Our latest collection of optimistic quotes to help you see the bright side.
These quotes about optimism will help you live a positive life.
Do you consider yourself optimistic?
Is it easy for you to stay positive?
We decided to search the web and find some of our favorite optimistic quotes that can lift your spirits and elevate your perspective.
We believe that being optimistic is imperative for happiness and essential for a high quality of life.
No matter how tough the day is, no matter how frustrated or stressed out we are, keeping an optimistic state of mind is non-negotiable.
Below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and optimistic quotes, optimistic sayings, and optimistic proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Optimistic Quotes To Push Your Thinking
1. “Perpetual Optimism is a Force Multiplier.” ― Colin Powell
2. “If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”― Philip K. Dick
You will also enjoy our article on future quotes.
3. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.”― Dalai Lama XIV
You will also enjoy our article on mirror quotes.
4. “Expect the best, prepare for the worst.”― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
5. “I’m a pessimist because of intelligence, but an optimist because of will.”― Antonio Gramsci
You will also enjoy our article on positive attitude quotes.
6. “Pessimism never won any battle.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
7. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
8. “My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.”― Henry Rollins
9. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
10. “Be passionate, be optimistic, be grateful.” – Conor McGregor
Check out our collection of anticipation quotes if you enjoy this article.
Optimistic Quotes About Mindset
11. “And imagine acquiring a new language and only learning the words to describe a wonderful world, refusing to know the words for a bleak one and in doing so linguistically shaping the world that you inhabit.” ― Rosamund Lupton
12. “A pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself, and hates them for it.”― George Bernard Shaw
13. “For myself I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.” ― Winston S. Churchill
14. “I am so far from being a pessimist…on the contrary, in spite of my scars, I am tickled to death at life.”― Eugene O’Neill
15. “Write it on your heart
that every day is the best day in the year.
He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day
who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with your old nonsense.
This new day is too dear,
with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on the yesterdays.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of realist quotes for optimists and pessimists.
Optimistic Quotes About Being Positive
16. “Another way to be prepared is to think negatively. Yes, I’m a great optimist. but, when trying to make a decision, I often think of the worst case scenario. I call it ‘the eaten by wolves factor.’ If I do something, what’s the most terrible thing that could happen? Would I be eaten by wolves? One thing that makes it possible to be an optimist, is if you have a contingency plan for when all hell breaks loose. There are a lot of things I don’t worry about, because I have a plan in place if they do.”
― Randy Pausch
17. “I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual”― Virginia Woolf
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Virginia Woolf quotes that will help you understand life itself.
18. “Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”― Arundhati Roy
19. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”― Winston S. Churchill
20. “Be fanatically positive and militantly optimistic. If something is not to your liking, change your liking.”― Rick Steves
21. “TO BE HOPEFUL in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.
What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction.
And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.” ― Howard Zinn
22. “The optimist lives on the peninsula of infinite possibilities; the pessimist is stranded on the island of perpetual indecision.” ― William Arthur Ward
23. “In this hour, I do not believe that any darkness will endure.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien (see more JRR Tolkein quotes)
24. “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”― Lucille Ball
25. “Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.”― Noam Chomsky
Optimistic quotes that will change the way you think
26. “Optimism,” said Cacambo, “What is that?” “Alas!” replied Candide, “It is the obstinacy of maintaining that everything is best when it is worst.”― Voltaire
27. “Pessimists are usually right and optimists are usually wrong but all the great changes have been accomplished by optimists.”― Thomas L. Friedman
28. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”― Alphonse Karr
29. “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.”― Harriet Beecher Stowe
30. “The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it he knows too little.” ― Mark Twain
31. “there’s no harm in hoping for the best as long as you’re prepared for the worst.”― Stephen King
32. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. “You have this ability to find beauty in weird places.”― Kamila Shamsie
Optimistic quotes to elevate your state of mind
34. “For myself I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.”– Winston Churchill
35. “What is hope but a feeling of optimism, a thought that says things will improve, it won’t always be bleak [and] there’s a way to rise above the present circumstances.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
36. “Optimism doesn’t wait on facts. It deals with prospects.” ― Norman Cousins
37. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” ― Oscar Wilde
38. “Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.”– Voltaire
39. “It is the hopeful, buoyant, cheerful attitude of mind that wins. Optimism is a success builder; pessimism an achievement killer.” – Orison Swett Marden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of attitude quotes that will set you up for success.
40. “I am an optimist. Anyone interested in the future has to be otherwise he would simply shoot himself.”– Arthur C. Clarke
41. “When you have vision it affects your attitude. Your attitude is optimistic rather than pessimistic.”– Charles R. Swindoll
42. “Optimism means better than reality; pessimism means worse than reality. I’m a realist.” – Margaret Atwood
Optimistic quotes to uplift you
43. “When you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
44. “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.” ― Roy T. Bennett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short positive quotes to fuel your day.
45. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” ― Martin Luther
46. “Optimism is the foundation of courage.” – Nicholas M. Butler
47. “I try to think about optimism. I try to look at the beautiful things in life.” – Dolores O’Riordan
48. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted.” – Christine Caine
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
49. “The optimist looks at the horizon and sees an opportunity; the pessimist peers into the distance and fears a problem.” – William Arthur Ward
50. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
51. “Be more optimistic. Pessimism is a kind of behavior that you learn . Hoping for the best and believing that everything is going to be fine in the end helps to reduce stress.” – David Brown
52. “To the question whether I am a pessimist or an optimist, I answer that my knowledge is pessimistic, but my willing and hoping are optimistic.” – Albert Schweitzer
Powerful optimistic quotes
53. “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.” – Brian Tracy
54. “Life has no remote….get up and change it yourself!”― Mark A. Cooper
55. “The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true.” – J. Robert Oppenheimer
56. “I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.” – Winston Churchill
57. “Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.” – Nicholas Murray Butler
58. “A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” – Harry S. Truman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of opportunity quotes about making the most of a situation.
59. “Optimism is joyful searching; pessimism is a prison of fear and a clutching at illusionary safety.” – Kathleen A. Brehony
60. “Cultivate an optimistic mind use your imagination, always consider alternatives, and dare to believe that you can make possible what others think is impossible.” – Rodolfo Costa
61. “Optimism inspires, energizes, and brings out our best. It points the mind toward possibilities and helps us think creatively past problems.” – Price Pritchett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of mindset quotes that will help take you where you want to go in life.
Other optimistic quotes and sayings
62. “I say looking on the bright side of life never killed anybody.” – Jenny Han
63. “I see the glass half full and thank God for what I have.” – Ana Monnar
64. “Life doesn’t get much better than this.” – Stanford Wong
65. “If your dreams are to hard to achieve, just achieve.” – Benny Bellamacina
66. “I shield to one who is pessimistic and shield to one who is optimistic leaving this in a wandering state.” – Josh Cathey
67. “Optimism is the source of havingness.” – Meir Ezra
68. “There may be clouds in the sky, and rain may be falling, but this doesn’t mean the sun has stopped shining.” – Connor Chalfant
69. “He is a psychopath who is unnecessarily optimistic.” – Prashant Bhushan Tyagi
70. “I’m nothing if not optimistic about all the wrong things.” – Janci Patterson
71. “All of my days are held in your hand, crafted into your perfect Plan.” – Moosa Rahat
Optimistic quotes for hard times
72. “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” — Lou Holtz
73. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Khalil Gibran
74. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” — Robert H Schuller
75. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
76. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”— Doe Zantamata
77. “By the darkness, stars are revealed.” — Evette Carter
78. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” — Michael Jordan
79. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — Henry Ford
80. “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” — Randy Pausch
81. “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” — Gever Tulley
Optimistic quotes to lift your mood when you’re down
82. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” — Douglas Adams
83. “Stay close to anything that makes you glad you are alive.” — Hafez
84. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen.” — Deep Roy
85. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” — Helen Keller
86. “An optimist understands that life can be a bumpy road, but at least it is leading somewhere. They learn from mistakes and failures, and are not afraid to fail again.” — Harvey Mackay
87. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” — Maya Angelou
88. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Marthe Troly-Curtin
89. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” — Roy T. Bennett
90. “Motivation comes from working on things we care about.” — Sheryl Sandberg
91. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” — Rabindranath Tagore
Optimistic Quotes For Positive Attitude Towards Life
92. “Above all, it’s important to be optimistic and enthusiastic when developing ourselves and those around us.” ― Richard Hill
93. “When you’re focused on finding a positive angle to challenges or looking for the bright side to life, you find yourself being more optimistic.” ― Alex Uwajeh
94. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.” ― Walt Disney
95. “Be Optimistic – People want to be around others who view life as a positive venture.” ― Ace McCloud
96. “Be appreciative, optimistic and positive about life.” ― Maggie Thompson
97. “You have to be optimistic. I still have doubts and conflicts, but the bottom line is, I believe in the future.” ― Frank Gehry
98. “The way you look at life can determine your success. As they say, look on the bright side. Have an optimistic attitude.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
99. “Be the type of person that leaves everyone you interact with feeling energetic and optimistic.” ― Anthony Pompliano
100. “Positive thinking, simply put, can be defined as the process of taking on an optimistic lens in order to manage stress in a better manner.” ― Jessica Minty
101. “Gratitude makes you happier and more optimistic, improving your health and relationships and boosting your overall well-being.” ― Brenda Nathan
How did you find these optimistic quotes?
Becoming more optimistic can help you change your life and achieve your goals.
Optimism can empower you to overcome your challenges and strive for success and happiness.
Due to the ups and downs of life, it can be tough to remain positive at certain times.
During such times, a reminder that things will get better might be all you need.
So hopefully, these quotes about optimism have elevated your state of mind and encouraged you to always hope for the best in life; regardless of circumstance.
Did you enjoy these optimistic quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
Also, take a second to Like and Share!