These November quotes will remind you that change is a normal and beautiful thing.
Even if it feels like we are entering a dark and dreadful winter, spring will always be around the corner.
For that, we should remember to count our blessings and be thankful.
Share your favorite November quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these November quotes?
This is when the last of the leaves on the trees turn brown and fall to the ground.
The first snow covers the earth, and the days get shorter and colder.
In November, we swap the beautiful colors of September and October for browns and grays, and for many people, seasonal depression kicks in.
But November is also the start of the holidays.
It’s a month of:
- making delicious food
- spending time with loved ones
Though winter is coming, and that means change, we know that spring is just around the corner.
Soon the days will be long and warm again.
Don’t forget to check out these winter quotes to get you through the coldest, yet most magical, season of the year.
Inspirational November quotes about the changing of the seasons
1. “November. Crows are approaching, wounded leaves fall to the ground.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
2. “The river this November afternoon rests in an equipoise of sun and cloud. A glooming light, a gleaming darkness shroud. Its passage. All seems tranquil, all in tune.” – Cecil Day-Lewis
3. “My lovely November. Have you seen my heart, somewhere in your castle of yellow leaves?” – A Waltz for Zizi
You will also enjoy our article on election day quotes.
4. “Autumn. The greatest show of all times.” – Mehmet Murat Idan
5. “November with uncanny witchery in its changed trees. With murky red sunsets flaming in smoky crimson behind the westering hills. With dear days when the austere woods were beautiful and gracious in a dignified serenity of folded hands and closed eyes–days full of a fine, pale sunshine that sifted through the late, leafless gold of the juniper-trees and glimmered among the grey beeches, lighting up evergreen banks of moss and washing the colonnades of the pines.” — Lucy Maud Montgomery
You will also enjoy our article on hunting quotes.
6. “Spring’s wakening bugle long is hushed, long dimm’d is Summer’s splendor October yields her easel bright to “black and white” November.” – James Rigg
7. “How sad would be November if we had no knowledge of the spring.” – Edwin Way Teale
8. “October’s foliage yellows with his cold. In rattling showers dark November’s rain. From every stormy cloud, descends amain, till keen December’s snows close up the year again.” – John Ruskin
9. “The wild November comes at last beneath a veil of rain. The night wind blows its folds aside, her face is full of pain. The latest of her race, she takes the Autumn’s vacant throne. She has but one short moon to live and she must live alone.” – R.H. Stoddard
10. “That soft autumnal time, the woodland foliage now is gathered by the wild November blast.” – John Howard Bryant
You will also enjoy our article on scorpio quotes.
11. “November woods are bare and still. November days are bright and good. Life’s noon burns up life’s morning chill. Life’s night rests feet which long have stood.” – Helen Fiske Hunt Jackson
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
November quotes to welcome winter
12. “October extinguished itself in a rush of howling winds and driving rain and November arrived, cold as frozen iron, with hard frosts every morning and icy drafts that bit at exposed hands and faces.” – J. K. Rowling
13. “November comes, and November goes. With the last red berries and the first white snows. With night coming early and dawn coming late, and ice in the bucket and frost by the gate. The fires burn, and the kettles sing, and earth sinks to rest until next spring.” – Clyde Watson
14. “The house was very quiet, and the fog we are in November now pressed against the windows like an excluded ghost.” – E.M. Forster
15. “There is October in every November and there is November in every December. All seasons melted in each other’s life.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
16. “It is also November. The noons are more laconic and the sunsets sterner and Gibraltar lights make the village foreign.” — Emily Dickinson
You will also enjoy our article on thankful quotes.
17. “The widower reviewed his past in a sunless light which was intensified by the greyness of the November twilight, whilst the bells subtly impregnated the surrounding atmosphere with the melody of sounds that faded like the ashes of dead years.” – Georges Rodenbach
You will also enjoy our article on food quotes.
18. “How I wish to fly with the geese away from dreary November days, the “freeze-up,” and cruel winter. Away from loneliness, isolation, and anxiety bred by blizzards. Most every local person I’ve talked to grudgingly admits to an autumn apprehension. It is part and parcel of an Adirondacker’s psychological makeup. The geese contaminate us with this strange depression on their southbound flight and cure us with their northbound. In between, we try to tolerate winter, each in his or her own way.” – Anne LaBastille
You will also enjoy our article on cloud quotes.
