Everyone loves Sunday Funday quotes.
Take a moment to reset, relax, and enjoy our eclectic list of Sunday Funday quotes.
Tell us which Sunday Funday quote resonated most with you in the comment section below.
What does Sunday Funday mean?
The beauty behind the idea of Sunday Funday is that you can design it to your preference.
There is no official set of rules or customs you must follow to manifest a fabulous Sunday Funday.
In American popular culture, Sunday Funday is a day to enjoy yourself with friends and family or by yourself.
Some people enjoy including alcohol with their Sunday Funday, and others do not.
Sunday Funday is any activity that allows you to:
- Pursue your joy and passion.
- Reset and recharge your energy.
- Spend time alone or with loved ones.
What brings you happiness?
It is hard to imagine a world where you do not have responsibilities.
A balanced week includes time pursuing our career goals, time with our loved ones, and time to care for ourselves.
A well-rounded Sunday Funday can allow us to do everything we require to be our best.
For some people, meditating alone or taking a solo trek through the woods is what they need for a lovely Sunday Funday.
Others prefer to include quality time with close friends and loved ones.
What makes you feel whole, recharged, and motivated is what you need for your Sunday Funday.
Sunday Funday is a day to reset the week while having some fun.
If you are a fan of Sunday Funday, you will enjoy our selections of Sunday Funday quotes below.
Short Sunday Funday quotes
Check out our little reminders of why Sunday Funday is vital.
1. “Sunday is my favorite day.” ― Emma Caulfield
2. “I’m easy like Sunday morning.” ― The Commodores
3. “Time flows in a strange way on Sundays.” ― Haruki Murakami
4. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” ― A.D. Posey
5. “May your Sunday be full of fun and laughter.” ― Kate Summers
6. “Poetry is truth in its Sunday clothes.” ― Philibert Joseph Roux
7. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” ― Elfriede Jelinek
8. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” ― Joseph Addison
9. “The goal of Sunday is to leave my home as little as possible.” ― Mark Morris
10. “It was the kind of Sunday to make one ache for Monday morning.” ― Joan Didion
We love Sunday Funday quotes
Here are some exciting quotes for all you Sunday Funday lovers out there.
11. “Why is Sunday a day of rest because it is different than all the rest.” — Byron Pulsifer
12. “Ah, Sunday, the day of rest, now that’s something to be thankful for!” ― Aaron P. Taylor
13. “The frantic pace of life is only interrupted by the quietness of Sunday.” ― Byron Pulsifer
14. “Sunday! A family day with a touch of weekend thrown in for good measure.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
15. “Sunday is a day to clear the mind of all that has transpired the week before.” ― Byron Pulsifer
16. “Without Sunday, I wouldn’t know when to put on the brakes of a hurtling life.” ― Byron Pulsifer
17. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.” ― Catherine McCormack
18. “Sunday; The day I planned a lot but actually do nothing.” ― Lovely Goyal, I Love the Way You Love Me
19. “Saturdays and Sundays; Make every day for your weekend. Make every day a play-day.” ― James A. Murphy
20. “Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Sunday Funday quotes and sayings
Sunday is a day of rest, and these quotes remind us to recharge.
21. “Sunday checklist: Do nothing and chill.” ― Anonymous
22. “People can be great competitors on Sunday and mates on Monday.” ― Casey Stoner
23. “The biggest thrill wasn’t in winning on Sunday but in meeting the payroll on Monday.” ― Art Rooney
24. “Do not let Sunday be taken from you. If your soul has no Sunday, it becomes an orphan.” ― Albert Schweitzer
25. “We need the spirit of Sunday carried over to Monday and continued until Saturday.” ― Edward McKendree Bounds
26. “Sundays tend to be a day where just I do nothing but visit people. It’s kind of like trick-or-treating.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
27. “Most of us spend the first six days of each week sowing wild oats; then we go to church on Sunday and pray for a crop failure.” ― Fred Allen
28. “Sunday on the beach, having sea shells in the pocket, sand in the shoes, was the day to refuel our souls and be grateful to the blessings.” ― Ejump
29. “The city takes a breath on Sunday. Of all that’s lost with the pursuit of what’s next, I hope we don’t lose that.” ― Hawksley Workman, Hawksley Burns for Isadora
30. “Sunday is like this entertainment scrum for me because I’ve only got a day, one day of fun. So I want to have brunch, and I want to see a movie, and I want to watch ‘Game of Thrones,’ and I’m trying to watch ‘The Sopranos’ from the beginning, and I want to play four hours of video games. So, it’s, like, as disciplined as my work life.” ― Aisha Tyler
Lazy Sunday quotes
These quotes are all about using Sunday as a day to relax.
31. “Every day can be sunny day but not Sunday.” ― Invajy
32. “Sunday: Sleep til you’re hungry, then eat til you’re sleepy.” ― Anonymous
33.“It’s Sunday. Therefore I am 100% motivated to do nothing today!” ― Anonymous
34. “Sunday is the perfect day to refuel your soul and to be grateful for each and every one of your blessings.” ― Anonymous
35. “Sunday is a day of reflection; to think about, meditate on, and evaluate your behaviors, thoughts, attitudes, motivations, and desires.” ― Invajy
36. “Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest!” ― Mixell
37. “Sunday is the day when I prepare for the week ahead by making improbable To-Do lists and browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to decorate my imaginary mansion.” ― Nanea Hoffman
38. “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion; in the evening, they reach the ground, and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.” ― Alain Bremond-Torrent
39. “Is there any place on Earth that smells better than a laundromat? It’s like a rainy Sunday when you don’t have to get out from under your covers, or like lying back on the grass your father’s just mowed, comfort food for your nose.” ― Jodi Picoult
40. “Sunday just came down like a nine-pound hammer. It was tainted with the closing-in feeling of the loss of freedom. Because after the sun went down, it came back up on Monday morning. And you had to go to work five more days. And it sucked.” ― Larry Brown
Sunday Funday quotes for Instagram
These are the perfect captions for your Sunday Funday.
41. “Time to Sunday Funday.” — Anonymous
42. “Sunday Funday vibes only.” — Anonymous
43. “Out with my Sunday Funday crew.” — Anonymous
44. “Sundays are meant to be fun days.” — Anonymous
45. “On Sunday Fundays, we wear our cozy pants.” — Anonymous
46. “My definition of Sunday Funday is do nothing and chill.” — Anonymous
47. “Sunday’s a Funday until you realize tomorrow’s Monday.” — Anonymous
48. “Ain’t got time for lazy Sunday when I have Sunday Funday.” — Anonymous
49. “And let us never forget the best day of the week: Sunday Funday.” — Anonymous
50. “I try not to work too many Sundays. At least on Sunday nights, I try to chill out a little bit. I call it Sunday Funday.” ― Miley Cyrus
Why is Sunday a day of rest?
Across the globe, people have different relationships with the days of the week.
For some, Saturdays are the day of rest; others have no specific day.
Christianity is a common faith in the United States, and many Christian practices have become popular culture.
The widespread significance of Sunday resulted in a general recognition of Sunday as a special day for many people.
Some beliefs and traditions behind Sunday stem from the book of Genesis, chapter two, verse three, which says, “God blessed the seventh day and made it holy because on it he rested from all the world he had done in creation.”
This aspect of the Christian creation story regards Sunday as a day of rest and recharging from our work and efforts.
You do not need to follow any faith to enjoy a Sunday Funday.
All you need is to set aside time to engage in activities that increase your happiness, health, and energy.
How do you enjoy Sunday Funday?
Maybe try some of these NY Times crossword puzzles!
Please be sure to let us know in the comments below.