. “A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one’s own path, not chasing after the dreams of others.” – Chin-Ning Chu
13. “Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion.” – George Hegel
Passionquotes about work
14. “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” — Theodore Roosevelt
15. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
16. “Never work just for money or for power. They won’t save your soul or help you sleep at night.” — Marian Wright Edelman
17. “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do it with much conviction or passion.” – Mia Hamm
18. “Chase your passion, not your pension.” – Denis Waitley
19. “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.” – Anonymous
20. “Passion is so key in leading and creating excellence that I will hire passion over education and talent every time.” – Dave Ramsey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Dave Ramsey quotes that will inspire you to live successfully
21. “Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.” – James Barrie
22. “Make your passion your paycheck.” – Anonymous
23. “True passion attracts. If you have passion in your business, the right people will be attracted to your team.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
Also read these Alchemist quotes that will inspire you to follow your passion.
Passionquotes about embracing life
24. “It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” – Mae Jemison
25. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
26. “Dream big and dare to fail.” – Norman Vaughan
27. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
28. “There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
29. “Embrace who you are and your divine purpose. Identify the barriers in your life, and develop discipline, courage and the strength to permanently move beyond them, and keep moving forward.” ― Germany Kent
30. “Why is it that we spend so much of our time preparing for when we can do what we want, instead of just doing what we want right now?” ― John P. Strelecky
31. “Don’t settle for living mediocre. Focus on all the positive and embrace it. Ignore the negative and be thankful for every single day.” ― Germany Kent
32. “Never apologize for being alive, find your purpose and embrace life.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
Passion quotes to reignite your inner fire
33. “It’s never too late to give up what you are doing and start doing what you realize you love.” – Hans Rosling
34. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” — George Eliot
35. “It’s never too late to start something new, to do all those things that you’ve been longing to do.” – Dallas Clayton
36. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
37. “My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.” – Michael Jordan
You might also like these motivational Misty Copeland quotes that will inspire you to live a life of passion.
Passion quotes to find purpose in life again
38. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” — Les Brown
39. “If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it.” – Wanda Sykes
40. “Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up.” – Isabelle Lafleche
41. “I think I overcame every single one of my personal shortcomings by the sheer passion I brought to my work. If you love your work, you’ll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you–like a fever.” – Sam Walton
42. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there’s love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Jane Fitzgerald
Passion quotes that will inspire you to live a different life
43. “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.” – Hunter S. Thompson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Hunter S. Thompson quotes from journalist and author.
44. “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.” – T.D. Jakes
45. “Ideally, since 80 percent of your life is spent working, you should start your business around something that is a passion of yours. If you’re into kite-surfing and you want to become an entrepreneur, do it with kite-surfing. Look, if you can indulge in your passion, life will be far more interesting than if you’re just working. You’ll work harder at it, and you’ll know more about it. But first you must go out and educate yourself on whatever it is that you’ve decided to do–know more about kite-surfing than anyone else. That’s where the work comes in. But if you’re doing things you’re passionate about, that will come naturally.” – Richard Branson
46. “Finding your passion isn’t just about careers and money. it’s about finding your authentic self. The one you’ve buried beneath other people’s needs.” – Anonymous
47. “Passion is your joy, it is the essence of who you are. You have to unwrap it and find it.” – Jackie St. Onge
48. “I think that in order to be successful, women have to figure out what they’re passionate about first. No matter what you aspire to, you’ve got to love what you do in order to be successful at it.” – Michelle Obama
49. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
50. “You just have to find that thing that’s special about you that distinguishes you from all the others, and through true talent, hard work, and passion, anything can happen.” – Dr. Dre
Which of these passion quotes resonated with you best?
Discovering your passion can go a long way in helping you to find purpose in your life. Without this you probably feel like you are just going through the motions.
It’s possible to be successful at what you do without having passion for it. But when you do what you are passionate about it adds to your life and activities.
You will find pleasure in it and the work you do won’t feel as much like “work” because you will feel excited about it. Sometimes that’s all you need in order to keep going and push through the obstacles that arise.
Did you enjoy these passion quotes? Which of the quotes resonated with you best? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.