Our latest collection of optimistic quotes to help you see the bright side. These quotes about optimism will help you live a positive life.
Do you consider yourself optimistic? Is it easy for you to stay positive?
We decided to search the web and find some of our favorite optimistic quotes that can lift your spirits and elevate your perspective.
We believe that being optimistic is imperative for happiness and essential for a high quality of life. No matter how tough the day is, no matter how frustrated or stressed out we are, keeping an optimistic state of mind is a non-negotiable.
Below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and optimistic quotes, optimistic sayings, and optimistic proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Optimistic Quotes To Push Your Thinking
1. “And imagine acquiring a new language and only learning the words to describe a wonderful world, refusing to know the words for a bleak one and in doing so linguistically shaping the world that you inhabit.” ― Rosamund Lupton
2. “A pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself, and hates them for it.”― George Bernard Shaw
3. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”― Winston S. Churchill
4. “Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”― Arundhati Roy
5. “Be fanatically positive and militantly optimistic. If something is not to your liking, change your liking.”― Rick Steves
6. “TO BE HOPEFUL in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.
What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something. If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction.
And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.” ― Howard Zinn
Optimistic Quotes About Mindset
7. “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.”― Dalai Lama XIV
8. “Expect the best, prepare for the worst.”― Muhammad Ali Jinnah
9. “For myself I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.” ― Winston S. Churchill
10. “I am so far from being a pessimist…on the contrary, in spite of my scars, I am tickled to death at life.”― Eugene O’Neill
11. “Write it on your heart
that every day is the best day in the year.
He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day
who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with your old nonsense.
This new day is too dear,
with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on the yesterdays.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Optimistic Quotes About Being Positive
12. “Another way to be prepared is to think negatively. Yes, I’m a great optimist. but, when trying to make a decision, I often think of the worst case scenario. I call it ‘the eaten by wolves factor.’ If I do something, what’s the most terrible thing that could happen? Would I be eaten by wolves? One thing that makes it possible to be an optimist, is if you have a contingency plan for when all hell breaks loose. There are a lot of things I don’t worry about, because I have a plan in place if they do.”
― Randy Pausch
13. “I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual”― Virginia Woolf
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Virginia Woolf quotes that will help you understand life itself.
14. “Perpetual Optimism is a Force Multiplier.”
― Colin Powell
15. “If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”― Philip K. Dick
16. “I’m a pessimist because of intelligence, but an optimist because of will.”― Antonio Gramsci
17. “The optimist lives on the peninsula of infinite possibilities; the pessimist is stranded on the island of perpetual indecision.” ― William Arthur Ward
18. “In this hour, I do not believe that any darkness will endure.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien (see more JRR Tolkein quotes)
19. “Pessimism never won any battle.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
20. “Life has no remote….get up and change it yourself!”― Mark A. Cooper
21. “My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.”― Henry Rollins
22. “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.”― Lucille Ball
23. “Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so.”― Noam Chomsky
Optimistic quotes that will change the way you think
24. “Optimism,” said Cacambo, “What is that?” “Alas!” replied Candide, “It is the obstinacy of maintaining that everything is best when it is worst.”― Voltaire
25. “Pessimists are usually right and optimists are usually wrong but all the great changes have been accomplished by optimists.”― Thomas L. Friedman
26. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”― Alphonse Karr
27. “The longest way must have its close – the gloomiest night will wear on to a morning.”― Harriet Beecher Stowe
28. “The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it he knows too little.” ― Mark Twain
29. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.”― J.R.R. Tolkien
30. “there’s no harm in hoping for the best as long as you’re prepared for the worst.”― Stephen King
31. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. “You have this ability to find beauty in weird places.”― Kamila Shamsie
Optimistic quotes to elevate your state of mind
33. “For myself I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.”– Winston Churchill
33. “What is hope but a feeling of optimism, a thought that says things will improve, it won’t always be bleak [and] there’s a way to rise above the present circumstances.” ―Wayne W. Dyer
34. “Optimism doesn’t wait on facts. It deals with prospects.” ―Norman Cousins
35. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” ― Oscar Wilde
36. “Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.”– Voltaire
37. “It is the hopeful, buoyant, cheerful attitude of mind that wins. Optimism is a success builder; pessimism an achievement killer.” – Orison Swett Marden
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of attitude quotes that will set you up for success.
