This “be real quotes” collection will inspire you and give you the courage to live life on your terms.
Being real and authentic is important in almost all aspects of life.
It helps in relationships, business, and can make you feel better.
Everyone is unique for a reason.
We all have our own paths.
To live life to your fullest potential, you have to be true to yourself.
Being authentic can have a huge impact on your self-worth and the quality of your relationships.
It helps you gain clarity about yourself and makes it easier for you to attract the right people in your life.
That said, being genuine doesn’t just benefit you, it benefits others as well.
It offers the people around you an opportunity to know the real you and makes it possible for the world to enjoy your unique contribution.
When you’re real with yourself, it frees you of the constraints and confinements of the inauthentic world and allows you to enjoy inner peace and experience unconditional love.
To celebrate the real you, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking be real quotes, be real sayings, and be real proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of quotes about fake people that will help you cherish the real ones
Be real quotes to celebrate the real you
1. “It’s okay to love something a little too much, as long as it’s real to you.” – Gerard Way
2. “I would rather wear honest tears than the most beautiful and elaborately faked smile.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
3. “Entertainment is temporary happiness, but the real happiness is permanent entertainment.” – Amit Kalantri
4. “Forget about being impressive and commit to being real. Because being real is impressive!” – Jonathan Harnisch
5. “If you can be anything, be real.” – Nikki Rowe
6. “When you ask a person to jump, his attention is mostly directed toward the act of jumping and the mask falls so that the real person appears.”- Philippe Halsman
7. “Be the girl you want your daughter to be. Be the girl you want your son to date. Be classy, be smart, be real, but most importantly be nice.” – Germany Kent
8. “You shouldn’t have to pretend to be as excited as I am just to make me happy. If it comes to that, you shouldn’t have to pretend to be anything around me. Friends should be real with each other” – J.M. Richards
9. “Wake up to realities! Real life is all about real things!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
10. “You will remain where you are…, until you change your mindset.” – A. Steve-Ifeoluwa
Be real quotes to inspire an extraordinary life
11. “Share your weaknesses. Share your hard moments. Share your real side. It’ll either scare away every fake person in your life or it will inspire them to finally let go of that mirage called “perfection,” which will open the doors to the most important relationships you’ll ever be a part of.” – Dan Pearce
12. “The secret to your purpose is to find what you feel is important, and not pursue what others would think is important. When you think highly of yourself, me thinking highly of you will never be enough!” – Shannon L. Alder
13. “But we have to learn to be free. We have to, Nell. Doesn’t mean happy all the time, or okay all the time. It’s okay not to be okay. I told you that, but I’m relearning it myself. But not being okay doesn’t mean you stop living.” – Jasinda Wilder
14. “Some things are only real because they represent what we think. When we learn the truth and think it, the old reality is no longer real to us and loses its hold on us. The truth sets us free.” – C. Terry Warner
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
15. “The easiest way to gain someone’s trust is to deserve it. This should be pretty easy, assuming you’re just being you and being real. Minimal effort too.” – Ashly Lorenzana
16. “Real is better, the truth is better. Painful but better.” – Cath Crowley
17. “The difference between real life and a story is that life has significance, while a story must have meaning. The former is not always apparent, while the latter always has to be, before the end.” – Vera Nazarian
18. “Flattery does not encourage the perfect flow of love in the vein of your relationship. Be genuine and speak out what you feel for each other without hiding the painful truth.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
19. “It takes courage to become authentic. So many talk about the light but not enough speak the truth about the struggles it takes to get there and the tools to overcome it all.” – Nikki Rowe
20. “Real is hard to find, and sometimes harder to differentiate. Fakes is acceptable by many, because its takes a lot of strength and courage to be real and more to stay REAL.” – Annelise Lords
Be real quotes to help you live life authentically
21. “What we have is often more important than what we will have simply because what we have is real!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
22. “And just as you utter these words, I know with unshakable certainty that those few minutes when we walk hand in hand together are, even in a dream, more real and better than anything I’d ever known in life, and that I would be lying if I called what I’ve been doing all these years living.” – André Aciman
23. “I am kind of person who will love the real version of you no matter how bad and broken than accepting the perfect and polished but fake version of you.” – Mahrukh
24. “I was transformed the day my ego shattered, and all the superficial, material things that mattered to me before, suddenly ceased to matter.” – Suzy Kassem
25. “The sick constriction of the heart was undeniable; there was a melancholy truth in the fact that it was suffering which made me, I thought, at last real to myself.” – Alfred Hayes
26. “So much possibility lives within the beauty of your authenticity. Be real.” – Scott Stabile
27. “Eloquence. — We need both what is pleasing and what is real, but that which pleases must itself be drawn from the true.” – Blaise Pascal
28. “Only a real man has the right to stand at the pinnacle.” – James Clavell
29. “You know it’s real when reality becomes a dream, the dream becomes real, and real feels unreal” – Evy Michaels
30. “Tell people how it is, be real and be honest. If you see something wrong make sure you speak up. Being this way will naturally eliminate the snakes and fakes.” – John Maiorana
Be real quotes to help you live your best life
31. “And sometimes, even if everything seems unreal a strange force will appear dragging you back the ‘so called’ real.” – A.T. Danielle
32. “Once your intentions are real and wise, helpful and positive, keep going forward. Never ever give up!” – Israelmore Ayivor
33. “If people don’t appreciate your Real self, it’s hard to be with them, but you only find True friends by Showing that self & Trusting.” – Jay Woodman
34. “When you strip away all the layers one by one, not much remains to “discover.” You will never find real meaning among your selfish interests, feelings, and aspirations. The answers do not lie within you.” – James C. Dobson
35. “The Sieves of time, filter out the fakes from the real. Don’t look back for them, they were filtered out for your refinement.” – Wordions
36. “Sadness is a part of life; Love is the heart of life; But facing pain and to come out strong is the real art of life.” – Wrushank Sorte
37. “When something serious happens in your life, something bad comes out of it but also something good. You get to see who is real. Who your true friends are, and who truly loves you. ” – Angie Karan
38. “Never apologize for what you feel. It’s like saying sorry for being real.” – Lil Wayne
39. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.”- Selena Gomez
40. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
Be real quotes that will give you the courage to live life on your terms
41. ”Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
42. ”Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
43. ”Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
44. “The strongest force in the universe is a human being living consistently with his identity.” – Tony Robbins
45. “Be yourself- not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.” – Henry David Thoreau
46. ”To be one’s self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity.” – Irving Wallace
47. “I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” – Dita Von Teese
48. ”You need to be real enough to be believable, but you don’t necessarily have to be real enough to be real. There is a distinction.” – Bradley Whitford
49. ”Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.”- Mahatma Gandhi
50. ”It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” – Andre Gide
Quotes about being real and true to yourself
51. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.”– Allen Ginsberg
52. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”– Marilyn Monroe
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of imperfection quotes about embracing your flaws.
53. “Be true to yourself. Make each day a masterpiece. Help others. Drink deeply from good books. Make friendship a fine art. Build a shelter against a rainy day.” – John Wooden
54. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.” – Gerard Way
55. “If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.” – Frank Zappa
56. “Learn to… be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
57. “Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.” – Unknown
58. “Just keep being true to yourself, if you’re passionate about something go for it. Don’t sacrifice anything, just have fun.” ― Blake Lewis
59. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
60. “You were born an original. Don t die a copy.” – John Mason
Be real quotes to appreciate your uniqueness
61. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
62. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
63. “Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life.” – Meg Medina
64. “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” – Dr. Seuss
65. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
66. “I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself.” – Bobby Brow
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of simplicity quotes to encourage a positive mindset.
67. “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.” – St. Catherine of Sienna
68. “The truer you are to yourself, the greater your gifts will manifest themselves.” ― Tiffany L. Jackson
69. “You must have control of the authorship of your own destiny. The pen that writes your life story must be held in your own hand.” – Irene C. Kassorla
70. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
Be real quotes to honor your
71. “I have reached a point in life where I feel it is no longer necessary to try & impress anyone. If they like me the way I am, good & if they don’t, it’s their loss.” – Corazon Aquino
72. “I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.”– Steve Maraboli
73. “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”– Lao Tzu
74. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.”– Edmond Mbiaka
75. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.”– Jimi Hendrix
76. “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.”– Frederick Douglass
77. “By being yourself, you put something beautiful into the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
78. “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”– Virginia Satir
79. “Just a reminder, what other people think of you is none of your business.”– Ze Frank
80. “Originality is… a by-product of sincerity.”– Marianne Moore
Be real quotes to inspire you
81. “Be who you choose to be, not who others choose to see.” —Unknown
82. “Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.” —Benjamin Disraeli
83. “My beliefs are the center of my being.” —Lailah Gifty Akita
84. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes on living a great life.
85. “Being real is what is important.” —Gavin Rossdale
86. “There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be true yourself.” – Anthony R
87. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” —Tina Fey
88. “One way to avoid what has already been done is to be true to yourself.” – Ramsey Campbell
89. “Everybody can relate to being real or true. Somehow, someway, you want to be real and true.” —Future
90. “The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching.” – Dave Chappelle
Other be real quotes and sayings
91. “The only difference between you and the person you admire is their perspective on life.” – Shannon L. Alder
92. “Your true self must shine through to attract the person who mirrors the highest vision of you.” – Collette O’Mahony
93. “Being real has nothing to do with the world. But, the world has a lot to do with the real you.” – Hiral Nagda
94. “Make an effort with tenacity to make real impact that works and don’t just create an impression with deception.” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
95. “To be real is to be who you are according to the purpose which God wants you to accomplish but not to be who people want you to be according to what they think you should be.” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
96. “It’s not about believing in yourself; it’s about being yourself. Take action!” – Shannon L. Alder
97. “You either live who you are or die being someone else.” – Richie Norton
98. “Being real is much less exhausting, than being a fake.” – Christine E. Szymanski
99. “Don’t pretend to be what you’re not, instead, pretend to what you want to be, it is not pretence, it is a journey to self-realization.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
100. “When you are real you don’t mind being hurt.” – Margery Williams Bianco
101. “Being sincere and true to yourself defines your authenticity.” – Arsenio V Manalo Jr.
102. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” – Winnie the Pooh
103. “Authenticity requires a certain measure of vulnerability, transparency, and integrity.” – Janet Louise Stephenson
104. “When you dance to your own rhythm, life taps its toes to your beat.” – Terri Guillemets
105. “You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are.” – Amy Poehler
Be you be real quotes
106. “I stay true to myself and my style, and I am always pushing myself to be aware of that and be original.” – Aaliyah
107. “You’ve gotta stay true to yourself, stay who you are.” – Manny Machado
108. “Your ideal life is your real life. Be true to yourself and honor your preferences.” – Maria Erving
109. “I just need to know that I did the very best I could and that I was true to myself.” – Lenny Kravitz
110. “I am what I am. And only that. At all times.” – A.D. Aliwat, ‘In Limbo’
111. “I must stay true to myself and take my own path all the way.” – Valerie June
112. “Beauty comes from embracing who you are.” – Lindsey Leavitt
113. “I want to stay true to who I am by trying to be in the moment.” – Alyson Hannigan
114. “You have to maintain a culture of transformation and stay true to your values.” – Jeff Weiner
115. “Make the most of yourself… for that is all there is of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Be real quotes about what it means to be your true self
116. “Be unpredictable, be real, be interesting. Tell a good story.” — James Dashner
117. “If you’re not trying to be real, you don’t have to get it right. That’s art.” — Andy Warhol
118. “Better to just be real. Show up and do your job and be a nice person.” — Elisabeth Rohm
119. “I do not want the things I do to be easy and predictable. I want them to be real.” — Stromae
120. “To me, being real is being yourself. You know, that’s whether you’re a pop artist or whatever.” — Tee Grizzley
121. “I’m a blunt person, not mean-spirited. I come from a place of love, but I’m interested in being real.” — Tracy McMillan
122. “That’s something we real big on – just being real, authentic, being yourself, not letting this lifestyle change you.” — YG
123. “All I’m ever looking for in my work in general is honesty and truth and people being real to themselves.” — iO Tillett Wright
124. “There comes a time when you realize that everything is a dream, and only those things preserved in writing have any possibility of being real.” — James Salter
125. “Being real is what keeps me humble. It doesn’t matter how much money I make or how much I accomplish. What’s critical is staying real to myself and keeping my feet on the ground. That’s what helps keep me going.” — Anuel AA
Be real quotes for your authentic self
126. “If your only intent is to be seen, you’ll never be seen. If your intent is to be happy, comfortable, genuine, and true in craft, you’re destined to be noticed.” -Doja Cat
