Our best list of thought-provoking and motivational quotes on Everyday Power!
Sometimes there is a quote or saying, that really resonates with you. Sometimes there are many. One of the simplest and most inspiring things you can do for yourself is to keep an open mind of the source, write it down, and keep it somewhere that it can be seen often.
I carry mine with me in a planner each day so that they are always at hand. I add to my list every time I hear something that really strikes a chord. What a simple way to give yourself that boost you need, exactly when you need it? I hope some of these resonate with you a well!
Motivational Quotes About All Areas of Life
1. “Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking.” – J.C. Watts
2. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R. R. Tolkein
3. “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
4. “Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane, and the pessimist the parachute.” – Gil Stein
5. “The distance is nothing; it’s only the first step that is difficult.” – Marquise du Deffand
6. “It doesn’t matter if I don’t succeed in something. What matters is if I learn from my mistakes.” – Linda Evans
7. “If you don’t like something change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.” – Maya Angelou
8. “He that is good for making excuses, is seldom good for anything else.” – Benjamin Franklin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of excuses quotes about the power of sticking to your word.
9. The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” – Allan K Chalmers
10. “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
Motivational Quotes About Loving Yourself
11. “The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.” – Mark Twain
12. “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they are not on your road, doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.” – Dalai Lama
13. “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” – Plato
14. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
15. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
16. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you something. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
17. “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” – Mark Twain
18. “The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.” – Mal Pancoast
19. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
Motivational Quotes About Success
20. “Success if getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” – Dale Carnegie
21. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “What you do speaks so loud, that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “For every minute you remain angry, you give up 60 seconds of peace of mind.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “Try and fail, but don’t fail to try.” – Stephen Kaggwa
27. “The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” – Eriksson
28. “To be great, is to be misunderstood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “The only person you are destined to become, is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes on living a great life.
Motivational Quotes About Your Future
31. “Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.” – Oscar Wilde
32. “Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much.” – Oscar Wilde
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of enemy quotes that will make you want to cut ties with your frenemies.
33. “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
34. “I have the simplest of tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” – Oscar Wilde
35. “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
36. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
37. “There is no beauty without some strangeness.” – Edgar Allan Poe
38. “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” – Charles Darwin
39. “All that we see or seem is but a scream within a scream.” – Edgar Allen Poe
40. “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Jung
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
Motivational Quotes About Mindset
41. “The mind is everything. What you think, you become.” – Buddha
42. “Don’t make a permanent decision for a temporary emotion.” – Unknown
43. “Life is too short to spend another day at war with yourself.” – Confucius
44. “Nothing haunts us like the things we don’t say.” – Mitch Albom
45. “We ARE our choices.” – J.P. Sartre
46. “Most people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren’t so busy denying them.” – Harold J. Smith
47. “If the simple things in life don’t put a smile on your face, then you will never truly be happy.” – Unknown
48. “Make is simple, but significant.” – Don Draper
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of simple quotes that will help you live a simply beautiful life.
49. “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” – Confucius
Motivational Quotes About Forgiveness
50. “Forgiveness doesn’t mean you excuse the crime. It only means you are no longer willing to be the victim.” – Unknown
51. “I’m rarely bored alone; I am often bored in groups and crowds.” – Laurie Halgoe
52. “When you complain, you make yourself the victim. Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it. All else is madness.” – Eckhart Tolle
53. “What is love? Love is absence of judgement.” – Dalai Lama
54. “Be a voice, not an echo.” – Albert Einstein
55. “Alice: This is impossible. The Mad Hatter: Only if you believe it is.” – Unknown
56. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu
57. “Do not wish for, what you will not work for.” – Unknown
58. “If it wasn’t for failures, I wouldn’t know what strength looked like.” – Byron Pulsifer
59. “The only way a relationship will last, is if you see your relationship as a place you go to give, and NOT a place you go to take.” – Anthony Robbins
60. “Shared joy is double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.” – Swedish Proverb
Motivational Quotes About Love
61. “The joy in life is to be used for a purpose. I want to be all used up when I die.” – George Bernard Shaw
62. “No matter the time of day, no matter who is watching, and no matter what the situation, personal integrity doesn’t take a holiday.” – Byron Pulsifer
63. “He who angers you, conquers you.” – Elizabeth Kenny
64. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”— Lucille Ball
65. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.”—Mother Teresa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspiring Mother Teresa quotes on kindness, love, and charity.
66. “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
67. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.”—Martin Luther King, Jr.
68. “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.”— Gilbert K. Chesterton
69. “Our first and last love is self-love.”—Christian Nestell Bovee
70. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”— Maya Angelou
More motivational quotes and sayings
71. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”—James A. Baldwin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short motivational quotes that will get you ready to tackle the day.
72. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” – Roy T. Bennett
73. “The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.” – Arthur C. Clarke
74. “Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of ambition quotes to set your sights sky high.
75. “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” – Pablo Picasso
76. “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
77. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
78. “Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the instruments of the wise.” – Samuel Lover
79. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
80. “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.” – William James
81. “To have what you have never had, you have to do what you have never done.” – Roy T. Bennett
Which thought-provoking and motivational quotes were your favorite?
March 19, 2021 6:00 AM EST