19. “Days with a high-sprung sky of flawless turquoise. Days when an exquisite melancholy seemed to hang over the landscape and dream about the lake. But days, too, of the wild blackness of great autumn storms, followed by dank, wet, streaming nights when there was witch-laughter in the pines and fitful moans among the mainland trees. What cared they? Old Tom had built his roof well, and his chimney drew.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
You will also enjoy our article on Tyler the Creator quotes.
Thankful November quotes and sayings
20. “November always seemed to me the Norway of the year.” – Emily Dickinson
You will also enjoy our article on yellow quotes.
21. “November is usually such a disagreeable month as if the year had suddenly found out that she was growing old and could do nothing but weep and fret over it.” — L.M. Montgomery
You will also enjoy our article on snow quotes.
22. “In November, the earth is growing quiet. It is making its bed, a winter bed for flowers and small creatures. The bed is white and silent, and much life can hide beneath its blankets.” – Cynthia Rylant
You will also enjoy our article on gratitude quotes.
23. “A barren realm of withered fields, bleak woods, and falling leaves. The palest morns that ever dawned, the dreariest of eves. It is no wonder that she comes, poor month with tears of pain. For what can one so hopeless do but weep, and weep again.” – R.H. Stoddard
You will also enjoy our article on grey quotes.
24. “The world is tired, the year is old, the faded leaves are glad to die.” – Sara Teasdale
25. “In rough October earth must disrobe her, stars fall and shoot. In keen November, and night is long, and cold is strong in bleak December.” – Christina G. Rossetti
26. “Even when November’s sun is low and Winter flaps his fleecy wings. Thy gold among his silvery snow a solace in the sadness brings.” – James Rigg
27. “So dull and dark are the November days. The lazy mist high up the evening curled, and now the morn quite hides in smoke and haze. The place we occupy seems all the world.” – John Clare
Motivational November quotes that ignite happiness
28. “Jam on November took away the worries, It was like tasting summer.” – El Fuego
29. “Welcome sweet November, the season of senses and my favorite month of all.” – Gregory F. Lenz
30. “In November, the smell of food is different. It is an orange smell. A squash and pumpkin smell. It tastes like cinnamon and can fill up a house in the morning, can pull everyone from bed in a fog. Food is better in November than any other time of the year.” – Cynthia Rylant
31. “In November, people are good to each other. They carry pies to each other’s homes and talk by crackling woodstoves, sipping mellow cider. They travel very far on a special November day just to share a meal with one another and to give thanks for their many blessings – for the food on their tables and the babies in their arms.” – Cynthia Rylant
32. “Happiness isn’t something you experience; it’s something you remember.” – Oscar Levant
33. “The month of November makes me feel that life is passing more quickly. In an effort to slow it down, I try to fill the hours more meaningfully.” – Henry Rollins
34. “I go to Japan every November on vacation, and the one thing I never return home without is yuba, which is the thin skin that forms atop boiling soy milk. You skim it off and either eat it fresh or dry it.” – Hanya Yanagihara
35. “I have come to regard November as the older, harder man’s October. I appreciate the early darkness and cooler temperatures. It puts my mind in a different place than October. It is a month for a quieter, slightly more subdued celebration of summer’s death as winter tightens its grip.” – Henry Rollins
36. “Fear not November’s challenge bold. We’ve books and friends, and hearths that never can grow cold. These make amends.” – Alexander L. Fraser
37. “Cosy fire a-burning bright, cozy tables robed in white. Dainty dishes smoking hot. Home. And cold and snow forgot.” – Louise Bennett Weaver and Helen Cowles LeCron
38. “When shriek’d the bleak November winds and smote the woods, and the brownfields were herbless, and the shades. That met above the merry rivulet, were spoil’d, I sought, I loved them still, they seem’d like old companions in adversity.” – William Cullen Bryant
More beautiful November quotes and sayings
39. “But there is always a November space after the leaves have fallen when she felt it was almost indecent to intrude on the wood for their glory terrestrial had departed and their glory celestial of spirit and purity and whiteness had not yet come upon them.” – L.M. Montgomery
40. “I know that I have died before once in November.” – Anne Sexton
41. “This November there seems to be nothing to say.” – Anne Sexton
42. “Don’t wait until the fourth Thursday in November, to sit with family and friends to give thanks. Make every day a day of Thanksgiving.” – Charmaine J Forde
43. “In November, the trees are standing all sticks and bones. Without their leaves, how lovely they are, spreading their arms like dancers. They know it is time to be still.” – Cynthia Rylant
44. “Wind warns November’s done with. The blown leaves make bat-shapes, Web-winged and furious.” – Sylvia Plath
45. “The November evening had a bite; it nibbled not-quite-gently at her cheeks and ears. In Virginia, the late autumn was a lover, still, but a dangerous one.” – J. Aleksandr Wootton
46. “November is Hip-Hop History Month, where we give celebration to what hip hop has done to bring together people of the world, people of all nationalities, young people, all the political systems and politicians on the planet.” – Afrika Bambaataa
47. “And November sad, a psalm. Tender, trustful, full of balm. Thou must breathe in spirits calm.” – Caroline May
48. “Peering from some high window, at the gold of November sunset and feeling that if day has to become night, this is a beautiful way.” – E. E. Cummings
49. “November is the most disagreeable month in the whole year.” – Louisa May Alcott
50. “All Nature mourns, I said, November wild hath torn the fairest pages from her book.” – Albert Laighton
November Quotes For Inspiration and Reflection
51. “There comes a time when people get tired of being pushed out of the glittering sunlight of life’s July and left standing amid the piercing chill of an alpine November.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
52. “The thinnest yellow light of November is more warming and exhilarating than any wine they tell of. The mite which November contributes becomes equal in value to the bounty of July.” — Henry David Thoreau
53. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” — Albert Camus
54. “Some of the days in November carries the whole memory of summer as a fire opal carries the color of moon rise.” — Gladys Taber
55. “I cannot endure wasting anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
56. “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” — Chad Sugg
57. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” — Jim Bishop
58. “November’s sky is chill and drear, November’s leaf is red and sear.” — Sir Walter Scott
59. “November at its best—with a sort of delightful menace in the air.” — Anne Bosworth Greene
60. “Fallen leaves lying on the grass in the November sun bring more happiness than the daffodils.” — Cyril Connolly
Inspirational Hello November Quotes and Sayings
61. “Whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul, I shall recall the memory of warm, sunny, late summer afternoons like this one, and be comforted greatly.” – Peggy Toney Horton
62. “November is auspicious in so many parts of the country: the rice harvest is already in, the weather starts to cool, and the festive glow which precedes Christmas has began to brighten the landscape.” — F. Sionil Jose
63. “You know what I’m doing starting 1st November? Jesus Christ Superstar.” – Sebastian Bach
64. “I kill ’em in November, they won’t know it ’til December.” – Young Dro
65. “I said I, I give you november rain.” – David Deejay
66. “No One Diets on Thanksgiving. What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?” – Erma Bombeck
67. “No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees, No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds; November!” – Thomas Hood
68. “Flurries early, pristine and pearly. Winter’s coming. Can we endure such a premature falling? Some may find this trend distressing- others bend to say a blessing over sage and onion dressing.” – Old Farmer’s Almanac
69. “November came roaring in with gusty winds and more wet weather. Mandy’s depression would not go away. Her garden seemed sad, too. It was virtually empty now, and the few brave flowers that remained there were flattened by rain, their yellow stalks sprawling in all directions. Most of the trees were bare, and the woods had a wet carpet of leaves.” – Julie Andrews Edwards
70. “At this season of the year, darkness is a more insistent thing than cold. The days are short as any dream.” — E.B. White
November Quotes To Cope With The New Season
71. “It was the best kind of November day. Cold and crisp, but not quite freezing, not icy. Just cold enough that she could justifiably wear all her favorite clothes…” ― Rainbow Rowell
72. “Long cold nights mark November’s return, grey rains fall, wind walks in the bronze oak leaves.” ― Gladys Taber
73. “And Yale is November, crisp and energetic.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
74. “In November you begin to know how long the winter will be.” ― Martha Gellhorn
75. “This is the month of nuts and nutty thoughts,—that November whose name sounds so bleak and cheerless. Perhaps its harvest of thought is worth more than all the other crops of the year.” ― Henry David Thoreau
76. “The wild November come at last beneath a veil of rain. The night wind blows its folds aside, her face is full of pain.” ― Richard Henry Stoddard
77. “It was November–the month of crimson sunsets, parting birds, deep, sad hymns of the sea, passionate wind-songs in the pines.” ― L.M. Montgomery
78. “The August noon in us works to stave off the November chills.” ― Ray Bradbury
79. “November is chill, frosted mornings with a silver sun rising behind the trees, red cardinals at the feeders, and squirrels running scallops along the tops of the gray stone walls.” ― Jean Hersey
80. “This is going to be a November to remember.” ― Charmaine J. Forde
November birthday quotes
81. “Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer.” – Robert Rivers