38. “I am an optimist. Anyone interested in the future has to be otherwise he would simply shoot himself.”– Arthur C. Clarke
39. “When you have vision it affects your attitude. Your attitude is optimistic rather than pessimistic.”– Charles R. Swindoll
40. “Optimism means better than reality; pessimism means worse than reality. I’m a realist.” – Margaret Atwood
Optimistic quotes to uplift you
41. “When you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
42. “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.” ― Roy T. Bennett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short positive quotes to fuel your day.
43. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.” ―Martin Luther
44. “Optimism is the foundation of courage.” – Nicholas M. Butler
45. “I try to think about optimism. I try to look at the beautiful things in life.” – Dolores O’Riordan
46. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted.” – Christine Caine
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of dark quotes that will motivate you to keep going and encourage you that things will be OK.
47. “The optimist looks at the horizon and sees an opportunity; the pessimist peers into the distance and fears a problem.” – William Arthur Ward
48. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
49. “Be more optimistic. Pessimism is a kind of behavior that you learn . Hoping for the best and believing that everything is going to be fine in the end helps to reduce stress.” – David Brown
50. “To the question whether I am a pessimist or an optimist, I answer that my knowledge is pessimistic, but my willing and hoping are optimistic.” – Albert Schweitzer
Powerful optimistic quotes
51. “Be passionate, be optimistic, be grateful.” – Conor McGregor
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Conor McGregor quotes from the iconic fighter.
52. “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.” – Brian Tracy
53. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
54. “The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true.” – J. Robert Oppenheimer
55. “I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.” – Winston Churchill
56. “Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.” – Nicholas Murray Butler
57. “A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” – Harry S. Truman
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of opportunity quotes about making the most of a situation.
58. “Optimism is joyful searching; pessimism is a prison of fear and a clutching at illusionary safety.” – Kathleen A. Brehony
59. “Cultivate an optimistic mind use your imagination, always consider alternatives, and dare to believe that you can make possible what others think is impossible.” – Rodolfo Costa
60. “Optimism inspires, energizes, and brings out our best. It points the mind toward possibilities and helps us think creatively past problems.” – Price Pritchett
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of mindset quotes that will help take you where you want to go in life.
Other optimistic quotes and sayings
61. “I say looking on the bright side of life never killed anybody.” – Jenny Han
62. “I see the glass half full and thank God for what I have.” – Ana Monnar
63. “Life doesn’t get much better than this.” – Stanford Wong
64. “If your dreams are to hard to achieve, just achieve.” – Benny Bellamacina
65. “I shield to one who is pessimistic and shield to one who is optimistic leaving this in a wandering state.” – Josh Cathey
66. “Optimism is the source of havingness.” – Meir Ezra
67. “There may be clouds in the sky, and rain may be falling, but this doesn’t mean the sun has stopped shining.” – Connor Chalfant
68. “He is a psychopath who is unnecessarily optimistic.” – Prashant Bhushan Tyagi
69. “I’m nothing if not optimistic about all the wrong things.” – Janci Patterson
70. “All of my days are held in your hand, crafted into your perfect Plan.” – Moosa Rahat
How did you find these optimistic quotes?
Becoming more optimistic can help you change your life and achieve your goals. Optimism can empower you to overcome your challenges and strive for success and happiness.
Due to the ups and downs of life, it can be tough to remain positive at certain times. During such times, a reminder that things will get better might be all you need. So hopefully, these quotes about optimism have elevated your state of mind and encouraged you to always hope for the best in life; regardless of circumstance.
Did you enjoy these optimistic quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. Also, take a second to Like and Share!
March 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST