Take a moment to check out our relaxing selection of sleeping baby quotes.
Why do babies sleep so cute?
Sleeping babies are universally recognized as one of the cutest things on planet earth.
Why is this?
When babies sleep peacefully, it naturally melts away any frustrations they may have caused while awake.
One of the reasons why we find our children exceptionally cute when they are sleeping is because we know they are safe.
When our children are up and about, we can never truly rest.
We are always keeping a watchful eye on them, making sure they are not in danger.
We feel peace when our babies sleep because we do not have to worry about them.
Check out these interesting facts about baby sleep:
- Much of our physical growth occurs while we sleep.
- A lack of sleep is associated with an increased risk of ADHD.
- Experts agree that sleep is crucial for babies and young children.
Another reason we enjoy watching our kids sleep is that we get a break.
Any parent of a young child knows that it requires vigilance and integrity.
Watching our children sleep gives us time to reflect
Watching our children in slumber provides us with a safe respite to celebrate the day’s small victories.
Reflection time is significant for all of us, but especially parents.
Allowing ourselves to enjoy the moment while watching our children sleep is the same as watching a sunset or a sunrise.
We can take a mental photo and enjoy a sweet moment of parenthood.
Check out our awesome sleep baby quotes below for more sleeping baby cuteness.
Short sleeping baby quotes
These quotes get right to the point.
1. “I have a new hobby; it’s called watching my baby sleep.” — Anonymous
2. “I’m a baby. I sleep like a baby — I’m up every two hours.” — Billy Crystal
3. “People who say they sleep like a baby usually don’t have one.” — Leo. J. Burke
4. “A perfect example of minority rule is a baby in the house.” — Milwaukee Journal
5. “I don’t want to “sleep like a baby,” I want to sleep like my husband.” — Anonymous
6. “I’m sleeping like a baby, too. Every two hours, I wake up screaming.” — Colin Powell
7. “Kiss your children goodnight, even if they are already asleep.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
8. “Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us?” — Alyson Hannigan
9. “Don’t ever tell the mother of a newborn that her baby’s smile is just gas.” — Jill Woodhull
10. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.” — Victor Hugo
Beautiful sleeping baby quotes
What is more lovely than a sleeping baby?
11. “Sleep tight, my little one!” — Anonymous
12. “Babies smell sweeter when they are sleeping.” — Anonymous
13. “When she is sleeping and yawns, my heart melts.” — Anonymous
14. “The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.” — Joe Houldsworth
15. “When my baby is sleeping, that’s when I think, Wow, I made that.” — Maria Jose Ovalle
16. “Happiness is when you’re singing lullabies as you watch your baby fall asleep.” — Debasish Mridha
17. “A sleeping child gives me the impression of a traveler in a very far country.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “A sleeping baby is really good at doing the one thing you don’t get to do anymore.” — Linda Poindexter
19. “Some nights, I sleep like a baby. Other nights it’s, Oh God, I just came up with a bomb shot.” — Michael Bay
20. “Not being able to sleep is terrible. You have the misery of having partied all night without the satisfaction.” — Lynn Johnston
Sleeping baby quotes that make you think
Here we have an excellent collection of sleeping baby quotes to make you think.
21. “There was never a child so lovely, but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “The babies are amazing… They begin each day all warm and sleepy, smelling of promise.” — Julia Roberts
23. “And he thinks that if his soul had a form, this is what it would be. A baby sleeping in his arms.” — Neal Shusterman
24. “There are hard days in motherhood. But looking at your sleeping baby reminds you why it’s all worth it.” — Kara Ferwerda
25. “When you have a baby, sleep is not an option. You can’t sleep. Even on vacation, you wake up at 6:30 am.” — Jimmy Fallon
26. “Like when people say they slept like a baby. Do they mean they slept well? Or do they mean they woke up every ten minutes, screaming?” — Lee Child
27. “My aunt gave me the best advice: Put her to sleep yourself every night. Sing to her and cradle her in your arms and sit by her side — every night. Because one day you won’t be able to.” — Salma Hayek
28. “It was that sort of sleep in which you wake every hour and think to yourself that you have not been sleeping at all; you can remember dreams that are like reflections, daytime thinking slightly warped.” — Kim Stanley Robinson
29. “Like every other mother on the planet, from the moment my first baby entered the house, I stopped getting real sleep. Motherhood means I’m always a little bit awake, a little bit alert at all times. One eye open.” — Shonda Rhimes
30. “The sleep deprivation after children is so real. I liken it to what it must feel like to walk on the moon and cry the whole time because you had heard that the moon was supposed to be great, but in truth, it totally sucks.” — Amy Poehler
Insightful sleeping baby quotes
Watching a sleeping baby is therapeutic.