127. “The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.” -Wiliam Morris
128. “Authenticity is everything! You have to wake up every day and look in the mirror, and you want to be proud of the person who’s looking back at you. And you can only do that if you’re being honest with yourself and being a person of high character. You have an opportunity every single day to write that story of your life.” -Aaron Rodgers
129. “Truth is a point of view, but authenticity can’t be faked.” -Peter Guber
130. “I know of nothing more valuable, when it comes to the all-important virtue of authenticity, than simply being who you are.” -Charles R. Swindoll
131. “If there’s one theme in all my work, it’s about authenticity and self-expression. It’s the idea that some things are, in some real sense, really you – or express what you and others aren’t.” -Bernard Williams
132. “Authenticity is the alignment of head, mouth, heart, and feet – thinking, saying, feeling, and doing the same thing – consistently. This builds trust, and followers love leaders they can trust.” -Lance Secretan
133. “Authenticity is very important – be true to one’s self.” -Laila Ali
134. “Don’t worry about what’s cool and what’s not cool. Authenticity is what’s cool.” -Zac Posen
135. “Authenticity can’t be replicated or faked. You’re either real or you’re not.” -Bibi Bourelly
Short Be Real Quotes On Importance Of Being True To Yourself
136. “Some people like you, some people don’t. In the end you just have to be yourself.” — Andres Iniesta
137. “Hard work pays off if you stay true to yourself and dedicated.” — Cesaro
138. “You just got to be kind and stay true to yourself and follow what makes you happy inside.” — Diana Silvers
139. “It’s so easy to be insecure about your looks or if you’re wearing the right clothes, or your hair and makeup. And I think it’s just so important to stay true to who you are.” — Sadie Sink
140. “I never said to be like me, I say be yourself and make a difference.” — Marilyn Manson
141. “Our true self is being who we are.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
142. “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” — John Jakes
143. “You can’t hide who you are, it will only cause you pain.” — Claire Cullen
144. “What I am is good enough if I would only be it openly.” — Carl R. Rogers
145. “Just stay true to yourself and true to what you believe.” — Joel Madden
Be Real Quotes To Keep You Going
146. “Be content to seem what you really are.” — Martial
147. “Being real ain’t got no drawbacks.” — Harold Gonzalez-Mejia
148. “If I`m being real honest / I`m fighting uphill battles / I can’t seem to find the right light / Cause I`ve Been living in the shadows” — Bear Rinehart
149. “I’m being real and that’s the thing to do / I’m just living and loving” — Alan Maman
150. “Think of what you are / How very far you are from being real” — John Bettis
151. “Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own” — Angelina Jolie
152. “Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love. ” — Rumi
153. “Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for. ” — Oliver James
154. “Ride the energy of your own unique spirit.” — Gabrielle Roth
155. “Best be yourself, imperial, plain and true!” — Robert Browning
Be Real Quotes To Be Transparent With Yourself
156. “I want to be real. I don’t want to pose as anything. I don’t want to pose as a tough guy. I don’t want to pose as a nice guy.” ― Trevor Bayne
157. “I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I’m not.” ― Aubrey O’Day
158. “You were born to be real, not to be perfect. You are here to be you, not to live someone else’s life.” ― Ralph Marston
159. “Well, I don’t want to be king, I want to be real.” ― John Lennon
160. “I don’t like to act in my personal life. I like to be straightforward.” ― Josh Hartnett
161. “Don’t persuade, defend or interrupt. Be curious, be conversational, be real. And listen.” ― Elizabeth Lesser
162. “Nothing beats being really honest about who you are and what you need. All the rest just works itself out.” ― Jon Voight
163. “They say learning to love yourself, Is the first step, That you take when you want to be real…” ― Tiesto
164. “It is better to be silent and be real than to talk and not be real.” ― Ignatius of Antioch
165. “Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking.” ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Did you enjoy these be real quotes?
In a world where authenticity and integrity are desperately needed, being true to yourself can have some amazing benefits.
Being true to yourself makes life easier.
It makes it possible to empower and love yourself so you can live your best life.
Hopefully, the above quotes will give you the courage to live life on your terms.
Which of these be real quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 25, 2022 6:00 AM EST