Our latest collection of determination quotes to help you persevere on Everyday Power.
Are you looking for the perfect words to give you the drive and motivation you need in life right now?
Do you need some inspirational and compelling messages from someone who has walked in the same shoes before you, only to achieve great personal or professional success?
Then this list of determination quotes should be just the ticket you were looking for.
My greatest hope is that below exists some words that would help you remember that with perseverance, you are capable of anything.
Don’t forget to also read these keep pushing quotes and sayings to remind you how strong you are.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Determination Quotes When Life Gets Tough
1. “Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.” – Brian Tracy
2. “Winners are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.” – Unknown
3. “Self-determination is fine but needs to be tempered with self-control.” – Anonymous
4. “The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.” – Author Unknown
5. “A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough.” – John Christian Bovee
6. “If I had to select one quality, one personal characteristic that I regard as being most highly correlated with success, whatever the field, I would pick the trait of persistence. Determination. The will to endure to the end, to get knocked down seventy times and get up off the floor saying, ‘here comes number seventy-one!’.” – Richard Devos
7. “A leader, once convinced that a particular course of action is the right one, must be undaunted when the going gets tough.” – Ronald Reagan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ronald Reagan quotes from the former United States President.
8. “Being your best is not so much about overcoming the barriers other people place in front of you as it is about overcoming the barriers we place in front of ourselves. It has nothing to do with how many times you win or lose. It has no relation to where you finish in a race or whether you break world records. But it does have everything to do with having the vision to dream, the courage to recover from adversity and the determination never to be shifted from your goals.” – Kieran Perkins
10. “The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur.” – Vince Lombardi
Also read these finish strong quotes and sayings to help you go the distance.
Motivational Quotes on Work
11. “Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory.” – Ghandi
12. “Your opponent, in the end, is never really the player on the other side of the net, or the swimmer in the next lane, or the team on the other side of the field, or even the bar you must high jump. Your opponent is yourself, your negative internal voices, your level of determination.” – Grace Lichtenstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of determination quotes to help you keep moving forward.
13. “What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.” – Alexander Graham Bell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of mindset quotes that will help take you where you want to go in life.
14. “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” – Langston Hughes
15. “You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can.” – Jimmy Carter
16. “People who lack the clarity, courage, or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. When you change for the better, the people around you will be inspired to change also….but only after doing their best to make you stop. Live your truth and don’t EVER stop.” – Steve Maraboli
17. “I learned about the strength you can get from a close family life. I learned to keep going, even in bad times. I learned not to despair, even when my world was falling apart. I learned that there are no free lunches. And I learned the value of hard work.” – Lee Iacocca
18. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordon
19. “The longer I live, the more I am certain that the great difference between the great and the insignificant, is energy – invincible determination – a purpose once fixed, and then death or victory.” – Sir Thomas Fowell Buxton
21. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
22. “We will either find a way, or make one!” – Hannibal
23. “It’s not about money or connections — it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone… And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.” – Mark Cuban
24. “I never could have done what I have done without the habits of punctuality, order, and diligence, without the determination to concentrate myself on one subject at a time.” – Charles Dickens
Have you seen these inspirational resilience quotes to remind you of your strength?
Inspirational Quotes When You Want to Give Up
25. “There’s only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything.” – Vincent Lombardi
26. “It was courage, faith, endurance and a dogged determination to surmount all obstacles that built this bridge.” – John J. Watson
27. “He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
28. “What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.” – Patty Berg
29. “We must look for ways to be an active force in our own lives. We must take charge of our own destinies, design a life of substance and truly begin to live our dreams.” – Les Brown
30. “I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.” – Thomas Alva Edison
31. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
32. “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan press on has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – John Calvin Coolidge
34. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
35. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
36. “Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time-rich and cash-poor.” – Cory Doctorow
37. “Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to shuffle back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round – remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped.” – James Corbett
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of running quotes to motivate you to stay active.
38. “What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.” – Alexander Graham Bell
40. “Bear in mind, if you are going to amount to anything, that your success does not depend upon the brilliancy and the impetuosity with which you take hold, but upon the ever lasting and sanctified buldoggedness with which you hang on after you have taken hold.” – Dr. A. B. Meldrum
41. “Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.” – Denis Waitley
42. “Decision and determination are the engineer and fireman of our train to opportunity and success.” – Burt Lawlor
Don’t forget to also check out these encouraging quotes to help keep you going.
43. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” – Napoleon Hill
44. “If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
45. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
47. “It takes a little courage, and a little self-control. And some grim determination, If you want to reach the goal. It takes a great deal of striving, and a firm and stern-set chin. No matter what the battle, if you really want to win, there’s no easy path to glory. There is no road to fame. Life, however we may view it, Is no simple parlor game; But its prizes call for fighting, For endurance and for grit; For a rugged disposition that will not quit.” – Navy SEAL Masterchief
48. “What really distinguishes this generation in all countries from earlier generations is its determination to act, its joy in action, the assurance of being able to change things by one’s own efforts.” – Hannah Arendt
49. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
50. “They say love will find a way. I know determination will.” – Ronnie Milsap
51. “The only good luck many great men ever had was being born with the ability and determination to overcome bad luck.” – Channing Pollock
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of good luck quotes for when you are feeling ill-fated.
52. “It’s a very funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.” – William Somerset Maugham
53. “I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed: and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I fail and keep trying.” – Tom Hopkins
54. “Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so.” – Charles De Gaulle
56. “The truest wisdom is a resolute determination.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
57. “The longer I live, the surer I become that the truest real difference between the success and the failure, between the strong and the weak, between the rich and the poor, between the great and the average, is just plain will power, invincible determination, a purpose once set and then death or victory. And no fine manners, education or brilliance, no talent, opportunity or culture can make any two-legged creature a man without it.” – Sir Thomas Buxton
58. “When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it – but all that had gone before.” – Jacob Riis
59. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
When the going gets tough, these perseverance quotes are gonna be the fuel for your inner fire.
More determination quotes and sayings
60. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo da Vinci
61. “Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.” – Robert Greene
62. “Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.” – Robert Strauss
63. “You rarely win, but sometimes you do.” – Harper Lee
64. “To turn your dreams into reality, all your resources, efforts and concentration should be aligned in the same direction.” – Dr. Roopleen
65. “That’s the point, isn’t it? We have to live on, no matter how hard it gets. We’ll win in the end.” – Brandon Sanderson
66. “Real treasure is not about what we found. Rather, it’s about the fact that we finally found it.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
Don’t forget to also check out these warrior quotes on having an unbeatable mind.
67. “Beginnings and endings are simply part of a journey that isn’t stopped by either.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
68. “Determination plus Persistence equals Achievement.” – Stanley T. Crawford
69. “Only your determination and your strong desire will move you forward.” – Aurora Berill
70. “Nothing can withstand the power of the human will if it is willing to stake its very existence to the extent of its purpose.” – Benjamin Disraeli
71. “Determination is only available to those who persevere and have the attitude of never giving up just because one thing did not work.” – Byron Pulsifer
72. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort.” – Jessie Owens
73. “We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.” – Sonia Johnson
74. “Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts.” – Unknown
75. “It is your determination and persistence that will make you a successful person.” – Kenneth J Hutchins
Make sure to also check out these wise sayings about life to expand your understanding.
Insightful Determination Quotes to Push Yourself
76. “It takes determination to see a dream come to pass. The question is not will you start, but will you finish.” – Joel Osteen
77. “Discipline automates habits which, in turn, determine your outcomes.” – David Khalil
78. “I, on the other hand, was a little-known night-club singer, who was said to have more determination than talent.” – Maya Angelou
79. “Working hard, being patient and being full of determination is perhaps the most fulfilling way of becoming rich.” – Robert Gardner
80. “You can’t go buy drive. They don’t sell it. It comes from here (your heart).” – Eric Thomas
81. “Say “I will!” and then stick to it–That’s the only way to do it.” – Nixon Waterman
82. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” – William Blake
83. “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
84. “Just remember that a mountain is not taken down in one big scoop but is done by taking one small chuck away at time.” – Byron Pulsifer
85. “People with a strong will power will always have the bigger picture in mind. They will be able to forgo small pleasures in order to help attain bigger goals.” – Brian Adams
Inspiring Determination Quotes to Guide You in Your Goals
86. “A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.” – Vince Lombardi
87. “Most people fail because they do not have determination and perseverance. Extraordinary people are determined and persevere that is what makes them extraordinary.” – Catherine Pulsifer
88. “A determined person will do more with a pen and paper, than a lazy person will accomplish with a personal computer.” – Catherine Pulsifer
89. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
90. “You need to develop the resilience and determination to tackle the hard work of leadership. You need personal resolve and tenacity to rise above the daily pressures and lead your organization into the future.” – Vince Molinaro
91. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
92. “No matter the number of times you fail you must be determined to succeed. You must not lose hope. Don’t stop in your storm.” – Tony Narams
93. “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” – Gail Devers
94. “I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it.” – Gale Sayers
95. “Mom, thank you for always modeling the utmost strength, determination, and work ethic.” – Steph Gold
Drive And Determination Quotes To Keep You Going
96. “He conquers who endures.” — Persius
97. “Are you desperate or determined? With desperation comes frustration. With determination comes purpose, achievement, and peace.” — James A. Murphy
98. “Courage is the foundation of determination. Determination and courage are the cornerstones of success.” — M. K. Soni
99. “It has never been my object to record my dreams, just the determination to realize them.” — Man Ray
100. “Victory is the child of preparation and determination.” — Sean Hampton
101. “Within each of us is a hidden store of determination. Determination to keep us in the race when all seems lost.” — Roger Dawson
102. “A great book begins with an idea; a great life, with a determination.” — Louis L’Amour
103. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” — Bo Jackson
104. “The difference between men is in energy, in the strong will, in the settled purpose and in the invincible determination.” — Vince Lombardi
105. “Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.” — Henry Van Dyke
Which of these determination quotes is your favorite?
Life will often surprise us with its twists and turns.
But whatever you’re going through right now, these quotes about drive and motivation should hopefully renew the willpower that’s already inside you.
July 31, 2022 5:00 AM EST