82. “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” – Sammy Hagar
83. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
84. “A birth date is a reminder to celebrate the life as well as to update the life.” – Amit Kalantri
85. “A happy birthday is measured not in the amount of gifts one gets, but in the amount one is loved.”― Todd Stocker
86. “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” – Emily Dickinson
87. “I hope you celebrate your birthday every year no matter your age, for your life truly is a gift.” – Anthea Gillian Tripp
88. “Today is the oldest you have been, and the youngest you will ever be. Make the most of it!” – Nicky Gumbel
89. “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” – Aretha Franklin
90. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
November quotes for Instagram
91. “Well, you know November has come when it’s gone away.” – “November Has Come,” Gorillaz
92. “Now in November nearer comes the sun down the abandoned heaven.” – D. H. Lawrence
93. “I’ll pray you never understand this sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet November.” – “Sweet November,” SZA
94. “If months were marked by colors, November in New England would be colored gray.”‒ Madeleine M. Kunin
95. “November is secret and silent.” – Allison Uttley
96. “The quiet of October is refreshing, The quiet of November, oppressing…” ‒ Terri Guillemets, ‘How Suddenly It Turns’
97. “Can we go back to November? Take me back to November” – “November,” Tyler the Creator
98. “I can not only see November Skies, I see you everywhere, everywhere!” ‒ Tomas Barford, ‘November Skies’
99. “Spring is brown; summer, green; autumn, yellow; winter, white; November, gray.” —Henry David Thoreau
100. “White snowdrop in November I shall go now towards winter my free soul flowering with harvests.”‒ Yves Préfontaine
November Quotes To Cheer You Up
101. “Don’t wait until the fourth Thursday in November to sit with family and friends to give thanks. Make every day a day of Thanksgiving!” ― Charmaine J. Forde
102. “One cold November, I resolved to kill the staircase spawn.” ― Arthur K. Flam
103. “I love to see the cottage smoke curl upwards through the trees. The pigeons nestled round the cote on November days like these.” ― John Clare
104. “November, I’ll give thanks that you belong to me. December, you’re the present beneath my Christmas tree.” ― Neil Sedaka
105. “Dull November brings the blast, Then the leaves are whirling fast.” ― Sara Coleridge
106. “The November figure is an aberration.” ― Abheek Barua
107. “November wind has a sound different from any other. It is easy to imagine the cave of the winds in some mythical Northland where the winds are born and the gods send them out to conquer the quiet air.” ― Gladys Taber
108. “The unwelcome November rain had perversely stolen the day’s last hour and pawned it with that ancient fence, the night.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
109. “Every year, in November, at the season that follows the hour of the dead, the crowning and majestic hours of autumn, I go to visit the chrysanthemums. They are indeed, the most universal, the most diverse of flowers.” ― Maeterlinck
110. “November leads the month in their wintry round.” ― Anne Hunter
November Quotes To Help You Prepare For The Next Season
111. “Her smile adds an air of enigma to her. Like a melting cup of warm dark chocolate on a November evening.” ― Ipsita Upasana
112. “What is No-Spend November anyway? It’s all about being frugal and saving money during a season when advertisers are telling you to spend, spend, spend!” — Rebecca Lake
113. “From November through December, ’tis the season for ‘Home Alone!” — Catherine O’Hara
114. “November and December Keep watch within my heart.” — Amy Levy
115. “November’s days are thirty: November’s earth is dirty, Those thirty days, from first to last; And the prettiest things on ground are the paths…” — Edward Thomas
116. “November Rain is a song about not wanting to be in a state of having to deal with unrequited love.” — Axl Rose
117. “All in November’s soaking mist We stand and prune the naked tree, While all our love and interest Seem quenched in the blue-nosed misery.” — Ruth Pitter
118.“It is worth taking the time to stop and contemplate at the beginning of each new month.” — Nadine Locke
119. “The object of a new month is not that we should have a new month…we should have a new soul.” — G. K. Chesterton
120. “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” — April Mae Monterrosa
What makes November special?
While November guides us through the transition from fall to winter, and winter often symbolizes death, November symbolizes hope.
The transition reminds us that change is constant and, soon, spring will come again.
The month of November symbolizes knowledge and wisdom as the year is coming to a close, and we reflect on what we learned throughout the last 10 months.
November is also a symbol of gratitude.
For hundreds of years, people have celebrated the end of the harvests in November and gathered with loved ones to count their blessings.
How do you celebrate November?
Which November quotes and sayings are your favorites?
Let us know in the comments below.