31. “Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds.” — JoJo Jensen
32. “Kids napping…you wake them, you take them! Do not ring the bell.” — Anonymous
33. “I’m a walking zombie, and I think I’m going to be like that for a while.” — Tiffani Thiessen
34. “Watching my son sleep, I think, “one day he will snore and keep his wife up.” — Anonymous
35. “It’s funny because everyone says you sleep when the baby sleeps, or you take a nap when baby takes a nap. That’s true when you have one. When you have two, that is not true.” — Vanessa Lachey
36. “You just can’t pull out the gun and blow the TV away anymore ’cause the baby might be sleeping.” — Tre Cool
37. “Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You’ll realize this as soon as they are born, and they start using sleep deprivation to break you.” — Ray Romano
38. “Despite having a million things to do, it is very difficult to look away from my sleeping baby. She is like a magnet!” — Maria Jose Ovalle
39. “I feel everything more deeply. Every action I take, I think of her first. That’s a big change for me. That — and no sleep!” — Jenna Dewan-Tatum
40. “It turns out that the ‘Cry It Out’ method of baby sleep training, where you ignore that your kid is screaming, crying, and turning 40 shades of purple so that she can break herself out of the habit of being spoiled and cuddled to sleep, does more harm, way more than good.” — Denene Millner
Sleeping baby quotes for parents
All parents understand the value of a sleeping baby.
41. “It’s okay honey, 2 hours of sleep is all I need, said no mom ever!” — Anonymous
42. “Sleep is like the unicorn- it is rumored to exist, but I doubt I will see any.” — Dr. Seuss
43. “Having children is like living in a frat house- nobody sleeps, everything’s broken, and there’s a lot of throwing up.” — Ray Romano
44. “Rocking a baby to sleep is actually a lot less like a Johnson and Johnson commercial and a lot more like wrestling a 20 lb bag of snakes.” — Anonymous
45. “They eat, they crap, they sleep, and if they’re crying, they need to do one of the three, and they’re having trouble doing it. Real simple.” — Matthew McConaughey
46. “They tell you that at his age, all they do is eat, sleep, and poop. And what I’ve learned is that they can actually do all three at the same time. Who knew?” — Josh Duhamel
47. “The cats nestle close to their kittens; the lambs have laid down with the sheep. You’re cozy and warm in your bed, my dear. Please go the f*** to sleep.” — Adam Mansbach
48. “The one advice that I would give just to moms who have a child or a newborn is definitely sleep while the baby sleeps. I’ve heard that so many times. I never realized how true it really is. If you don’t, you’ll be walking around like a zombie.” — Tia Mowry
49. “Sleep when your baby sleeps. Everyone knows this classic tip, but I say, why stop there? Scream when your baby screams. Take Benadryl when your baby takes Benadryl. And walk around pantless when your baby walks around pantless.” — Tina Fey
50. “The bedtime routine for my kids is like this Royal Coronation Jubilee Centennial of rinsing and plaque and dental appliances and the stuffed animal semicircle of emotional support. And I’ve gotta read eight different moron books. You know what my bedtime story was when I was a kid? Darkness!” — Jerry Seinfeld
Sleeping babies make the world cuter
The science of sleep can be complicated.
New studies on sleep continue to inform the public about how sleep impacts us.
Many findings associated with adult sleep patterns can also ring true for babies.
For example, controlled trials found that babies given a memory task did better when they napped, just like adults.
Fatigued infants have more difficulty dealing with stressful situations.
Babies do not require twelve straight hours of sleep.
It is uncommon for adults to get that type of sleep, and it is normal for babies to sleep intermittently through the night.
Babies are the same as adults; each of us has different sleep patterns.
According to the US National Sleep Foundation, babies up to three months old should get fourteen to seventeen hours of sleep throughout the day.
What is your favorite sleeping baby quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments below.